• 60 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

DEATH OF X #4

No Caption Provided
Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

(W) Jeff Lemire, Charles Soule (A/CA) Aaron Kuder

• The first true battle in the Inhumans/X-Men war!

• Cyclops isn't the only one who doesn't make it out alive...

Rated T+

SEP161061 In Shops: Nov 23, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by del_torro (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

Wtf. There you have it, in hand attacking mutants for trying remove/destroy/neutralize the cloud that's floating around the world killing people. 6 months later, it's still killing people and mutants are the villains. Don't you just hate these bloody muties, I mean, look at them trying to stop hundreds of deaths. It's disgusting.

They should sit back and allow themselves to be killed and sterilized. I don't really see the fuss, they should be used to extinction by now. Stupid muties.

Urgh. This book is stupid. I swear if they kill alchemy... Urgh.

#2 Posted by candy_cindy (86 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Marvel doing this to the X-Men?! The treatment that the mutants get is worst than a main character in a over dramatic telenovela.

#3 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9883 posts) - - Show Bio

*Sigh* This is too much

#4 Edited by adamTRMM (9155 posts) - - Show Bio

Pyrokinetic shoots another pyrokinetic with pyrokinesis and another pyrokinetic falls.

Go figure.

#5 Edited by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

As i said it in one of other previews... who'd not like to watch New Attilan burn?
P.S. What Midnighter is doing amongst imhumans?

#6 Posted by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@del_torro: Yeah. For Shitload of individuals and/or organizations (coughSHIELD, coughSHIELD, cough) is even attempt of savin mutants "Worst crime posible, punishable by death." and only thing worst than this is: Try to destroy anything that killing mutants.

Also i think i get why is Inhuman scum generaly beloved, welcomed and didnt subjected to anny killer robot or murdering fanatics genocides: They killing mutants.

#7 Posted by blackagar (950 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

The only problem I have with this book is the characterization. I love how upset everyone gets even though there is clearly more x-men in the future lmao.

#8 Edited by coffeeprince29 (47 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm said:

Pyrokinetic shoots another pyrokinetic with pyrokinesis and another pyrokinetic falls.

Go figure.

being mutant is suffering

#9 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

The only problem I have with this book is the characterization. I love how upset everyone gets even though there is clearly more x-men in the future lmao.

More X-Men and less of the Inhumans, I'd wager. You know, since nobody likes them.

#10 Posted by Huir (2443 posts) - - Show Bio

I do not like the art or the Inhumans.

#11 Posted by Wowlock (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Soo Inhumans care more about their stupid cloud than actual people's lives ?! Why are the X-men the bad guys again ?!

#12 Posted by RabumAlal (4994 posts) - - Show Bio

War!

#13 Posted by g2_ (11415 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: Marvel doesn't care if we like them or not. They will shove them down our throats because they have the movie rights to them.

#14 Posted by adamTRMM (9155 posts) - - Show Bio

The Inhuman movie is off guys. The Inhuman project is over mwahahhha.

sigh... and I was never against the inhuman push, only the horrendous way it was done.

"I will honor the man you once were, not this monster you have become."

#15 Posted by Helloman (29844 posts) - - Show Bio

I am loving this series so far. I want to see how the conflict resolves.

#16 Edited by blackagar (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: Not enough like them, but they are getting a series for Imax and NBC or something.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
#17 Posted by spiderhyphenman (110 posts) - - Show Bio

This series is OK. Nothing great about it. They say it's about the journey even if you know the outcome (Cyclops dead and IvX) but this journey is lacking better stories.

Javier Garron should've been on art the whole time. Kuder is not a good fit.

#18 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

Don't worry, Elixer is back from the dead and his powers have changed. He has already cured mutants from M Pox and is now with Xorn to work on honing his new powers. He was bringing Gauntlet back to life and killing him over and over as pay back. Nobody stays dead forever in the Marvel Universe. Better believe Marvel is going to milk this Terrigen cloud as long as they can. They should, I think the Terrigen cloud is a cool idea.

#19 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a lot of suspense in this.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a3162faeafe3
#20 Posted by deactivated-5a3162faeafe3 (371 posts) - - Show Bio

Frustrating read. I want to know what happened, but I can't stand the inhumans now and hate that they win.

#21 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

@bl00dwerk: Marvel doesn't care if we like them or not. They will shove them down our throats because they have the movie rights to them.

They do, but they started out saying there would be a feature film in, what, Phase 4 or whatever? Next thing you know they movie got pushed back, then completely off the slate. Feige still said there would be a movie, but now we're hearing there's gonna be an expensive tv show instead. I think Marvel sees the writing on the wall and doesn't want to spend too much money on a very unpopular franchise.

#22 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk: Not enough like them, but they are getting a series for Imax and NBC or something.

I think they said it won't have anything to do with Agents of SHIELD, which is good.

#23 Posted by SP4RT4N (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Bolt was the only Inhuman worth a shit, Marvel just can't find a clever enough way to tell a monthly series about just him since he can't talk. Inner monologues be damned!

#24 Posted by g2_ (11415 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

They do, but they started out saying there would be a feature film in, what, Phase 4 or whatever? Next thing you know they movie got pushed back, then completely off the slate. Feige still said there would be a movie, but now we're hearing there's gonna be an expensive tv show instead. I think Marvel sees the writing on the wall and doesn't want to spend too much money on a very unpopular franchise.

I don't think the Guardians of the Galaxy were popular, yet they got a film.

#25 Posted by roy81 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

Inhumans are still worried about their stupid cloud even when they know it kills people?

I am so over this whole thing.

Let me know when Resurrection gets here.

#26 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (873 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

I think that's oversimplifying it. We have to keep in mind they added a bunch of movies too. They added the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, the Ant-man sequel, and also Spider-man. They also haven't pushed the Inhumans in the MCU much outside of Agents of SHIELD. It would make more sense to do them as a series. They're popular, just not developed and mainstream enough.

#27 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:
@bl00dwerk said:
@g2_ said:

I almost went ahead and mentioned that, but decided not to. At least Guardians didn't have an entire fanbase that actively HATED it due to their screwing over in the comics. Inhumans does.

#28 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk said:
@g2_ said:

I think that's oversimplifying it. We have to keep in mind they added a bunch of movies too. They added the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel, the Ant-man sequel, and also Spider-man. They also haven't pushed the Inhumans in the MCU much outside of Agents of SHIELD. It would make more sense to do them as a series. They're popular, just not developed and mainstream enough.

Marvel's been pushing Inhumans comics and they don't sell. They can't even get comic fans on-board, so a feature film (at this point, anyway) might be an expensive risk.

#29 Posted by jeanvaljean11 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh man...i really hate Inhumans and Marvel for what they did and still try to do with mutants.

Btw. If not for X-men, I would never start reading Marvel comics.

#30 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio
@adamtrmm said:

Go figure.

It's not like a comic which favours the Inhumans and demonises the X-Men would make sense as well.

#31 Posted by Blue Son (794 posts) - - Show Bio

So they kill Cyclops off in Secret Wars ... just to kill him off again in X-Men vs. Inhumans ... wow. GREAT WRITING! *Yeah that was dripping with sarcasm*

#32 Posted by g2_ (11415 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by ScouterV (7764 posts) - - Show Bio

Why are the Inhumans so concerned with this cloud? I get it triggers their growth, but even so, if it's killing the X-Men...I'd think the answer to this dilemma is obvious.

#34 Posted by torzone (545 posts) - - Show Bio

This is Disney's message to FOX attempting to belittle & defame the mutants because they refuse to join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. First they kill Wolverine- their most iconic & well known character, who was recognized before Captain America, Thor, & Ironman. They kill Professor X, then the turn Cyclops- one of the worlds greatest & fearless leaders (better than Cap, only second to a few) into a homicidal maniac...then kill him. They recton Scarlett Witch & Quicksilver's origins & species to better fit their universe, and in the process they have to alter Hope Summers mimicry abilities (she can only copy mutants, but since the Maximoff's are not mutants anymore...).

The moral of Death of X & all the other lousy X-men story arcs and the rising popularity of the Inhumans is to basically replace the X-men & make them more popular. But the Inhumans were never praised regardless of how you advertise them.

The X-men have more iconic characters, and better stories to tell...

I am not asking FOX to sign over the rights like Sony did (even though the last X-men Film flopped & was very weak) but tarnishing the X-men name isn't helping the cause.

Many X-men are going to die, and Inhumans will continue to rise until eventually we only recognize them & X-men are a thing of the past...unless they sign over of course...the moment that happens X-men Tsum Tsum

Fun Fact the Marvel Cinematic Universe cannot use the name "mutant" nor can they refer to Wanda or Petro as "Scarlet Witch" or "Quicksilver" they simply go by their first names, also the reason Scarlet Witch received new powers is because she is a reimagined version of the original but is not technically the same character...(she can't have magic, probability, or reality based abilities because she would then be considered copyright; the same goes for Quicksilver, but his powers are more flexible)

#35 Posted by JarlaxleBaenre (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Fuck off Inhumans! X FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#36 Posted by Saint_Talker (157 posts) - - Show Bio

@adamtrmm: yet Cyclop's & Havok's powers have no effect on each other

#37 Edited by mantequilla (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking about all, isnt it ironic that it seems that nobody in Marvel's universe hates more the mutants than Marvel itself; and that in a superheroe's universe, it seems that their worst enemy always turns out to be another hero just like in real life Marvel is his own worst enemy. Funny and sad at the same time

#38 Posted by AsheTDust (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

After dragging the Xmen through hell and back, they suddenly get a whole slew of titles after I vs X completes.

Thing is I reread the interview with the writers and nowhere do they mention that the Xmen are mutants in the new series. Just blah blah blah great ideas, corporate spiel step into the light and be welcomed as heroes, mumble from a script new exciting adventures.

I should probably put on a tinfoil hat here, but it's not what they are saying but what they aren't. Guess we'll see.

#39 Posted by adamTRMM (9155 posts) - - Show Bio

yet Cyclop's & Havok's powers have no effect on each other

haha but I actually it. ;]

@lvenger said:

It's not like a comic which favours the Inhumans and demonises the X-Men would make sense as well.

Touche.

#40 Posted by JamesSpiring (996 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:
@bl00dwerk said:
@g2_ said:

Ditto Ant-Man. So unpopular he was replaced twice. The second of the three was the one used in the film. He got a new book to coincide with it but it's now been cancelled.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#41 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9296 posts) - - Show Bio

@koays i need this book cause it says "Cyclops isnt the only one who doesnt make it out alive." im guessing emma frost cause she the only one missing besides cyclops....maybe they die together kind of a nice ending

#42 Posted by del_torro (3634 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#43 Edited by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care about Sweet Tooth and Essex County, Jeff Lemire can't write superheroes for shit.

Why would Magneto tell Storm that he's just a distraction? That defeats the whole purpose.

Why does Storm care if Cyclops destroys the cloud? It's going to kill mutants. Where's the Ororo who stabbed Callisto? Where's the Ororo who whooped Cyclops' ass? She wouldn't give a damn about the Inhumans and their stupid fart cloud.

The writers have utterly failed in making me sympathize with the Inhumans. I don't see what Cyclops could do in this issue to justify all the hate he's been getting.

I can't believe people are getting paid to create this drivel. I've read better fan fiction.

#44 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

@sp4rt4n said:

Black Bolt was the only Inhuman worth a shit, Marvel just can't find a clever enough way to tell a monthly series about just him since he can't talk. Inner monologues be damned!

I disagree. The Inhumans in general were beyond epic when they were part of the Marvel cosmic pantheon. Their highpoint (at least IMO) was during the War of Kings/Thanos Imperative saga where they were tangling with the Kree, Skrull, and Shi'ar. Now that was a fun read.

These Inhumans are just second-rate mutants, with like 1,000,000 new characters that popped out of nowhere (with no backstory and no purpose or rhyme or reason whatsoever).

The Mutants at least fought for something and stood for something from the get-go. These Inhumans are tantamount to genocidal villains being treated like heroes. In fact they're not actually heroes... they literally just exist as a basis for a future TV show.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
#45 Edited by StardustCrusader (3148 posts) - - Show Bio

Why can't Marvel just accept that the Inhuman will always be nothing more then "those guys who pop up in Fantastic Four comics" ?

#46 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

@torzone said:

They kill Professor X, then the turn Cyclops- one of the worlds greatest & fearless leaders (better than Cap, only second to a few) into a homicidal maniac...then kill him.

Cyclops was never homicidal maniac.

#47 Posted by fastflash12 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Is anyone actually buying this series? The writing is atrocious and Kuder has had better days as an artist.

#48 Posted by phocracker (229 posts) - - Show Bio

this art is disgusting

#49 Posted by Saint_Talker (157 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by coffeeprince29 (47 posts) - - Show Bio