Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

CAPTAIN AMERICA STEVE ROGERS #2

(W) Nick Spencer (A/CA) Jesus Saiz

• As Steve battles a resurgent Hydra more dangerous than ever before, he must confront a ghost from his past!

Rated T+

Item Code: APR160917 In Shops: 6/29/2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Edited by phillip33 (3934 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA "the story everyones mad about but havent read it yet" priceless

#2 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9840 posts) - - Show Bio

HAHAHA "the story everyones mad about but havent read it yet" priceless

I know right?!?!?! HAHAHAHAH let's both laugh together. *Leans on your shoulder laughing out loud*

#3 Posted by casper4690 (704 posts) - - Show Bio

LMAO Too funny . I'm willing to bet that it's truth for most complainers and whiners . Don't care for the story , but the amount of attention and hatred this story has received is ridiculous.

#4 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

i just like the memes could care less bout the book

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
#5 Posted by StaticDwanyeMcduffie (7017 posts) - - Show Bio

same

#6 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

They have read it. The first issue, the one they're upset about. Are people so high on the Marvel Kool-Aid that they can't count anymore?

#7 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't.

#8 Posted by Ducey13 (396 posts) - - Show Bio

The comic everyone's angry about even though they haven't read it.

Sums things up PERFECTLY

#9 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not angry anymore. Marvel has gotten me to the point where I don't care. Let the company rot or succeed. Same for smug fans who can't help but lord their superiority over every one else.

#10 Posted by Hound_of_War (3944 posts) - - Show Bio

The memories are probably fake and Red Skull messed with his mind. Who wants to bet on it?

#11 Posted by Rubear (4643 posts) - - Show Bio

Hydra Dominatus! (c)

#12 Edited by TheExile285 (4353 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really unfortunate. I was so willing to jump into a new Captain America ongoing after seeing Civil War but I'm gonna support this type story and I can't be the only one. Couldn't they have at least done this outside of main continuity?

#13 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not angry anymore. Marvel has gotten me to the point where I don't care. Let the company rot or succeed. Same for smug fans who can't help but lord their superiority over every one else.

That's exactly where I'm at at this point.

Whether they rise or fall with Hydra Steve Rogers or the random Inhumans replacing the X-Men is no longer my concern.

I'll just check out the books I'm interested in (mostly DC at this point) and be fine with that.

Avatar image for nerdyusername1194
#14 Posted by Nerdyusername1194 (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it'd be really cool if all this time cap suffered from split personality disorder, like a jekyll and hyde scenario. Only one side of him was an American patriot and another was a hydra nazi.

#15 Posted by LCazT1996 (642 posts) - - Show Bio

@ducey13 said:

Sums things up PERFECTLY

#16 Posted by flashallan (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel could completely destroy a hero and then use this card.

#17 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18172 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree the memes are funny as hell but I'll stick with this one :)

No Caption Provided

#18 Posted by KrleAvenger (26265 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't Wait to see how Marvel is going to explain how Cap isn't Hydra.

#19 Posted by Aros001 (3610 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not the comic itself that people are mad about, you arrogant twats. It's the bullsh*t that is surrounding the decision to make Captain America a Hydra agent in the first issue of the series, because it is either obviously manipulative or simply stupid.

Option 1: Marvel made this controversial decision to basically be the comic version of a ratings trap, something to get a much of people to read the series because of how controversial or important they think it will be, like a really hyped up lost episode of a TV series like Spongebob or Teen Titans. And in reality nothing is likely to come from it because the status quo must always revert back to normal, where the characters are most marketable.

Option 2: Marvel really was stupid enough to make CAPTAIN AMERICA A HYDRA AGENT because they needed to shake things up. Yes they can get new stories out of it but it flies in the face of everything Cap was in the past and everything his fans liked about him. It's fine to want new readers but don't just dump the ones you already have.

People aren't just mad at it for no reason. They're mad about what Marvel is doing to a character they care a lot about and whether his character will be forever smeared or if he's just being used as the latest publicity stunt to make more money. Not everyone on the internet is an angry, whiny troll who doesn't like change so don't treat the complaints as though they have no merit.

#20 Posted by Nite_Nite (2348 posts) - - Show Bio

People can Cry and complain like Marvel sucks and DC is where it's at...but sales speak for themselves. One happens to eclipse the other

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
#21 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree the memes are funny as hell but I'll stick with this one :)

No Caption Provided

I'm making that the wallpaper on my phone.

#22 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9840 posts) - - Show Bio

Let me ask this to EVERYONE. Who here was legitimately MAD that Marvel did this to Captain America Steve Rogers???
LOL

#23 Posted by HighAccuser (9696 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol the hail hydra memes are the best. I'm not necessarily mad about it, but it makes no sense for Cap to be hydra if he's fought and killed numerous amounts of their men

#24 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18172 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I'm not mad about it, it's a comic book, I do think it's stupid as hell though.

#25 Posted by HeroUp2112 (18172 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9840 posts) - - Show Bio

@heroup2112: Oh really...ok that's good

@nerevarine_11: Ok ok I see what your saying.

When I read this at first I thought wow Cap just killed someone...then when he said Hail Hydra I was like "WHOA", but I started thinking what was the point of going back to Steve's memory and his mother and all these Flash backs. And so it dawns on me this must be some type of past or time manipulation going on.

I wasn't mad in fact it got me liking Cap this was my FIRST Captain America Book and they already got me sold.

#27 Edited by phantomjolt (727 posts) - - Show Bio

This like making bruce wayne be the one to shoot his parents idiotic and forced just to get the series some publicity

#28 Edited by iceslick (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@casper4690: @lcazt1996: @stormphoenix: @phillip33: Yet people are still ignoring the statement and continue to bitch the book they haven't read yet!! Or it be that they haven't even read the statement just like they haven't read the book, lmao.

But seriously, this statement just describes every casual comic book fan that doesn't read comic books and yet have some entitlement-ship to complain.

#29 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9840 posts) - - Show Bio
@Iceslick said:

@casper4690: @lcazt1996: @stormphoenix: @phillip33: Yet people are still ignoring the statement and continue to bitch the book they haven't read yet!! Or it be that they haven't even read the statement just like they haven't read the book, lmao.

But seriously, this statement just describes every casual comic book fan that doesn't read comic books and yet have some entitlement-ship to complain.

Yeah I understand what your saying. As I said in my latest post THIS was my first Captain America Book I EVER bought. As a comic book fan I know his history I read his story arcs before if anything WE should be the ones to be mad. But we arn't why because we know this is just to get attention or sales or whatever Marvel is trying to do.

I had a friend that come to complain to me about this. We had a HEATED argument because I liked the fact that what Cap said was actually cool and interesting. And he KILLED someone!!!! LOL My friend didn't think so my friend felt like Cap is a treasure that shouldn't be touched.

I LIKED IT. As my firs Cap book again I'm SOLD.

#30 Posted by iceslick (865 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: I just want to let you know Captain America has killed many times and he is the most flip-flopped morality character of all time. That's why I decided that morals shouldn't define the character because writers always changing them, hence why I don't complain about the Batman v. Superman or Man of Steel movies.

#31 Posted by Zarathos022 (172 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. No reason to be mad at this at all.

I mean it's not like it just took a massive dump on 75 years worth of history.

Nope. No need for anger at all you guys.

Now that my debatably bad bit of sarcasm is out of the way, I would just like to say (and this is directed at not only you Tony, but the rest of the people fawning over this garbage) that mocking fans who have no desire to see Steve Rogers' character get dragged through the sh!t in the name of publicity doesn't make you look funny or superior. It just makes you look like an @$$.

Just my two cents there.

#32 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:

It's not the comic itself that people are mad about, you arrogant twats. It's the bullsh*t that is surrounding the decision to make Captain America a Hydra agent in the first issue of the series, because it is either obviously manipulative or simply stupid.

Option 1: Marvel made this controversial decision to basically be the comic version of a ratings trap, something to get a much of people to read the series because of how controversial or important they think it will be, like a really hyped up lost episode of a TV series like Spongebob or Teen Titans. And in reality nothing is likely to come from it because the status quo must always revert back to normal, where the characters are most marketable.

Option 2: Marvel really was stupid enough to make CAPTAIN AMERICA A HYDRA AGENT because they needed to shake things up. Yes they can get new stories out of it but it flies in the face of everything Cap was in the past and everything his fans liked about him. It's fine to want new readers but don't just dump the ones you already have.

People aren't just mad at it for no reason. They're mad about what Marvel is doing to a character they care a lot about and whether his character will be forever smeared or if he's just being used as the latest publicity stunt to make more money. Not everyone on the internet is an angry, whiny troll who doesn't like change so don't treat the complaints as though they have no merit.

#33 Posted by Stellar421 (875 posts) - - Show Bio

Yep. No reason to be mad at this at all.

I mean it's not like it just took a massive dump on 75 years worth of history.

Nope. No need for anger at all you guys.

Now that my debatably bad bit of sarcasm is out of the way, I would just like to say (and this is directed at not only you Tony, but the rest of the people fawning over this garbage) that mocking fans who have no desire to see Steve Rogers' character get dragged through the sh!t in the name of publicity doesn't make you look funny or superior. It just makes you look like an @$$.

Just my two cents there.

I'm also disappointed in Tony. This place is supposed to be a board for ALL opinions. But when you start being snarky to people whose opinions are different then yours, where's the fun in that?

#34 Posted by Kuyamu (81 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its better than turning him "gay".

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
#35 Posted by deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuyamu: sooooo... Nazi Hydra traitor > being gay? Being gay is a worse betrayal of his character than everything he's ever stood and fought for being a lie?

#36 Posted by Ethan-Ricks (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, because if people have a different opinion than you they clearly don't know what they're talking about, right?

#37 Edited by Kid_jakeriv (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope no one here thinks that this is going to last. It's a comic story, change happens all the time, and not for long. Also, has anyone thought that this story is all about making cap into a stronger character? Once we find out (and we definitely will) that Cap really isn't Hydra, he'll most likley become a better hero through this story. Can't we just not complain about a storyline that we all know won't last. We barley even know how the story is going to go. Let's all just calm down.

PS- Also, leave the comicvine.com people alone. They're human too

#38 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Not mad at the storyline at all, just not interested. I've grown tired of earth shattering, twists and turned. I just want good storytelling and I didn't find it in the first issue, so if I didn't enjoy the first issue why would I waste 5 bucks a pop to continue to read a storyline I'm not interested in?

#39 Posted by ILostTheKey (992 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:

Sums up everything exactly. I'm not upset personally, I quit reading Marvel after Secret Wars. But the fans that are upset (FANS not media outlets/cursory observers) are probably in a fuss because of everything you said. I'd also add that a big part of it is just weariness. These stunts are spurred out every couple months now and Marvel has become the comic equivalent of TMZ and just whores out "controversial" headlines for the sake of exposure. It's obvious Editorial doesn't care much for storytelling as much as money at this point. That's why there's three "universe-changing" events being churned out every year.

I can't speak for everyone, but personally I just got tired of it. There's only so much shock and awe you can gun for and still maintain integrity. No one is against change but they get upset when every change/mandate is obviously agenda driven.

#43 Posted by jim158 (290 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Nick Spencer is doing a good job with the Captain America's. What if Cap just becomes Conservative in the midst of all this liberal crap marvel puts out. Curious to see where this story leads. Red Skull is obviously in on this whole thing, setting Cap up with Kobik in Pleasent Hill. Ah and Kobik ripping Karla's Moon Stone from her chest. I am also enjoying Thunderbolts. Curious that Kobik is with Winter Soldier, and she recently changed Steve?

#44 Posted by Grey56 (823 posts) - - Show Bio

@aros001 said:

Thank you for posting.

#45 Posted by Mooty_Pass (9840 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO READ THIS??? This was AWESOME!!!!!!!

Can we talk about this?

#47 Posted by SC (18108 posts) - - Show Bio

@Opalance: @deadpool25mm: Hello. Firstly, no personal insults please. I can understand homosexuality can be a very tense subject, especially when views differ, but try and employ patience and tact.

Deadpool25mm - sorry but Comicvine's priority is to be all inclusive, as far as providing a place for any and all users to feel comfortable with posting, specifically wholly negative generalizations about users gender, ethnicity, religion, and sexual orientation. Or in other words, we don't allow rhetoric like the implication that people who are supportive of homosexuality in comics having a "sick problem" or trying to correct people about what sex or love is. You can have such opinions and views, and even express some of them, just nothing that is wholly negative towards any gay or homosexual users and generally not in a way where you tell any, unsolicited, about what love and sex really is. Just like they aren't allowed to go out of their way to try and correct you randomly in a thread about Captain America.

Its a bit complex, but you can PM me if you have questions or concerns.

If either of you, or anyone else has questions or worries, also feel free to PM me, so this thread can be on topic. Thanks.

Moderator Online