Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Tony_Shark

@hunter5024 said:

I'm really digging this series so far because of the writing, but seeing the art is just disappointing every single time. If he goes to space, then that might limit the number of humans he interacts with, and that can only be a plus in the art category. Maybe he will find a race of clones who have developed odd facial habits, Greg Land can do that, write to the artist's strengths Kieron!

Ugh, I hate Land.

This series would be so much better off without him.

Cavemold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 87

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Cavemold

i i like the iron ranger haha

thebearking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By thebearking

@Dernman said:

@Jonny_Anonymous said:
@Dernman said:
@Jonny_Anonymous said:

It still annoys me that Iron Man is going to be on the Guardians of the Galaxy

Me also. Not that that I mind him being in space. It's just him being on the team that bothers me. It will be worse if he leads it.
It's even worse that the GotG are going to be an Earth based team now because Bendis thinks "space is unrelatable" that's like totally against what the Guardians stand for.
I totally agree. They were not about one corner of the universe it was the larger universe. It's dumb to say it wasn't relatable because you still basically deal with the same things. Love, betrayal, fighting the bad guy, wars, death. Nothing that was done in the past was so far out you couldn't relate to it in some way. What they are doing is taking an aspect away from the book which is how the universe is so much bigger and how it doesn't revolve around Earth. Earth is just a small speck in the universe.

There used to be a time when I would only buy the cosmic lines, Inhumans, Nova, GotG because they had almost nothing to do with the over exposed Earth characters. In fact I remember when the Annihilation Wave was coming they decided they wouldn't even look to Earth for assistance because of Civil War and they couldn't be bothered with their bickering. And now they're based on Earth? I'm going to buy it regardless but if it doesn't live up to the caliber of the old series I will drop it.

Lord_Sidious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Lord_Sidious

I don't like the new faceplate on the armor. Looks very.... not Stark-y.

hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By hunter5024

@Tony_Shark said:

@hunter5024 said:

I'm really digging this series so far because of the writing, but seeing the art is just disappointing every single time. If he goes to space, then that might limit the number of humans he interacts with, and that can only be a plus in the art category. Maybe he will find a race of clones who have developed odd facial habits, Greg Land can do that, write to the artist's strengths Kieron!

Ugh, I hate Land.

I really don't want to be dismissive of someone's work, and I feel bad saying it, but you're just so right. I seriously do not understand how he gets paid for this.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

I'm a big fan of Gillen but I have to admit this series has been sub-par. Thinking of dropping it once this current arc is over but I'm curious about where this space story is going to go.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#57  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Teerack said:

I think this will be cool, but i'm worried to see how earth will handle a world with no Tony Stark.

Hickman, is that you?
ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By ILLO_29

I'm having a hard time trudging through Land's art. Maybe he traces maybe he doesn't either way it's stiff and hollow, everyone feels like a mannequin. As far as the plots, there ok I thought the new camelot issue and Issue 4 were interesting but I barely remember the other two issues. In fact my dog got ahold of my issue 3 and tore it up, and I was like "hmm, I guess he doesn't like Land's artwork either".

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By iaconpoint

@sentryman555 said:

@iaconpoint said:

@sentryman555 said:

@Icon said:

That helmet is fugly.

I think the helmet makes him look like a transformer. So I agree with you.

I'm interested in the direction they're taking him in though.

It doesn't look anything like a Transformer.

When I was younger their was a cartoon series where when Optimus Prime wasn't fighting his front mouth protector piece wouldn't be on his face and his face kind of looked like Iron-man's face here. But its just my opinion.

Ahhh, I see. Now that you mention it he does kinda look like Unicron Trilogy Prime or even Optimal Optimus Primal. Good call!

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Tony_Shark

@hunter5024 said:

@Tony_Shark said:

@hunter5024 said:

Ugh, I hate Land.

I really don't want to be dismissive of someone's work, and I feel bad saying it, but you're just so right. I seriously do not understand how he gets paid for this.

Exactly. His art is mediocre at best. It's not like Marvel is not entitled to bad decisions, but this is still one of their most popular characters. Larroca's art was very fitting to this series, and there are plenty of other artists who could do an equally great job.

Instead we get this. A guy who recycles and traces like crazy. Not to mention his women look horribly fake, and his pacing between panels can be very confusing at times.

I'm sorry. I have been very disappointed by Land.

neiliusprime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By neiliusprime

so this will crossover with Guardians of the Galaxy?

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#62  Edited By fACEmelter88

Does he still have the suit inside him? Did he really have his extremis stuff removed in the last volume?

Avatar image for snootchie_bootchies
snootchie_bootchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How would this even work? Are we saying that the Phoenix Force possesses Tony? How would that interact with his suit? Argh!

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#64  Edited By blueninjapanther

Don't care about the story but the new armor looks really cool. Don't no why people keep hating on it.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#65  Edited By Teerack

@FadeToBlackBolt: I'm busted.

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#66  Edited By LordRequiem

I'm fine with the idea of Iron Man in space. Should his suit get damaged he'd be in real trouble though so it doesn't seem very sensible. The only thing I'm not a fan of at this point is the strange helmet, but at least it's stopped looking like the one from the movies, finally!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

I wonder what Greg Land will do to these alien women in order to differentiate them with human women?

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

I bet you it is the Kree. The Kree are always accusing people of doing something.

PurpleCandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69  Edited By PurpleCandy

Stark Trek

Skunkstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Skunkstein

Glad this wasnt one of the comic books i started reading in the relaunch, this dont interest me at all.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

#71  Edited By amazing_webhead

Sweet. New space armor.