Win an Iron Patriot Quarter Maquette from Sideshow Collectibles!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By MissJ

Our pals at Sideshow Collectibles have a brand new shiny maquette to show off, and we've got an exclusive giveaway to go with it.

No Caption Provided

The Figure

The Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette is officially available for pre-order, and features a movie-replica design and light-up features on the chest, eyes, and repulsor hands.

No Caption Provided

The team at Sideshow Collectibles partnered up with Legacy Effects Studio, the special effects team behind the suits featured in the Iron Man films, to make this maquette as movie-accurate as possible. Each figure also comes with an accessory portrait of Don Cheadle. It may or may not reset your email password to "WAR MACHINE ROX" with an "X," all caps (we can't confirm).

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The 1:4 scale maquette is 22 inches tall, has individually-painted and hand-finished high gloss armor, and retails at $399.99. Pre-orders are open now, with the maquette shipping out in late 2014.

Collector Bonus: if you pre-order this figure, you'll get double rewards points from Sideshow Collectibles.

The Contest

Comic Vine has one of these fantastic maquettes to give away, and we're opening up the contest right now. It'll run through Sunday night (Pacific Time), and we'll be choosing a winner at random from comments on this post.

A few restrictions: This contest is open only to those in the United States and the figure will not ship to a PO Box. Sorry, non-US peeps and PO Box'ers.

(Fancy legal info behind the spoiler tag)

Eligibility: Comic Vine Giveaways (the "Giveaways") are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of CBS Interactive, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of a Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

Sponsor: The Giveaways are sponsored by Comic Vine, 235 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA ("Sponsor").

Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in a Giveaway constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Giveaway Entities may have developed or may in the future develop ideas that may be similar to entrant's submission, that any such similarity shall be coincidental, and that entrant shall have no rights whatsoever in or to, and the Giveaway Entities shall have no obligation to entrant for the Giveaway Entities' use of, any such ideas.

Entry Period: The start and end times/dates (the "Entry Period") are located on the applicable Giveaway page.

Giveaway Entry/Submission: Follow the directions on the applicable Giveaway page in order to submit an entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.

Winner Selection: Winner(s) will be selected via random drawing. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner(s) will be contacted via direct message and will be asked to provide their first and last names, age and mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification d.m., the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.

Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.

Prize(s): The prize(s) are located on the applicable Giveaway page. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.

General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.

Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of Winner's name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review or consent (where allowable).

How can you win?

It's so easy, you don't have to be a Tony Stark-level genius to do it:

• Comment on this post with your favorite Iron Patriot story or moment.
  • Do that before midnight (12:00) PST on Sunday, December 22, 2013.
  • Realize that only one comment per person counts for the drawing, but you're allowed to make as many as you like.

A winner will be chosen at random from the posts that qualify (sorry guys, posts about how your uncle's neighbor makes $2051/hr by doing literally nothing because he's a spambot don't count!). Sideshow Collectibles will ship the figure (to your non-PO Box address in the USA) as soon as it is manufactured.

And the winner is...

[Update: 12:03am December 23, 2013] Our randomly-chosen winner is mightypug78! Thanks to everyone who entered -- we had a great time reading your favorite Iron Patriot moments, and can't wait to have more awesome contests.

Follow @collectsideshow and the hashtag #SideshowIronPatriot for more on this spectacular figure. Remember, pre-orders on this figure earn double points!

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Tony... I quit.

I want to be eligible to win this...

jaybake724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By jaybake724

Pick me, pick me

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@inferiorego: I'm ineligible bc of age. You because you work for CV. I say we protest!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

@inferiorego: Okay. I'll have to try to remember all the stuff I made you do when you "auditioned" for the job.

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Mat had to audition? SUCKER.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#6 inferiorego  Staff

@missj said:

@g_man: Mat had to audition? SUCKER.

He gave me balding pills.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mcmoberly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mcmoberly

Light up Iron Patriot will help set the mood for all the sexy comic reading I do alone in my room

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

does It have to be movie iron patriot? from the movie it was the moment he first appeared. he was so bad ass and awe inspiring. he was basically an iron man i could stand behind. now for comics i loved when osborns helmet was removed and you saw a goblin face underneath. the supposed symbol of americas new safety turned ou to be a madman after all.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Iron Patriot story is the one where NORMAN OSBORN is its pilot, (Not the one from Ultimate Spiderman show..) lol.

Good Luck everybody! :) , This is one Awesome giveaway!

Jmenna07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite Iron Patriot moment from Iron Man 3 is when Joan Rivers is seen commenting on the armor and basically saying how the design is tacky haha.

Kneepawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite moment... Osbourn's entire Dark Avengers run. Seeing him act very Luthor-y was pretty awesome. lol

iceslick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 83

@g_man: Does it have to be comic Iron Patriot? It sucks that I haven't read anything about Iron Patriot. But I will when I get the chance. :-(

@inferiorego: I'm pretty sure, you miss your hair now. And by the way, you do look better with hair. lol

drunkenboxer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved when Killian's henchman had control of the Iron Patriot armor, and everyone treats him like Rhodey solely because he's in the armor.

EnigmaLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I live in Europe.. *sulks and kicks a cat*

EvilPenguin543

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

My favorite moment: the president is dangling helplessly in the Iron Patriot armor, only to be saved by Rhodey, who puts on the armor and flies the president to safety. Patriotism for the win!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: Jen's taking the lead on this. Ask her!

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iceslick: Any Iron Patriot! Movie is a-ok, too, since the fig is based on it.

lifeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

My fav iron patriot moment is when osborn tells sentry to just kill the molemans henchmen. Sentry is like"you want me t o just kill them?"

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MissJ

@enigmalantern: Bummer! We'll see what we can do about contests for your geography...

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Not a particular arc but is how Bendis in Dark Reign really played into the crass nationalisim inherint to a piece of armor called the Iron Patriot clad in red white and blue.

Avatar image for radiofreedonald
radiofreedonald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By radiofreedonald

Best Iron Patriot moment in IM3: Dick...tator

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Patriot will guide me and my american comics to victory over those damned canadians. Death to Alpha Flight! Death to the metric system! Long live McDonalds!

Avatar image for themantisshrimp
TheMantisShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I enjoyed all the interactions between the Iron Patriot and Sentry. Dark Reign had some pretty cool moments.

Al_capOWN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Al_capOWN

Favorite moment? I don't know, there's so many!!! This giveaway is hard to play!!!

Ry Fryy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Ry Fryy

My favorite Iron Patriot moment was in LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, when you assemble the dance floor and get funky.

Dear god.. I hope I win this thing. My girlfriend would kill me.

Kalyandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Favorite moment? in IM3...

Tony Stark: It's not the '80s, nobody says "hack" anymore. Give me your login.

Colonel James Rhodes: "WAR MACHINE ROX" with an "X," all caps.

MissJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MissJ

@ry_fryy: Kill you because it's AWESOME?

cdeoleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Iron Patriot Moment is when in Siege Captain America throws his shield at Iron Patriot and you see the reflection of the shield getting closer until it hits.

sixplusthree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sixplusthree

Favorite Iron Patriot moment? Anytime Norman Osborn was in the costume and running the Dark Avengers.

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Iron Patriot moment was when Tony quickly took him out during his attack on Asgard. Never was a fan of Norman Osborn (except when he was Green Goblin).

jasonakaslv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope i win, My favorite Iron Patriot moment, would have to be when Norman Osborn dawns the suite and runs the Dark Avenger. It was actually my 1st Avengers issue... i ever bought its currently on my wall. loved the art work and story.

PS. if i win it will be the 1st collectible/statue i will own.

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The initial confrontation between Spider-Man and Iron Patriot was probably my favorite

Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Dark Wolverine when Daken used his third claw to stab him through the face. Sure it wasnt a great moment for him...and it didnt really happen...but in that moment I was like "holy crap!".

Ok not a great moment for Norman, but still memorable.

Impulse22701

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Iron Patriot story was the Dark Avengers arc. How he took over some of Tony's armors and decide to combine one with an American theme so his team would have an amalgam of Cap and Iron Man, then setting up this team so it would be accepted by the public by having its own versions of classic Avengers like Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye, with new comes like Spider-Man and Wolverine. It was very much like a Luthor-move, manipulating public opinion to have the public accept HIS Avengers. It truly showed the cunning and sadistic nature of Norman Osborn, a villain who, until then, may have been a huge Spider-Man villain, but never left much of an impact on the larger Marvel universe. It was truly a great arc.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Light up Iron Patriot will help set the mood for all the sexy comic reading I do alone in my room

well... that's a nice first post on the vine

Blankspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Best iron patriot moment two words "crazy sauce"

Elwoodtoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know much about iron patriot, I just liked seeing him get his butt kicked in siege. That was cool. I remember thinking "finally!!"

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Iron Patriot moment would have to be his fight with Steve Rogers during his invasion of Asgard. In the middle of the fight, Tony Stark turns off the armor and causes it to fall apart from a great distance away, revealing his Green Goblin-esque face.

davidnappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gimmie gimmie gimmie.....I want!!!!!!!

Mild_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Mild_Karl

I made $00000.0001/hr by doing literally nothing while on Comic Vine, reading this article and thinking about how awesome the reveal of Iron Patriot in Iron Man 3 was, though as soon as that suit went rouge, I kinda marked out a bit. Go to http://www.comic.thevine.com/mildkarl for more details.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comicvine why must you tease me with this, fore I do not live in America :'(

Burnstar1230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

That armor is so...so....AMERICAAA!

Might just put it next to my Norman Osborn Green Goblin statue for the funzies!

ddhubbart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The awesome moment for me was my son seeing the Stars and Stripes of the Iron Patriot for the first time in the movie

Avatar image for wandering_payne
Wandering_Payne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Even though they got their tin cans kicked I enjoyed the fight against the Hulk.

Lou2cool88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Lou2cool88

My favorite moment was when Norman's Iron Patriot's helmet came off and revealed his green goblin face paint! Once the Goblin always the goblin!

zrhodahero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite iron patriot moment was its first appearance. It was this awesome mix of Cap and Iron Man.

thanks,

Z

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

i love the story from "the List" where Peter Parker outs him through the internet and such, its so awesome

gimme dat iron patriot!

Avatar image for cincyducksfan35
cincyducksfan35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My favorite Iron Patriot moment is when we see Captain Americas shield about to clang him in the face during Siege! Very memorable panels

bladewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure this counts...but my favorite Iron Patriot moment was hearing he is getting a new series written by Ales Kot (who is one of my favorite writers)! I know THAT series is going to have some amazing scenes!