Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

AVENGERS #3

No Caption Provided

(W) Mark Waid (A) Mike Del Mundo (CA) Alex Ross

Kang War Three ends in a most unexpected manner! The Firewall of Time has been shattered - and now the Avengers are faced with the dangers it held back!

Rated T+

NOV160840 In Shops: Jan 04, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By laabitres

looking good

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A much stronger start than All-New All-Different Avengers. Plus that beautiful Del Mundo art.

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far so good.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

I don't like the art but the series is great.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Surprisingly good series

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, for someone who wreck havoc across the time streams... I am suprised Cosmic entities didn't slap Kang down a peg. I mean surely his actions would cause enough problems to brought the attention of the big guns of the universe.

lionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

why is kang not possessed by ahura anymore?

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is turning out to be one of my favorite series.

MKW69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@wowlock: He's not Thanos. Sometimes he want to take over world, sometimes he doesn't and also Kang is from the future, so he kinda need's to think how not to erase himself.

MKW69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Dammit, when Iron Doom will join them?

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the Avengers have a good book?

No Caption Provided

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can the Avengers have a good book?

No Caption Provided

So far this one is good, it just needs to keep it up.

kyo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kyo28

Can't they replace the fake knock-offs (femithor and captain blackmerica) with the originals? Then we'd have a real Avengers book like we used to have.

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damm

why people call anything that not exactly the original avengers team bad?

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyo28 said:

Can't they replace the fake knock-offs (femithor and captain blackmerica) with the originals? Then we'd have a real Avengers book like we used to have.

If you want the read the same story over and over again, just read you copy of Avengers #1 (1963) over and over again. That way you can ensure that nothing ever changes.

@tantani said:

Damm

why people call anything that not exactly the original avengers team bad?

Because some people care more about who is in a costume, than reading a good story.

Kid_jakeriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tantani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Tantani

@slimebeherit: I tried to edit my comment and tell people to re read the books they own if they don't want any change but then the internet stop working lol but I see you got me covered lol

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tantani said:

@slimebeherit: I tried to edit my comment and tell people to re read the books they own if they don't want any change but then the internet stop working lol but I see you got me covered lol

The desire for you to convey that message must have been so strong, that it transferred into my brain. I'm glad I could be of service.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By g2_

@kyo28 said:

I agree, the diversity affected the comics too badly.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

I agree, the diversity affected the comics too badly.

In what way?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By g2_
SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_ said:

@slimebeherit:

(femithor and captain blackmerica)

Yes, Jane Foster is Thor and Sam Wilson is one of the Captain America, but can you explain how that negatively affected comics?

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimebeherit: Because if they do that, people would complain about diversity and I hate that because I hate racist people.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By king_majestros

@g2_ said:

@slimebeherit: Because if they do that, people would complain about diversity and I hate that because I hate racist people.

For me, diversity isn't the problem. It often comes down to which character is taking over the position of the original, and why. That whole "Jane is Thor but Thor is no longer Thor" crap is one of the worse ideas Marvel has ever made, and that has ruined both Jane Foster and Thor to me (hopefully it'll all go back to normal soon). Change is fine, if done right and at the right time. But it certainly doesn't make someone racist for not wanting a "black" version of a "white" character (you're not saying that, I'm just making a point).

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Aren't you the one complaining about it? And as long as there are comics, there will be complaining about comics.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By g2_

@slimebeherit: I am, because if they replace every popular superhero with black people and women, eventually it will lead people to be racist.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: Wierd that you say that you agree with @king_majestros and then you directly contradict yourself.

@king_majestros: I tend to agree. I never assume someone is racist just because they don't like when a different character takes over the mantle of anothet character. I always let the person argue what it is that they don't like about it. I do wish the transition of passing the torch was more organic but at the same time comic fans can also be so impatient.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slimebeherit: I agreed with him that Jane Foster is a terrible idea.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g2_: I guess the "agree completely" made me think otherwise.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyo28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyo28

For me diversity is a problem when it is forcibly written into a story or into a universe. And that is clearly the case here. It's abundantly clear that Marvel execs (or should I say Disney execs) told the writers to "make it happen". Just give us a multi-diverse Marvel universe, do it in the span of a year or so and keep the names and costumes. And that's how you get absurdities like Miles Morales running around in the main Marvel universe or Bruce Banner being separated from his Hulk-entity or Sam Wilson becoming Captain America while Steve Rogers is turned into a Hydra agent. It all feels so much as unnatural and forced story-telling.

I don't mind change and I've loved various iterations of the Avengers. But I despise a version of the Avengers with a forcibly written black Captain America and femithor simply for the sake of diversity. Create new and exciting characters with multi-diverse backgrounds, write interesting stories with these characters and have them join the Avengers and I'm all in. But not like this, not this aberration.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyo28 said:

For me diversity is a problem when it is forcibly written into a story or into a universe. And that is clearly the case here. It's abundantly clear that Marvel execs (or should I say Disney execs) told the writers to "make it happen". Just give us a multi-diverse Marvel universe, do it in the span of a year or so and keep the names and costumes. And that's how you get absurdities like Miles Morales running around in the main Marvel universe or Bruce Banner being separated from his Hulk-entity or Sam Wilson becoming Captain America while Steve Rogers is turned into a Hydra agent. It all feels so much as unnatural and forced story-telling.

I don't mind change and I've loved various iterations of the Avengers. But I despise a version of the Avengers with a forcibly written black Captain America and femithor simply for the sake of diversity. Create new and exciting characters with multi-diverse backgrounds, write interesting stories with these characters and have them join the Avengers and I'm all in. But not like this, not this aberration.

It sounds like the problem you have is not diversity, but bad writing.

roy81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_majestros: Really? Because i think Unworthy Thor is an interesting angle. Thor isn't always going to have his hammer to fall back on and that puts him in more positions to do different stories for him.

Just like Hydra-Cap is a crazy idea that produced the best angle of Civil War 2. Iron Doom also goes into Doom in a way that is unexpected.

Drache64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm pissed because only 1 of the team is black and none of the team is blatantly gay.

I won't be happy until the entire team is made up of black lesbians. Then MARVEL will finally have accomplished what they've sought out to do, until then it's simply a half measure.

king_majestros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roy81: Thor doesn't need his Hammer to be Thor. Thor isn't Thor because of the Hammer. Yes, without his Hammer, there ample stories awaiting.

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lionman: Well because its marvel, they just feel like doing it. Or maybe they will say that Ahura just ordered him not to attack his family again, meaning his family and the entire inhuman race. Or maybe they will just say that this a concequence of a time paradox, or that he has a machine that sucks out copies of Ahuran from people or any other excuse that crosses their mind.

El_tio_este

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drache64: LOOOOOL. Didn't you have enough gay love with wiccan and hulkling in new avengers? XD

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Well, looks like Spidey's new armor was tough enough to survive being completely stabbed by Kang's future lance weapon thing...

All jokes aside, this series has been great so far, and the Del Mundo art is growing on me. Looking forward to reading this tomorrow!

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Druzzie

What happened to Miles Morales as an Avenger? That's racist if he's not in the line up!

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie said:

What happened to Miles Morales as an Avenger? That's racist if he's not in the line up!

Miles, Sam Alexander, and Kamala left the Avengers team to form a new team along with TAHulk, Viv, and Cyclops, called the Champions.

Druzzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie said:

Miles, Sam Alexander, and Kamala left the Avengers team to form a new team along with TAHulk, Viv, and Cyclops, called the Champions.

Oh? Thought he was still an avenger in the Civil War 2 storyline.

SlimeBeherit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@druzzie said:.

Oh? Thought he was still an avenger in the Civil War 2 storyline.

He was still an Avenger in CWII, but the events that took place definitely influenced his decision to leave.