This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by daBeast123 (3 posts) 5 months, 24 days ago

Poll: Who would win in a tug-of-war? A weakened Superman vs everyone on Earth. (12 votes)

Superman (weakened by Kryptonite and the fact that he hasn't seen the yellow sun for 3 months) STOMPS 17%
The 7 billion people of Earth STOMP 67%
After a tough competition, Superman (weakened by Kryptonite and the fact that he hasn't seen the yellow sun for 3 months) wins. 8%
After a tough competition, the people of earth win. 8%
#1 Posted by xZone (7656 posts) - - Show Bio

7 billion people should Stomp? Maybe I'm incorrect here, but it seems a little much to say that Superman (while weakened from kryptonite) is 7 billion times stronger than the average person

#2 Edited by Amcu (14797 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming the average person can lift 200 lbs that would be 760 million tons.

#3 Edited by ImMadNice (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a grade school teacher. We have field day every year where all the classes go outside and play fun games. My 2nd grade class had 16 girls and 8 boys. So I (250 lbs - pretty darn strong) joined the boys squad. We got stomped. I face planted. Moral of the story - Supes gets stomped

Edit - 7 billion people - average weight of 140 lbs let's say = over 1 trillion lbs. not including the force of everyone pulling. Just the weight of every human combined is over 1 trillion. Not familiar enough with Supes to say he can or can't - I say neigh

#4 Edited by LDM (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

How weakened from Krytonite is he ? Like so weakened that he has problem just walking and then you further strip him from his power source for 3 freaking months ? Or being constantly exposed to Krytonite while at the same time separated from his power source for 3 months ? If he is that weakened then I am sure he will probably be on his death bed, will have trouble just breathing and as powerless as a normal human is, even worse maybe. I or most healthy people would crumblstomp him in that case

#5 Posted by LDM (5354 posts) - - Show Bio

@immadnice: Supes can bench press the Earth in his prime, and the Earth weighs around 6 sextillion metric tons IIRC

#6 Posted by ImMadNice (1053 posts) - - Show Bio

@ldm: well then...at a weakened state we can take him though!

#7 Edited by ad-arts (1834 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu said:

Assuming the average person can lift 200 lbs that would be 760 million tons.

What has lifting to do with anything... Not here, not in this case, nothing.

You pull in a tug of war, not lift. Different muscles and you add your own mass to it. But... since it's CV... lifting was excpected to be mentioned i guess... even if it makes literally zero sense.

#8 Posted by Lan_Fan (11677 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman.

#9 Posted by seastone98 (4383 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on how weak supes is from da kryptonite if its only a small amount den he still curbs wit 1 arm if its a large amount den we can rip his arms off

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#10 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

I could see people doing it.

Avatar image for stalin-is-steel
#11 Posted by Stalin-Is-Steel (3586 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, Superman could do it if he's post crisis.