Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

VOTE LOKI #1

(W) Christopher Hastings (A) Langdon Foss (CA) Tradd Moore

Loki is many things -- god, trickster, brother, liar, son, villain, even hero. Now he wants to add one more thing to the list: President of the United States. That's right, the God of Lies has set his sights on becoming the ruler of the free world, but is this just another scheme? One thing's for certain -- with Loki's winning smile and silver tongue on the campaign trail, this election just got a lot more interesting...

Rated T+

Item Code: APR160909In Shops: 6/15/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I have no intention of picking this up but the art here is pretty fantastic.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is gonna be hilarious.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I miss young loki... and kid loki... I miss a lot of lokis

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Well he is a better choice than Hillary and Trump :D Although he flipflops so often, I don't even know if you can actually label Loki as Hero or Villain.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be cool

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

So are they ripping off when Lex Luthor became President?

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Galactic_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I vote loki

kleo_94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By kleo_94

@superior_prime_maybe said:

Also, NOOO not this horrible artist again! Geez! Remember this art on Bucky Barnes: The Winter Soldier? I mean, as long as the art was good, it wasn't a total waste. But once the art turned from Marco Rudy's fantastic traditional to this garbage...

Avatar image for jasoninthewoods
Jasoninthewoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jasoninthewoods

Yet another stupid Marvel comic.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hur dur, so stupid.

You idiots remember Lex Luthor became President a couple of years ago despite being one of the most recognizable villains ever, right?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There can be good storylines in this vein. Howard the Duck ran for president, and then in a What-if Captain America. These are far different political times though and satire is difficult. Then again in the current MU there isn't much difference between heroes and villains, SHIELD and HYDRA basically just wear different uniforms. So Loki -even though he is a non-US citizen- could easily make it.

No Caption Provided

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom King came up with this Vote Loki IDEA, so I'm going to check it out.

Prossor_Kobras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could be good...

But I'm not liking what I'm seeing...

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@superior_prime_maybe: Young and Kid Loki were different?

Kid Loki was actually a Young Avenger - but was only doing it to trick Wiccan into aging him up! It doesn't matter what age Loki is, he's always a mischievous trickster. Yeah, he's not different at all.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superior_prime_maybe: Young and Kid Loki were different?

From what i gather the young loki was Ikol after kid loki had himself removed from the book of destiny. It's quite confusing but i know the story mostly from the Loki: agent of asgard series. He confesses that he willed the future of kid loki.. Loki is overall the same but has to essentially die to be reborn.
Sorry if this is all too confusing. The more I think about it the more confused i get.

Ethan-Ricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was excited for the concept, and because Loki doesn't look like Hiddleston.

And then I saw the art...

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

Still a better candidate than trump.

cyberninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

Make Jotunheim great again!

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Trump can do it why can't Loki

Avatar image for deactivated-6078d92bc3efb
deactivated-6078d92bc3efb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Better than voting for Crooked Thor!

mewmdude77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

So... it's gonna be hilarious when the issue ends with Loki's campaign being shut down because he's not a US citizen, and wasn't born in the US.

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In this comic, Loki looks like the homeless dude, who lives behind my house.

apg103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Art is nice.

I understand if Loki was shape shifting into someone and manipulating the people into becoming president for some kind of evil plot.

But walking around out in public as Loki,the super villain for so X many years, calling himself a god and wanting to be president makes this series just sound retarded

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... it's gonna be hilarious when the issue ends with Loki's campaign being shut down because he's not a US citizen, and wasn't born in the US.

That is if the marvel writers and editors actually know about that law. They haven't been too bright on the US legal system in the past.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I miss Kid Loki to, but young Loki was just Ikol and he needed to DIE for killing Kid Loki. The new God of Stories though looked to take on about the same age as the previous version of him though at the end of Agent of Asgard.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mewmdude77 said:

That is if the marvel writers and editors actually know about that law. They haven't been too bright on the US legal system in the past.

It's not like the fan's who complain know what they are talking about either :P People complained about things in she-hulk when Soule was writing and Soule is actually a lawyer in real life actively when not working on comics.

derf_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Let's not pretend all lawyers know what they are talking about. Something about Soule leads me to believe he does tho...

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mewmdude77 said:

It's not like the fan's who complain know what they are talking about either :P People complained about things in she-hulk when Soule was writing and Soule is actually a lawyer in real life actively when not working on comics.

But somethings are so blatant anyone who's ever watched a cop show knows it. Trouble is the characters can only be as smart as the writers want them to be for the story. Scott wrote She-Hulk ash idiot. I didn't read Soule's stuff because Slott turned me off the character.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd sooner vote for Loki than Hillary or Trump :P

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought you couldn't be President unless you were born in America.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This is pretty retarded.

Avatar image for allaboutmarvels
allaboutmarvels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would vote for Loki over Donald trump anyday

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mewmdude77 said:

But somethings are so blatant anyone who's ever watched a cop show knows it. Trouble is the characters can only be as smart as the writers want them to be for the story. Scott wrote She-Hulk ash idiot. I didn't read Soule's stuff because Slott turned me off the character.

Isn't basing how things works on cop shows the likely reason no one knows what they're talking about? >.<

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mewmdude77 said:

Isn't basing how things works on cop shows the likely reason no one knows what they're talking about? >.<

Depends on the cop show. Adam-12, Dragnet were far more procedurally based than Starsky and Hutch, Barretta or even Hill Street Blues. Law and Order did pretty good though. But I really can't imagine that after the whole problem with President Obama's birth certificate was publicized so well that anyone thinks Loki could be anything above the level of an immigrant with a green card.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Teerack

@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mewmdude77 said:

Depends on the cop show. Adam-12, Dragnet were far more procedurally based than Starsky and Hutch, Barretta or even Hill Street Blues. Law and Order did pretty good though. But I really can't imagine that after the whole problem with President Obama's birth certificate was publicized so well that anyone thinks Loki could be anything above the level of an immigrant with a green card.

Well evil Loki died at the end of siege and then kid Loki was born right in Oklahoma shortly after so technically the current Loki was born in america.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mewmdude77 said:

Well evil Loki died at the end of siege and then kid Loki was born right in Oklahoma shortly after so technically the current Loki was born in america.

Have to be older than 35.

KingKaijuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@apg103: Honestly the whole concept of Marvel/DC world and super powers is pretty "retarded" from a lot of stand points. You gotta be able to suspend your disbelief a whole lot as it is. Loki outwardly wanting to become president is not any more out-there than getting bit by a radioactive spider(which should be dead) and getting super powers(instead of radiation poisoning and rabid cancer growth).

KingKaijuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mutant_god: But this is the marvel universe. If you can make legislation for super humans to co-exist with regular people, fail safes for when super humans go evil, massive secret orginizations and inter-galactic communication and treaty, you can easily make an amendment to a tiny(and only vaguely justifiable) rule that requires you to be born of the US.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Teerack
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mewmdude77 said:

Well Loki has lived for 1000s of years it's because of his godly nature he was able to die and be born again.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@teerack said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mewmdude77 said:

Well Loki has lived for 1000s of years it's because of his godly nature he was able to die and be born again.

True, but legally it takes a birth certificate. Even assuming a rebirth I can't believe that rebirth happened 35 years ago. It'd be an interesting court battle if the marvel writers were smart enough to handle it.

Homifred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know. Not many writers can handle a complicated character like Loki. Remember A-Force (also, why aren't they on that team again, assuming they'd even be allowed on it).

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homifred said:

Remember A-Force (also, why aren't they on that team again, assuming they'd even be allowed on it).

What about A-Force? Who's they?

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I draw better than that. Well... almost...

Anyway, this looks atrocious.

Homifred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LCazT1996

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You idiots remember Lex Luthor became President a couple of years ago despite being one of the most recognizable villains ever, right?

To be fair, that was over 16 years ago now. An entire generation of readers won't remember it, and that's assuming they even read DC.
Also, this seems more silly than serious.