• 57 results
Avatar image for emperormeister734
Emperormeister734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 10

It looks like 1989 batmobile combined with a truck and a train. Can't wait to see Gordon driving this thing

Avatar image for blueninjapanther
blueninjapanther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@batwatch said:
@batman404 said:

I remember when Batman was a hero detective who used his intellect and physical skills along with much more realistic toys to fight crime. Now it's just stupid, and I don't mean just starting with last issue.

You're not wrong.

I enjoy Snyder's Batman, but I don't think of it as top tier, and one of my my biggest complaints is the over reliance on tech. Almost every time Snyder's Bruce is faced with a tough physical challenge, he has some Bat Share Repellent on hand.

Also, Jim's hair is a trainwreck.

Also, that Batmobile is a Batlocomotive.

Yea, I totally agree. Didn't recognize that was Gordon. The Bat train is a little over the top and looks ridiculous. Batman is known for stealth, were as the train stands out too much. Although Snyder and Capullo's Batman looks cool, it feels like Iron Man to me. Relying on tech and building a suit of armor.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Zeeguy91

@mark_stephen: Really. You know it's a bad story. Two issues in. Have you even read these two issues?? Or you simply judging it based on ephemeral characteristics—like the mere fact of Gordon taking up the mantle—as opposed to the actual execution and writing?

See, people characterize you all as disgruntled fanboys because you guys are more often guilty of judging based on the former as opposed to the latter.

And stop being so sensitive. I can't speak for everyone, but I haven't seen people openly "mocking" you. There's a difference between mockery and others pointing out what they view as flaws in your argument.

Kingthunder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im so lost in this story so far i have so many questions and Jim in my opinion is a train wreck

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeeguy91: Look at post 49, that's mocking. As to length, just by so far what they've done with Jim Gordon is enough to convince me isn't going to be a good story or at least one I won't like. I know there is a difference between the two.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@zeeguy91 said:

@mark_stephen: and I can remember when Batman carried around a gun, Superman couldn't even fly, and Iron Man pretended to be his own bodyguard. Change is a part of life. If you can't accept that, then there's really nothing I can say for you. I'm sorry, I guess?

Plus, we're not even talking about a permanent change. This is something that's almost 100% temporary, but it'll make for an entertaining story and in its way add to the Batman mythology. So, please stop your bellyaching. Bruce will be back in due time.

If Tony Stark decided not to wear armor would he still be IronMan, no. And obviously this isn't a permanent change but Snyder has taken the technology in the Bat-Universe to far. With all the tech Batman has at his disposal he should be able to easily handle anything Gotham throws at him yet it doesn't seem to be any easier (and by Batman I mean Bruce Wayne not the current foolish thing).

Avatar image for anarrowintheheart10
anarrowintheheart10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vandinejd_1991: agree!

god, finally someone is saying it!

stop with the hate it's not permanent (like we all know bruce will come back) and its an interesting take and a welcome change.

and for die hard batman that hates this, u can simply not pick up the book and save money while waiting bruce to return and get your bruce fix on the justice league titles which he still on as batman.

great work snyder and capullo keep up the good work.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Mark_Stephen

stop with the hate it's not permanent (like we all know bruce will come back) and its an interesting take and a welcome change.

and for die hard batman that hates this, u can simply not pick up the book and save money while waiting bruce to return and get your bruce fix on the justice league titles which he still on as batman.

It's not hate, it's dissatisfaction with the story and the story direction.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By DD208

@mark_stephen said:
@anarrowintheheart10 said:

It's not hate, it's dissatisfaction with the story and the story direction.

Exactly. I know I don't have to buy it and I know Bruce Wayne Batman will return, it's just that i'm not really happy with Snyders take on Batman overall. I liked Court of Owls and then not so much.

OB1ON3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers