Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

THOR: GOD OF THUNDER #25

(W) Jason Aaron (A) Esad Ribic & Various (CA) Esad Ribic

• Redefining the word "epic," it's the god-sized 25th issue of THOR: GOD OF THUNDER featuring an amazing artistic line-up!

• Young Thor vs. Frost Giants!

• The untold origin of Malekith the Accursed!

• King Thor's granddaughters uncover a startling secret chapter from the history of the Thunder God!

• Thor deals with the shocking fall-out from ORIGINAL SIN!

Rated T+

Item Code: JUL140657In Shops: 9/17/2014SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By DrThanos91

This looks to be a great finale to a wonderful run of my favorite Hero,and I have high hopes for the new Thor

was that Gladiator?,and also it looks like Enchantress has returneded..and Magog!!!

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

The long wait till release is killing me

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I'm really excited.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By medulaoblaganda

am glad gladiator will feature in thor's comic. can't wait

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Thanks,I honestly couldnt see that,my visions alittle off right now lol

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@unbreakable_fs4: Me too I cant wait either..also dont die,no one should miss out on this lol

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Outside_85

Obviously not a period of time Thor remembers with any fondness, looking forwards to reading it.

In b4 the whale!

No Caption Provided

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait to read this Thor God of Thunder has bee by far the best book to come out of Marvel Now. So by the time the new one starts I'll be reading it with high hopes :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Is Aaron SERIOUSLY wasting Gladiator, Enchantress, Hela and freakin' Mangog on the trivial and inconsequential female Thor? That's exceptionally disappointing that the original Thor is reduced to nothing more than a sideline bystander whilst this temporary PR gimmick for 'gender equality/diversity' gets to fight a whole host of powerful and threatening villains. I would have LOVED to see Thor fight these guys but now we have She-Thor to do it instead. I'm very disappointed in Aaron and Marvel for doing this to Thor.

Jazon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drthanos91: eh? is that the finale? or will the male Thor continue his adventures using his god-killing axe Jarnbjorn instead? seems a waste to discontinue this awesome series.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does my eyes decieve me or is that the Mangog?

ClawFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MANGOG looks like a boss! Awesome :)

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Did I miss what Fury whispered into Thor's ear in Original Sin?

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Did I miss what Fury whispered into Thor's ear in Original Sin?

No more than everyone else did, this GoT issue hopefully solves the riddle.

Enchanted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This has been a great series. I wish Aaron would be able to continue it even with all of this female-thor going on. I wouldn't even mind if the series switched to focus on past Thor as the female-thor runs her course

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jazon: it is the Finale..it saids so...

I agree on that,I honestly would hope they continue with old Thor and New female Thor with our beloved odinson with the celestial wrecking Jarnbjorn

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This guys should be on a New Gods title, loving this series.

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By tensor

This guy made Thor comics interesting again.I would like to see more of his work.

Avatar image for timelordscience
TimeLordScience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I, for one, am looking forward to female Thor.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator made me excited, but damn, that Femmethor doesn't sit well with me...

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By laabitres

this book was so good hope the new one is too

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

....but... she's not Thor though... she's someone that has Thor's power.. but Thor's not her name... this series should be called The Mighty Jane (or whatever her real name is). Just because I put someone's shoes on doesn't make me that person.

RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After Original Sin events and the way that Thor becomes unworthy, this preview also don't brings good perspectives to the new series, Frigg in my opinion was the only character that could call herself Thor to honor his grandfather and pick mjolnir on the moon by herself, by the pics seems that the new worthy female will not be her, i still want to read the new series, but i start to think that Marvel made it only for the publicity, and the new series will have a lot of plot holes.

viin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im not a big thor fan but I do want to check out this series cause of the art. The female Thor thing seems to have a presence in this book so im not crazy about that.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Checking this out. At least we know it's most likely not one of his grand daughters or Enchantress as some thought. Going to give this a fair chance since Jason Aaron has done well with TGoT, and made me like a character I never cared about before. So you know, I'm going to actually use a writers past writing speak for itself instead of getting angry, yelling about PR stunts and blaming Marvel for forcing diversity (like that's a bad thing), or the whole Thor is not a mantle thing (which I did complain about at first, but since they're keeping Thor around and still calling him Thor still, I'm fine with it). Should be interesting to not only see this new Thor come into her own, but also see the original Thor try to become worthy again. In the end I realize this will be good for the character in the long run, and act almost as a second origin story and reaffirm the things about the character I love (much like Superior Spider-man eventually reaffirmed "with great power comes great responsibility" and made Otto realized Peter had to return).

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Tell that to Bucky and The Falcon when they became/become Captain America. Or Dick Grayson when he became Batman. In this instance I think it's saying that Thor is more than a name, it's an ideal to strive for. Sure it's his name, but it became something more as he became worthy to wield the hammer.

RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RKT

@idontlikebirds said:

@tommythehitman: Tell that to Bucky and The Falcon when they became/become Captain America. Or Dick Grayson when he became Batman. In this instance I think it's saying that Thor is more than a name, it's an ideal to strive for. Sure it's his name, but it became something more as he became worthy to wield the hammer.

I thought Thor was a birth name like Steve or Bruce! Bucky and the Falcon will not become Steve, and Dick Grayson never was Bruce Wayne!

As Thor fan i want to see the new series succeeded but i haven't heard any reasonable explanation to call the new worthy character Thor even if he was a male, Beta Ray Bill never call himself Thor or did He? With Frigg apparently out of the equation can you see any explanation to the new character become another Thor and not only have his power, like the past of the character in comics suggest.

As for became something more, he has a small background as Norse God but nothing special compared to comic books!

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Enchantress and Hela it has been way too long since i have seen my fave Thor ladies i'm excited. They need to meet angela too i can't wait for this issue. Old thor must have hated when this happened look how he reacted to his own grandchildren.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love this art! still hate the female thor crap :/

lb70145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

....but... she's not Thor though... she's someone that has Thor's power.. but Thor's not her name... this series should be called The Mighty Jane (or whatever her real name is). Just because I put someone's shoes on doesn't make me that person.

@rkt said:

@idontlikebirds said:

I thought Thor was a birth name like Steve or Bruce! Bucky and the Falcon will not become Steve, and Dick Grayson never was Bruce Wayne!

As Thor fan i want to see the new series succeeded but i haven't heard any reasonable explanation to call the new worthy character Thor even if he was a male, Beta Ray Bill never call himself Thor or did He? With Frigg apparently out of the equation can you see any explanation to the new character become another Thor and not only have his power, like the past of the character in comics suggest.

As for became something more, he has a small background as Norse God but nothing special compared to comic books!

I would remind you guys that there have been other people to take on Thor's name before. Eric Masterson, Beta Ray Bill, and Red Norvell called themselves Thor. Thor is both a person and a title. I mean, look at Donald Blake. Thor was his alter ego.

RKT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RKT

@lb70145:

Eric Masterson, (Was Odin who gaveThor's form and powers after the original was sealed in Eric's mind, to save Eric's life).

Beta Ray Bill (never call himself Thor).

The Hammer inscription (Who is worthy will have the power of Thor not become Thor)!

I don't mind this change but i hope that call her Thor makes sense in the plot of Aaron story's on Thor, i think comics like movies of the present need to have a different plot's from comics and movies from the past!

Xenonyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Xenonyte

@lvenger said:

Is Aaron SERIOUSLY wasting Gladiator, Enchantress, Hela and freakin' Mangog on the trivial and inconsequential female Thor? That's exceptionally disappointing that the original Thor is reduced to nothing more than a sideline bystander whilst this temporary PR gimmick for 'gender equality/diversity' gets to fight a whole host of powerful and threatening villains. I would have LOVED to see Thor fight these guys but now we have She-Thor to do it instead. I'm very disappointed in Aaron and Marvel for doing this to Thor.

Preach to the choir sista'

I'll get this anyway just to round-off Thor God of Thunder collection but that's probably it.

Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

Awesome, been waiting for this one for ages now.

smith0725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"It was time...for an all-new Thor. But not all would celebrate."

Yup. Jason Aaron said it. Couldn't have said it better myself.