Contest: Win a Mimoco Star Wars Series 8 USB Flash Drive

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Free stuff! We've been doing a lot of contests lately and our postal bills have been adding up. But because we love you, we want to keep giving away what we can. Our last contest with Mimoco was successful and they've decided to send us some of the new Star Wars Series 8 flash drives so we can give those away as well. (To the winners of the last contest, the flash drives are making their way to us as I type, they'll soon be on their way to you).

No Caption Provided

How do you win?

It's Career Day in the Star Wars Universe. All you have to do is choose from Leia, Luke, Jabba, Admiral Ackbar and a Stormtrooper and describe why you would want to sit and listen to a lecture from them about following a career in their footsteps. Would you want to be charge of an attack fleet? Do you see yourself as a Jedi Knight? Do you fancy the idea of being a princess who sometimes wear metal bikinis? Give a brief description on what you think you could learn from them based on their careers.

Four people will be chosen at random. The one you get will be a surprise once the package safely arrives at your doorstep. Basically, I want to keep you in suspense even after you've won. The flash drive will be in the 8GB size.

• Four winners will be chosen at random.
  • One entry per person.
  • And our lawyers insist the contest is open only to those in the United States. (Yes it's a bummer but our hands are tied by all the legal red tape).
  • The contest will begin immediately and end Thursday, July 5, 2012 at midnight PT.

Here's the official lingo from our lawyers.

Eligibility: Comic Vine Giveaways (the "Giveaways") are open only to individuals who are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) and are 18 years of age or older. Employees of CBS Interactive, its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of a Giveaway, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with Giveaway (collectively "Giveaway Entities") and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.

Sponsor: The Giveaways are sponsored by Comic Vine, 235 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA ("Sponsor").

Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in a Giveaway constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.

Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Giveaway Entities may have developed or may in the future develop ideas that may be similar to entrant's submission, that any such similarity shall be coincidental, and that entrant shall have no rights whatsoever in or to, and the Giveaway Entities shall have no obligation to entrant for the Giveaway Entities' use of, any such ideas.

Entry Period: The start and end times/dates (the "Entry Period") are located on the applicable Giveaway page.

Giveaway Entry/Submission: Follow the directions on the applicable Giveaway page in order to submit an entry. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person.

Winner Selection: Winner(s) will be selected via random drawing. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received. Potential winner(s) will be contacted via private message and will be asked to provide their first and last names, age and mailing address. If a potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification p.m., the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.

Requirements of the Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential winner(s) may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release") within seven (7) days of being notified. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant may be selected in his/her place.

Prize(s): The prize(s) are located on the applicable Giveaway page. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner is responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize.

General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Giveaway is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Giveaway to address the impairment and then resume the Giveaway in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.

Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Giveaway, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Giveaway Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Giveaway; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Giveaway or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Giveaway Entities' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Giveaway, and in no event shall the Giveaway Entities be liable for attorney's fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.

Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Giveaway or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsors in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.

Publicity: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Winner's consent to Sponsor's use of Winner's name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and state of residence for promotional, publicity or advertising purposes worldwide in any media and on the World Wide Web, in perpetuity, without further payment, consideration, review or consent (where allowable).

There's so much you can do with these!

Nightwing_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nightwing_22

I'd love to listen to Luke lecture me. It could be on how to use the force, how to do what's right, or any other topic he wants to bring up. He's the Jedi Grand Master, and his opinions may not always be the right call, but they should be listened to and thought about heavily. I think the biggest thing to take away from the lecture would on how to be humble, because there are times where even the best of us need a reminder where we came from and who stands behind us

monopolyloser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By monopolyloser

I would love to hear a lecture form Admiral Ackbar. His keen insight and skill into seeing a trap once it's too late, is a career skill that I think will come in handy in any occupation of my choosing!

pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#3  Edited By pspin

I'd love to listen to a stormtrooper. I want to know what makes the job so awesome that thousands of people do it even though it has the highest fatality rate in the galaxy. Seriously, if they can get that many people to be stromtroopers, the must have one heck of a sales pitch and I just have to know. I imagine lots of pictures of adventures on cool planets and seeing the emperor and stuff, these of course taken seconds before they were killed in ways both comical and not so comical. Plus they have that hilarious scream. That is a plus.

brucewayne00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By brucewayne00

i pick Luke 

panzerjedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By panzerjedi

Admiral Ackbar. I'd love to hear his insight on what is or isn't a trap.

sentryman555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sentryman555

I would listen to the Stormtrooper. Being a stormtrooper seems like a very deadly job so I want to hear the benefits you get from becoming one. It would be cool if he lectured me on how to use the blaster and all the career choices. Like being able to drive a Walker. That would be awesome. And then he'd share a hilarious story about the time he was with Darth Vader and he saw him trip on his cape. Then we would laugh and a bond would be formed. Eventually I'd be placed in his squadron and then suffer a traumatic experience by seeing a jedi cut him in half and all he said to him was "Halt. Who goes there?" This would cause me to develop a drinking problem and while working in the death star in a drunken haze I'd fall down the reactor core.

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By ExtraLarge

I would like to hear Jabba. Just because I like to hear him talk.

AngeTheDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AngeTheDude

Definitely Jabba because I imagine he would give lessons on how to throw wild parties, where to get the best deal on a sail barge, and how to avoid debt!

ExtraLarge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ExtraLarge

Grrr.... I was gonna write something especially meaningful for my 200th post, but you had to go and trick me with your cool swag!

warmonger163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By warmonger163

I would choose Stormtrooper and ask what it took for them to get in the business. It takes a lot of guts to be one that is everyone and seek individualism, attempt to gain higher ranking, and find their own meaning to their work.

Holuntron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Holuntron

I would definitely choose Admiral Ackbar. Follow in his footsteps and I would never lose at anything again! How often I wish I had realized the Death Star I had been assaulting was actually a trap! I mean a guy can only take it so many times before

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By gravitypress

I would choose Luke and ask how to use the force. I want to dominate peoples minds and move things with mine.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

The Stormtrooper...he would teach me how to perfectly deceive those who are counting on me. Also, how to scream really cool like when I get shot.

evanblasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By evanblasor

Ackbar seems like he would be really wise, so I'd probably want to listen to him talk. Plus he looks weird.

Smallville123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Smallville123

Luke. So you want to be a construction worker. Here are is a safety video you need to watch before you can come aboard.

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16  Edited By Agony

I would fancy Jaba. Why? Because while the princess may be in the bikini, who do you think put her in it and also added chains to the mix :) I mean comeon the dude is a party animal and coming from down south I always have liked frog legs.He is the fat guy who runs the club and what he says goes. I think I could learn how to run a great party and also the art of using people for wall decor. Sounds good to me!

D_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By D_Knight

i pick Admiral Ackbar but ppl would be afraid to pick him because...ITS A TRAP!

insanepayne7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By insanepayne7

I choose Luke Skywalker because I feel if we sat down and had a conversation, he would discover that I have the potential to be a Jedi and train me. It would also be interesting to hear about how he feels about his parent issues as well. It would be cool to talk to someone with a mechanical arm as well and understand how he has adjusted to all of the crazy events in his life.

Hostile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#19  Edited By Hostile

I would love to learn how to be a pimp from Jabba... and hope he doesn't kill me.

Avatar image for piratehistorian
piratehistorian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By piratehistorian

I think Admiral Ackbar would be the best lecturer. Who doesn't want to learn all about traps?

cjc1303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By cjc1303

I would love to hear Luke because who wouldn't want to be a Jedi. But I think Luke's lecture is something we would know already. The lecture I would love to hear is the Stormtrooper. What do you think that he would say. I mean how do you tell people that many of your friends die with nothing to show. Is he going to stress camaraderie with your fellow stormtroopers as the best chance for survival or does he feel that its every man for themselves. What do they think is the best way to attack a Jedi? Where do the retired stormtroopers go or do they even live long enough to retire. There is just so many areas for them to go off that we don't know.

BoyWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BoyWander

Storm Trooper would be cool to learn from. He's got experience on the field fighting the rebels and I'd love to hear all his stories he has to tell.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#23  Edited By kennybaese

I'd sit and listen to Ackbar, but just because his gravely voice is dreamy.

I guess a lecture from Leia on the dangers of incest wouldn't be bad either.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

The stormtrooper lecture all the way! I truly, TRULY wanna learn how in God's name they have all that weaponry and STILL managed to hardly hit anything or anyone in light of all the shooting they did. I really would like to know their reasoning for how their advanced warrior kind STILL managed to be defeated by a bunch of Care Bears in the midst of the North California woodlands. And I would absolutely love to know how in the scope of only decades between the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War they managed to change their accents from sounding like New Zealanders to Americans. These are the questions that I must know! I will gladly learn all I can from a Stormtrooper, for as a famous person once said...those who fail to learn from history are condemned to repeat it!

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By nappystr8

Admiral Ackbar's lecture would for sure be the best. Every one of the other contestants was born into their role or station, Ackbar's a self-made man who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps. Not that princesses, slavers, and prodigal sons wouldn't have any important insights but Ackbar would just have more knowledge for me to learn from.

watnow5432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By watnow5432

for me the choice is obvious, I'm going with storm trooper. at times i feel like I m too unique, too much an individual, so a career stormtrooping calls out to me. things i would have to find out would be stuff like: do you have to wear your armor at all times, is the some sort of free time or off duty uniform, the Bathroom breaks situation, do you have to provide your own armor wax, and how to do the standard death cry and if robot limbs are covered by some sort of health plan.

DarkMatter23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27  Edited By DarkMatter23

The lost Jabba lectures would defiantly be worth a listen to. I heard that his lectures consist of emotional outburst of how hard it was growing up obese on Nal Hutta and how his addiction to chocolate ladybabies caused him to join the criminal lifestyle to support his habit.

ThomasElliot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThomasElliot

I do believe Ackbar's intuitiveness about traps would come in handy in life.

"General, what about those sale items on the end caps at Walmart?"

"Its a trap!"

"Interesting. And when my wife asks if she looks fat in those jeans?"

"Its a trap!"

"Ok, but what about when someone I'm barely acquainted with, but I'm the only person they know with a pick-up truck, calls out of the blue and says, 'Hey... I wanted to ask you a favor...' "

"Its a trap!"

DDangelico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By DDangelico

I'd pick Ackbar simply to hear him talk about how much he hates sushi.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SuperShafe

I choose Luke as a lecturer because he has gone through so much he would have alot of advice to give people and would be an inspiration to listen to..

Phatale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Phatale

Akbar! Being in charge of a fleet would be awesome!

simonchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By simonchan

Jabba the hut. cosmetics withstanding, its good to be a club owner , badass underground pimp from an galaxy far far away...

Avatar image for carnivalofsins00
carnivalofsins00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 155

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By carnivalofsins00

Stormtrooper. I would like to know how it's possible to be a clone of the greatest bounty hunter and never be able to hit anyone with a shot fired.

highbulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By highbulp

I'd love to hear from Leia about her career. Anecdotes from the internal politics when dealing with the collapsing Senate would be fascinating, as well as instruction on handling logistics for the Rebellion. Seems likely to be relevant and engaging to the world today.

birdspawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By birdspawn

Admiral Ackbar because he could tell me how to avoid traps.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By wmwadeii

I'd sit and listen to a long lecture by a Storm Trooper if it meant I got to drive around on a speeder.

canvasassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By canvasassassin

I would love to learn to be a pilot from Admiral Ackbar.

Krhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Krhunt

I would choose the Stormtrooper, if for nothing else than to be taught how to walk full force into low hanging archways.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#39  Edited By Trodorne

@D_Knight said:

i pick Admiral Ackbar but ppl would be afraid to pick him because...ITS A TRAP!

myztero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By myztero

Stormtrooper. That way i could claim I was only following orders.

jschambe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By jschambe

ITS A TRAP!!!...errr...I mean Admiral Ackbar.

nftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By nftw

Stormtrooper i am really hoping the would have an interactive Q & A at the end of the lecture so i could find out what the point is to wearing armor that instantly kills you. Plus it is a way high chance of class being cancelled.

Webjaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43  Edited By Webjaker
No Caption Provided

I would take Admiral Akbar's class on how to identify possible Traps. No matter what job I took in the Star Wars universe, this information could prove highly useful and no one identifies traps quite like Admiral Rohan Takanaki-Jones Akbar Jr.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By rawrnosaurous

I want to sit down and listen to a storm trooper, its frighteningly easy to forget that behind that super awesome armor is an actual person.

or a clone of an actual person. or a robot clone.

There are patriots in the storm trooper ranks and I want to know how they feel doing their job. Do they have second thoughts? Do they always believe they are doing what is right? If they were placed in a situation where they didn't think they were doing something they should be doing would they stop? Would they defect.

I've been reading Karen Traviss books lately.

cutsloat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By cutsloat

Easily Jabba. I fully intend on gaining 300 pounds, chaining up hot gals, and freezing former contract employees in carbonite and hanging them on the wall. I am sure he would be able to help me with these goals.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#46  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

And the random winners are:

DDangelico
cjc1303
monopolyloser
Trauma

You will each receive one random flash drive. I will mail them out along with a few comics and Comic Vine stickers as soon as I get them from Mimoco.