Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

CIVIL WAR II #2

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A) David Marquez (CA) Marko Djurdjevic

Two issues in one month? Hell yes! As the Marvel Universe reels from the events of the first issue, Tony Stark decides to take matters (and the law) into his own hands and declares war on the Inhumans. But not everyone agrees with Tony's perspective and they are willing to die trying to stop him.

Rated T+

Item Code: APR160857In Shops: 6/15/2016SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Why is Tony declaring war on the Inhumans? Because everyone screwed up when fighting Thanos?

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yuck

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Iron man being crazy and irrational? yup this is Civil War

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Yuck

Why is Tony declaring war on the Inhumans? Because everyone screwed up when fighting Thanos?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

Lol

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pacperson said:

@cgoodness said:

Yuck

@theexile285 said:

Because he screwed up by giving Rhodey really old armour. Because he think that he is Law. Because he is deluded again here.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with Tony. He told Carol, but she straight up didn't listen. I get yes not the boss of her, but at least respect his intellect and genius.

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol got his best friend killed after he warned her to not use Ulysses... I think he has some right to be mad

phillip33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Carol got his best friend killed after he warned her to not use Ulysses... I think he has some right to be mad

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Just imagine carol had not used Ulysses. Thanos had hit them unprepared and someone close to Tony had still died. He would be telling them how they should be using Ulysses now.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Have you at least read the first issue of Civil War II ?? Stark actually is right this time.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Because Stark warned Carol not to use Ulysses because his visions were not "the" future, just a possible future, and that messing that way with time would bring consequences, she ignored him and because of that Rhodey got killed.

xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plot-twist: Tony finds out the Inhumans killed his mother.

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I love how he is so ticked off at Carol, but it was Medusa'a amateur mistake that caused the death of his friend

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kgb725

@mrfuzzynutz: If Carol didn't ignore Tony's advice and actually call in backup things most likely would've went smoother

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Stahlflamme

@kgb725: thats not what he is complaining about. Keep in mind without a vision carol wouldn't have had that option.

@thor_parker82: and if they hadn't had the vision they would not have been prepared for Thanos and likely more people would have died like they have in the past against thanos. Rhodey didn't die because some vision wasn't accurate he died because he fought thanos when he knew in advance he would be fighting thanos.

This book fails to make the conflict in any way logical ulysses is just an early warning system for cosmic threats at this point and the only problem is that characters either act like idiots or start fighting because the plot demands them to be fighting.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: And not messing with time would get Earth destroyed by Celestial Annihilator or Thanos running around with cosmic cube. Only real idiot would prefer to ignore information about threats of that level.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfuzzynutz: In fact if Stark'd just give to Rhodey suit with self-guided missiles both Rhodey and She-Hulk'd be alive.

ianbareilles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's sad to see so many people blaming Carol for what happened she's obviously very heartbroken and her lover James Rhodes got killed and her best friend Jennifer is fighting for her life.....

The thing is no one could've seen this coming and if anything Tony is in the wrong here blaming her for Rhodes death she loved Rhodes and they were in a on and off relationship and to blame her as if she killed him like wow.... Tony is such a douche and a hypocrite.

ianbareilles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ianbareilles

They didn't need back up to be honest a-force and the ultimates as well as the inhumans were there with them it was obviously written to have thanos seemingly over power them despite having blue marvel, spectrum, miss america chavez, and captain marvel and of course she hulk.

And Even though as shown in the ultimates thanos has been significantly weakened before he came to earth hence why he was carrying a big ass gun.

Point is they had enough high tier heavy hitters that they didn't need backup but since it's bendis they somehow got all overpowered by one guy who was supposed to be not just outnumbered but he was significantly weakened basically it was written to make it seem like they went in unprepared even though they had the numbers and enough heavy hitters to take on thanos but because it was written by bendes it kind of was written to go down like this so in a way that's why I don't see Carol as being at fault here and it really makes Tony seem like a jerk to act as if she killed him when she didn't.....

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Rubear

@ianbareilles: Thing is that they were not overpowered at all. During fight Thanos threw Medusa in Rhodes when he launched missle. Because Warmachine armor is old and outdated missle hited without aim not Thanos, but instead She-Hulk right between boobs. Booom! Then, when stunned by this act of friendly fire Rhodey stood immovable like monument Thanos punched his own chest open. After that team beat Thanos down without any other casualities. Overpowered him.

Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thor_parker82: I did

as right as you think he is, that doesn't give him to the right to sneak into the inhumans kingdom and kidnap someone.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I still can't believe Steve is on Carol's side, he is literally fighting for what he fought against in the WInter Soldier movie.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

I still can't believe Steve is on Carol's side, he is literally fighting for what he fought against in the WInter Soldier movie.

QFT.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Racist don't feel for Rhodey because he black, so they don't think Tony should feel anything.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am more mad at medusa detecting stealth mode. The fuck?

Attilan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tony_shark: Stark's stealth mode is now more advanced than Inhuman tech? Toni was probably detected when he landed in New Attilan and Medusa was just waiting for predictable Toni to head for Ulyssess.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Racist don't feel for Rhodey because he black, so they don't think Tony should feel anything.

Disliking tony for invading another country, trying to kidnap an innocent person and blaming his dead friends girlfirend for his friends death means you are a racist. You're making your life easy on yourself aren't you? Everyone that disagrees with you isn't just disagreeing with you they are racists, sexist, homophobic, pedophiles that eat babies and worship the devil. Its not like this is just unacceptable douchy and amoral behaviour from Tony and this book is written like shit. After all YOU like it and YOU are YOU.

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@attilan: His tech has been more advanced since around Hickmans run when he developed his own form of Shiar tech.

Also that new Stealth module is said to be completely undectable by Bendis himself... and then Bendis goes back on his word?

JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I am more mad at medusa detecting stealth mode. The fuck?

And then they seemed to forget Tony was wearing armor at all - Medusa's hair shouldn't be able to get where it is.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JamesSpiring: Maybe we just missed a page and Stark actually seduced Medusa and she attacks him while he is getting dressed again. That would be in the top twenty of horrible Bendis writing.

Bob_Belafat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Bob_Belafat

I'm kind of impressed with Marvel. They actually started an argument with people fighting for both sides pretty equally. That's what they were aiming for.

I'm on Carol's side right now. Tony can't blame her for Rhodes' death. All super-heroes know that they face death whenever they go into battle against a foe like Thanos.

Using knowledge of the future to prevent potential crimes is not the same thing as arresting someone for a crime they haven't committed. Policemen would be idiots if they were given a tip about a planned crime and did nothing about it, because they didn't want to "mess with the future."

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is VERY interesting, but EVERYONE HERE in this thread Makes actual GOOD POINTS.

If Carol DIDN'T head the warning of Ulysses Thanos would have a Cosmic Cube and the Destroyer Celestial would have Obliterated Earth. However, yes she should have called for MORE back up. Although regarding Carol she COULDN'T have known Rhodey was going to die. The characters and even us readers we don't know the extent of Ulysses powers all we can say is that he is seeing key word people a "Possible" future.

NOW Tony is wrong breaking into the Kingdom of New Attilan and taking Ulysses because 1. Tony has no authority to do that. 2. He's acting on emotions right now.

Now we ALL have to agree that this time surprisingly Tony is right this time. He TOLD Carol to don't act on these visions and wait till they get more info on this Inhuman, but knowing Carol she disobeyed and acted and got Rhodey killed and Jennifer on life support (MAYBE I say Jen is dead flat lining means death hopefully Banner gets there on time)

Not to mention people if anyone caught this remember when Carol and Tony were arguing about this and Tony asked Carol a question if it was HER that was predicted she was going to turn evil should we stop her or not. Carol replies "Depends" That answer right there pretty much to me gave me the clear to say Tony is right. Because "depends" isn't an answer if they attacked her with the knowledge of her going evil and they try to take her in we ALL know Coral would have a FIT.

Good Talk people i'm interested to see everyone's view on this.

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bob_belafat: Warning. Any sort of rational thought or opinion is not allowed here.

scavengerFist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I'm kind of impressed with Marvel. They actually started an argument with people fighting for both sides pretty equally. That's what they were aiming for.

I'm on Carol's side right now. Tony can't blame her for Rhodes' death. All super-heroes know that they face death whenever they go into battle against a foe like Thanos.

Using knowledge of the future to prevent potential crimes is not the same thing as arresting someone for a crime they haven't committed. Policemen would be idiots if they were given a tip about a planned crime and did nothing about it, because they didn't want to "mess with the future."

Well that's what the film Minority Report did, but it also showed how someone got off clean after murdering someone and outsmarting the precogs. You should check it out. I agree with Tony's idea of a probability ratio, because visions aren't precise sometimes. It depends on perspective.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ianbareilles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scavengerfist: bendes did mention how around issue three you'll see the differences between this a minority report soooo we'll see unlike like most people I like his writing most of the time age of ultron was the only one I can agree with people in saying it was terrible.

ianbareilles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must stress Carol didn't get she hulk nor war machine killed it wasn't her doing thanos was clearly going to attack as shown in the ultimates and he had to be stopped so in actuality thanos got them killed not her she isn't response for their deaths to a extent she has to carry the burden of knowing maybe if she didn't act on confronting thanos these death could've been avoided.....

But I also must say she is not to blame for their death she cared deeply about both Jennifer and James,

James was her on and off again lover and Jennifer and her were long time best friends and teammates for the avengers and now a-force.

I think unlike many cases the thanos incident was unavoidable like having the inhuman help predict that this was going to happen helped but her and the ultimates knew thanos was coming after the cosmic cube so I don't think she has their deaths on her hands.

It's sad that so many people are so quick to assume and judge Carol as being in the wrong and being responsible for their deaths when she isn't she's just as much of the victim here.

With that said Tony isn't wrong in acting the way he is he lost his long time parter and best friend but with that said to just judge Carol as being solely responsible for having James and Jennifer killed when she didn't do that thanos did she was simply doing her job as the ultimates do to stop threats for harming earth and it just so happened she and all these people were in circumstance where despite having the numbers and heavy hitters thanos ultimately had the upper hand and killed war machine which then diverted his middle and injured she hulk who is fighting for her life.....

Tony is right in the sense that this inhuman like they can't read his mind what is to say if he'll have his own agenda down the line and was to say if he won't mislead our heroes and/or predicts outcomes and a possible future crime or tragedy that doesn't even happen in that regard Tony is completely right....

But again I think it's wrong for him to attack Carol and say that she is solely responsible for James and Jennifer's death.....

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ducey13

Basically yeah. They proved they're not capable on using this power responsibly.

incursion2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Funny how i'm actually on Iron Mans side this time

JewishDork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42  Edited By JewishDork

Beautiful art. Keep thinking about Fitz's explanation on predicting and changing the future based on premonitions from Agents of Shield. That is my favorite explanation about all of us.

lionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for the love of God can my guy Blackagar just come and blast tony to death, or transmute him into stone or something.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By Ambaryerno

@kgb725: This book fails to make the conflict in any way logical ulysses is just an early warning system for cosmic threats at this point and the only problem is that characters either act like idiots or start fighting because the plot demands them to be fighting.

Which sums up pretty much EVERY Marvel event in a nutshell. Idiot Ball: The Series.

Civil War I? Everyone does the exact stupidest thing possible.

AvX? Everyone does the exact stupidest thing possible.

Axis? Everyone does the exact stupidest thing possible.

There's a definite pattern, here.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

Basically yeah. They proved they're not capable on using this power responsibly.

And Tony is?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Tony going to take the guy and experiment on him like he did She-hulk or is he just going to kill him?

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

And Tony is?

Never said he was but based on the story it doesn't appear he plans to.

So is Tony going to take the guy and experiment on him like he did She-hulk or is he just going to kill him?

Neither.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

And Tony is?

@mark_stephen said:

Neither.

What's he going to do then? If Tony wants to nullify him there aren't a lot of options, I don't think the negative zone prison is still open and given the way he's been written for a long time now I don't put anything past him. Is he going to lobotomize him so Ulysses can't tell the future anymore? The fact that he's broken into the inhuman residence -not that laws mean much or have ever meant that much to Tony Stark- shows a hostile intent.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stahlflamme said:

@kgb725: This book fails to make the conflict in any way logical ulysses is just an early warning system for cosmic threats at this point and the only problem is that characters either act like idiots or start fighting because the plot demands them to be fighting.

Which sums up pretty much EVERY Marvel event in a nutshell. Idiot Ball: The Series.

Civil War I? Everyone does the exact stupidest thing possible.

AvX? Everyone does the exact stupidest thing possible.

Axis? Everyone does the exact stupidest thing possible.

There's a definite pattern, here.

You left out one important part: it sells. Marvel events may not be well written, plotted or even thought out but they do sell.

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Ducey13

@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@ducey13 said:
@theexile285 said:

And Tony is?

@mark_stephen said:

Neither.

What's he going to do then? If Tony wants to nullify him there aren't a lot of options, I don't think the negative zone prison is still open and given the way he's been written for a long time now I don't put anything past him. Is he going to lobotomize him so Ulysses can't tell the future anymore? The fact that he's broken into the inhuman residence -not that laws mean much or have ever meant that much to Tony Stark- shows a hostile intent.

Maybe he's just trying to get Ulysses away from Carol and The Inhumans before they get themselves or more friends killed? Or maybe it's something you haven't thought of yet because you're only pointing out worst case scenarios. Have you read the book?