Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

LEGENDARY STAR-LORD #1

(W) Sam Humphries (A) Paco Medina (CA) Steve McNiven

From the pages of GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY!

A brand new series from SAM HUMPHRIES and PACO MEDINA! In this exciting first issue, Peter Quill battles the Badoon, fights to save an orphanage, and still finds time for some flirting with Kitty Pryde--but it's all in a day's work for the STAR-LORD!

Item Code: MAY140804In Shops: 7/2/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Aeroman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I might get this

Avatar image for twix_right_side
Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'm not knocking the book (in no way),but CHRIST each of the movie designs are HORRENDOUS

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This book looks great and has a fun feel too it, like a "cosmic Hawkeye" if that makes any sense. (Maybe I'm just missing Fraction's Hawkeye, I dunno) And this is one of the few times that all the variant covers look awesome! I'm also digging the movie look much more than I thought I would- it makes sense with the whole "cosmic gun-slinger" vibe.

Spence1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy they took the movie design on this one. It's better than that yellow and blue thing he had going on.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

@twix_right_side: I Love the movie design, it the next best thing to his Annihilation gear.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twix_Right_Side

@jonny_anonymous said:

@twix_right_side: I Love the movie design, it the next best thing to his Annihilation gear.

I don't know,perhaps it's the art.

I mean,I like Rocket's movie design (although perhaps this is because I just prefer the comic designs),but I like the armor that Star Lord wore at the beginning of Marvel NOW that was reminiscent of his older look.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

I mean,I like Rocket's movie design (although perhaps this is because I just prefer the comic designs),but I like the armor that Star Lord wore at the beginning of Marvel NOW that was reminiscent of his older look.

I hated that look with all my heart

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

lol why? XD

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@twix_right_side said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

lol why? XD

It's just so bad looking, it's like "what if Commander Shepard was a carnival worker". The Annihilation gear was Star Lord's best look and the movie gear is a natural evolution of that.

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@twix_right_side said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

@twix_right_side said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

lol why? XD

It's just so bad looking, it's like "what if Commander Shepard was a carnival worker". The Annihilation gear was Star Lord's best look and the movie gear is a natural evolution of that.

Fair enough. I loved his annihilation look,too.

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

So many variant covers.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Sam Humphries' writing? I mean I love Star-Lord but will this guy do him justice?

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How is Sam Humphries' writing? I mean I love Star-Lord but will this guy do him justice?

He can be hit or miss. I heard that he was "miss" on Uncanny X-Force, but man oh man, was he "hit" on Avengers A.I. That series is the reason why I'm willing to give any series of his a chance.

The_Scourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince said:

He can be hit or miss. I heard that he was "miss" on Uncanny X-Force, but man oh man, was he "hit" on Avengers A.I. That series is the reason why I'm willing to give any series of his a chance.

Alright thanks man! I guess I might as well give it a shot!

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fresh_prince said:

I liked his Uncanny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453
deactivated-5d9fc01f2e453

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the movie costume. I love the Marvel NOW space armor. Why can't we have both? Why can't we get the awesome red trench coat when Peter is flying solo, and the kick as space suit when he's with the Guardians. It makes more sense, it fits the look of the current incarnation of the team much better than the red and is more practical for a team is space commandos. Can't we have our cake and eat it too?

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Less than enamored with the costume, but that artttttttttttt

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess I'm maybe allowed to say that I've read this? It's really really good. I wasn't sure if we really needed a Star-Lord solo but this issue sold me on the possibilities.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

I guess I'm maybe allowed to say that I've read this? It's really really good. I wasn't sure if we really needed a Star-Lord solo but this issue sold me on the possibilities.

That's really exciting to hear! With this creative team, I'm really looking forward to the series debut next week.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CaptainHoopla

Definitely picking this up, but it needs to be a home run in this first issue to keep me onboard. Too many good books out now to be patient.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maddpanda531: You'll want to listen to this week's Invincibly Super Massive Comic Book Podcast of Stuff.

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@maddpanda531: You'll want to listen to this week's Invincibly Super Massive Comic Book Podcast of Stuff.

Looks like I know what I'm doing this week

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By daredevil21134

The Annihilation gear is my favorite and i've started reading reading Annihilation and I have to say I still find the movie version a little over the top in it's characterization of Star Lord.But i'm thinking it's to make it more enjoyable since Marvel is taking a big risk with the movie,anyways I can't wait to read this

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

The Annihilation gear is my favorite and i've started reading reading Annihilation and I have to say I still find the movie version a little over the top in it's characterization of Star Lord.But i'm thinking it's to make it more enjoyable since Marvel is taking a big risk with the movie,anyways I can't wait to read this

It's really not

Twix_Right_Side

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

It's really not

You know,Jonny,you actually changed my perspective of the movie design. I think I can actually see it now as a nice transition of the Annihilation design (my favorite Star Lord design).

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By daredevil21134

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

It's really not

Well that's the feeling I get when I read it