Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

SUPERMAN #2

(W) Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason (A/CA) Patrick Gleason, Mick Gray

"THE SON OF SUPERMAN" Chapter Two: In #2, Superboy takes flight as he accompanies his father, the Man of Steel, on their first mission together to confront a creature more dangerous than anyone realizes. Will the duo triumph...or will they die when they face the lethal force of the Eradicator?

Item Code: MAY160254In Shops: 7/6/2016SRP: $2.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

So far this and Action Comics are going toe to toe for being the best Rebirth title. I hope this continues in July too.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

This looks awesome.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So is any one sure that THIS isn't the Jon Lane Kent that the New 52 Superboy was cloned from?

You know, the one that kills all the worlds heroes but is dying from his genetics? Because honestly...I'd like at least a play on that. #bringbackKonEl

Anna_Karenina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@koays: I was wondering about that a few weeks ago... And, yeah, I hope we'll see Kon/Conner again some day. :/

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Aros001

Wait...Eradicator? some people were predicting the New 52 Superman would come back under that name. Hopefully DC is not bringing him back so soon.

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Looks great

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Lovin the Art and Story.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: Most likley no. His full name is Johnathan Samuel Kent. No Lane in there. Also, that was an alternate future anyway. There are too many of those to really take seriously lol

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays: The disaster of the New 52 "humanity is too unclean for kryptonians to risk miscegenation" was essentially swept under the rug.

In the same way that the New 52 was a nefarious plot to destroy the foundations of the DC superheroes.

I would prefer a written apology and full refund for the past five years of mediocrity and uninspired garbage from non Bat titles.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Supes fan but glad the direction is well received

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ, does Gleason draw a damn fine Superman.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC is embracing superman as a family man. If only Marvel had the balls to do that to spider-man when they had the chance.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@koays said:

So is any one sure that THIS isn't the Jon Lane Kent that the New 52 Superboy was cloned from?

You know, the one that kills all the worlds heroes but is dying from his genetics? Because honestly...I'd like at least a play on that. #bringbackKonEl

Seeing as how his powers are more like Clark's and not mostly TK, yes, also Jon Lane Kent was kidnapped at like the age of 3. Plus I'm pretty sure DC wants nothing to do with Lobdell's shitty story.

2099man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art is absolutely beautiful. I remember seeing Gleeson's drawings back in the early 2000s and they still hold up even to this day. The writing is also wonderful, giving us back the friendly, kind, optimistic and good natured superman we've longed for all these years. And of course the interactions with Jon are marvellous. here's hoping the two become the definitive Superman/boy (aside from Kenan Kong who I have allot of hope for) after Rebirth is complete. :)

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone could say that they don't like little Jon.

UltimateSMfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This issue was magic.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When Supes and Jon fought that giant octopus, awww Lawwd!! I'm just really glad Supes, Jon, and Lois are being characterized the way they are. This really is a rebirth for the character.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think anyone could say that they don't like little Jon.

Their cat would say it if she'd able to do it.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rubear: Goldie is somewhere in that great litterbox in the sky. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-57b89658ba257
deactivated-57b89658ba257

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gleasons art is amazing

Hope he stays on this for a long time

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ccraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By ccraft

looks good

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing art ! Love the page that they are burying poor little goldie

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

The origin of Eradicators glasses has to be one the silliest and awesomest things ever.

Avatar image for deactivated-5790531b876c9
deactivated-5790531b876c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2099man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By 2099man

@heirtothekingdom: You gotta love Lois too though. I mean Jon openly expects Lois not to forgive him for killing her cat when he was trying to save it, but she does anyway and Jon doesn't have to be depressed about it. Mother of the year right there. :)

HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@2099man: Agreed! Lois is a good mother for understanding being a child with super powers isn't easy. Gotta love em both.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supes could of been a little sterner, but L&C's parenting is very intelligent.

Clark knew immediately that Jon had accidently killed the cat. What does he do? He takes Jon on a training mission in the middle of the night. Then he puts himself right next to Jon's target. Essentially it's either learn to control his heat vision or burn dad's back. Jon gets the hang of that. When Jon's S shield revealed he gives him a lecture about character being their most important trait.

Jon confesses and apologizes. All part of the plan. That's some slick ass parenting Supes.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jon's actually been an amazing character so far. His development has been very clumsy and natural. He's such an honest kid I love it.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this is a Superman I wanna read !

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jon literally the opposite of Damian. If it were Batson he'd be like "that cat was beneath me, it's death leaves me unbothered." I think i'll enjoy their book a lot.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ThePreface

@blackagar: Yes!! Super-Sons is at the top of my most anticipated list right now. Supes might think Damien is a bad influence on Jon. Jon on the other hand might teach Damien a thing or two about being a normal kid and enjoying the moment. And most importantly I can't wait to see what type of mischief these two get up to when they manage to escape their old dads.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackagar: Yes!! Super-Sons is at the top of my most anticipated list right now. Supes might think Damien is a bad influence on Jon. Jon on the other hand might teach Damien a thing or two about being a normal kid and enjoying the moment. And most importantly I can't wait to see what type of mischief these two get up to when they manage to escape their old dads.

If done correctly, it will be godlike. There is so much that can be done with the jon-damian-bruce-clark dynamic. I can see it now. They try to stop something/someone and jon accidentally does something then damian scolds him and they start fighting. they later make up and become friends.

ThePreface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ThePreface

@blackagar: Or Supes and Bats are with the Justice League fighting some gigantic monstrosity. The World's Finest tell there sons to stay put and to watch the action on TV. Damien being the resentful, cocky little bastard that he is peer pressures Jon into flying them in for front row seats. Obviously they think they can take anything their old dads can handle!!

Part of being a teen/pre-teen is that sense of reckless fearlessness. I want to see those two bite off more than they can chew on a regular basis.

blackagar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackagar: Or Supes and Bats are with the Justice League fighting some gigantic monstrosity. The World's Finest tell there sons to stay put and to watch the action on TV. Damien being the resentful, cocky little bastard that he is peer pressures Jon into flying them in for front row seats. Obviously they think they can take anything their old dads can handle!!

Part of being a teen/pre-teen is that sense of reckless fearlessness. I want to see those two bite off more than they can chew on a regular basis.

Being the sons of SUPERMAN and BATMAN I'm certain that will happen more often than not. Imagine if lex or joker find out who they are? They probably won't deal with big boy villains too often though, should still be amazing.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Action Comics was WAY BETTER than Superman #1 IMO