Posted by inferiorego (25737 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

DAREDEVIL #17

(W) Mark Waid (A/CA) Chris Samnee

• It all comes down to this - the penultimate chapter! Matt Murdock's made a deal with his own personal devil, and unless he can outsmart the strongest, toughest opponent he's ever known, no one walks out alive!

Rated T+

Item Code: MAY150793In Shops: 7/29/2015SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Staff
Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#1 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

trill

Avatar image for transformers1024
#2 Edited by Transformers1024 (7600 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh

#3 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

Excited about Ikari being back.

#4 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

two more issues to go!!

#5 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

This is gonna be brutal.

#6 Posted by galacticshrub (122 posts) - - Show Bio

@teerack said:

This is gonna be brutal.

I agree. Can't wait to see what happens.

#7 Posted by mangakid1995 (609 posts) - - Show Bio

So last time I saw Julia Carpenter she was in a coma in Superior Spider-Man, could someone please tell me when she woke up?

Avatar image for atheistknowledge
#8 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

Just 2 more issues before i can finally go back to reading Daredevil.

It can't end quick enough.

#9 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: Yea i can't handle his "awosoness" on Daredevil no more then i could on Hulk. He should stick to writing Archie comics the bland hipster douchebags is right up his alley.

#11 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: I know, hopefully you will grow out of it.

#13 Posted by Wowlock (907 posts) - - Show Bio

So last time I saw Julia Carpenter she was in a coma in Superior Spider-Man, could someone please tell me when she woke up?

After SpOck damaged the Web of Desnity in Spider-verse, Julia woke up from her coma and said '' I can't see anything, Web is shattered '' and something like that. Basicly because of the damage, she probably lost her connection to the Web.

#14 Edited by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

For what? Love awesome story by Waid and not bitching aboot for not being dark drepessing shit like you did?

#15 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: Good for you, you can have your happy go lucky crap, i will however look forward to DD returning to his roots and giving me some of the best stories comics have ever seen.

#16 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by ScrappyDont27 (531 posts) - - Show Bio

I mainly clicked on this just to see the comments and they did not disappoint! My 2 cents is Chris Samnee has been great on this book art is fantastic, Mark Waid has done a fine job, do I think it is the best ever? No, but he has written well and has had some great issues in the run. Overall for me it has been a good run on the series it's not the greatest as some would have you believe and it is not the worst as some people would have you to believe. It's been good , but I guess that's just my opinion, man

#18 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: Like the opposite of what Waid did.

#19 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: The opposite of Waid is being shit, so I guess you have really shitty taste after all.

#20 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: Yea because the height of writing is inserting words like "dare-splaining", yep only the best writers borrow from Tumblr.

#21 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: Because there a re a word you don't like make a good comics bad for you ?

How insane you are?

#22 Posted by AtheistKnowledge (9595 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: You think 1 word is what drove me off the comic? And you call me insane? LOL, stop being so butthurt when someone doesn't like your favorite writer, newsflash kid people disagree all the time. Move on.

#23 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Is not my favorite writer, I just dislike people who don't like when writter make evolve character and espicially charracter like Dardevil who stagne on a "dark-tone" since one or two decade.

#24 Posted by miilkshake (54 posts) - - Show Bio

Well that (the comments) was painfully exhausting to read.

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: Don't waste your time man,let's just be happy that this crap and so called breath of fresh air is ending and we can enjoying reading the book again.

#26 Posted by scavengerFist (1935 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, I want to be a grammar nazi but...

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#27 Edited by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Yeah I'm so looking forward to it, so I'm with you and @atheistknowledg.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
#28 Posted by TheHeaven_Guardian10 (2523 posts) - - Show Bio

@atheistknowledge: You should bring some of this knowledg, experience and intelligence to DD threads man, we love hearing your thoughts and feels on different things. Like Waid's putrid run.

#29 Posted by THE_JOKER51 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: Daredevil besides Batman is my favorite all time character & book, having said that this most recent crap sucks. I completely agree with @atheistknowledge the Charles Soule era cannot begin soon enough.

#30 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by THE_JOKER51 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

I could say the same thing to you, but then I remembered just because someone likes something I don't doesn't mean they have bad taste, only that we don't agree. Grow up, and stop living in absolutes. What are you 13?

#32 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_joker51: You can't say that to me, for being able to say that you must be able to tolerete thaht the fact a chararcter can evolve and need to not stay in a dark mood.

#33 Edited by THE_JOKER51 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

You make no sense, my dislike with Waid's run is not to do with how he has evolved DD, it's that he has simply made the book completely un-enjoyable to me. Someone does not have bad taste simply because they don't like something you like. This is already getting annoying, as I shouldn't have to explain this to another mature human being.

#34 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_joker51: How dare you implicate is because is because is something I like (wich is nota thing I say) then I said you have bad taste.

I said because is the truth, Waid make a really good run, one then dardevil need since a really longtime.

i'm tired of hypocrite who act like selfish kid and dare to considere themself like mature when is just a liar.

#35 Posted by THE_JOKER51 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay there is clearly something wrong with you. I'm done with this stupidity.

#36 Edited by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: There are many reasons beyond the tone of why I don't like Waid's run.It mostly has to do with how he characterized Matt Murdock.I have facts of how he completely disregarded things that were already established in order to fit how he perceived the character.If you wanna call tearing and altering a character's personality, evolving then that's you.I really don't care who likes it or doesn't anymore.It's coming to an end and I couldn't be happier.Enjoy the final two issues.

#37 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay there is clearly something wrong with you. I'm done with this stupidity.

I'd just leave it alone at this point.Soule's run is gonna be exciting.I can't wait.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#38 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

@miilkshake said:

Agreed, I want to be a grammar nazi but...

Don't do it man

#39 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_joker51:Maybe I'm smarter then you and that make you inconfortable. ;)

@daredevil21134: Well Waid give to Matt a more "happier" world after tow decade of "grim and gritty" tone.

#40 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior: That's fine had he not also changed his personality drastically.The issues goes beyond the tone change.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#41 Edited by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#42 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Change is personality ? No is just evolving and cleary need to do.

#43 Edited by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramior said:

@daredevil21134: Change is personality ? No is just evolving and cleary need to do.

Making a character reveal his entire weaknesses and secret identity to a court is completely out of character.I'll end with this.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Your logic is flawed.You are saying a writer can change anything at anytime about a character despite how the character has been depicted in the past and calling itevolution.So if a writer made Batman just start killing because he grew tired of crime that's also evolution,right?Wrong.Writers are supposed to follow guidelines of pre established characters unless they're creator owned characters that they've created.Finished now.And you said Waid clearly need to change him?Well then explain why his run is the lowest it's ever been since Miller took over he book.

#44 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134: Or maybe people can change you know after realized that their way to do is not the good one.

For exemple in my young I wasthey are some people who was really homophobic, after several year and more metting see the foolishinnes of they way.

Is the same thing to Matt he change.

#45 Posted by THE_JOKER51 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Going back and reading Vol. 3 of Miller & Janson's DD right now. I miss The Man Without Fear. Truly hope Soule brings at least some semblance back to the one of my favorite heroes.

#46 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_joker51: You mean repeat the same patern over and over ?

#47 Edited by THE_JOKER51 (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Enjoyable.

I don't call Introducing The Hand, the death of Stick, the resurrection of Elektra, playing roulette with a quadriplegic Bullseye repeating a pattern. For claiming to be smarter than someone else, that was a pretty stupid remark. The way you bicker with people that don't share your opinion is beyond lame. Miller, Bendis, Brubaker & Diggle's work on DD is and always will be great to me. Waid's current take on the character is not, you can be as bitchy and snarky as you want, it's not going to change anything. This current DD is still gonna suck ass.

#48 Posted by daredevil21134 (15939 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_joker51: Waid's DD has no being power and that's why Soule will be writing the right way like so many others did.Let them enjoy the poor man Spider-Man.

#49 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_joker51: Yes is great because is trie to make different story then Miller-like we have since 3 decade.

They are all good, but after a well is kind of repetitive so is a good thinf thene Waid make evolve the character, and fanboy can take it because you thing then a chacrater should be always the same.

#50 Posted by scavengerFist (1935 posts) - - Show Bio