Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

VENOM #1

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7

(W) Mike Costa (A/CA) Gerardo Sandoval

The symbiote you know and love has returned to New York City. No more "Agent of the Cosmos." No more "Lethal Protector." It's time for a new Venom, and it's great to be bad.

Rated T+

SEP160951 In Shops: Nov 23, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

Flash or bust.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
#2 Posted by Yung ANcient One (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHAAAQAAAAAATTTTT!!!

What is going on!?

I am invested. I admit it. Who is it? Thompson or Brock? Someone new? TELL ME! (+)

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#3 Posted by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (4212 posts) - - Show Bio

Aaaaaand... Venom re-drop down my favourite character list...

#4 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

I am invested. I admit it. Who is it? Thompson or Brock? Someone new? TELL ME! (+)

A suspect that right here in preview... it's just Venom.

#5 Posted by Mizerous (720 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom without a host?

#6 Edited by g2_ (11411 posts) - - Show Bio

You have gotta be kidding me!!!

OMG who is writing this garbage? The part when Venom threw up *Facepalm.

Avatar image for staticspeedster
#7 Edited by StaticSpeedster (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Art looks great but I'm a bit skeptical with the story just like with most of their ongoing titles.

#8 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I am checking this and Thanos out, but I don't expect either to go very far.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#9 Edited by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Space Knight was great. I hope it continues. Sandoval is a natural fit. I like it.

#10 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

So how many people does this thing kill this time?

#11 Edited by TheLurker (990 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: In comics homeless white guys, well-to-do white guys, and nameless thugs don't count as "people." They're all fair game for casualties. So as of now, the kill count is 0.

#12 Posted by laughingbatman (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll probably buy this after it comes out and if it gets decent reviews. Based off this first couple of pages, I'm not too sure.

Avatar image for bullet_to_the_head
#13 Posted by Bullet_to_the_Head (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, What...

#14 Posted by Sovereign91001 (7483 posts) - - Show Bio

No Flash, no buy.

#15 Posted by kevinwalsh (135 posts) - - Show Bio

"NOT MY VENOM!"-Comic Vine Community

#16 Posted by saucygiraffe (126 posts) - - Show Bio

Venom without a host, interesting.

#17 Posted by SP4RT4N (85 posts) - - Show Bio

It has a host! Does nobody see the bum in the preview? I know some people look past bums, but geez, this is a fictional bum and you act like HE'S NOT EVEN THERE?!?

#18 Posted by Blues32 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, to hell with this. I want AGENT Venom.

#19 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

im awaiting this !!! also can't wait to get those Dell Otto variants in the mail of this !!!

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#20 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10241 posts) - - Show Bio

Let Kaine Parker become Venom, I always felt he'd be the perfect host, just like when he was the other. He's definitely in need of Venom at the moment and it would be a cool twist imo

#21 Edited by Cassie_Hack (6 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks great but I love my Space Venom defender of the people stories. It's like Mass Effect but with Flash fucking Thompson. NO BODY ASKED FOR THIS! Agent Venom fighting for The USA was cool. Then he became a Space marine...but this is dumb. Why come back to earth. It's boring and Carol Danvers is ruining everyone's stories. Venom was tamed...it's sentient and a good guy...f this.

#22 Posted by phocracker (229 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I thought the symbiote was a good symbiote....

#23 Posted by JamesSpiring (996 posts) - - Show Bio

The art looks great but I love my Space Venom defender of the people stories. It's like Mass Effect but with Flash fucking Thompson. NO BODY ASKED FOR THIS! Agent Venom fighting for The USA was cool. Then he became a Space marine...but this is dumb. Why come back to earth. It's boring and Carol Danvers is ruining everyone's stories. Venom was tamed...it's sentient and a good guy...f this.

He had no choice. The Guardians spaceship was destroyed. The team all but broke up. Venom, Angela, Kitty, and Thing all left to go elsewhere, and shortly after, apparently (probably to be told in flashback here), Flash and Venom separated.

#24 Posted by Helloman (29800 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks good, will pick it up.

#25 Edited by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually completely unwilling to accept or give a new host a chance. I already saw what happens to awesome characters once they lose the suit. Im not going to read this so Flash can become a character hardly used and rarely used well like Brock.

#26 Posted by katanalauncher (3614 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would you throw away so much development for Flash and the symbiote in favor of another host?

#27 Posted by Dedpool (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack: I am with you. But I think I like the fact that they're not making the Symbiote an outright evil entity anymore. Depending on the mindset of the person it can be Noble or savage. Also kind of hope the new Venom crosses paths with Deadpool after the Back in Black series.

#28 Posted by Doc-Holiday (3850 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss Eddie Brock

#29 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

Now Venom is a random hobo. Yet another 'brilliant' example of Marvel giving the fans what they 'want'. /sigh

#30 Posted by micah007123 (10836 posts) - - Show Bio

What happened to Flash?

#31 Posted by UltimatePower6 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Please don't regress Venom's awesome character development over the last few years.

#32 Posted by CobraCommander (194 posts) - - Show Bio

Lame.

Flash or gtfo.

#33 Edited by SkullKnight (78 posts) - - Show Bio

First it was all like "oh it's not Eddie? screw this new venom!" Now people are like "oh it's not Flash? screw this new venom!"

Honestly, I'd like to see Eddie come back as Venom but we may never see that happen, sadly.

#34 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody know how a preview works? Maybe this issue will answer all the questions.

Plus i can clearly see some haven't read Venom in a long time.

#35 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (873 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anybody know how a preview works? Maybe this issue will answer all the questions.

Plus i can clearly see some haven't read Venom in a long time.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I see people asking for Eddie Brock, but had they kept up, they'd know why that wouldn't work.

I try to reserve judgement until I've actually read the issue, you know, the whole issue, not a page or two that have been previewed on a site. It'll be interesting to see what happens next. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Flash as Venom.

#36 Posted by castronovo75 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

This is just the first couple pages guys.. let's give it a chance..! I can't say I have total confidence but who knows..? It could end up being very interesting..! I hope so..!

#37 Posted by Blues32 (117 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanwithatan01: I'm not sure that would work. Isn't Kaine dying from the Carrion virus rather than simple clone degeneration? The symboite can handle a lot of things, but the Carrion virus might be more than it can keep at bay.

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
#38 Posted by deactivated-1351355 (5579 posts) - - Show Bio

@castronovo75 said:

This is just the first couple pages guys.. let's give it a chance..! I can't say I have total confidence but who knows..? It could end up being very interesting..! I hope so..!

Indeed.

#39 Posted by Pipxeroth (9236 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't we just have another venom solo run with Flash? Hopefully this doesn't come out rushed.

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
#40 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (10241 posts) - - Show Bio

@blues32: idk I just thought he'd be a cool Venom

#41 Posted by w0nd (6803 posts) - - Show Bio

i like my venom with a hint of good to him, a lethal protector is the most i will accept. eddie or flash. everyt ime i get use to a host they switch it up again ffs. Took a while for me to get use to flash but ok great he was a good guy again there was character development, the symbiote was cured, time for it to do good.

JUST KIDDING

I feel pretty bad for the symbiote, its been through just as much as peter if not more lol.

i hope this is mania's symbiote on someone else

#42 Posted by RaunJisto (480 posts) - - Show Bio

So what happens to Flash now? I don't want this guy to end up dead or in comic book limbo. He's had such good development with the symbiote and I'd hate to see that all disappear.

And isn't Venom gonna end up with a criminal in this series. I recall reading a preview that mentioned he'd have just one host.

#43 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Corch (16 posts) - - Show Bio

i despised sandovals style on new avengers. this is also a disappointment to me. hope for a cnange of artist further

#45 Posted by castronovo75 (6 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Spag_Hoops (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, really grateful to Marvel for this, and the other planet-bound ex-GotG titles. I was trying to figure out ways to cut back on my spending and they've just made it so much easier for me.

#47 Posted by Edstone1 (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Got a serious"The Darkness " Jackie Estecado-vibe from this book.