This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rellisnovak (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I just realized there's a contest forum here, so I'm reposting this from the general discussion forum:

Hi everyone,

I normally don't venture onto comics forums because they're fun and tend to suck up all my time, but in this case, I'm stuck. I am writing a comic book series, which I will draw as well, and although the writing is going excellently, I have yet to name the team and/or the series. I could use some real help here.

First, a couple things about the project. It is an odd mixture of action/sci-fi/fantasy. Sounds strange, right? It takes place on Earth, in a contemporary setting. The team is a sort of "Blackwater" (remember them from Iraq?) who has a contract with the government to deal with extraordinary terrorist threats. In other words, they are a very tech-heavy mercenary team, made of the best and brightest in their respective fields. Each member was hired because of the specific skills they possessed, not because of Affirmative Action or because anyone owed a favor to anyone else. They clash with the government quite a bit because they don't want to turn over the tech they develop, while the government thinks it would benefit the "greater good" to do so (basically, the government wants their cool weapons).

There is a terrorist who is the complete opposite of the team, wreaking havoc on an enormous scale across the world. He's the "fantasy" aspect of the story. He's - stay with me here! - an elderly Nazi-created Swiss genius goat-man who can teleport. Yes, read that again. What you're picturing in your head is probably correct. He has:

- created an army of homeless men and women who act as his enforcement unit;

- created a new drug called Silence to keep the people from uprising;

- and has taken over the cartels to produce and distribute the drug;

- and has no problem decapitating anyone who gets in his way.

So here we are. The good team needs a name, the comic book needs a name, and they can either be the same or be different.

I was thinking about holding an informal contest to see who can create the best name or names. I plan on publishing this book electronically and in hardcopy when I get it complete. Let's say the top five (if there are that many) will get e-versions sent via email when I get them done, and the top contributor will get a signed printed copy, assuming I ever make it that far, and will have their name mentioned in print as the person who named the team and/or book.

Any questions? Let me know.

Thanks!

R. Ellis Novak

#2 Posted by MyNameIsWill (796 posts) - - Show Bio

"Gearheavy"

Literally the first thing that popped into my mind.

#3 Posted by mazzasgotjazz (2 posts) - - Show Bio

The RiverSong crew

The Eureka Moment

The Survivors

The Infinite ones

The Other Ones

Zombies, Nazis, and the federal government

Avatar image for the_knight_rhoden
#4 Posted by The_Knight_Rhoden (703 posts) - - Show Bio

Autolancers

The Final Mercenaries

Techhoarders (my worst)

P.S: Autolancers is because lances were the most feared weapon in medieval times due to their long reach and effective use on horseback plus deadly speed and damage. If that was automated then imagine the carnage!

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
#5 Posted by deactivated-5a162dd41dd64 (8662 posts) - - Show Bio

You should really do the naming yourself.

#6 Posted by SoundnFury (48 posts) - - Show Bio

The Superiour Foes of Spider-Man

#7 Posted by Jacthripper (13789 posts) - - Show Bio

War and Silence

#10 Posted by MasterKungFu (20774 posts) - - Show Bio

The recruitment

#11 Posted by magnablue (10495 posts) - - Show Bio

The one who finds

#12 Posted by magnablue (10495 posts) - - Show Bio

dreamweaver

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
#13 Posted by FuzzyLittleRodent (2087 posts) - - Show Bio

OJ didn't do it

#14 Posted by necro_desy (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion of S.S.

Avatar image for theorangelantern52
#15 Posted by Theorangelantern52 (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Silencers

Fighting The Goats

Avatar image for jaimeve69970962
#16 Posted by jaimeve69970962 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

team name/project t.t.(project terrorist threats);book title:Greater Good// H.T.M.T.(heavy tec mercenary team)//book title;Deal

#17 Posted by guardian240 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

@rellisnovak: The S.F.O.L.R

(The superior fighters of last resort)

#18 Posted by rainabow (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Crystlenacht or some funny spelling of it hehe