Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

THOR #6

(W) Jason Aaron (A/CA) Russell Dauterman

WHO IS THOR?

• That's the question on everyone's lips. Most especially Prince Odinson of Asgard. This issue, he starts to narrow down the list of suspects.

• Meanwhile, tensions continue to flare between the All-Mother and All-Father, Malekith forges his most dangerous pact yet, and Thor prepares to face her greatest challenge!

Rated T+

Item Code: JAN150825In Shops: 3/11/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GalacticFork

Exercise often help me think, too.

Shorter Heimdall: Dude, the worlds are crumbling around you and you're worried about her name.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

I just want it to be someone out of now where like Cassie Lang or something.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book for all the hate it gets, has been really, really good.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I just want it to be someone out of now where like Cassie Lang or something.

wrongdamnside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loki, you little scamp, get out of that cover.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roz

WheatStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who drew the variant cover, my god it's beautiful.

No sense worrying who Thor is until issue eight, according to Russell's tumblr. He posted the cover, she's taking off the helmet. Three more issues to go until the big reveal ...

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GalacticFork

@wheatstalker said:

Who drew the variant cover, my god it's beautiful.

No sense worrying who Thor is until issue eight, according to Russell's tumblr. He posted the cover, she's taking off the helmet. Three more issues to go until the big reveal ...

And in the may solicitations article, the description for 8 also said they'd reveal it. Not sure about the variant cover. I was wondering that too, all I know is that it's from the Women of Marvel variant collection this month, but in the article it just said "Thor #6-TBD." So maybe it's a big mystery! Maybe Thor's real identity drew it.

Edit: nevermind, I found it. It's by Stephanie Hans.

Also I really hope my comic book store has it. They didn't have the Noto variant of 5 this month.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Since God of Thunder this has been such an amazing story by Jason Aaron and I do believe he will bring this to a great ending just before Secret Wars kicks off. Also, what a fantastic cover by Stephanie Hans. This Thor is such a beauty!

mcdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mcdavid

Yawn.

Issue#1: who could she be ?

Issue#2: who could she be ?

Issue#3: who could she be ?

Issue#4: who could she be ?

Issue#5: who could she be ?

Issue#6: who could she be ?

Although to be entirely honest, the malekith war pact is finally being mentioned again so that's some degree of good news. To me, it feels like the writers are really stretching out the plot with each passing issue just to buy time til secret wars.

Love the art, but severely disappointed with the pacing.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

And for some reason Thor assumed she must be asgardian, despite the majority of people who have lifted mjolnir in the past are not asgardians.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King who waits in Hel to be reborn - Bor?

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how confused the troll is :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heimdall is the most useless god ever. He says he cannot look at things that aren't threats yet he has no problem seeing what elves are doing for dinner. Aaron had to weaken the all-father and have heimdall act like an idiot to keep this woman's identity a secret, but there's no way Odin and Odinson shouldn't be able to easily find out her identity. Just give me Thor vs The Destroyer already, and whatever Malekith is planning.

2chimcha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Deep in my heart I wasnt it to be Jane, but the obvious answer seems to be Roz.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@z3ro180 said:

I love how confused the troll is :P

BuNKiTZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That last page, hah!

Anyway, I'm still banking on Roz. It's gotta be her. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. Oh, yeah, that last page could be hinting at the fact that Thor doesn't have blonde hair when she's not, well, Thor.

wessaari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By wessaari

Its either Roz or Jane, Roz only because she is AAron's character and she is the most logical choice but Aaron did slighty focus on Jane and it would be interesting because the hammer might help her cancer. i think making Jane Thor it will be more of a surprise then Roz, but I like Roz so I would actually prefer her. But what we would be really surprising is if it is one of Thor's granddaughters

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wessaari: I kinda don't want it to be Roz just because it'd mean he made a whole new character just to be Thor. I'd rather she be an existing character (pleeeease Jane) and then actually spend some time with a relationship between Roz and Odinson. She is supposed to be his current girlfriend after all.

HexThis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

I'd like it to be Jane, I just feel like Roz already has a lot going on for her right now being a SHIELD agent. Jane is kind of at an impasse.

Also, if it in any way influences the movies, how cool would it be to see Natalie Portman as a female Thor?!

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First and foremost, the art in this series is gorgeous. Secondly, at least they're finally name dropping some possibilities. Hopefully with the reveal of who she is, they'll also reveal why Thor is unworthy.

veronicacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

This book for all the hate it gets, has been really, really good.

one of my favorites. I thought i would never read thor

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Here's a possibility (and it never happens in US comics), maybe it's really a guy. But when the hammer is activated he get's changed to a she? Happened in "Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu.". Now talk about plot twists and seeing all the Thor (and US comic fans) all pop their heads off. ROFL.

Avatar image for 51stpresidentofplanetneutral
51stPresidentofPlanetNeutral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

SPOILER ALERT. AVERT YOUR EYES IF YOU WANT HER IDENTITY TO REMAIN A SECRET. I WARNED YOU: It's Hercules in a wig and wearing a bucket's worth of makeup.

All jokes aside, I'm probably going to end up picking this up, but not for the new Thor. That fight scene by itself is awesome, and I've never been more interested in Thor more than I am now. He seems more human this way.

simonchan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25  Edited By simonchan

the new thor is probably jane...

shes never mentioned in anything so far... and also, how else can she overcome cancer??

-__________-;;

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hexthis: ah HELL no! I want her boring a$$ out of Thor's movies and stories ASAP!

Avatar image for thunderingthorfan
ThunderingThorFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for scarletwitchfever
ScarletWitchFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@jayc1324 said:

Heimdall is the most useless god ever. He says he cannot look at things that aren't threats yet he has no problem seeing what elves are doing for dinner. Aaron had to weaken the all-father and have heimdall act like an idiot to keep this woman's identity a secret, but there's no way Odin and Odinson shouldn't be able to easily find out her identity. Just give me Thor vs The Destroyer already, and whatever Malekith is planning.

I wouldn't say Heimdall is useless as much as they just don't take his character into consideration when plotting these things out.

Not that it's surprising.

You can tell that the Thor writers don't actually care much for the Thor comics mythology or history, but they still want money from their fans. Just try comparing their characterizations to Walt Simonson's and see how quickly they fall flat.

Tbh, if Lady Thor isn't Freyja, I don't care who it is and will probably lose all interest since the artwork isn't all that fantastic and the plot is nothing too exciting.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

No Caption Provided

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

You should read what Heimdall actually said. He never said he couldn't see who she was, or that he cannot look at things that aren't threats. He said "I cannot see all things at once." and "I have a sworn duty to only espy that which threatens this realm." He is capable of seeing who she is, but since she isn't a threat, he's not going to bother. The whole scene is to remind Odinson he has bigger things to worry about. A lot of bigger things.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticfork: What elves are having for dinner isn't a threat either but he has no problem telling odinson about that. If he hadn't said that it would make some sort of sense but that just ruins the whole thing. I see it as a crappy excuse to have heimdall not tell odinsom who she is, and considering that this book has put a major focus on her identity, and that all Odinson is doing is trying to figure it out, he doesn't have much else to worry about. He technically should be worrying about malekith but that's Thor's problem now. He tried once and lost an arm lol.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By GalacticFork

@jayc1324: Eh, what elves are having for dinner means nothing (we don't even know if he actually checked or just said something sea elvesy because why bother checking?). But Thor is actively keeping her identity a secret, so Heimdall is respecting that because she is not a threat. The real question I have is if he's actually not looked at her identity out of respect, or if he knows and is keeping it secret out of respect (I think it's the second one, mainly cause if I had his power, I'd definitely check). Also, if I were Heimdall, I'd probably get sick of it if people kept coming to me asking me to invade others' privacy, so I'd set up a strict rule. So we'll have to disagree there. I do think Odinson's doing a bit too much wallowing. He has to have some idea why he's unworthy, he heard whatever knowledge of the Watcher that Fury dropped on him, so he should take Heimdall's advice and maybe focus on that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@galacticfork: Even if he's doing it out of respect, I think it makes more sense for him to be on Odinsons side and not to protect her. If odinson wants to know it should be heimdalls duty to tell him. Especially since Odin wants to know. It looks to me like he is being unnecessarily difficult, and I would not understand his loyalty to female Thor over Odinson and Odin. Theres also the fact that Odinson should have a right to know who took his hammer. He isn't some random asgardian being nosy, this is the person he gave his name to. Whether he's doing it out of respect or because she's not a threat, I don't understand why that takes precedence over Odinson. But like you said, we will just agree to disagree.

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: Dunno, maybe he and Jane had some nice talks before she went and took the Hammer. But this is actually one of the things I hate about all seeing characters.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Stephanie Hans is spectacular. Her work with Angela's book is just as gorgeous.

I like seeing Thor Odinson getting down to business and taking care of Midgard as he's always done. I like too the panel time Heimdall has. If I didn't know about issue 8's reveal, I probably wouldn't be so forgiving of this long, drawn out search for who the new Thor is, but at this point, I am really gunning for Jane. I've already been disappointed in knowing it's not who I really wanted it to be, which was Frejya.

Loving Heimdall's dire words, though. So many things on the go, and references to other stories happening or going to happen. Brother in turmoil, indeed. Poor Loki.

sbyrstall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

the new thor is probably jane...

shes never mentioned in anything so far... and also, how else can she overcome cancer??

-__________-;;

That wouldn't be much of a stretch since they did a "What if...?" with Jane finding the hammer instead of Dr. Blake. US comics have pretty much run out of good storylines.