• 83 results
inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff

Marvel revealed a bit of the interior art for the upcoming story Death of X, which explores what's been going on with Cyclops and Emma Frost. Check out interior pages as well as cover art for upcoming issues.

No Caption Provided

Death of X #1

Written by Charles Soule and Jeff Lemire

Art and Cover Art by Aaron Kuder

What happened eight months ago that set the Inhumans and X-Men on a collision course? Find out here! The Inhumans travel to Japan where one of the Terrigen Clouds creates a shocking new Inhuman. The X-Men travel to Muir Island where the second Terrigen Cloud causes something truly terrible. When these two events collide, a war of catastrophic proportions explodes!

On sale October 05, 2016

Death of X will explore something that happened recently with Cyclops. A conflict will erupt between the X-Men and the Inhumans in this 4-part mini-series. The book picks up at the end of Secret Wars and asks "Where is Emma Frost and Cyclops?" This mini-series will act as a prelude to the IvX event. It also explores the world of the X-Men and what's happened to them after the events of Secret Wars.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Cover Death of X #2
Cover Death of X #2
Cover Death of X #3
Cover Death of X #3
Cover Death of X #4
Cover Death of X #4

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I allways hated Cyclops, but damn...I´m really missing him.

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marvel screwing over the x-men again......whats new?

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's really screwed up is how we had to wait till now before they finally tell us the full details on what happened. As Ron Richards from iFanboy said "That didn't build intrigued, all it did was build frustration".

And I'm still waiting to find out what happened to the rogue Banner A.I. and how Tony Stark stopped being Superior. And you can't just say "well Secret Wars happened" because nothing about the fallout of Secret Wars even hinted at that; it's not an excuse!

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mooty_Pass

Ummmm is anyone else Nervous about this? Or it's just me.....

Hey look at that Beast is talking to Scott now ha!!! ?

Goellterator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And you can't just say "well Secret Wars happened" because nothing about the fallout of Secret Wars even hinted at that; it's not an excuse!

Welcome to Marvel.

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

You couldn't even pay me to read this (unless it was a lot...) It looks like a disaster of an event. I always thought that first page was photoshopped till now.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's really screwed up is how we had to wait till now before they finally tell us the full details on what happened. As Ron Richards from iFanboy said "That didn't build intrigued, all it did was build frustration".

And I'm still waiting to find out what happened to the rogue Banner A.I. and how Tony Stark stopped being Superior. And you can't just say "well Secret Wars happened" because nothing about the fallout of Secret Wars even hinted at that; it's not an excuse!

Well this takes place in the 8 months after Secret Wars that we didn't see so it's not out of the question to think they may eventually answer those questions as well. When? Who know? Not the first time questions have been left dangling in comics.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this doesn't end with Cyclops living in exile on Counter Earth plotting on making a WWH comeback, I'll be disappointed.

Who am I kidding, I'm already too disappointed for anything that goes on in this event to matter. All this does is show how petty Marvel is.

ILostTheKey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shinobi62676 said:

And you can't just say "well Secret Wars happened" because nothing about the fallout of Secret Wars even hinted at that; it's not an excuse!

Welcome to Marvel.

Marvel doesn't believe in addressing plot threads unless it's convenient to do so. We'll never know these answers unless they feel they have to. I mean, have they even hinted at what Fury whispered yet?

The V0id

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The V0id

I pass on anything involving the Inhumans. I can't take it anymore.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By g2_

FOX It's your fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By SEGENIS

Am i the only one getting Frank Quitely vibe here?

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I really liked Kuder when he was on New Guardians. I won't buy this, but I am really curious as to what happened to Cyclops. As for hanging plots, I just want to know what Nick Fury said to Thor to make him Unworthy.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is this event happening in the past ?

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Part of me kinda wants to get this because of the creatives on it but then part of me is like "well, this is Marvel finally killing off the X-Men" and I realize why I shouldn't support it.

Also, on a side note, is that Reed Richards in the Blackbird with Scott and Magik?

Maddpanda531

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Against my better judgement, I'm actually pretty interested in this series. I miss getting to read new stories featuring Cyclops and Emma. Also, I'm looking forward to this Mutant/Inhuman conflict finally coming to an end and it looks like Death of X/IvX/ResurrXion is going to be the big conclusion to the story. (Plus, I'm hoping that ResurrXion series they teased brings back either Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, or any combination of the three.)

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So Cyclops dies in the first 4 pages? No wonder the X-Men went to war with the Inhumans, I'd be pissed too!

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18  Edited By JamesSpiring

@zeeguy91 said:

Part of me kinda wants to get this because of the creatives on it but then part of me is like "well, this is Marvel finally killing off the X-Men" and I realize why I shouldn't support it.

Also, on a side note, is that Reed Richards in the Blackbird with Scott and Magik?

I think that must be Hijack. That's the Marvel NOW! Uncanny X-Men there.

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z3ro180 said:

So is this event happening in the past ?

Yep. It'll explain how the roster of pre-Secret Wars Uncanny X-Men broke up. Don't be surprised if only Magik and Goldballs make it out alive!

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Behold, Marvel's desperate attempt to at least somehow promote the failing franchise (not the X-branded one, they don't need any promotion) through our..... rage? From now on, I don't say their name. No free promotion from me when the product I actually want to buy and support is filled with foreign and excessive baggage I don't give a crap about.

MonThackma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my, that is ugly art.

jeanvaljean11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Oh please. It's not an excuse to treat my beloved mutants like this.

I really HATE Inhumans. I know X-men will lose. Mutants die from mist and why noone try to stop this? Any Ihmunas ever tried to somehow block this shit because maybe in some city there's a mutant who is gonna get killed by this?

And why still no one blamed Black Bolt for killing mutants? He didn't want to kill them on purpose but it's not like Cyclops wanted to kill Charles when he was possessed by Phoenix.

This event didn't even started but I'm so nervous now.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Soule and Lemire?? Hm, I wonder what their chemistry is like.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad thing is that I'm sure that marvel is loving all this anger. The more anger on the net, the more sales, or at least that is marvel accepted wisdom. Ultimately the franchise that can make marvel the most money, X-men or Inhumans will I believe win. And if Scott dies so what? When in the past decade or so has death in comics really matter or been permanent? It's just another pointless, useless set up for an event.

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops was right...

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jeremy1989

@g2_ said:

FOX It's your fault !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well basically, It's half their faults.

The other half goes to Marvel.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol.

BlackLegRaph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sheesh.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

....So anybody reading Rebirth?

shinobi62676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goellterator said:
@shinobi62676 said:

Welcome to Marvel.

Marvel doesn't believe in addressing plot threads unless it's convenient to do so. We'll never know these answers unless they feel they have to. I mean, have they even hinted at what Fury whispered yet?

See here's the thing about that. I do believe they will eventually tell us what Fury whispered to Thor just like how I also believe they will tell us about how Daredevil made the world forget his identity because the writers HAVE talked about it, like Jason Aaron saying only he and his editor know the answer, and it's kind of hinted in the comics, like with DD constantly referring to "something he did".

However I can't find ANYTHING that even hints at the hanging plot threads from the previous Iron Man and Hulk runs. Closest I could get was a brief cameo of Tony's Superior armor and the fact that certain characters are still "de-hulked". That's it, nothing about the Banner A.I. or how Tony got non-Superior; it's annoying.

nickschuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might pick this up for Kuder's art alone but I'm not sure about how well this story will present itself. Personally, I feel like this story would have been more impactful if it was told a few months ago where I had at least a little interest. Now...? Not so much.

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art is horrible.

casper4690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The art is blah ... That first image with everyone smiling looks like they inhaled jokers laughing gas

dbdominatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By dbdominatus

Can't the Scarlet Witch whisper "No more Events"?

Secret Wars beat me to death. I can't take another crossover or anything. Civil War II is the absolute end. I'm actually cutting down on Marvel. I want stories to have a beginning, middle and end. And preferably on time. I just want good stories told and good character development. You can't have that in all this crossover bull. Captain Marvel is being ruined. The only good thing coming out of CWII is the Champions. But it didn't need to be from the breach birth of CWII. It COULD have just been a good story coming out of Avengers and maybe Ms Marvel and Spider-Man. An Annual--remember when annuals used to be the culmination of big storylines? It's all just gotten too mega and I don't care anymore. I'll go read Nightwing and BPRD.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

X-Men still been drinking on the low, mobbing on the low, smoking on the low, scheming on the low -- the furthest thing from perfect like everyone they know.

Babblesat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goellterator:

Oh thank God. I thought I was the only one shamefully missing old Cyclops.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inhuman scum is unquestonably villains.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

I think it will be interesting to read, finally, but I also think Marvel has waited too long to get this out. And it certainly wasn't for the art :( (Almost looks like he's trying to be Frank Quietly in this)

murderpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait...marvel?! Should I be caring about the in humans? I'm sorry but outside of black bolt and Karnak's badassness I just don't care

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus, Marvel. Why can't you accept that The Inhumans were only good as rarely used side character for the Fantastic Four?

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I was thinking about checking this out. Then I saw the art...

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I really don't care what happened to Cyclops. It's been too long. I accepted his death months ago.

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#mutantlivesmatter

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Marvel: "We would like to have a new original plot for the X-men."

Writer: [shows detailed storyboard of completely new and original plot, full of twists turns and emotional impacts.]

Marvel: "Mh... this could be the best stories we had in years... BUT this does seem to take an awful lot of risks, too. Maybe you better publish this plot with some other company. Can we get two writers people know by name and get them to write the same bullshit as before instead?"

Writer: *sigh* "Okay, I guess, the X-men had a bunch of great stories they could pay homa-"

Marvel: "Tell them we would also like it to draw attention to the inhumans more than anything and they shouldn't really make the X-men look good, maybe more bland and forgettable."

Writer: "Huh...?"

Marvel: "Also not make them likeable."

Writer: "Wha-"

Marvel: "And the the title is Death of X."

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Screw Inhumans....

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: You mean the Inhumans? Inhumaaaaans. Inhuman. Inhumans. Black Bolt, Karnak, Medusa, Triton, Gorgon, Iso, Reader... Inhumaaaaanzzz. Ahura, Black Bolt again because he is badass, Inferno, Johnny Storm with Medusa, Crystal. INHUMAN.