Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

No Caption Provided

JUSTICE LEAGUE #42

(W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Jason Fabok

The epic "Darkseid War" event storyline continues with the critically acclaimed team of Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok! As Darkseid and the Anti-Monitor maneuver toward inevitable war, Wonder Woman leads the Justice League against a force that holds the answers on how to stop it - but the price might be Batman's soul! Meanwhile, Mister Miracle faces off against a mysterious hero who has been fighting in the shadows for decades!

Item Code: MAY150127In Shops: 7/15/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Was't Steppenwolf dead?)

wmarshal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweet...

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@rubear:Yeah brutal Superman killed him. I guess he came back some how.

Avatar image for pperspectiveandreality
Pperspectiveandreality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

I really loved the idea of the different types of mother boxes what with making the one (I forget who owned it) into a knife.

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amazing. Also Steppenwolf is alive? Maybe Darkseid resurrected him or he was able to reincarnate himself hence the longer beard.

jas0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My gosh, Jason Fabok is by far the best artist on comics right now, this comic is astounding

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really loved the idea of the different types of mother boxes what with making the one (I forget who owned it) into a knife.

Kanto

Avatar image for thecowwasdelirious
thecowwasdelirious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I love the religious aspects of Darkseid's society. Religious power is one of the most powerful forces known to man, which i think is what that last page really echoes with the Steppenwolf guy starting to ask questions, only to be shut down by Skeletor's zealousy.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@omarthmainman said:

Amazing. Also Steppenwolf is alive? Maybe Darkseid resurrected him or he was able to reincarnate himself hence the longer beard.

Probably something like that, I imagine it's much much harder to kill any of Darkseid's soldiers then other beings.

@jas0 said:

My gosh, Jason Fabok is by far the best artist on comics right now, this comic is astounding

He's probably the perfect artist for this story.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks great.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeeeah... how is Steppenwolf alive again?

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Faboks art, its the best!

MaxSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid is so imposing! Its beautiful! I'm like literately afraid of what he will do lol

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@jas0 said:

He sure does make Darkseid even more menacing and badass.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I love the art and writing of this book Jason Fabok and Geoff Johns should write a Fourth World book even if its just 6 issues. Darkseid looks so awesome and love Steppenwolf's beard. I hope one day we see New Gods vs Old Gods (Olympians, titans, Egyptian gods, Norse gods etc.)

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeeeeah... how is Steppenwolf alive again?

@rubear said:

Was't Steppenwolf dead?)

New Gods are immortal, no? They can die, but they'll be revived.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Superguy1591

Geoff is killing it!

War is here!

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny over in Superman/Wonder Woman none of them would have any trouble at all with Clark.

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JTMac005

This is shaping up to be the best arc on New 52 JL. Geoff Johns and Jason Fabok are Jedi Masters!

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This Looks interesting

Nheritor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking that superman's collar is getting shorter with each issue.

Avatar image for originalalchemist
originalalchemist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really the only book from DC I'm excited about, and for great reason!

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I predict that Mr. Miracle will play a very pivotal role in this and at the conclusion, Geoff Johns will be writing a Mr. Miracle ongoing monthly series.

_ANDY_CAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One Question where's Orion?

worldFlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tensor: This is just a hypothesis, not even that really, but what if it is someone else disguised as Steppenwolf? That could explain why he is questioning Darksied and asking so many questions. Also, I don't believe anyone has heard of Steppenwolf dying on Earth on Apokolips.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Steppenwolf looks sick!!

Avatar image for cloudzackvincent
cloudzackvincent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_andy_can: what does that even mean? New Genesis is not involved in tbe conflic yet, its not certain if they will. Going by your logic, where is Highfather, where is Lightray, where is Lady Shadowfall, where are the rest of Highfather's inner circle

MachoMustachio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@superguy1591: I think everyone is thinking of Earth 2, where Steppenwolf died

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@machomustachio: There is only one Steppenwolf; The New Gods can transverse through dimensions. They don't belong to any of the 52 universes; Apokalips and New Genisis exist outside of the multiverse.

New Gods are immortal--they can die, but they'll be reborn if they're not killed by Raidon.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By entropy_aegis

Lame issue,nothing happens beyond recapping what already happened and teasing what we already know. And Geoff we know you've found appreciation for Wonder Woman but do some goddamn research on Metron too before you use the character,he's already butchering the New Gods. The whole arc is lame,the premise is just 2 cosmic beings punching each other while Johns fanboys cheer on as if they're reading a masterpiece.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Read it.

I felt unsatisfied. Nothing happens that wasn't revealed in the solicits so there wasn't anything exciting. And there was so much recapping. It isn't necessary considering this is just issue 2.

Anyway great art but this wasn't worth one months wait :P

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117: they will probably explain it just like how they explain bullets piercing Lex armour

CalvinRod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent. I need read this.

DogSoldier88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Best part.. The Bat God!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By entropy_aegis

@dogsoldier88: It was dumb,there no journey or arc,he just becomes one because Hal told Diana Metron was nothing without the chair so she kicked him out and Batman took his place. So much for Godhood and omniscience.

Johns is a hack,thank God for Bryan Hitch and Bruce Timm that we can turn to them for actually good JLA material. This whole arc is just taking threads Morrison introduced in JLA and FC.

vinomonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Feels like another set up.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HolySerpent

@entropy_aegis: What are you complaining about? Darkseid Wars isn't about how Batman becomes a New God.This arch is centered on Wonder Woman and Mister Miracle, that's what Johns promised us, that what we got in this issue.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking what I see.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: What are you complaining about? Darkseid Wars isn't about how Batman becomes a New God.This arch is centered on Wonder Woman and Mister Miracle, that's what Johns promised us, that what we got in this issue.

It's a JL book not Diana and Mr Miracle, the latter is not even a JL member. But regardless I dont care who the book centers around,that's Johns style,I dont like it but I've learned to live with it. A development as big as Metron getting replaced(doesn't matter who replaces him) deserves some more depth and substance. All I saw was "lol lets kick him off the chair,easy peasy muahahaha I'm a God" that was some of the most asinine writing I've ever seen.

Avatar image for megaginsengking
MegaGinsengKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sure

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By HolySerpent

@entropy_aegis: Metron was never written to my knowledge as a powerful being or a fighter. And an issue #40 he was shown to get knock off the chair by Darkseid daughter. So I don't know why would they build up a story of Metron losing the chair when it wasn't his to begin with since Anti-monitor had it before him.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mysoulz

This issue was just meh. And the whole "Batgod" scene just looked stupid if you ask me. And Bruce finds out the Joker's identity...

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Metron was never written to my knowledge as a powerful being or a fighter. And an issue #40 he was shown to get knock off the chair by Darkseid daughter. So I don't know why would they build up a story of Metron losing the chair when it wasn't his to begin with since Anti-monitor had it before him.

Precisely,Johns has no clue what he's doing, why would AM have Metron's chair? and Darkseid's lame daughter? someone needs to geoffcon this shit fast.

They didn't have to build up a story of Metron losing his chair,but a God of knowledge and intelligence should have atleast enough sense to prevent himself from being de seated.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:

This issue was just meh. And the whole "Batgod" scene just looked stupid if you ask me. And Bruce finds out the Joker's identity...

It's Johns

izbighulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that is good about it is the art, I mean seriously the way Grail defeated the justice league in issue 1 made them look like bunch of newbies that fought for the first time. Dont get me started on the plot hole of Grail hurting Metron while Anti-Monitor couldnt do it then this dethroning of Metron.......its like the guy has no personal shields

DogSoldier88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought Bruce finding out Joker's identity was an awesome setup for a future story. The fact that he was startled by the revelation already tells you that it isn't a run-of-the-mill criminal, but rather someone with whom he's likely acquainted at present or in the past. This piece of information is too awesome to reveal to the fans in this issue, and will assuredly play out in some other story arc.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By HolySerpent

@entropy_aegis said:
@holyserpent said:

Precisely,Johns has no clue what he's doing, why would AM have Metron's chair? and Darkseid's lame daughter? someone needs to geoffcon this shit fast.

They didn't have to build up a story of Metron losing his chair,but a God of knowledge and intelligence should have atleast enough sense to prevent himself from being de seated.

I am absolutlly positive this is not the end of Metron, i bet money he plained this.

No Caption Provided

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only thing that is good about it is the art, I mean seriously the way Grail defeated the justice league in issue 1 made them look like bunch of newbies that fought for the first time. Dont get me started on the plot hole of Grail hurting Metron while Anti-Monitor couldnt do it then this dethroning of Metron.......its like the guy has no personal shields

Dont even get me started on Grail's Omega Beams destroying Diana's bracelets but Darkseid's getting casually deflected and Myrina's ridiculous motivation and master plan.