• 89 results
Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@edstone1 said:

I guess the last pillar of the Marvel Universe is Spider-Man.

Which one?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@cagnazzo82 said:

Safe to say someone at Marvel really, really despises the longtime fans.

It's like a total inversion to what's going on at DC. Rebirth is all about fanservice and allowing new and old fans alike to fall in love again with their most famous heroes... Meanwhile over at Marvel they engage in fan disservice. And are completely taking a dump on every single pillar that once made marvel great.

The Avengers, the X-men, Fantastic Four... all unrecognizable or entirely done away with. And every single one of the major superheroes have either been killed off or rendered 2nd-stringers (not organically, but literally forcing them into 2nd-string status... while a bunch of practical cosplayers take over the prominent roles). And who even knows where all the actual villains vanished off to.

It's sad to see legacies built over the better part of a century just tossed in the trash in just 2 or 3 year timespan.

As a once life-long Marvel fan, it's sad to say that I have to rely no on DC for amazing storylines featuring heroes that I *actually* want to read about.

They don't despise longtime fans, they just have no reason to care what long time fans think. As long as sales are good the marvel writers are fine with what ever long time fans think. The cash is still coming in which means that more fans like the stuff than don't and marvel will toss characters into the shredder if it means getting knew fans. As long as they don't have to care, they won't.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Then.Now.Forever. #CyclopsWasRight #mutantlivesmatter

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
HopesummersFORtheFUTURE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@koays looks great .......but now the stepford cuckoos are all grown up......runs

im going to wait and get the graphic novel

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By JamesSpiring

@bob_belafat said:

I've got two things:

1. Something about the art doesn't appeal to me. I think it's the faces. No one looks like who they are. Iceman doesn't look like Iceman (speaking of which, is that the old of the young Iceman? I can't tell.),

It's the older Bobby. The young one would've had that uniform all the O5 plus X-23 had.

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagnazzo82 said:

It's like a total inversion to what's going on at DC. Rebirth is all about fanservice and allowing new and old fans alike to fall in love again with their most famous heroes... Meanwhile over at Marvel they engage in fan disservice. And are completely taking a dump on every single pillar that once made marvel great.

The Avengers, the X-men, Fantastic Four... all unrecognizable or entirely done away with. And every single one of the major superheroes have either been killed off or rendered 2nd-stringers (not organically, but literally forcing them into 2nd-string status... while a bunch of practical cosplayers take over the prominent roles). And who even knows where all the actual villains vanished off to.

It's sad to see legacies built over the better part of a century just tossed in the trash in just 2 or 3 year timespan.

As a once life-long Marvel fan, it's sad to say that I have to rely no on DC for amazing storylines featuring heroes that I *actually* want to read about.

They don't despise longtime fans, they just have no reason to care what long time fans think. As long as sales are good the marvel writers are fine with what ever long time fans think. The cash is still coming in which means that more fans like the stuff than don't and marvel will toss characters into the shredder if it means getting knew fans. As long as they don't have to care, they won't.

Not caring I suppose is a step down from despising, but still along the same lines.

DC values its longtime fans, Marvel is fine with tossing them out.

And btw, they claim sales are fine... meanwhile on every comic book site there are people claiming they stopped reading Marvel books, or can't get into them anymore. Clearly something is amiss with these claims.

The other day I saw an article stating the female Thor was outselling the male Thor. The male Thor doesn't even have a book out at the moment, so how is that possible?

Whatever the case may be, for me personally I have a really hard time caring about much of the Marvel comics universe at this point. Ever since Axel Alonso took over it's been downhill.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:

Not caring I suppose is a step down from despising, but still along the same lines.

And btw, they claim sales are fine... meanwhile on every comic book site there are people claiming they stopped reading Marvel books, or can't get into them anymore. Clearly something is amiss with these claims.

The other day I saw an article stating the female Thor was outselling the male Thor. The male Thor doesn't even have a book out at the moment, so how is that possible?

Whatever the case may be, for me personally I have a really hard time caring about much of the Marvel comics universe at this point. Ever since Axel Alonso took over it's been downhill.

I'm sort of the opposite, I have a hard time not caring. I grew up with these characters after all, and when Carol or Tony becomes a fascist or Scott becomes a version of the old Magneto... Basically when ever they take a character and do a 180 it angers me and even though I'm sure that either they don't mind me being angry or the actively enjoy my anger, I can't help how I feel. Bottom line is that they feel this is boosting sales and they would know I'm sure. So as long as sales are good or getting better this kind of story will stay. A few people posting a few angry sentences on the net means as much to marvel as yesterdays lunch as long as sales are good. Ever since Avengers Disassembled -which was a lousy story- they've been going this route and they aren't going to stop until they've run everyone into the ground.

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Cagnazzo82

@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:

I'm sort of the opposite, I have a hard time not caring. I grew up with these characters after all, and when Carol or Tony becomes a fascist or Scott becomes a version of the old Magneto... Basically when ever they take a character and do a 180 it angers me and even though I'm sure that either they don't mind me being angry or the actively enjoy my anger, I can't help how I feel. Bottom line is that they feel this is boosting sales and they would know I'm sure. So as long as sales are good or getting better this kind of story will stay. A few people posting a few angry sentences on the net means as much to marvel as yesterdays lunch as long as sales are good. Ever since Avengers Disassembled -which was a lousy story- they've been going this route and they aren't going to stop until they've run everyone into the ground.

Again, if Marvel feels angering a good portion of their fanbase is the best way to go about boosting sales, then there's something going very wrong at that company.

In addition, the fact that they're turning the entire Marvel Universe on its head while their movies are so popular at the moment kind of boggles the mind.

Even if I vehemently disagree, I can understand if they want to phase out the X-Men to spite Fox for holding onto the movie rights. But in a relatively short timespan (really since Axel Alonso came onboard in 2011) they've killed off or thoroughly diminished all their major characters.

Thor, Captain America, Wolverine, Cyclops, Professor X, the entire Fantastic Four family, Bruce Banner, soon to be Tony Stark (the way civil war is going)... As someone stated above, the only one relatively left unscathed is Peter Parker, and even then he's kind of heading towards 2nd string. They even tossed out the Watcher and a good portion of the cosmic entities.

Meanwhile they're elevating the Inhumans at the expense of the X-Men specifically to gear up for the movies. But the characters that are already popular in the movies are becoming Nazis or 'Unworthy'.

I don't get it. But whatever... I've ranted enough on this subject.

I'll still check out certain books (maybe the first issue of Death of X amongst others) but my interest in Marvel books has diminished about 95%... and still dropping. Don't really care for most of their titles.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

@g2_: I hope Fox NEVER gives the rights back to Marvel. If they're gonna pull some childish bullshit like this thinking it's gonna make them get their way they don't deserve the X-Men. I'm dead ass serious. Like them canceling comics is somehow stopping Fox from being able to draw from the decades of X-Men stories or from rebooting the stories. It's bullshit. Film industry should never have say so in comics.

1. Art is crap

2. I know it isn't real but I got legit mad @ the smiles on the Inhumans faces like this is a really happening.

Why in Gods name is the ENTIRE WORLD somehow OK with this mist cloud that's turning people into Mutants (because lets be real Inhumans were just bootleg mutants for years) but they've hated mutants all these years? Why tf is NO GOVERNMENT OR SUPER HERO SCIENTIST doing nothing to even try to contain this mist, knowing that it's killing off mutants?! I already hate the Inhumans because they are lame af now I hate them for this. I can't wait for the sales of the Inhuman comics to bomb once they take X-Men place. People like to complain about New 52 & what it did but at least the heroes were recognizable and some of the stories were actually good. This ANAD stuff is utter crap.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By g2_

@g2_: I hope Fox NEVER gives the rights back to Marvel. If they're gonna pull some childish bullshit like this thinking it's gonna make them get their way they don't deserve the X-Men. I'm dead ass serious. Like them canceling comics is somehow stopping Fox from being able to draw from the decades of X-Men stories or from rebooting the stories. It's bullshit. Film industry should never have say so in comics.

1. Art is crap

2. I know it isn't real but I got legit mad @ the smiles on the Inhumans faces like this is a really happening.

Why in Gods name is the ENTIRE WORLD somehow OK with this mist cloud that's turning people into Mutants (because lets be real Inhumans were just bootleg mutants for years) but they've hated mutants all these years? Why tf is NO GOVERNMENT OR SUPER HERO SCIENTIST doing nothing to even try to contain this mist, knowing that it's killing off mutants?! I already hate the Inhumans because they are lame af now I hate them for this. I can't wait for the sales of the Inhuman comics to bomb once they take X-Men place. People like to complain about New 52 & what it did but at least the heroes were recognizable and some of the stories were actually good. This ANAD stuff is utter crap.

I completely agree with you, this is freaking childish. WTF Marvel, dont you care about your fans? well not cool. FOX dont deserve the X-Men as well, their films are shit, Marvel will make better.

Avatar image for kid_omega_prime
Kid_Omega_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ok ill ask again why is Black Bolt holding Crystal ?

No Caption Provided

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This whole front page should just be renamed, Reasons Not to read Marvel anymore :D. Bunch of sellouts.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: I honestly have to say I don't care if Marvel will make the movies better. They don't deserve to have their X-Men back because of this bullshit. I truly hope Fox never gives them the F4 or X-Men back. It's like playing a board game with a kid that keeps knocking the pieces over because he's losing or not getting his way. I'm not gonna give that spoiled brat what he wants. I'ma put the game away & not let the kid play anymore. Personally since First Class the X-Men movies have at least become watchable. Fox is doing fine now IMO. I have my gripes about Days of Future Past & Apocalypse but they are a lot better then X3 & every Wolverine movie. I CANT WAIT for Franklin Richards to come back & reboot the Marvel comic universe.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inglewoodian: The second Wolverine was pretty good, the first one (origins) is crap. Before Marvel got Spiderman, they didnt give a F about him. When they got him back, they made him the Avengers leader. We cant ignore the fact that they ride the MCU's success. The FF movies are absolutely an insult to everyone (especially the 2015 movie).

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: The second Wolverine was good? If you say so. To each his/her own. When did Marvel make Spiderman the Avengers Leader?! He wasn't the leader of anything in Civil War. Who is riding the MCU's success?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: The second Wolverine was good? If you say so. To each his/her own.

Great.

When did Marvel make Spiderman the Avengers Leader?! He wasn't the leader of anything in Civil War.

No Caption Provided

Who is riding the MCU's success?

Marvel.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#MUTANTLIVESMATTER

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: That's just cover art or some picture. He isn't the leader, Captain Falcon is.

Yeah, but you have to admit, he will get the spotlight.

Also I assumed we were talking about the films...since you know we were talking about Sony, Fox & the MCU.

Yeah, when I'm saying "riding the MCU's success" I mean they are using that as an advantage.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: That's a nice Alex Ross cover. I had read an article about that upcoming book but I'm curious as to if it's been confirmed that he's the leader or is he just standing in front of this picture. I can't imagine him being the leader of a team Captain America (Falcon) is on but with the crap way Marvel comics is working now I wouldn't be surprised if it were true. I assumed we were talking about the movies though since we had been speaking on Fox, Sony & the MCU. Kind of threw me off there.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Inhumans are better relegated to Fantastic Four backup characters, they're not adding anything particularly interesting to the Marvel universe. God I miss the X-Men being on top instead of this defensive dying breed status they've been cursed with.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edstone1 said:

I guess the last pillar of the Marvel Universe is Spider-Man.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lionman: actually they first appeared in FF during 1965, two years after the X-Men were introduced.

VioletPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I'm just going to go against all my better judgment and say Scott will find a way to make the X-Men win... please Cyclops save the franchise T_T

Remember when the X-Men were heroes and not victims? Those were the days...

Edstone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: There's that too...it's hard to dislike Miles, it's just that he's so unnecessary.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edstone1 said:

@mark_stephen: There's that too...it's hard to dislike Miles, it's just that he's so unnecessary.

As long as he makes marvel money he's needed.

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By JJ_Was_Here

OH MY GOD! Black Bolt is touching Magick's side boob! This is obviously total objectification of women! Clearly they are showing that, as a sexy young superhero, it is OK for a male character to touch your side boob if you're passed out! How DARE they show us this "innocent" cover in this preview! This is driving molestation and DISMEMBERMENT rates of young mutants through the roof!!!! They should destroy this cover and the artist should be serving 30 years to LIFE in prison!!!

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@cagnazzo82 said:

their sales really aren't that good

if you look at the sales since Rebirth started(June), more and more top spots go to DC as each month passes, it looks like marvel is putting out way more books, but very few are any where near the top in sales

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:

if you look at the sales since Rebirth started(June), more and more top spots go to DC as each month passes, it looks like marvel is putting out way more books, but very few are any where near the top in sales

That may be true, but I don't believe that they would keep doing it unless it was making them profit in some way.

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Mrnoital

@mark_stephen said:
@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:

That may be true, but I don't believe that they would keep doing it unless it was making them profit in some way.

true, but I took a look at diamondcomics.com

and their overall sales have gone way down from last time I checked, they might be making some kind of profit, but much less than they used to make, and I have no doubt they want to get back up there

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All because Marvel is butthurt about not having movie rights for certain characters and trying to push out as many titles and stories as possible for the characters they do own. Completely ruined everything they had going IMO.

Grey56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

KeK

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:

and their overall sales have gone way down from last time I checked, they might be making some kind of profit, but much less than they used to make, and I have no doubt they want to get back up there

Well I don't think setting the Inhuman's against the X-men is going to do it. I think they are running out of hero/hero fighting plots though. They've had Avengers fight Avengers, Avengers fight X-men, they don't have the Fantastic Four anymore, after X-men versus Inhuman's they'll be all out of ideas.

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Cagnazzo82

@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:
@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:

Well I don't think setting the Inhuman's against the X-men is going to do it. I think they are running out of hero/hero fighting plots though. They've had Avengers fight Avengers, Avengers fight X-men, they don't have the Fantastic Four anymore, after X-men versus Inhuman's they'll be all out of ideas.

Avengers/X-men vs Inhumans/Champions: The Tag-team match-up of summer 2017.

Afterwards they can mix and match the tag-teams for a couple more combinations... before effectively running out of ideas entirely. /sigh (obvious sarcasm)

Mrnoital

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

that's what I'm thinking

my guess is in a few months they might try some kind of rebirth -type thing

might happen when/if Franklin and Reed come back

and I can only really see that happening if DC continues to outsell Marvel

if the gap between their sales continues growing at the rate it is, I could see it happening early next year

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:

that's what I'm thinking

if the gap between their sales continues growing at the rate it is, I could see it happening early next year

Destroying the old Marvel Universe (for no apparent reason) and merging it with the Ultimate Universe was technically supposed to be Marvel's 'Rebirth' (albeit All New/All Different).

I really hope, and cross my fingers, and pray to the deities that you're right... but I'm not sure I have faith in the leadership at Marvel Comics at the moment.

But again, I do hope you're right.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrnoital said:
@mark_stephen said:

that's what I'm thinking

Eventually they'll have to throw out a Fantastic Four comic to keep the copywrite on the name. Maybe they'll have an FF against someone (who's ever the most popular at that point?) and the FF will loose and have to go into limbo again until marvel gets the rights back.

lionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@violetphoenix: i just meant in the comics, they exist before mutants.

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

God.

F***ing.

Dammit.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@helloman said:

This is some of the worst art I have seen for Marvel.

have you seen the art for Luke Cage? This is a piece of art compared to that crap.

Eclipse-32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#92  Edited By Eclipse-32

Lousy idea, released in the wrong time, and more of how Cyclops is a self-righteous piss-ant. I could go on and on, but I'm just gonna say: "I'll save my money."