#1 Edited by gmanfromheck (42487 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

DEADLY HANDS OF KUNG FU #2 OF (4)

(W) Mike Benson (A) Tan Eng Huat (CA) Dave Johnson

• Shang-Chi versus mystical kung-fu masters in the streets of London!

• With a little help from THE DAUGHTERS OF THE DRAGON!

• Terrible truths about Shang's fallen comrade revealed!

Item Code: APR140696In Shops: 6/11/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Staff
Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#2 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45572 posts) - - Show Bio

That cover is amazing

#3 Posted by Temudjin (335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I think all of Dave Johnson's covers for this book look great. Which is why it's even more of a shame that the rest of this book seems... mediocre, thus far.

#4 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (45572 posts) - - Show Bio

@geno: Well it's only been one issue and I enjoyed it

#5 Posted by Temudjin (335 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: As a big fan of the character, I also enjoyed reading the first issue. But at the same time, the small problems stuck out like cracks in a foundation. I guess I was hoping/expecting more than what was delivered, but if nothing else than to show my support, I intend on sticking with this book until the end. It's only four issues, after all.

Sad thing is I haven't been super intrigued by either this or The Living Weapon, which were the two books that I was looking forward to most. Surprisingly, I think the best relaunch thus far has been Moon Knight, and unsurprisingly, Mark Waid's continuation of Daredevil.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45572 posts) - - Show Bio

@geno said:

@jonny_anonymous: As a big fan of the character, I also enjoyed reading the first issue. But at the same time, the small problems stuck out like cracks in a foundation. I guess I was hoping/expecting more than what was delivered, but if nothing else than to show my support, I intend on sticking with this book until the end. It's only four issues, after all.

Sad thing is I haven't been super intrigued by either this or The Living Weapon, which were the two books that I was looking forward to most. Surprisingly, I think the best relaunch thus far has been Moon Knight, and unsurprisingly, Mark Waid's continuation of Daredevil.

I'm enjoying them both really, Iron Fist is a bit scary as in they are destroying a lot of things but I'm interested to see how they build it all back up again.