Sixteen DC Comics Titles Ending in March 2015

• 189 results
viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

o wow thats a lot of titles...but once I looked at the list..to be honest most of these can go..I actually didn't realize there was this many titles I could care less about. The only ones that kind of surprise me are Green Lantern Corps (John Stewart?) and Swamp Thing. But Swamp Thing along with Constantine to me are tougher characters to write in the DC universe. But I believe these are no big loss and makes me question more what they could be replaced with. DC should be pushing characters like Cyborg, Hawkgirl, and even Shazam to get their own title.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Aww.. Too bad I'm gonna miss Red Lanterns and Secret Origins..

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

I'm surprised that they're canceling so many at once. Disappointing news.

Bat_Rat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought brian buchalato was taking over injustice

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

The only one I'll miss is Injustice. Can't wait to see what replaces them!

And it's about time they get rid of some GL titles. I was just saying how I might add the main Green Lantern book, if not for the constant crossovers.

Avatar image for starscream_vs_you
Starscream_Vs_You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very very very disappointed that Red Lanterns is going away that is a very good high spot as far as Lantern books go! I really hope it does come back as a relaunch afterwards...

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@donmeca2020: Its rumored that one of the new titles coming out after convergence will be a new Batman weekly thats a continuation of Batman Eternal so you may still get your fix there.

Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lanterns getting hit hard

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Infinity Man and the Forever People is also ending :/

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

#61  Edited By CrazyScarecrow

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Convergence is the reasoning for these cancellations. Think about! They cancelled basically everything except for the big books. They are keeping around everyone that you think of when you think of DC and the characters DC wants to promote for bigger things.

• Batman (and Detective Comics)
  • Superman (and Action Comics)
  • Wonder Woman
  • Robin
  • Green Lantern
  • The Flash
  • Aquaman
  • Justice League (and the other team titles)
  • Teen Titans
  • Grayson (just cuz it is the original Robin)
  • Red Hood
  • Batgirl
  • Supergirl
  • Sinestro
  • Lobo (fan favorite character)
  • Deathstroke
  • Suicide Squad (with the new movie)
  • Harley Quinn
  • Catwoman
  • Constantine
  • Secret Six (fan favorite title)

Really listing them all out it doesn't seem that way though it is weird to me that the Lanterns are being cancelled. They have been such a huge part of the DC universe for a while and it is surprising that they aren't even keeping a book John Stewart seeing how much money he probably brings in.

Swamp Thing I'm not surprised to see leaving though I am sad to see it go. I'm not really surprised to see Klarion and Arkham Manor cancelled. I didn't really see that going anywhere from the start. Surprised the Forever People lasted as long as they did and also sad to see the Others leave. I haven't read the book though I loved the characters in Aquaman.

Really I am just really surprised to see the Lanterns go. Also Secret Origins should've lasted longer though it was priced to high.

KINCART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 35

But, I love Swamp Thing

Avatar image for scarlet_spider_forever
Scarlet_Spider_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boy I really hope the cancellation of New Guardians doesn't mean the end of Kyle Rayner. It would be a real shame to see such a good character with so much potential due to his white ring go. Cmon DC don't screw me over again!

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Real pity about Red Lantern and New Guardians, my favorite lantern titles.

I also liked Aquaman and the others. Too bad about Trinity of Sin; I think Pandora is such a cool character. You could redo the Princes of the Universe video telling the story of Pandora, it's that great.

BrotherEye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 51

Darn, so I'm loosing three Lantern Books, Swamp Thing and Forever People. Really surprised about GLC. Swamp Thing and Red Lanterns though looked like they would end after Soule left. With Jordan leaving, also seemed like New Guardians was over. Had hopes that someone good could take over Swampy but alas... And I liked the Forever People... why must Kidby stuff end? First OMAC now this...

I don't get why DC OKed some of these new titles of they were going to end them. Klarion and Trinity of Sin seem pointless now. And Klarion seems like a real wasted opportunity as it looked like a chance for DC to have their own Kid Loki.

Aquaman and the Others had a lot of potential but I think failed to live up to it. It was plagued with the same mediocrity of Firestorms last few issues. No offense to Jurgens as I like him as a person bug his stories are just too plain, simple and not exciting.

And finally, Worlds Finest is over. Apologies to those that liked this book but this one really frustrated me. It just never went anywhere despite having the potential of getting a female equivalent to Batman/Superman. The fact that it lost its star characters and became a flash back book seemed evident it's days were numbered.

Batwoman I think struggled under the new creative team. If it's over with no relaunch, here's hoping for a new Birds of Prey with Kate in charge and her training Bette, Stephanie and Harper.

MaskedGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm surprise of a few of this because they are very recent, i guess they where extremely low sales for the first number...

Fuego123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I feel its time for a Black Bat series.

Also Deadman ,Doom Patrole and a League of Assassins series .

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By Captain13

The sales on all of the Lantern titles are high. I bet Green Lantern will be a weekly. Each week will focus on a different Lantern. It will be the same structure but one brand.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By sparty-dbq

I'm putting the over/under on the number of Batman-related series to replace these books at 6. Do I have any takers?

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#73  Edited By lagozzino

Arkham Manor is cancelled after only two issues have come out? The hell? I mean, it was obviously not a storyline that would be truly ongoing anyway. I couldn't see it going for much longer than a year before coming to a natural conclusion. Gotta assume it was always intended to end at this point (the sales figures weren't even close to being bad, so it's not like the company would tell the creative team to cut the story short), so why even bother marketing it as an ongoing?

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

I stopped reading Batwoman once DC deiced they couldn't get married. IMO that was a bad move on DC part. That marriage issue could of sold really well and got more people reading Batwoman.

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

I'm surprised red lantern, green lantern Corp and green lantern new guardians held out as long as they did. Most of their storylines were boring since the first issue. It's a real pity that we r losing batwoman and swamp thing. I think they still hav more stories to tell.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Batwoman and Red Lanterns...

DC is cancelling the only two books I'm reading regularly.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@fables87: Honestly, I was glad that their engagement was broken off. While I liked Williams and Blackman's run, they never really made Maggie and Kate seem like a convincing couple. Kate and Maggie barely felt compatible enough to be dating, nevermind getting married. If you re-read the run, in retrospect it kinda seems like the writers were more interested in rushing into a marriage than exploring their relationship.
While Andreyko's run has obviously had it's problems, I'll say that what he's done with their relationship has felt way more natural than anything his predecessors did.

Aaaaaaanyway, I think we can all agree that most people were mainly reading the series for Williams' crazy art, so the series was kinda automatically sunk when they decided to hand over the reigns to an increasingly bland succession of artists. Georges Jeanty is a decent artist, but his extremely straightfoward art was just not what the book needed.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

@lagozzino: Yeah seeing Williams leave as artist and writer was a major bummer for me, but I can understand why he left DC. I would have left too if I was in his shoes.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Theyre putting Hal back on JL maybe will get more of Kyle and John on Green Lantern series.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

The only surprise to me is Green Lantern Corps. It has never been one of the most popular titles on the stands but it has stuck around. Also, seeing so many series all come to an end at the same time is pretty shocking on it's own. I hope trimming the fat on the Green Lantern books leads to more character driven arcs. The GL titles have become the X-Men of the 90s. Crossovers that lead into crossovers have hurt the quality of the books (not always but frequently), especially since the launch of the New 52. It also seems to have hurt the enthusiasm of the fans. Maybe now we can get some stories that focus on Earth adventures and relationships. I'd also like to see them actually do something of substance with Simon Baz. The issues that introduced him were great but he has had little to do since then.

hyperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@bladewolf: That's a pretty good idea, i hope they come up with that idea too.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

@bat_rat: Hopefully this just means INJUSTICE YEAR FOUR will begin. Maybe it's a matter of how sales go for his issues.

kennybaese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#83  Edited By kennybaese

Some of these are pretty surprising. Arkham Manor and Klarion sure were short lived and they're really cleaning house with the Lantern books.

It's too bad about Batwoman.

EDIT: Oh, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Brian Buccellato is taking over Injustice, so I'm guessing it's just relaunching.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

I can't believe three Lantern books are getting canned. I thought Lantern's always sold well? I only read the main GL title, but I know several Lantern fans that only read Lantern books.

Maybe I'll get that Blue Lantern book I've always wanted...

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By batmite1995

Don't really read most of the comics but it is a shame swamp thing and arkham manor are ending

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#87  Edited By Boynerdgeek

Infinity Man and Forever People ending is what makes me sad. The good book but not many people buy it. Seems like Jack Kirby related never last long. Hope DC launch New Gods book

Also please cancel Red Hood and The Outlaws.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

#88  Edited By StMichalofWilson

Some good, some bad.

But overall nothing new or surprising.

MrMazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 299

User Lists: 8

Huh weird that Earth 2 proper isn't cancelled with the weekly coming to an end.

Protoflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm more surprised that the green lantern corner of the universe is ending pretty much. Considering its been a pretty constant part of the new 52.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Ultragreenboy

I don't see Red Hood on this list. I'm now upset.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

• GREEN LANTERN CORPS

• GREEN LANTERN: NEW GUARDIANS

• RED LANTERNS

• SWAMP THING

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. Most interesting.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Klarion being cancelled isn't a surprise at all...I think at this point everyone is pretty sick of how bad Ann Nocenti's writing has been and it was Klarion...I've never seen anyone asking for a Klarion book

micangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im surprised about Swamp Thing and most disappointed about green lantern corps. Been faithful too it since they revitalized the green lantern franchise in mid 2000's and has been a better book that green lantern proper. although with the crossovers its been the same book practically. i hope we continue to see the extended cast of lanterns in the one book thats left

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What the hell dc? I don't even read any of these but that just seems crappy. Perhaps theres some smart business move behind it but I just don't see canceling 17 books being smart or good business. They definitely just lost a bunch of readers. No wonder marvel beats them every month, they barely have as many books for people to buy.

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Wow! Out of the ones ending I'm losing 1. Aquaman and The Others, 2. Secret Origins, 3. Star Spangled War Stories Featuring G.I. Zombie, 4. Worlds Finest, 5. Green Lantern Corps, 6. Green Lanterns New Guardians, 7. Red Lanterns, 8. Injustice Gods Among Us. Plus all three of my weeklies are ending. That's eleven books! Dang!

KungFuPurp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By KungFuPurp

... I was one of the "few" (I guess you could say) that actually really enjoyed the new 52 especially all those titles listed above . Mainly because it gave me time to catch up to the many comics I missed out on & to refresh my memory on all the characters I haven't went into depth on . But now I hope DC does something worth while since they have so many titles ending in March . Hopefully they hav a nice plan in place otherwise I don't see why ending "all" these series.. The convergence is confusing because they are jumping back into what they wanted to release years ago but never followed through with...Ive never understood a lot of DC's decisions but agreed with the "reboot" / New 52 .

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman Eternal is coming back for Year Two.

Shazam , Cyborg seem a given.

Birds of Prey with Harper Row , Stephannie Brown and Kate Kane.

Blue and Gold.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the GL titles were selling well enough. And why is Arkham Manor ending so soon? I'm sure it's not because of sales.