Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

SQUADRON SUPREME #1

(W) James Robinson (A) Leonard Kirk (CA) Alex Ross

They're each the sole survivor of a lost Earth and they'll do anything to protect this one, whether you like it or not. The Squadron Supreme -- comprising Hyperion (Avengers), Nighthawk (Supreme Power), Dr. Spectrum (the Great Society), Blur (DP7) and Power Princess -- are a team that doesn't ask permission or what the rules are. To them all that matters is the safety of Earth and if you stand in the way...that's your problem! Tell that to the Squadron's first target -- Namor, destroyer of Dr. Spectrum's homeworld, who will have to pay for his crimes...but at what cost to the people of Atlantis.

Rated T+

Item Code: OCT150783In Shops: 12/16/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I can't believe they're killing off such a great character, and for what? To make these no-names look credible? What a joke.

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

soo they are going just after Namor and not whole Illuminati?Dumb logic right there

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah if they're gonna go after Namor then the rest of the Illuminati shouldn't be safe from them either honestly.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ThanosIsMad

Well, the Illuminati has the Black Panther; one threat at a time folks.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segenis said:

soo they are going just after Namor and not whole Illuminati?Dumb logic right there

Yeah if they're gonna go after Namor then the rest of the Illuminati shouldn't be safe from them either honestly.

The rest of the Illuminati didn't actually destroy any planets. They realized they couldn't go through with it and Namor took over and then went and joined villains to destroy more planets.

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

When I first heard about this I was pretty interested as I liked Hickman's Hyperion, but with this nonsense going on it has become a hard pass. I love me some Namor and to see him thrown away in this manor is just such a horrible disappointment. Giving the rest of the self righteous illuminati a pass as well is even more disappointing, but Black Panther and company are special snowflakes.

panther21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i can't wait to read this in tpb.

RaunJisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: But they did keep the situation in the same state by keeping the whole thing to themselves, preventing newer solutions to be reached and placing the fate of the multiverse in their own hands. Really only Doom saved anyone and even then that isn't really going well for him right now. Either way I guess I just don't like Namor being in this position because while he has always been a jerk, he's never been pure evil or anything. Now I don't know.

TrionAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hickman's Hyperion is badass though

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love me some Squadron, but I'm confused about why Thundra is there

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, Please, kill that dumbfish of Namor and clean the New Marvel Universe from his stupid arrogance...

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Namor is simply one of the best characters in Marvel. This is stupid.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segenis:Maybe that is the point. At first they think only Namor is to blame. Then they kill him and find out there were others, the Illuminati. And go after them. Suddenly they are public enemies after Iron Man and Beast and other Avengers.

I have been looking forward to this for a long time, every time Leonard Kirk updates his social media with rough art from this it looks awesome!

Supreme_Maj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep Yep Yep at last the squadron Supreme in mainstream except they going to kill one of my best character Marvel what is wrong with you? Not Namor where is the Defender to help him out?

ThorOdinson24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well Hyperion will get his own book in 2016.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

I cannot wait

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: yeah but still,they fought Great Society

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Can't wait

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segenis said:

@dondave: yeah but still,they fought Great Society

That's not something they're going to get killed over. They just beat them up, it was Dr Strange who killed them and by that time he was getting ready to join the Black Priests and destroy other planets.

Kennethmaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are they going to hunt the whole illumaniti theyre not taking down hulk black bolt and strange

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I will pick it up but so conflicted on this..Love anything to do with the Squadron, but dislike Namor has to take the fall for the stuff the Illuminati did, especially when Namor was the only one with the guts to do what they all gathered to do in the first place.

Either the rest of the Illuminati has to answer for what they did, or the remaining members of the Cabal have to get dealt with, it was not just Namor ( who would be a great for this team by the way)

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Throne of Atlantis huh.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for germancomicidiot
GermanComicIdiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let´s kill one of the first superheroes and most important pre civil war story partiscpants, to promote these lunatics with an Superman- Copy as their only real threat. Hyperion was so much cooler as Thros Bro, with beard and long hair.

lebefrei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it's cool that so many other teams now have a pretty powerful super team they'll have to face. I personally don't mind Namor's death; I recognize his historical importance, but he hasn't been the most beloved character. This is comics, if there is enough call for it he'll come back. If not... no one really cared anyway.

As far as going after the Illuminati goes, though, that puts them up against a lot of different powers. This gives the X-Men, the Inhumans, The Avengers, Strange, and the new team The Ultimates (probably their greatest challenge at this point with Sentry missing) all an adversary. And this team has the power to back that threat up.

elam1999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really don't care about namor being killed. Didn't really like that asshole anyways

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_stegman  Moderator

I don't like Namor, but having him killed by the Faux JL is mean.

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By omarthmainman

@lone_wolf_and_cub Does it bother you that this issue reminds me of a story I read? Plus from what I see it looks like they're on land.

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This can't come out fast enough.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can't wait.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I first heard about this I was pretty interested as I liked Hickman's Hyperion, but with this nonsense going on it has become a hard pass. I love me some Namor and to see him thrown away in this manor is just such a horrible disappointment. Giving the rest of the self righteous illuminati a pass as well is even more disappointing, but Black Panther and company are special snowflakes.

But don't you hear ? Black Panther has a new group now that change cosmic entities from what they suppose to be ! Balance of the universe be damned if he can help it ! Soo not much changed there...

Also I can totally see this team becoming an evil threat in the future. I don't know why they are in our earth and why they haven't sent back to their own universes ( as much as we know, things might've changed but universes came back, right ? ). Frankly, if anything, they should just focus on the real reason that incursions happened if they wanted someone to blame. The Beyonders and they are gone ( at least I hope they are because the whole thing was BS. )

So we are here to watch another self-rightous group , taking out characters Marvel do not want to use. Poor Namor.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

The Squadron Supreme certainly looks similar to DC comics characters from Earth 3.

hercuthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock: yeah I'd rather donkey kick myself than read the Special Snowflake Force aka the Ultimates. The irony of the Squadron Supreme deciding on there own that Namor of all people must die is hilariously hypocrtical of them as that's what they are condemning him to death for.

Namor tried to save us all while the other limp wristed members of the illuminati gave up and condemned us al the die.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93 said:

I can't believe they're killing off such a great character, and for what? To make these no-names look credible? What a joke.

Agreed, stupid, waste of time

Who's Thundra? Name rings a bell but I can't remember her?

Let´s kill one of the first superheroes and most important pre civil war story partiscpants, to promote these lunatics with an Superman- Copy as their only real threat. Hyperion was so much cooler as Thros Bro, with beard and long hair.

Never read that line, but it is an outrage how Marvel's first mutant and (I think) one of its first superheroes, is dying at the hands of a bunch of DC parodies.

Much prefer the old Earth-712 Squadron being in an independent universe. It was like Injustice, or even a bit like Civil War, but decades earlier. I liked the idea of Earth-31916 as an 'Ultimate' take on 712, but in practice it ended up as a load of convoluted rubbish. Considering the Earth-712 run was one of the first superhero arcs I read rather than watched, I'd prefer the memory of the Squadron Supreme to stay dead in a Marvel continuity that lacks alternate universes. I'd prefer Squadron Sinister to pop up as Avengers antagonists every few years than have a stupid Squadron Supreme series that lacks none of the original character and leads to the assassination of loads of historic Marvel characters (this is presuming that they kill Namor and take on the other Illuminati members individually, which seems to be the direction of the series).

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is she Power Princess instead of Warrior Woman?

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Kid_Omega_Prime

@sprior93 said:

Agreed, stupid, waste of time

@butters911 said:

Who's Thundra? Name rings a bell but I can't remember her?

@germancomicidiot said:

Never read that line, but it is an outrage how Marvel's first mutant and (I think) one of its first superheroes, is dying at the hands of a bunch of DC parodies.

Much prefer the old Earth-712 Squadron being in an independent universe. It was like Injustice, or even a bit like Civil War, but decades earlier. I liked the idea of Earth-31916 as an 'Ultimate' take on 712, but in practice it ended up as a load of convoluted rubbish. Considering the Earth-712 run was one of the first superhero arcs I read rather than watched, I'd prefer the memory of the Squadron Supreme to stay dead in a Marvel continuity that lacks alternate universes. I'd prefer Squadron Sinister to pop up as Avengers antagonists every few years than have a stupid Squadron Supreme series that lacks none of the original character and leads to the assassination of loads of historic Marvel characters (this is presuming that they kill Namor and take on the other Illuminati members individually, which seems to be the direction of the series).

this sucks... looks like marvel did it again. when will it stop ?

Avatar image for germancomicidiot
GermanComicIdiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is it even possible for a hand full of heroes who aren´t THIS strong, to destroy Atlantis and to kill Namor?

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So am I the only one who caught that they used the same planet destruction page as the one from Beta Ray Bill God hunter?

Here is the one being used for Squadron Supreme.

No Caption Provided

Here is the original from Beta Ray Bill's series.

No Caption Provided

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Mark_Stephen

It would be nice to see some sort of justice for the worlds that Namor murdered, but I don't think it'll happen. Marvel isn't big on justice and I'm sure aside from some lumps and maybe the death of a few atlanteans he'll walk away from this just like Tony walked away from cw, Dr. Strange walked away from his own set of murders and so on. I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was some hint of justice in all of this, but again this is marvel. I doubt the writers can even spell the word correctly and even in Namor dies we all know that won't last long.

spidersparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By spidersparrow

I am going to buy it but I'm left feeling depressed. I had such high hopes but it's like they don't care especially when it seemed like it was going to be a flagship series. Here are my concerns:

1. Why is Thundra part of SS? Is she a recurring character? If not, are there going to be two wonder woman pastiches?

2. How and why did the Blur (Jeff) suddenly get braided hair?

3. Wasn't "Power Princess" supposed to be Warrior Woman from the Squadron Sinister series? I mean apart from the new hair do and costume, it looks like Warrior Woman. Don't remember Zarda from Earth-712 using a weapon like that.

Excerpt from Den of Geek preview

Warrior Woman: The first version of Squadron Supreme ever introduced in comics was the Squadron Sinister, a series of dark versions created to fight the Avengers. Those guys didn’t have their own Wonder Woman archetype, but one alternate universe surely did. Currently, those villainous folk are starring in the Secret Wars tie-inSquadron Sinister, which includes Zarda, otherwise known as Warrior Woman. She’s shown to be romantically involved with her world’s doomed Hyperion and has a strong distrust for men. If she’s the sole survivor, then it looks like that tie-in is going to have some real fireworks.

Link: http://www.denofgeek.us/books-comics/squadron-supreme/247273/squadron-supreme-1-to-assemble-this-fall

4. The author and editors are taking the lazy way out. There is a FREAKING typo on pg 2 in the Dr. Spectrum panel. WTF? Do they expect us to take them seriously? The series was announced in June and they've had ample time to make it as close to perfect as possible. Furthermore what are editors for? Second, as previously pointed out that earth was re-used from Beta Ray Bill.

Again I'm a huge Squadron fan (haven't read the earlier stuff from the 70s/80s) and will probably buy it, but it's not looking good. I was initially unsure of Robinson being the writer and this all but confirms it. I'd rather the writer be JMS, Remender, etc. At least the art is good (still don't get Thundra on the cover especially if she's not appearing in issue 1). Rant over

Avantar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sprior93: Actually it makes perfect sense with the direction Marvel is taking. They end the Fantastic Four spurring the thought they are doing so in order to force the movie rights to be turned back over. Then the start the exile of the X-men to outside the normal Marvel Universe and kill the movie related toy sales. Now they go after Namor, whom they also do not have the movie rights to and is a large part of the Fantastic Four.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@trionace said:

Hickman's Hyperion is badass though

Hickmans everything is badass

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So am I the only one who caught that they used the same planet destruction page as the one from Beta Ray Bill God hunter?

Here is the one being used for Squadron Supreme.

No Caption Provided

Here is the original from Beta Ray Bill's series.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided