No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So glad I stuck with this book and Acuna came back. His art is really a must for a story like this.

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheLurker

Americop is back!!!

CobraCommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That variant OMG. . . I love it

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As a black man I appreciate this series so much

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I've been enjoying this series. Its lot of fun but also contains some very relevant themes

Avatar image for the_man_with_questions
The_Man_With_Questions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A comic about a black a guy and cops. There's a joke to be made here, but I'm not going to make it.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see Carol's fascist army continues to grow and now someones standing up to them. Good.

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By sinikettu

Hmm someone's been watching Maniac cop recently? It was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the cover.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When is Marvel comics just going to change their name to "PC Comics"??

Then, to avoid confusion, DC can change their name to "Just wait, our next movie will be good. You'll see! Comics"

scarspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel has turned into such garbage.

MK5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Americop is back!!!

That was my reaction. Beautiful cover for him.

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@jayskee: Take the Hawkeye picture off and put a black hero.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is interesting to try and draw a parallel in this story, but it's a stretch and I don't really see it working for two reasons, first is that the Americops (yes and I agree anything to cast the government and police as the bad guys, even giving them purely fascist uniforms and tactics and covering their faces (though that may have been to give the artist a break in drawing faces) is pretty heavy handed) seem to have sprung from nowhere, just as HAMMER agents did the last time marvel needed a brute squad and second that Carol and her forces are just too blatantly evil to be taken seriously. Also there is the fact that Ulyssys must be having visions every hour on the hour to bring in this many people.

Distraction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen:

You know the Americop story line was pretty much started before Civil War II so it’s more than likely that Carol has nothing to do with them right?

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@distraction said:

@mark_stephen:

You know the Americop story line was pretty much started before Civil War II so it’s more than likely that Carol has nothing to do with them right?

Nope, didn't know that. I could be wrong, but it fits with Carol's fascist persona for this event. I expect she'll be leading them soon. Legally something like the americops could not be operating without some sort of official sanction, even the marvel writers must be smart enough to realize that.

LonePunchMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cops harassing blacks again.dance racism cops missouri

kyo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kinda ridiculous how Marvel are forced to pushing Disney's extremist leftist views of society. After Captain Blackmerica we now have the obligatory "white man is putting down the black man" rhetoric, because you know, if a black person is arrested, it's ALWAYS unjustly so, right, right?!

Marvel, please, just stop with the propaganda, we have certain news channels and papers for that. Give us entertaining stories without force-feeding us your geopolitical correct views. Jesus, you're worse than EU politicians!

JBBuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyo28 said:

Kinda ridiculous how Marvel are forced to pushing Disney's extremist leftist views of society. After Captain Blackmerica we now have the obligatory "white man is putting down the black man" rhetoric, because you know, if a black person is arrested, it's ALWAYS unjustly so, right, right?!

Marvel, please, just stop with the propaganda, we have certain news channels and papers for that. Give us entertaining stories without force-feeding us your geopolitical correct views. Jesus, you're worse than EU politicians!

The unenlightened are always exposed through their own lack of nuance. I cannot think of anything that is ALWAYS so. I would try to make a rational, unemotional appeal to your general empathy for humanity by asking you to look up the names Tamir Rice, Walter Scott, Corey Jones or Levar Jones, but I'm sure that would be as pointless as trying to discuss the paradoxical nature of light with a hamster.

Anyway, Marvel has ever prided themselves on the idea that their media is an outlet for social commentary. The themes of 'mutant intolerance' and 'mutant rights' were meant to be analogies for real world socio-economic injustices. The only change that has taken place is, that the veil has been taken off so the message can be delivered more clearly.

kyo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, I don't mind and even welcome social commentary ... but it should never be a one-sided argument.

I'm not denying that racism still, unfortunately, plays a role in society and that sometimes people unjustly get arrested or even shot based on their background or a certain prejudice. And that is wrong and can never be condoned.

My wife and I are from completely different backgrounds, cultures and races (for lack of a better word). We are what some people call a "mixed couple". So I definitely understand all that it entails and the reactions one sometimes gets. I can get infuriated when my wife is treated unfairly solely by the fact that she is not from a certain background.

But, and this is a big but, it can never be a one-sided argument. Marvel has gone overboard by giving the impression that every single coloured hero is good and above reproach and some of the Caucasian main characters are getting vilified. I mean really, Captain America a fascist Hydra agent?

I just want Marvel to show us a realistic portrait of society, a society where Caucasians, Asians, African-Americans and Muslims alike can be both good AND bad people. But now they hang up the picture of the 'fascist police' and 'fascist white man'. And that's what I meant with my comment. Yes, injustice happens but it doesn't happen EVERY single time. Sometimes black people get arrested for committing illegal acts, it does happen. But by putting an anti-discrimination spotlight on every single arrest, you run the risk of creating an atmosphere where the officials can't even do their jobs accordingly anymore because the criminal is part of a minority.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SlimeBeherit

@kyo28 said:

Marvel has gone overboard by giving the impression that every single coloured hero is good and above reproach and some of the Caucasian main characters are getting vilified. I mean really, Captain America a fascist Hydra agent?

We all know what's going on with Captain Hydra, so he doesn't really count.

@kyo28 said:

But by putting an anti-discrimination spotlight on every single arrest, you run the risk of creating an atmosphere where the officials can't even do their jobs accordingly anymore because the criminal is part of a minority.

You talk about it like it's rampant. I can't even think about any other books right now that have hero's being locked up. The one that come to mind is Ant-Man, where Scott Lang has been imprisoned, and I'm pretty sure he's Caucasian. In Ms. Marvel, they unjustly locked up one of Khamala's friends who is also Caucasian. Then there's Captain Marvel, who is kinda locking everyone up, indiscriminately. If you can give examples of this skewed portrayal, that would really help me better understand your position. Also this Sam Wilson preview is from a flashback, where people might have been even more discriminatory.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d
deactivated-5b3ffc872a35d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A group of nameless, faceless, overzealous, racist "Americops" gee, I wonder what commentary we will be given with this bunch? Perhaps one will take off his mask and be shown to be a human doing a job he thinks will help but some people around him take things too far, but most just want to do the right thing? Or maybe they will just be a faceless "bad guy" mob aimed to get attention and clicks and news headlines rather than make actual commentary.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@kyo28: according to an interview for the upcoming stories, US Agent will be showing up and will be portrayed as the antagonist but not a villain if that helps at all

Showdown4lpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked Rage from back in the New Warriors series from the... early 90s? (And Night Thrasher).

I haven't been reading this series but I'm a Caucasian male and the preview looks pretty interesting and doesn't offend me.

I do agree that Marvel is extremely annoying nowadays with doing things just for media attention.

Vendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It only took seeing the cover to realize where this was going. Marvel pushing the big lie.

"Black people are relentless victims of relentless white racists all the time, everywhere, and that explains everything, especially why police are always picking on black people for no reason whatsoever." - Colin Flaherty

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt: Which is the way Rage has been set up as well. Not a villain but his actions force Captain Falcon to take a stand. So I do think they are framing it from both perspectives.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope marvel goes bankrupt.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Might be time for a new writer on this series, Under Spencer's pen the sales of this series has tanked and for a "flagship" title even with a replacement hero the sales should never be in the mid 20'000 sales figures. As controversial as the Jane Thor has been her sales after the boom went back to selling the same as the God of Thunder series where with Sam there much lower.

scbetton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimebeherit: ironfist just got locked up in powerman and ironfist too. I see nothing wrong with the direction this is going cause falcon has always been about the social justice fighter to be honest. That's his whole character since he's been introduced. I'm actually glad nick spencer remembers this and keeping it focused on that. But as for Steve being a hydra agent, we all know the deal with that and it's not gonna last. Just gotta wait it out and pick it up when he's back to his senses.

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why does every super hero have a Twitter account?

blackair9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Spencer has been catching a lot of hell on twitter over Sam Wilson but I appreciate how he trying to tackle actual social issues