Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #4

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) David Marquez

Tony is knee deep in trouble from enemies both old and new. But here comes MARY JANE WATSON AND HIS WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN!

Rated T+

Item Code: OCT150734In Shops: 12/2/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

RageEx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Okay, as cheesy as it is, that new swordsman armor is really cool

gamiz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tonys new armor looks like the shredder

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gamiz7: That's certainly not a bad thing.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

@gamiz7 said:

tonys new armor looks like the shredder

So we shouldn't be surprised if all of this ends in pizza or in the sewers.

emers109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That is pretty sick.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e73a0365070
deactivated-57e73a0365070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been really liking this series so far.

Materiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I've loathed Iron Man for the past 8 years, this has been my favorite ANAD book.

Ethan_Ricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if I've ever seen anything so stupid/cheesy, but so inexplicably awesome at the same time.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That cover just rustle my jimmies.

And wtf, samurai Stark? Hahaha

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Every new issue, Brian and Marquez just find a way to show off Iron-Man's new armour and been hella out of good time and hope the Feb solicits just state Mike Deodato will be around just for few issues. He's good but I've been enjoying David Marquez's art too much.

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SAMURAI STARK FTW

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love this series hahha its awesome

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

David Marquez has been my favorite artist since he took over ultimate Spiderman. Really hoping he comes back to this so i don't have to add whatever he does next to my pull list. Its already to big.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

They are really trolling Parker x Jane fans with these covers. Stay classy Marvel.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I don't know if I've ever seen anything so stupid/cheesy, but so inexplicably awesome at the same time.

Its called pacific rim.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rageex2 said:

Okay, as cheesy as it is, that new swordsman armor is really cool

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea, antagonize more people with covers like that. That will help the title ! ... Just stick to making good stories marvel... %90 of the time, the changes you make turns awful as hell . People in glass houses.

Otherwise , does Tony's armor give him the actual skills for weapons ? I mean sure he can use a sword but using it THAT confident with his skill ? I never saw Tony that way O.o I am worried that new armor will be used to explain everything '' Oh he can do that now cause new armor '' :D

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll admit, when I initially saw the new suit, I was underwhelmed, but I'm really liking it now. And the upgrades/capabilities? That black stealth suit and the samurai reconfiguration? Sick.

Egie_Asemota1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man! DAMN! I never thought i would be reading Iron Man comics but once I heard Bendis and Marquez were one this, I was convinced and I am so happy I was. Bendis has such a good way with Solo titles and his down-to-earth style of writing really blends comedic, action and drama together so well.

Spydey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But...why?

1. When did he become proficient in kendo and 2; why? Why would his armour take on this appearance? Has Tony ever shown to wear anything like this? I'm just confused as to function of the appearance. Like I said, if Cho--someone who's a bit geeky and such--became the new Iron Man like I had hoped, I could see him doing something like this. For Tony it's just....weird to me. Idk.

Supi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Οne of the best ANAD Marvel series...I can't wait for the second title international Iron Man!!

At least the don't change my second favorite character to replace him with someone else....

withoutfear512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the first time since the Fraction run that I'm REALLY enjoying Iron Man. People like to give Benids s**t but he's killing it so far on this. Not to mention David Marquez's gorgeous art.

Spider-ManWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

looks terrible

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah, so Tony is gonna add Mary Jane to his list of conquered women.

darthdeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now this is what ironman should be

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

That first cover is just obnoxious. Screw you bendis.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock: i imagine it's kinda like the matrix where it was downloaded into him/the armor.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

While I don't like the whole Stark/MJ romance too much, I will say that Samurai armor looks awesome.

Cerridwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That first cover is just obnoxious. Screw you bendis.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes sense. He can't beat them in agility so he goes for defensive counters... Like a samurai.

Also, why are yall assuming Mary Jane will be a romance? He is clearly into the new character. Why would you assume that?

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I would buy this issue for that variant cover alone.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

he actually did have a Samurai armor in the 90s cartoon. he never actually used it, but still...

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It makes sense. He can't beat them in agility so he goes for defensive counters... Like a samurai.

Also, why are yall assuming Mary Jane will be a romance? He is clearly into the new character. Why would you assume that?

Because this is marvel, he's Tony Stark and Bendis is writing him. Wanda goes insane, Tigra folds, Iceman goes gay... The man is incapable of writing a series without angering fans by abusing at least one character per title and since the Spider-Man books have tossed MJ away she's pretty disposable right now. If they won't stuff her into a fridge making her another notch on Tony's bed is the next best thing.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: It just doesn't make sense to do that after building on another romance and it is pretty clear he wants to write a different Stark. Hickman made him too dark and disturbed. Fraction dug deep into his insecurities.

Iceman going gay isn't a bad thing. Things change.

My problem with Bendis is more with his bigger casts. He has the mentality that everyone should have a say about the situation and drags on via his dialogue. His DD run and Ultimate SpiderMan (Peter and Miles) are awesome solo series. Tony Stark will be okay and so will MJ. Watch.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Samurai look is cool and all, but does anyone else get the feeling that he shouldn't need to morph/form an extra layer of Samurai crap just to hang with a bunch of nameless fodder ninjas? I mean really, this guy doesn't care about consistency in power levels at all does he?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@tony_shark said:

@mark_stephen: It just doesn't make sense to do that after building on another romance and it is pretty clear he wants to write a different Stark. Hickman made him too dark and disturbed. Fraction dug deep into his insecurities.

Iceman going gay isn't a bad thing. Things change.

My problem with Bendis is more with his bigger casts. He has the mentality that everyone should have a say about the situation and drags on via his dialogue. His DD run and Ultimate SpiderMan (Peter and Miles) are awesome solo series. Tony Stark will be okay and so will MJ. Watch.

It doesn't have to be a romance, just a night in bed. I don't mind change, but I simply point out that angering at least a small minority of fans is part of what Bendis and marvel do and further I believe that they enjoy doing it. Making Tony a villain angered and alienated me, now I just don't see him as anything but a successful super villain with good pr. There are some -few I'll grant you but I am among them- that don't like the way MJ was treated and still do not like the OMD/BND storyline and those are the fans that Bendis will want to take a shot at. Throwing MJ and Tony into bed is the way I believe he'll chose to do that. It'll complicated Tony's romance, generate controversy and publicity around the title and marvel knows that the anger that will be expressed about it on the net will have zero affect on the sales. There's no downside for them. What Tony did to Jen cost him nothing in terms of fans or anger and the character of Jen is written now as being ok with it.

What it comes down to is at marvel as far as Tony goes women are good for only a few things and based on how Bendis treated Tigra and Wanda I can easily see him buying into that attitude. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I'll be surprised if Tony doesn't at least try to get MJ drunk and into bed.

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Stark's Samurai armour is really cool.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Nice. I'm loving the series. I appreciate that they gave him a pose with special effects in the Samurai armor.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he actually did have a Samurai armor in the 90s cartoon. he never actually used it, but still...

When did it show up?

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: i remember one scene where Mandarin watches a clip show of Iron Man's recent upgrades, but that's it. I didn't see too much of the show.