• 189 results
Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

GL: New Guardians is one of the few DC books I'm currently keeping up with. Figures.....

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@rustyroy: They do sell, quite well actually.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#103 owie  Moderator

Well I don't read any of those but its' too bad about Batwoman, that sounded like a good series and I always hate to see the female-starring books get cancelled.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prediction: DC will relaunch Birds of Prey with Batwoman on the team (I hope as their leader). I think Green Lantern will get spun out into a bi-monthly or weekly title to incorporate the other characters from that line.

I like your ideas. Batwoman fits perfectly with BoP and I actually think they should make all the main titles bi-weekly (Batman, JL, Superman, GL, Flash, Aquaman, WW etc.)

BumBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By BumBurger

To be honest i stopped caring about New Guardians as soon as Carol and Kyle kissed lol I've never been so pissed off at a fictional relationship. But Red Lanterns i'm sad to see go to me it just started getting good.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Firestorm, Cyborg, The Atom, Hawkman, Captain Atom, and (if they can do him correctly) Captain Marvel. Also a Gen 13 book would be nice.

I'd read them all, I'd also add Martian Manhunter, Orion and New Gods, Etrigan the Demon and a Robin series.

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

@rustyroy: Meh. Bi-weeklies are hard to buy. One of the reason I often time avoid bigger Marvel books like Captain America and Iron Man is due to the fact that to get the complete story you have to pay about $8 a month on a title.

Now with all these titles cancelled I have a feeling we'll be seeing something that is due to Convergence (a bit of a reboot I guest) or simply just new books they are coming back with. These would be my hopes.

1. Captain Marvel (Despite not liking the New 52 Captain Marvel he still does need his own book)
  2. Cyborg (Not a huge fan though he is having a movie coming along)
  3. Martian Manhunter
  4. Black Canary
  5. Zatanna
  6. The Atom
  7. Hawkman & Hawkgirl
  8. Captain Cold & the Rogues
  9. Orion
  10. Doom Patrol
  11. Stargirl
  12. Adam Strange
  13. Justice Society (With Earth 2 ending who knows...)
  14. Legion of Superheroes
  15. Booster Gold
  16. The Question
  17. Metal Men or maybe another try at Mr. Terrific?
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@noj said:

@donmeca2020: Its rumored that one of the new titles coming out after convergence will be a new Batman weekly thats a continuation of Batman Eternal so you may still get your fix there.

Yeah Snyder I think confirmed that there will be Eternal 2.0

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

What the hell dc? I don't even read any of these but that just seems crappy. Perhaps theres some smart business move behind it but I just don't see canceling 17 books being smart or good business. They definitely just lost a bunch of readers. No wonder marvel beats them every month, they barely have as many books for people to buy.

FE and WE are ending their story, Eternal and Injustice will be back soon. I think some of these titles are getting cancelled for Convergence and some for low sales.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Yeah I knew about eternal and injustice. And I've been hearing a lot about convergence lately but I honestly have no ides what it is.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By donmeca2020

@rustyroy said:

@noj said:

@donmeca2020: Its rumored that one of the new titles coming out after convergence will be a new Batman weekly thats a continuation of Batman Eternal so you may still get your fix there.

Yeah Snyder I think confirmed that there will be Eternal 2.0

then i'll probably hop on that as well.

chipj15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHAT HOW DARE YOU GET RID OF RED LANTERNS! that was one of my favorite comics to read.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad for Swamp Thing :(

It was getting good too.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arkham Manor is fun and I like that it has a short run,and hope to see more from that team!

Also have been an awesome ride with Batman Eternal and Futures End <3

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe feel bad for Arkham Manor... But maybe that was a limited story anyways. It should have been a mini series to begin with. Injustice is also getting monotonous. Year One was epic. Everything that followed feels above average at best. Especially since we all know how this story ends. None of the heroes are going to succeed in removing Superman from power. Until then its just bloodbath.

ChillinNKillin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn...I was hoping that RHATO would be getting cancelled...

Well, it still seems like it's on it's way out. I really want Jason to solo, or at least not have to share the spotlight, in a more grounded book. Also, we have Lobo...which is practically doing what RHATO has been doing; we don't need two books doing the same stuff.

Hell, if DC wants him to be on a team so bad, then maybe a change of scenery could work: Have Jason put into the Suicide Squad for awhile.

cagedleo730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

What the hell dc? I don't even read any of these but that just seems crappy. Perhaps theres some smart business move behind it but I just don't see canceling 17 books being smart or good business. They definitely just lost a bunch of readers. No wonder marvel beats them every month, they barely have as many books for people to buy.

They cancelled their lowest selling titles, besides the GL books which are probably gonna be relaunched in some fashion. Everything else is coming to a designed conclusion. If these were Marvel books they would have been cancelled long ago.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i have been pulling Batwoman and Red Lanterns for a long time and i was very satisfied with both titles.

although the greatness of RL was because of the writers tasked with the job so i am not too surprised with them closing the title for good.
as far as Batwoman goes, i enjoyed that title, yeah it wasnt the BEST thing out there but enjoyable worth the $3 on a monthly basis.

J_HickmanIsGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whoa! The green lantern titles surprise me. But i imagine people are getting sick of buying 5 books when they want to read one story. That's why i stopped reading green lantern.

i hope thats why... ive personally never read any GL titles in my time in comics and would love to get into that character.

Also i hope Marvel takes note of this move and realizes that they would probably benefit from trimming down from 5 X-Men titles to just one or two.
Like Uncanny/Amazing or Uncanny/All-New. or whatever they decide fits the story better.

NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Why so many cancellations?

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@sparty_dbq:

New Bat Family books

1. Spoiler featuring Stephanie Brown

2. Red Robin and Blue Bird

3. Birds of Prey Relaunch

4. Terry Mcginnis (Batman Beyond)

5. Brave and the Bold

6. Something Something another Bruce Wayne book

7. Batman Eternal Year 2

MegaHGFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It really sucks that Swamp Thing is ending, it is by far one of my most favorite series right now, probably in the top 3 at the very least. There is no other book like it either, I hope Swampy doesn't stay down too long and gets a new series soon.

I like Marvel and DC pretty much equally, but it is a great loss not having Soule writing for DC anymore.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crazyscarecrow I'd read everything from your list except Booster Gold. @jayc1324 I'm not sure but from what I've heard It's an event where Brainiac or Telos has collected Earths from different multiverses and is pitting them against each other.

Talus13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too bad Grayson is not ending

trebean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone surprised that all the books Soule still writes for DC are ending?

I'd be more surprised Arkham Manor is ending (Then again, I think DC should have called it a miniseries instead, I don't really see it going anywhere for more than one story)

Sucks for GI Zombie to be ending, hopefully Palmiotti can find another book to write (I'm thinking maybe the Creature Commandos or maybe a relaunch of S.H.A.D.E)

kevinn111111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOO not swamp thing

i am very disappointed right now

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@talus13: Yes, it's a shame that such an excellent series has to stay, sure does suck for us.

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only real loss for me is Swamp Thing. Snyder and Soule have been able to produce the most consistent of any of the DC books I'm reading, now that Wonder Woman looks to have fallen off.

Worlds' Finest is probably the worst book I never dropped and Infinity Man and the Forever people has been disappointing. Didn't bother with Klarion after the first issue though I did like a lot of the art. Might drop World's End tbh.

I have enjoyed Future's End though. Not reading any of the other titles.

Sporedust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Swamp thing!!!! One of my top 3 favorites next to Batman and Ninja Turtles. Soule is an excellent writer, but why the eff couldn't they just get a new team like when Snyder was done with Swamp thing? This sucks

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad that Swamp Thing is ending but hopefully the character remains in JLDark.

G_leno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, I'm losing red Lanterns, new guardians and Secret Origins and I am gutted that the lantern books are going but Sinestro is staying, reds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>yellows.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#133  Edited By dernman

I can't believe Green Lantern Corps is getting canceled. Out of all of them I thought that would be safe. Were the sales low?

MYadidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By MYadidas

Bring in Young Justice!!!

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#135  Edited By Outside_85

My feelings:

• Red Lanterns: Don't care, it's been dead to me since they put Guy Gardner in it.
  • GL:NG/GLC: Not surprised, they've been crippled beyond recovery by the endless GL events with little to no chance to stand on their own
  • Arkham Manor: Of Academy, Midnight and this, it was the one that sounded the least interesting and with the silliest premise. 'Let's move an entire lunatic asylum into the mansion of our wealthiest and well known citizens.'
  • Trinity of Sin: Not as good Phantom Stranger, no real reason for these three to actually work together, no well-known foe for them to face... the last casualty of the bloated, destructive and mostly pointless Forever Evil event.
  • Batwoman: A book that had its spine snapped by a moronic editorial edict thats been crawling along ever since. RIP
  • Swamp Thing: Soule kept it going, Soule signed on at Marvel, walking plant man has run out of water.
  • G. I. Zombie: who the hell thought this was a good idea to begin with? They've tried 3 other war/soldier-themed books in the New 52 and they all tanked.
  • Klarion: Niche Morrison character, a writer that had already proven she had lost touch with the craft, book goes bust in a hurry.
  • Infinity Man: Dan Didio, I don't need to say anything else.
  • Aquaman and the Others: Not surprised, it really was an idea that needed Johns push longer to keep it going under someone else.
  • Worlds Finest: 20 issues late as far as I am concerned.
  • Secret Origins: Pity, they should have kept this one going... and maybe not fill it with origins we already knew.
  • The Weeklies: Didn't really care about any of them because they were limited series, but their stories are wrapping up, so that's something for their fans.

Good News:

• We may get more stuff that's actually worth reading.

Bad News:

• Putting ones trust in DC to make decisions that make any sense (expect something like a Nocenti Creeper book).
  • It's a lot of books that may end up getting replaced with more weeklies that only service one specific parent book (A GL weekly to go with the monthly at the expense of the others)
  • Another BS Johns event is on the horizon.
senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AQUAMAN AND THE OTHERS - Dan Jurgens is a good writer and a GREAT artist. They cannot afford to have him writing a book that is as good as AatO but lacks the name recognition of the Aquaman proper title. If this were replaced with Aquaman and the Outlaws with Jurgens as writer, DC would have a top ten title within a year. Currently, it is cannibalizing sales from the main aquaman title (which is not as good tbh).

KLARION - Ann cannot write for $h1t. And with Gotham on the air, they needed to get her away from any properties that might be repackaged later. A throwaway character would do fine.

SECRET ORIGINS - This was always a temp cash grab.

STAR-SPANGLED WAR STORIES FEATURING G.I. ZOMBIE - This should have been a Vertigo print. DC needs something different from their self contained Vertigo titles and the mainstream DC continuity.

TRINITY OF SIN - Nothing won anyone over. No big name. no new faces. Nothing.

WORLDS’ FINEST- Levitz got to write the Trinity. And shows that he could have written a good comic the entire time he was teasing Huntress/Power Girl fans for three years.

ARKHAM MANOR - This was a temp series by default. Read Endgame.

BATWOMAN- There is an iron triangle for sucessful comic books that are not 40 years old.

1. Amazing story. Greg Rucka had it. No one else did.

2. Amazing Art. Rucka had it. Williams drew it. the last creative team did not. AT ALL.

3. Amazing concept. An out Bat character dealing with gothic horror in Gotham City worked. Williams was too focused on identity issues, and could not deal with micro management. Andraneko seems to be giving in to his Morrison wackyness, which would require a different book. As we are now looking at Demon Knights: Reloaded.

On the Green Lantern Cancellations:

This is the same thing that happened with Legends of the Dark Knight, Batman Confidential, Batgirl, and Batman and Robin. A writer knocks it out of the park with an insanely popular run or storyline and the result is a spinnoff series to bottle the spirit of the new effort. Batgirl has been around in several incarnations over the past 15 or so years, the legacy of Dixon's Batgirl: Year One.

LotDK/tDK went on for 20 years before dying a horrible death of a half decade of horrible writing, ending the pseudo Miller era of Batman.

BC was the result of Morrison's insanely good JLA run with a Batman that no one else was seeing in the main Bat books.

Batman and Robin is a return to classic form of Batman comics. Not the kids know whats best of the Jason Todd debacle. Not the soothing light of innocent love that was the Tim Drake era. BaR is about pulling a youth from the dark side by teaching them how to beat sense into those who have given in to THEIR dark side.

Geoff Johns had an amazing and wildly profitable run on Green Lantern over the course of a decade. It was so good, that several spin off series were launched to maximize return. But, there are only so many boss writers at any time working for the big two...

GREEN LANTERN CORPS - Justin Jordan is already writing some great stories at Valiant. This is a fairly popular title that actually does better when crossed over with the other big Lantern characters. As it should be

GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS - Kyle is insanely hard to write with his full powerset. And now he will be more powerful than ever. It is a better way to do things than keep trying to invent some BS crossover to keep the title running.

RED LANTERNS - Has been doing quite well under Soule. Without him there will be no one able to make good story for a decent price.

SWAMP THING - This is too prestige for DC to mess up with low grade writers. And if the fans felt that Scott Snyder was not good enough to keep writing it...

INFINITY MAN AND THE FOREVER PEOPLE - Too much competition, and not enough time to build recognition of the characters.

RHatO is shtocko, and DC needs to pare down to essentials before the next wave of EARTH ONE books get published. Morrison is going to break the bank with Wonder Woman and Multiversity.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Honestly, I was glad that their engagement was broken off. While I liked Williams and Blackman's run, they never really made Maggie and Kate seem like a convincing couple. Kate and Maggie barely felt compatible enough to be dating, nevermind getting married. If you re-read the run, in retrospect it kinda seems like the writers were more interested in rushing into a marriage than exploring their relationship.

THANK YOU! That couple felt so incredibly forced it left me in a perpetual "wut" the entire time.

Slade-Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad about Swamp Thing ending, but better to end it on a high note than to have it become bad.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Always so negative. Also Johns does a great job with events, they're one of his specialties.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myadidas said:

Bring in Young Justice!!!

They can't, impulse is stuck in the future... or somthing

Sad about Swamp Thing ending, but better to end it on a high note than to have it become bad.

Yeah, at least he gets to close it the way he wants to, should make the book even better to read in trade.

chrisburgess99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

surprised that the Lantern titles are being cancelled. Swamp Thing is out of left field. I asked Charles Soule in September at the Baltimore Con "how long he was planning on staying" and he replied he was not leaving in 2014 or 2015, but after that he was unsure. Otherwise, more titles that just to have 52.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Always so negative. Also Johns does a great job with events, they're one of his specialties.

Then why hasn't he written a just decent one since Blackest Night?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Besides Blackest Night he also did Flashpoint, Throne of Atlantis, and Forever Evil, all of which are pure unrefined awesome sauce.

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Winter_Kills

Swamp Thing?

No Caption Provided

That was a good series, one of my all-time fave DC characters...now all I have left at DC is JLD & Constantine.

asjmooney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really gutted that Batwoman is finishing. It used to be one of my favourite books and Kate is one of my favourite characters. #savebatwoman

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Besides Blackest Night he also did Flashpoint, Throne of Atlantis, and Forever Evil, all of which are pure unrefined awesome sauce.

Only thing worth mentioning from Flashpoint is Azzarello's Batman tie-in, the rest was a stupid excuse to kill off droves of characters.

Throne of Atlantis was undiluted Aquman fanwank, everyone else got to eat garbage.

And Forever Evil... there were some bad guys who stood around and did nothing for 6 issues before a rag tag group of douchebags and some overly emotional fool pretending to be Batman a managed to take them down because the first line of defence suddenly proved to be a bunch of incompetents. And it was drawn by Mr. Eyesore who made it go on for another 2 months.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@outside_85: Nonsense (well yeah there was a lot of death) Flashpoint was full of cool concepts and over all was a well executed story.

Was it a bit of a fan wank? yes, but it was still solid.

It gave a lot of interesting introspection to the villains, had a solid story, and some well executed fight scenes. Also Ivan Reis did some of the art, and the whole Finch thing is a matter of opinion (but even if you don't like his work you have to admit it was well done).

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever: Flashpoint was an example of everyone being a bunch stupid inept douchebags when they weren't twisted into being horrid monsters for no reason other than 'because'.

A bit? No, it was nothing but fanwank that had to stretch itself just to seem plausible.

No I dont have to admit anything, what looks good and what doesn't is entirely up to the beholder, and this beholder would rather Finch never drew again untill he finds out how the basic human anatomy works. The big problem with Johns is that, especially with stuff like FE is that he is trying to make genocidal lunatics look sympathetic, and quite frankly, you need to have your head checked out if you think those people should be sympathized with.

Zoch81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

To be honest i stopped caring about New Guardians as soon as Carol and Kyle kissed lol I've never been so pissed off at a fictional relationship. But Red Lanterns i'm sad to see go to me it just started getting good.