• 128 results
leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By leokearon

Hopefully it isn't to do with Simon, since we know that is coming.

jubilee042

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By jubilee042

i didn't need to be psychic to see this coming

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@InnerVenom123
-It's a Marvel book? Must be an event. (Even thought it doesn't say anything leading to that) 
-If Bendis writes it then it's going to suck. (Even though most that say that don't even bother to read) 
-You rang the bell master? OK I'll drool. 

Just predictable.
Major_USA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Major_USA

wow i hope they do this event well

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By ReVamp

Kinda BS that we already have another event AND that the Avengers are targeted ALREADY.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Ugh, I just hope this isn't going to bugger Secret Avengers up like the last event.

millersoak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By millersoak
@Crowingaboutcomics
I know what you are saying. I was thinking the other day, that if these many major catastrophes happened in one city--or even a fraction of them--I don't know that anyone would want to go on living there. I know I would never come close to the city. It would be like having something like 9/11 happen every month of so. It stretrches the limits of imaginary reality even for comics. Sure it makes for a fun story (sometimes), but come on...and why does every major global catastrophe take place or is focused in NYC? Great city and I know Marvel is headquartered there, but wouldn't a major superhero team be based in DC or Atlanta or Chicago or Dallas? Sure there was the West Coast Avengers, but that's it. I'm not trying to be critical, but it's a "weak point" in the Marvel Universe mythology that I think bears examination.
bookerman20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By bookerman20

Marvel your making me lean over to DC.  You brought back Thor and now taking him away, Spider-Man don't have his Spider-Sense, too many Hulks, and Battle Scars haven't even started yet.  I guess I'll be only playing attention to the X-Men books (I'm lying..Spider Island is pretty crazy)....

Whisper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Whisper_
@RainEffect said:
You've got to be kidding. Another event? I've got a lot of patience for Marvel and even I'm getting sick of this.  Instead of giving us useless events, why not give us more series' that focus on ignored characters like Iron Fist and Echo?
QFT
doordoor123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By doordoor123

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA 
-this is why I don't buy Marvel anymore-

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#61  Edited By shawn87

I like the idea that it's only about the Avengers

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Mutant God
thveej

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By thveej

I give up, I can't follow marvel anymore.... Too many books. At least with DC relaunch you know what your getting, and not every book is tied with an event. Right now I have no clue what the Marvel books are about, some of them are tie ins, while some are not. If you make an event everything should follow it. As some one else said the X-men book are not even following schism and I don't get what the 4 preview books for schism were about. I think fear itself has run too long, and its way over the top. Like someone else said so many normal people die in these events, I would hate to live in MU, how many times has NYC been destroyed already? I'll keep reading X-force and spider man... but im not digging all these tie-ins for Spider Island either.... like WTF isn't fear itself happening at the same time aghhhh so confused.

LOL I can't believe DC 52 is easier to follow than Marvel right now... so wack.

Abriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Abriel

That does it.  I've been reading Secret Avengers because  Bendis hasn't got his grubby hands on it but thanks to this news I am dropping the Avengers completely.  And if Thunderbolts ends up getting dragged into this I might drop it too, which would suck since Parker's Tbolts is one of the few Marvel books worth buying IMO.  But I am sick of these events.  I think this said it best:

@The Mighty Monarch
said:
Marvel..... what the hell guys? Really. CALM THE HELL DOWN. When events happen 15 f-ing times a year they lose their significance.  

Motto.  Majorly motto. 

Remember when these events really did offer earth-shattering, status-quo-changing, shocking moments in comics that fans remembered forever and that bloggers still write about?  Remember when Dark Phoenix killed herself, when Wolverine died during Days of Future Past, when all the Marvel heroes were forced to fight in Secret Wars, when Captain America lift Thor's hammer, when the Executioner died defending Asgard, or when Rogue stole Ms. Marvel's powers?  Remember when this stuff actually meant something? 

Know why?  Because those moments actually stood out and weren't preceded and then immediately followed by more big comic events billed as stories that would OMG CHANGE EVERYTHING and thus leave us all jaded and going "ho hum" while just stuffing the book fill our longboxes.  I mean seen in that light, even the death of Ares wasn't that big a deal as gory as it was.

Marvel needs to get a clue and look to the past.  They need to stop with these huge events and go back to giving us entertaining stories and focusing on character development, rather than trying to throw these huge events at us in an effort to boost sales.  It's really tiresome and if anything it's driving readers away.  They already managed to chase me away from X-Men...now the Avengers are pretty much awash for me thanks to this stuff.  At this rate I'll be a DC-only girl for sure.

Powerzone789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Powerzone789

i miss the old days where there weren't so many events and there were just standalone stories...why can't we have those?

Darthtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Darthtravis

I think this teaser is hinting at a battle between either the Blue or Gold X-Men Team and the Avengers.  I could even see one team siding with the Avengers and one team battling them.  Perhaps either the Blue or Gold team goes rogue (so to speak) and the Avengers have to take them down?  Marvel seems to be going out of its way to show Magneto as a bad guy again (i.e. the "Magneto is not a Hero" comic) and with so many divided loyalties between team members, perhaps the Avengers don't trust the other X-Men to stop the Magneto's mutant threat.   Since Wolverine has a long history as a member of one Avengers team or another, and since Magneto is on the opposing Blue team, I have a feeling it will be the Yellow team and Avengers v. the Blue X-Men team.  

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#67  Edited By CrimsonTempest
@Cafeterialoca: Thank you for explaining, and reinforcing my belief that he's an overrated excuse of a writer. The only good thing that came out of his writing was Ultimate Spider-Man and The Murdock Papers.
Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#68  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Marvel needs to stop with all the events, They're making my Marvel Encyclopedia out of date in record time!
JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By JonesDeini
@FadeToBlackBolt said:
If Bendis is writing it, Hawkeye will go nuts for some reason and try to kill the Avengers.    And yay, another event -___-
Seriously Marvel...go suck a fat one and choke on what comes out...
Abriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Abriel
@Cafeterialoca said:
@CrimsonTempest: Bendis didn't care about Brother Voodoo.  That's why he died. Luke Cage, Jessica Jones and Spider-Woman are Bendis' pets.  He has tweets describing why Spider-Woman is so great and Wonder Woman is a walking STD.  He puts Spider-Woman in the focus all the time because he has a thing for her.  Notice how man times Bendis mentions her hair?   You don't get the Bendis Game.  He kills characters he doesn't care for.  Alpha Flight, Wasp, Swordsman.  Hell, he wrote Wasp as a brain dead airhead!Nor-Var and Mockingbird are the expendable ones.  Spider-Woman is EXTREMELY safe because he has a boner for her.

*claps* 

Thank you for summing up the reason I boycott the man's books.  I don't know why he is so revered.  The man is a hack.  Almost every woman he writes is a nymphomaniac airhead (with the exception of Spider-Woman and Jessica Jones, since as you said they are his babies), he's the reason Ms. Marvel who was created to be Marvel's version of Wonder Woman now is nothing more than wall decoration who had her book canceled, and he's at the forefront of all these huge events that we're all so sick of seeing.  The man is just not a good writer.  He's overrated and I wish they would get rid of him. 

And now, no doubt thanks to him, I am dropping the Avengers completely.  As I said above I just hope the Thunderbolts don't get sucked into this like they have for the past several of these huge events.  I'd hate to have to drop that one too.
Roldan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By Roldan
@KainScion said:
not another event!! this, cable reborn, the one with the hulks, the one with thanarus. too many events. fear itself isnt even over yet and spider-island just got started!!
Let's not forget Schism.
Comik Book Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Comik Book Guy

ya, i don't care anymore. the only thing i look forward to with Marvel is just the cosmic stuff. i'm so sick of events.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#73  Edited By Teerack

So this is their 6th or 7th upcoming event? o.o

Ulyverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Ulyverse
@Darthtravis said:
I think this teaser is hinting at a battle between either the Blue or Gold X-Men Team and the Avengers.  I could even see one team siding with the Avengers and one team battling them.  Perhaps either the Blue or Gold team goes rogue (so to speak) and the Avengers have to take them down?  Marvel seems to be going out of its way to show Magneto as a bad guy again (i.e. the "Magneto is not a Hero" comic) and with so many divided loyalties between team members, perhaps the Avengers don't trust the other X-Men to stop the Magneto's mutant threat.   Since Wolverine has a long history as a member of one Avengers team or another, and since Magneto is on the opposing Blue team, I have a feeling it will be the Yellow team and Avengers v. the Blue X-Men team.  
So...There's a chance of this being like Civil War just with the X-Men instead? Or, the vague outline of the event, Hero Vs hero so-to-speak. That would...interesting. The same idea, but interesting. I for one haven't read Marvel properly since Dark Reign, I avoided Siege. So, we had Heroic Age (which, from the looks of it not much happened) then Fear Itself undid a lot of things that happened to some characters. Now this? Well, obviously they're targeting Avengers. My theory? Dark Avengers are appearing in October-November time, Osborn and his new cronies could be REALLY messing with the public again and trick everyone into thinking the Avengers have suddenly turned to the dark side! And now, they're being hunted by those around them. But we haven't seen anything but a poster, so perhaps there's a lot more to come? Fingers crossed that Marvel get an event right and characters aren't being ubered (such as someone mentioning earlier how Hawkeye has of course become Bendispowered).
TheShame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 21

#75  Edited By TheShame
@Abriel: To be fair to him Bendis' early run on new avengers was pretty good.  However, from secret invasion onwards its just been mediocre to say the least with story lines that kill off characters for no reason.  I was slightly narked by Bendis'  treatment of  b list characters like Yelena Belova, but the Wasp's death was the last %^£$ing straw. A founding avenger that has been around for roughly forty years (a creation of Stan Lee's for christ sake!) killed in an undignified manner for cheap thrills.  It is time for Bendis to admit that he's had a good run and yield the avengers titles to someone like Jason Aaron, Joe Kelly or, (hopefully), an old hand like Peter David.
fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By fitchy101
@The Mighty Monarch said:
Marvel..... what the hell guys? Really. CALM THE HELL DOWN. When events happen 15 f-ing times a year they lose their significance.
Yup, I had to stop reading such was my confusion and budget,,,
thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#77  Edited By thatlad

I've got an event. Marvel commits to a full year of just good self contained stories. Mad idea but it might just work

Bat_Mite51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Bat_Mite51

All this is is marketing because of the upcoming Avengers movie. I bet a whole lot of people, even some who don't read comics are excited for the movie. So Marvel's gonna take advantage of that and make an event out of them because they know people will buy it.

MastaKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By MastaKilla

can we say the return of the 90's?  seriously, this type of behavior is what brought Marvel to bankruptcy in '96/ '97.... you would think that they would have learned from all of that especially considering the state of the economy....

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By CATPANEXE

It's hard to say anything since as of this point nothing is revealed?

goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By goldenkey

Ultron 
TheMess1428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82  Edited By TheMess1428

Return of the Dark Avengers?

caladbolglight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#83  Edited By caladbolglight

I smell slight interest. Marvel does publish to many events, while I also think that DC publishes too few. Can't anyone find a balance??

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#84  Edited By IrishX
@Jake Fury said:
 -It's a Marvel book? Must be an event. (Even thought it doesn't say anything leading to that) -If Bendis writes it then it's going to suck. (Even though most that say that don't even bother to read) -You rang the bell master? OK I'll drool.   Just predictable.
Yep. I also think there are some posters here who really need to grow up as well.
The Mast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#85  Edited By The Mast

I got excited for Civil War because events were kept sparing. Tom Brevoort claims that their event books sell the most regardless of the complaining, and that's great as a businessman.

However, does nobody feel like Marvel need to stop thinking about what sells the most and actually pay attention to the reactions to the things being sold? I'm just so glad Daredevil is self-contained at the moment, because I dropped most of my Marvel pull-list recently.

Avatar image for deactivated-649a95712285a
deactivated-649a95712285a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh look......another event.

No Caption Provided
mettlekm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By mettlekm

do we know for sure that this is an event?  All Marvel did was post a pick and say "what does it mean?"

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

What a tease this can be.  Amazing! But yes, another event.  Needs...to....stop....

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

There are a lot of upcoming events for Marvel. I hope they are good. 

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By _Zombie_

I really see no reason to care at this point.  It's a teaser image, no details have been released.  It doesn't even give any writers, so really, we can just calm down for ten seconds and take a breather.  It's not the end of the world.  Yeah, there are too many Marvel events, and yeah they're rarely as good as they used to be.  But I for one do not plan to condemn this book to the deepest pits of hell until I get details on exactly what the book's about.
Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#91  Edited By Mrfuzzynutz

If Bendis is anywhere near this I am out! 

GothamRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#92  Edited By GothamRed

Merry Christmas Avengers!!!  Marvel got you a present, I hope you don't already have one.

Ran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Ran

another crappy event, whoopty friken doo

Avatar image for insheepsclothes
insheepsclothes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By insheepsclothes

i really dont know why ya'll get bent outta shape about these 'events'. we're all here for the love of comics. this is how the biggest comic company rolls. has been that way for a long time now. if you dont like it, spend yer money elsewhere. if ya like it, then share whatcha thinks gonna go down. or whatnot. but its almost as if ppl are shocked everytime marvel announces another 'event'. listen, im not tryin to be an ass about this, but i gotta say that the whining about every event on this site is giving me whining-about-events-fatigue. jeeeeezzzzzzzzz

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By danhimself

if this has anything to do with what started in New Avengers Annual #1 then I'm down....say what you want about Bendis but holy crap that was a good freaking issue

MatKrenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 255

#96  Edited By MatKrenz

Not gonna get it. Simple as that.
Abriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Abriel
@TheShame said:
@Abriel: To be fair to him Bendis' early run on new avengers was pretty good.  However, from secret invasion onwards its just been mediocre to say the least with story lines that kill off characters for no reason.  I was slightly narked by Bendis'  treatment of  b list characters like Yelena Belova, but the Wasp's death was the last %^£$ing straw. A founding avenger that has been around for roughly forty years (a creation of Stan Lee's for christ sake!) killed in an undignified manner for cheap thrills.  It is time for Bendis to admit that he's had a good run and yield the avengers titles to someone like Jason Aaron, Joe Kelly or, (hopefully), an old hand like Peter David.

I've been more than slightly narked at his treatment of a lot of characters.  Moonstone is a prime example.  Here we have a more or less reformed villainess who was made interesting by being constantly on the fence, was a master manipulator, brilliant psychiatrist, pretty much a genius and carried a level of class and sophistication even during Warren Ellis's run on Thunderbolts when he had her hurry through a mission to go sleep with the help.  Then Bendis gets ahold of her over in Dark Avengers and turns her into an airheaded idiot who served the sole purpose of being passed around among the male members.  Oh in interviews he claimed she was sleeping around as a way of screwing with people's minds.  Well I don't know about anyone else but I didn't see her screwing with anyone's mind..I just saw her screwing. 

Now I will give him credit for taking one of my favorites, Ares, and bringing him into the Avengers and focusing more on him as a hero.  But his overall characterization of him left much to be desired.  Under Oeming's pen Ares was a brilliant stragedist and a force to be reckoned with, a reformed villain who really was doing what he could to make up for his past.  Under Bendis he became a joke.  Constantly getting his butt kicked, showing really no godlike feats, being reduced to basically just a neanderthal who was all about charging headfirst into battle with no plan and a horndog who drooled over all the women on the team...and then having him team with Osborn simply because the man is in charge?  I just couldn't agree with that.  Still can't. 

The Sentry had some promise as a character but Bendis...don't get me started on what the man did to him, basically turning him into an irredeemable mess that Marvel had no choice but to kill off since the majority of fans grew to hate him and after all that Bendis did to him there was little any writer could do to redeem him.  Jenkins tried in that "Fallen Sun" issue but fell flat (that was the issue that had the infamous Rogue reveals how she lost her virginity scene). 

The Chovengers was pretty good too in that it gave Ms. Marvel some spotlight but I think a lot of that was Cho's influence at play.  Soon as he left and Bendis put his pet Spider-Woman on the team it was all over.
Eboria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Eboria

Enough with the events, having a big summer event sure I'm OK with that. I may not like the event but fine, I understand it. But new events every other month? No.

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#99  Edited By CellphoneGirl

As i said before Marvel need to start making their events like every two years or so. I feel that they are trying too hard to get money, and after a while many people won't really be looking forward to these events because from what i've noticed there is a bit of a pattern.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By iaconpoint

This is why I don't buy Marvel anymore.