Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

GWENPOOL #10

No Caption Provided

(W) Christopher Hastings (A) Gurihiru (CA) Stacey Lee

• JOIN THE GWENPOOL ARMY!

• Give your all to Gwen for very little appreciation!

• After all - you're probably just an extra created to serve her, right?

Rated T+

NOV160902 In Shops: Jan 18, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Since we all love Gwenpool... What? No one likes her. Marvel please stop turning Gwen into shit characters.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't read the Gwenpool series tbh, but I've seen a handful of scans and I've got to say...Does anyone like her? Thus far, (from a non-reading perspective) it kinda sucks.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, someone like her. I'm with them. Simply accept it.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shinobi62676

@_vex_ said:

I haven't read the Gwenpool series tbh, but I've seen a handful of scans and I've got to say...Does anyone like her? Thus far, (from a non-reading perspective) it kinda sucks.

Let's put it this way. The entire idea of this character comes from a completely cynical place. Spider Gwen is a hit. Spider-Gwen is a hit. Gwenpool $$$$$$$.

That said, the critics I've listened to have found the storytelling to actually be very intriguing. It's for hard me to say but basically the appeal is not so much the character but her situation. And as such, the creative was able to craft something insightful despite the cynical cash grabby reasons for it's existence. Also the GURIHURI art is simply astounding.

Here's some sample reviews to help give you an idea (I made sure the video automatically plays the parts where they are talking about Gwenpool so you don't have to watch the whole thing).

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for victorcheenoanleu
victorcheenoanleu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure there's also something cynical about the idea of thinking something shouldn't exist just cause you don't like it.

blofeld666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's actually funny, in a sense that the only thing they use is the name Gwen, everything else has nothing to do with Gwen Stacy. She's a girl from "our" universe who ends up in the marvel universe... I've read a few issues and while I wouldn't say I love her, I wouldn't go as far to say that I hate her either.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, she have nothing to do with Deadpool, except for a general resembrance in the costume [that is, really, a Pink Hydra Uniform] and the name :)

It' well written, funny, with a good story...

It's actually funny, in a sense that the only thing they use is the name Gwen, everything else has nothing to do with Gwen Stacy. She's a girl from "our" universe who ends up in the marvel universe... I've read a few issues and while I wouldn't say I love her, I wouldn't go as far to say that I hate her either.

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is that a Cable/Doom?

GeekMangacomic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By GeekMangacomic

@g2_:

I actually love Gwenpool. It's a fun series.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BlueHope

Weak humor,Pretty cheap writting and using famous characters names to promote the comic even though the protagonist is not related to them.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bluehope: You pretty much summed up current Marvel

TheWatcherKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

InB4 people hate on the character despite not actually reading the comi-

oh too late.

MKW69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_ said:

Let's put it this way. The entire idea of this character comes from a completely cynical place. Spider Gwen is a hit. Spider-Gwen is a hit. Gwenpool $$$$$$$.

That said, the critics I've listened to have found the storytelling to actually be very intriguing. It's for hard me to say but basically the appeal is not so much the character but her situation. And as such, the creative was able to craft something insightful despite the cynical cash grabby reasons for it's existence. Also the GURIHURI art is simply astounding.

Here's some sample reviews to help give you an idea (I made sure the video automatically plays the parts where they are talking about Gwenpool so you don't have to watch the whole thing).

Kinda like the Lego Movie

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I love this book.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OmyGod! My Eyes!!! My Eyes are burning! I'm blind! I'm blind!!!

[And NOT for Gwenpool cover...]

@mkw69 said:

@shinobi62676: Wimp! You wanna see something really awful here:

@shinobi62676 said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a fun book, and kind of weird to see people gripe about a book some of them admit to not reading. There are plenty of books I don't read, and don't care about because I know others enjoy them.

Also, should this really be said again and again? Character isn't related to Gwen Stacey or Deadpool. The character came to be when Marvel did variant covers for a month showing Gwen Stacey as various heroes. For example they had Gwenom (Gwen Stacey as Venom). Gwenpool was the combo of Gwen Stacey and Deadpool. THAT was the initial inspiration for the character, but since then it has nothing to do with either as this is someone named Gwen Poole, who is someone who reads comics and has all the knowledge of the Marvel Universe (since she's read so many comics) and doesn't really think of the world as real (hence the over the top nature and she thinks whatever happens, she'll come back to life like everyone or a reboot, etc). Her costume is a Hydra outfit. Series is rather fun, nothing serious, and I enjoy it.

MonThackma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't read this but I've been meaning to start. Always loved the art and this cover is rad. It's kindof a middle finger to the dudes who are going to hate it anyway. Thumbs up.

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, yes... there is still hope for the Comic Readers, not all are dumb haters!!! :)

As I've something pointed out: I've readed very good idea, really poorly written, and lame idea, transformed in good reading by good writer. Gwenpool seem the second: a character born by a variant cover with only purpose to satisfy fans request, but written in a good manner and trasformed into a real character, with is own story, enemy, problems and some kind of deep [not an emotional abyss, but neither a stupid comedy].

So I don't understund why people focuses on WHY Gwenpool have been created and not HOW she is written and her story...

I'm usually open minded with new comics, but in this case I was rather doubtfull... but I've readed and I've found this comics fun, interesting and well written. So go on with Gwenpool!

It's a fun book, and kind of weird to see people gripe about a book some of them admit to not reading. There are plenty of books I don't read, and don't care about because I know others enjoy them.

Also, should this really be said again and again? Character isn't related to Gwen Stacey or Deadpool. The character came to be when Marvel did variant covers for a month showing Gwen Stacey as various heroes. For example they had Gwenom (Gwen Stacey as Venom). Gwenpool was the combo of Gwen Stacey and Deadpool. THAT was the initial inspiration for the character, but since then it has nothing to do with either as this is someone named Gwen Poole, who is someone who reads comics and has all the knowledge of the Marvel Universe (since she's read so many comics) and doesn't really think of the world as real (hence the over the top nature and she thinks whatever happens, she'll come back to life like everyone or a reboot, etc). Her costume is a Hydra outfit. Series is rather fun, nothing serious, and I enjoy it.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mkw69: That's not awful, that's heartbreaking.

No Caption Provided

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By shinobi62676

@victorcheenoanleu said:

I'm sure there's also something cynical about the idea of thinking something shouldn't exist just cause you don't like it.

Was this a dig at me? If so, what are you trying to say? That I'm supposed to like the idea of every comic that comes out at face value? Really?!

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@victorcheenoanleu said:

Was this a dig at me? If so, what are you trying to say? That I'm supposed to like the idea of every comic that comes out at face value? Really?!

Reread the comments, and given the context, I don't think that was a dig at you, but more a confirmation of what you were saying and a dig at the person you were replying to. I think they're saying you don't have to like the idea of every comic that comes out, but to just say it shouldn't exist (when others could be enjoying it) because you don't like it.

ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_: It's much better than it should be.

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676 said:
@victorcheenoanleu said:

Reread the comments, and given the context, I don't think that was a dig at you, but more a confirmation of what you were saying and a dig at the person you were replying to. I think they're saying you don't have to like the idea of every comic that comes out, but to just say it shouldn't exist (when others could be enjoying it) because you don't like it.

Huh, maybe you're right. If so then I apologize.

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow this comic has a pretty sensitive fanbase.

Is still shitty though.

ToRANBlAk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Well its not that bad even if its a female version of deadpool the only reason she never had a crossover with Deadpool is because it will end the series and how it will end it simple. In many issues it is shown that Deadpool has help kids with problem in the most unorthodox way but still he helps now if you take all the new lines that Marvel made with female protagonist very few have worked like Spider-woman the recent issues Hellcat and Gwenpool the ones that dont work and when i mean work i mean having character in example the new Mighty Captain Marvel is basically the new silver Age SuperMan no real problem but a god complex , Jane Foster Thor only leaves a few panels in some issues to connect her character with people the new Iron Man is the love child of Batman and Iron man in all the wrong reasons but that one is still fresh gotta give it time. My point is Gwenpool, Hellcat and Spiderwoman show comedy and real life issues and Gwenpool should only end with a crossover with Deadpool because the character knows how to deal with abandonment issues.

(Really Gwenpool has abandonment issues how did anyone miss that it was obvious from the first issue how come the majority of fans and non-fans not realize this is beyond me)

Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just readed the last issue [this]

Great arc finale, even greater than I've expected! :)