Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

SPIDER-GWEN #6

(W) Jason Latour (A/CA) Robbi Rodriguez

• THE FIRST ARC OF RADIOACTIVE SPIDER-GWEN REACHES ITS CONCLUSION!

• CAPTAIN AMERICA JOINS FORCES WITH SPIDER-GWEN AGAIN TO TAKE DOWN THE GREEN GOBLIN!

Rated T

Item Code: JAN160847In Shops: 3/9/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Figgs216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

Oh no a Captain America that's black and a woman can't wait for people to bitch about this

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@figgs216 said:

Oh no a Captain America that's black and a woman can't wait for people to bitch about this

Oh Yeah. Grab the popcorn, this is gonna be a big one.

KingKaijuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@figgs216 said:

Maybe if we beat them to it, they'll feel satisfied and go elsewhere. I've seen enough to replicate it pretty well, ahem:

- This new Captain America feels forced.
- SJW's are ruining comics with another failed attempt at diversity.
- Why can't they leave perfectly fine characters alone?
- I have no problem with more diverse heroes, but why can't they just make new ones?
- Ugh, how long until cap is normal again?
- I'm not racist but---
- Marvel needs to stop pandering to feminists!
- But if they made Black Panther white, they'd scream racism!

Bonus Round:

- The art sucks because it looks like it was drawn in a way to not upset women.
- Marvels new artists are so amateur because they don't include overly detailed panels without focal points and lots of black!

- Leave it to political correctness to make a character as least sexy as possible!

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CaptainRex

@captainrex said:
@figgs216 said:

Maybe if we beat them to it, they'll feel satisfied and go elsewhere. I've seen enough to replicate it pretty well, ahem:

- This new Captain America feels forced.

- SJW's are ruining comics with another failed attempt at diversity.

- Why can't they leave perfectly fine characters alone?

- I have no problem with more diverse heroes, but why can't they just make new ones?

- Ugh, how long until cap is normal again?

- I'm not racist but---

- Marvel needs to stop pandering to feminists!

- But if they made Black Panther white, they'd scream racism!

Bonus Round:

- The art sucks because it looks like it was drawn in a way to not upset women.

- Marvels new artists are so amateur because they don't include overly detailed panels without focal points and lots of black!

- Leave it to political correctness to make a character as least sexy as possible!

Oh thats good. I think you got them all.

But really they shouldn't have anything to complain about since this takes place in an Alternate Dimension. In New Avengers there an Avengers team from the future where Daniel Cage (Luke and Jessicas daughter) Is Captain America, and I haven't heard anything from that.

Or heck even the Hispanic Female Captain America from 2099?

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This looks interesting. Is this still an alternate universe? I haven't seen this in my local shops lately so I haven't really thought about it much. I liked her in Spider-Verse though.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: Yes, it's an alternate universe, but she regularly visits the "prime" Marvel U too, hence why Jessica makes an appearance. She's sort of taken Gwen on as a protégé.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: And a future shown in All-New Hawkeye suggests that America Chavez takes up the mantle as well. That's a Captain America that's female, Hispanic, AND gay. I think I just made Rush Limbaugh's head melt.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spitfirepanda: Yes, it's an alternate universe, but she regularly visits the "prime" Marvel U too, hence why Jessica makes an appearance. She's sort of taken Gwen on as a protégé.

Is Gwen a substitute for Anya Corazon then, Jess's previous sidekick who left with Spider-UK after Spider-Verse (the duo expanded after Secret Wars to become the Web Warriors team)? Though there is a bit of a continuity issue with Jess's crossovers right now, as her whole post-Secret Wars storyline has shown her pregnant and in space.

johnnyyy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i want that variant but it'll probably be like $50

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamesSpiring: Not necessarily one could assume that her appearances in this book, when not in flashback, take place either A) before she got pregnant or B) before the baby bump started showing excusing its absence.

CaptainRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainrex: And a future shown in All-New Hawkeye suggests that America Chavez takes up the mantle as well. That's a Captain America that's female, Hispanic, AND gay. I think I just made Rush Limbaugh's head melt.

Captain America is meant to represent all things American. Dosent it kinda make sense that the name should also represent its people. Steve may represent the Ideals of America, but its nice to see some alternate versions that represent the people aswell.

sickko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stop complaining, Iron Man in 2099 was a midget... Spider-Gwen it's actually a cool read

kid Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who is that Captain America? i couldnt think of any character around Peter/Gwen's age that fit the build

hiimsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't Robbi Rodriguez dropped from the artwork on this? The past two issues had a different artist, didn't they? Like seriously, I have been pretty tired of Robbi Rodriguez's artworks for a while now, but because the comic sells well, they keep him on.

DrThanos91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

@captainrex: OMG I reread that list and thats all see here on this site now and articles on facebook relating to comics,you guys hit the nail on the head!!!!! yall are my heroes!! I'm gonna try to screen cap that list to use for the future

CoRo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingkaijuice: I understand ur concern. But we have to remember that Norman O who killed Gwen came back before she did. albeit in a different universe for Gwen. That sets a bad example since villains can come back before good guys. I don't feel that Spider- Gwen is ruining comics. Many people liked Gwen over Mary Jane before she died.Thus, Gwen should have came back. Black captain america is fine with me if she can overcome her tokenness and excel. Do u like Teen Titans, though cuz here's a contest for you. http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/battles-7/teen-titans-march-madness-1772871/ .

KingKaijuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@coro: I think you replied to the wrong person! My comment was satirical.

Jumdor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jumdor

I have no issue with the idea of black, woman, or either of those two things being Captain America. I have an issue with her costume. Pick a combination here people. Scale/padded armour chest piece whichever that is supposed to be, digital camo pants, dark red gloves, and finally pink eye protection. Oh and throw in some off white fur around her neck?

I mean it's the whole trying to blend the new with the old. It's ugly. Spider Gwen at least has the whole modernized look about her. This cap is kind of a "We don't care just get a woman who's black in there as cap. Do it quick!"

Personally I don't think they should have shown her eyes. Match the colour to her gloves and keep a certain amount of lethality to the look. Have the pants synch up with the chest piece and your done. The fur or hoodie whatever give or take I feel it needs removal. Brown, white, red, blue, and be done.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By Stahlflamme

@sparty_dbq said:

Well, the problem there is that she is a horrible character all by herself... and her minority status is literally the only thing people bring up as defense for her, but too bad she is build out of stereotypes.