gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided

This October, Parker Industries is going global! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2 – the next explosive issue from Dan Slott & Giuseppe Camuncoli! It takes a lot to be the head of a worldwide corporation: the globetrotting, the meetings, the foiling of terrorist plots. Things are getting personal, as The Zodiac have their sights set on Parker Industries and its illustrious C.E.O.! Peter Parker and his “bodyguard” – the Amazing Spider-Man – have tracked them to their hideout in San Francisco! Now, Spidey and Prowler are ready to take them head-on in their underwater fortress! Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man’s neighborhood just got a lot bigger. Be there when the webhead swings through San Francisco Bay this October in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2!

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #2 (AUG150712)

Written by DAN SLOTT

Art by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI

Cover by ALEX ROSS

Variant Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (AUG150714)

Kirby Monster Variant by PAOLO RIVERA (AUG150713)

FOC – 09/28/15, On-Sale 10/21/15

Camuncoli Variant
Camuncoli Variant
Kirby Monster Variant by Rivera
Kirby Monster Variant by Rivera
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Boy this book will not feel like Spider-man , will it ?

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Gotta pass on Stark Peter.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By goonage

Why is it that San Francisco is always the default west-coast city? They've pretty much become a second New York.

EDIT: The Prowler is going to be in this? Interesting.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'll have to give this series a chance at some point. Even though Peter does seem to be looking more like Tony, at least they're trying something new with the character and not keeping him trapped in the tiny little status quo box he's been in since One More Day.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Koays

@goonage: Really when you think of places where random weirdness is the norm and people still chose to work and live there, it goes New York and then San Francisco as far as the U.S. is concerned.

Gotham331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Could be cool I do like that the Prowler is in the spotlight wonder if he'll be a regular or if this is just a guest appearance hoping for the former.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

How long has Slott been on Spider-Man now?

RunawayAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

How could Prowler have gotten a worse costume?

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's been a long time since weve seen the Prowler. Im down.

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man this is so weird... But I'm so down with it.

This is not a direction I'd ever see Peter going. It feels like a continuation of Superior, just without all the torture and villainy

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Awesome! It looks like Spidey's new suit has space-faring capabilities! This looks like the best Spidey status quo ever!

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is horrible and terrible OOC. Dammit if you wanted to write Tony Stark you should have asked for that book.

Incursion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmmm I'm gonna give this a shot

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@dernman said:
@the_stegman said:

Peter Starker

Damn you beat me in making that pun.

@dernman said:

This is horrible and terrible OOC. Dammit if you wanted to write Tony Stark you should have asked for that book.

Also agreed.

Avatar image for isaac_greenwood
Isaac_Greenwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand why a lot of people are upset by this change in character because he is so similar to Tony. It's a lot to take in. However in all fairness, this is a positive change for the character because he finally is doing something new. The character has been stuck in a time machine for over 50 years. Always taking pictures, always balancing Aunt May and girlfriends and what have you. He IS a genius and has created incredible technology before. Unfortunately these aspects of Spider-Man often get washed out and rarely touched on so it's nice to see his intelligence get something. I was really excited about the Superior Spider-Man angle when he first got the company so to see it coming back is really exciting. It's a new status quo that needed to happen years ago.

space4rentt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little behind with amazing spiderman. (I need to read the spiral arc / the non-point issues) but does anyone think this is SpOck returning? Just made me think since he's more smug looking in this and he has the flashbacks with the robot butler and Anna Maria.

Also was there ever any conclusion to spock's 100 day timer he set off at the end of spider-verse? This 8-months later would be after that.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:
@dernman said:
@the_stegman said:

Peter Starker

Damn you beat me in making that pun.

@dernman said:

Also agreed.

I've been saying it for a long while now. XD

lmothander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really like this style of art for ASM. I associate ASM with stronger, cleaner lines. Oh well

xblah_blahx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I understand why a lot of people are upset by this change in character because he is so similar to Tony. It's a lot to take in. However in all fairness, this is a positive change for the character because he finally is doing something new. The character has been stuck in a time machine for over 50 years. Always taking pictures, always balancing Aunt May and girlfriends and what have you. He IS a genius and has created incredible technology before. Unfortunately these aspects of Spider-Man often get washed out and rarely touched on so it's nice to see his intelligence get something. I was really excited about the Superior Spider-Man angle when he first got the company so to see it coming back is really exciting. It's a new status quo that needed to happen years ago.

This!

@blackspidey2099: ... are you being sarcastic lol

Uhhh... no. Why?

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: It was just the way I read it in my head. I thought you were being sarcastic lol I like it too btw

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony Stark called, he wants royalty fees for the bodyguard shtick.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@isaac_greenwood said:

I understand what you are saying but wasn't part of the point of OMD/BND to bring Spider-Man back to his roots? To take away the success of being married to a supermodel living in Avengers Tower and bring him back to the broke guy who always worried about his aunt?

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really want to see what kind of tech he has in the suit.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: It was just the way I read it in my head. I thought you were being sarcastic lol I like it too btw

LOL my bad then... :P

@isaac_greenwood said:

I understand what you are saying but wasn't part of the point of OMD/BND to bring Spider-Man back to his roots? To take away the success of being married to a supermodel living in Avengers Tower and bring him back to the broke guy who always worried about his aunt?

No one liked OMD or BND. Thank god Miles is here to get stuck with that horrible, character limiting "everyman" label.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YAY Prowler!! People can hate all they want but I like this step forward for Peter, and even if he scales things back I hope they don't they to take him backwards again and make him down on his luck, has issues holding a job Peter. I want the Parker luck to there but not always about his life outside the Mask being in dire straits. Let him have other issue to deal with, like hostile takeovers of his newly formed company, etc. Peter Stark Wayne is actually a cool way of doing this.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Agreed 100%!! I hated One More Day/Brand New Day, but I came back after Big Time started, and this is pretty much the next logical step after everything Spidey has gone through in the last few years. He will still have his Aunt to worry about, but with her married, and a pretty much new status quo in Peter's life moving forward only makes sense. Besides there's Miles, and Silk to look after New York, Kain will eventually be back, and Spider-Gwen will pop again I am sure.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@dedpool said:

@mark_stephen: Agreed 100%!! I hated One More Day/Brand New Day, but I came back after Big Time started, and this is pretty much the next logical step after everything Spidey has gone through in the last few years. He will still have his Aunt to worry about, but with her married, and a pretty much new status quo in Peter's life moving forward only makes sense. Besides there's Miles, and Silk to look after New York, Kain will eventually be back, and Spider-Gwen will pop again I am sure.

So they could have stuck with the marriage and still had all of this. Turning Peter into Tony Stark or Bruce Wayne is kind of a horrible idea if that is what they are doing. I don't argue that Peter was always smarter then just being a photographer. Making him a rich CEO doesn't exactly match the character either, unless they are just junking that character or he's passing his character on to Miles like a hand-me-down sweater. Does make the reboot makes sense if they are going to have both of them now.

It's all academic to me since OMD/BND destroyed any affection I have toward the character. Still all that talk about brining Peter back to his roots with OMD/BND sounds pretty phony now.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I bet it's the same as the Superior Spider-Man suit.

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm honestly really excited to eventually read this. I'm not even mad about peter becoming a CEO of his own company because I think its a major change for the character and I personally like it.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@heatblaze123 said:

I bet it's the same as the Superior Spider-Man suit.

Oh, I hope not :(

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

Hopefully they keep peter in San Fran for a while. Seems like everyone has taken very brief breezes through there. I'm tired of NYC in my comics, and it makes sense for a tech guy like Peter to move west. Super surprised and excited to see Prowler side-kicking.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll be picking this up for the Prowler, haven't seen that guy in what feels like forever.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: no, they definitely did. But then Slotted took over and been all about moving forward from there. What's done is done, and I am still a lil upset with it, but the stuff Slotted has come up with has been very good. None of it feels forced. If you've been reading the comincs, this is just another step for him. He's been doing a lot of globe trotting and inventing and such. Parker Industries is a byproduct of The Superior plotline, and it's good to see they didn't just junk it. From here maybe he can get MJ back (doubtful since she seems like she will be Tony's new Pepper) or last gf Carly back. Point is new stories, new responsibilities, new world for Spidey!

Avatar image for captainspiderhulk
captainspiderhulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is so Awesome can not wait,,, prowler is a bonus

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aros001 said:

I'll have to give this series a chance at some point. Even though Peter does seem to be looking more like Tony, at least they're trying something new with the character and not keeping him trapped in the tiny little status quo box he's been in since One More Day.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I like Slott and all but this is something that he shouldn't have done with Peter. This is not the character he is supposed to be or even meant to be.

Siul_CR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gotta admit, looks interesting

Zelos797

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Slott....just stop while you're ahead....

Egie_Asemota1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isaac_greenwood: well said. i myself am no Parker fan because of his status quo problemalso his rabid fan base annoys me. if this change up is well handled i will give it a chance.

gkal_el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tdk_1997: Peter Parker is "dead". We saw a glimpse of the real thing in "Renew your vows".

Avatar image for ultimate_knight
Ultimate_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Spider-Ock's tech are aesthetically more appealing than what I have seen of Peter so far.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@dedpool said:

@mark_stephen: no, they definitely did. But then Slotted took over and been all about moving forward from there. What's done is done, and I am still a lil upset with it, but the stuff Slotted has come up with has been very good. None of it feels forced. If you've been reading the comincs, this is just another step for him. He's been doing a lot of globe trotting and inventing and such. Parker Industries is a byproduct of The Superior plotline, and it's good to see they didn't just junk it. From here maybe he can get MJ back (doubtful since she seems like she will be Tony's new Pepper) or last gf Carly back. Point is new stories, new responsibilities, new world for Spidey!

Well as long as someone's liking it. I don't mind the progression. When I heard that they were throwing MJ to Bendis I figured they did it so that Bendis could destroy the character and her fan base utterly (he's good at that after all) and make sure that MJ would never show up in a Spider-Man book again. Either way I'll wait a few years and skim this stuff in the dollar bins.