Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

FANTASTIC FOUR #6

(W) James Robinson (A/CA) Leonard Kirk

EVERYBODY HAS ONE...

They were the best of friends since that fateful trip into the cosmic unknown. The day the Fantastic Four were born, they became a family. Cosmic explorers - forever united. Johnny Storm became the high-flying, hot-headed Human Torch. Ben Grimm, the hideous monster known as The Thing.

Super-Scientist Reed Richards has tried time and again to reverse Grimm's condition. Each and every time was met with failure. But there was a time when he possessed a device that held the key to permanently curing The Thing - until Johnny inadvertently destroyed it! Reed has kept Johnny's secret for as long as he could - but now it's about to get out!

What will Ben do when he discovers that one of his closest friends and steadfast ally condemned him to a life sentence as a monster? It won't be pretty. The fall of the first family continues as the Original Sin of the Fantastic Four is revealed!

Item Code: APR140634In Shops: 6/25/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

wow! :O

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I haven't been blown away by this book like other people have been. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent read and a much better direction than Fractions' run ever was. But there's a slight nit of Robinson's stifling dialogue on the second page of the preview. Still, the confrontation with The Avengers looks interesting. Hopefully it'll be played out well for a suitable Original Sin tie in.

MixMastaMicah5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Great, classic take on the FF.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@lvenger said:

I haven't been blown away by this book like other people have been. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent read and a much better direction than Fractions' run ever was. But there's a slight nit of Robinson's stifling dialogue on the second page of the preview. Still, the confrontation with The Avengers looks interesting. Hopefully it'll be played out well for a suitable Original Sin tie in.

Is this common for him? I think this and Invaders are the only things I've read by him. Whilst the stories are pretty good, the dialogue does seem pretty weird in places.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@lvenger said:

Is this common for him? I think this and Invaders are the only things I've read by him. Whilst the stories are pretty good, the dialogue does seem pretty weird in places.

It's a common weakness for him IMO. I started reading his work at around the 2008-2009 Superman/JLA period and his dialogue was especially poorly written them. Robinson does do a lot of other things well about writing but dialogue is not one of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This isn't coming off very well. That accusatory tone (or cheap shot) from Tony is over the top. How many things does he have which are pretty dangerous?

I'm not enjoying the story so far, although I do love the art.

Tiamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Tiamut

This is getting good.