Posted by inferiorego (25737 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

ANT-MAN ANNUAL #1

(W) Nick Spencer (A) Ramon Rosanas, Brent Schoonover (CA) David Marquez

• Just in time for the ANT-MAN movie (funny, that), it's the team-up you've been waiting for: Scott Lang and Hank Pym, together again! Ant-bros!

• A classic villain makes his dreaded return!

• And a new hero is born! Well, not born, really -- he's already an adult. Nobody wants to read about a super-baby. (Or do they?)

Rated T+

Item Code: MAY150795In Shops: 7/15/2015SRP: $4.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Staff
#1 Posted by CaptainHoopla (1974 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! Looking good.

#2 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, I've been eagerly awaiting this issue since it was announced. Can't wait to see Hank again (although I really hope they don't actually portray him as a "dick", like Scott said)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#3 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18099 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good.

#4 Posted by dondave (41760 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#6 Posted by galacticshrub (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought I'd be excited about collecting an Ant-Man series, but this book has made me a believer. Can't wait to read it!

#7 Edited by Winter_Kills (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks pretty good, I'm a big fan of Scott Lang from way back, have original copies of his first appearances In Marvel Premiere, & I've been following the character all the way up til now, & I also love Hank Pym & I'm very excited for the movie(& I even followed Cassie as Stature when Scott had a bad case of dead, thanks a lot Bendis!!), but I have yet to pick up this series, namely for monetary reasons, but I've been thinking of picking up the trade; but I'd like an objective opinion: is the book good & worth picking up? I appreciate any input you guys give me, whether I should try the first trade & invest in the series or give it a pass.

The only thing I don't like in this is the implication of Scott being "the other Ant-Man", or Scott being less of a hero than Hank Pym because he isn't- & as I said I love both characters- Scott has proven himself as a hero time & time again, on his own, and also with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Heroes for Hire & the Future Foundation, and even in Alias with Jessica Jones. IMO, Scott has more than earned the right to wear that helmet & not just be called an Ant-Man, but THE Ant-Man.

No Caption Provided

(BTW, it also sucks that they killed off Hank. I also hope here that Hank isn't portrayed as a d!ck like Scott said.)

#8 Posted by donmeca2020 (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the series and im happy were getting some new material.

#9 Posted by just_sayin (3554 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been loving the Ant-Man series. Great to see Hank in it.

#10 Posted by BlueJay2324 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

@winter_kills: It's hard for me to be completely objective but there are reasons to pick it up and to not. The first issue sets up some interesting situations but then goes in a completely different direction. Nick Spencer takes the idea of Scott's family and runs with that as the main focus of the book. If you like a good heartfelt story, this is for you. I know there were some complaints about Cassie's age but they acknowledge that I believe. I'd say it's worth it at least to read the first issue and see if you're interested.

I'm also glad to see Rage of Ultron is in continuity... Old continuity. I just wanted an answer on that and I'm hoping we get something interesting out of it considering I don't believe we've seen the last of Hank.

#11 Posted by butters911 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

Love me some PYM!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18099 posts) - - Show Bio

This looks pretty good, I'm a big fan of Scott Lang from way back, have original copies of his first appearances In Marvel Premiere, & I've been following the character all the way up til now, & I also love Hank Pym & I'm very excited for the movie(& I even followed Cassie as Stature when Scott had a bad case of dead, thanks a lot Bendis!!), but I have yet to pick up this series, namely for monetary reasons, but I've been thinking of picking up the trade; but I'd like an objective opinion: is the book good & worth picking up? I appreciate any input you guys give me, whether I should try the first trade & invest in the series or give it a pass.

The only thing I don't like in this is the implication of Scott being "the other Ant-Man", or Scott being less of a hero than Hank Pym because he isn't- & as I said I love both characters- Scott has proven himself as a hero time & time again, on his own, and also with the Avengers, Fantastic Four, Heroes for Hire & the Future Foundation, and even in Alias with Jessica Jones. IMO, Scott has more than earned the right to wear that helmet & not just be called an Ant-Man, but THE Ant-Man.

No Caption Provided

(BTW, it also sucks that they killed off Hank. I also hope here that Hank isn't portrayed as a d!ck like Scott said.)

This deserves a like. wheres the like button?!?!

#13 Posted by Winter_Kills (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

@winter_kills: It's hard for me to be completely objective but there are reasons to pick it up and to not. The first issue sets up some interesting situations but then goes in a completely different direction. Nick Spencer takes the idea of Scott's family and runs with that as the main focus of the book. If you like a good heartfelt story, this is for you. I know there were some complaints about Cassie's age but they acknowledge that I believe. I'd say it's worth it at least to read the first issue and see if you're interested.

I'm also glad to see Rage of Ultron is in continuity... Old continuity. I just wanted an answer on that and I'm hoping we get something interesting out of it considering I don't believe we've seen the last of Hank.

I'll definitely pick up the first & see if it fits my tastes, thanks so much for your take on it, it really feels honest & I appreciate that. I do love that Cassie is back, & I loved Scott being one of the few heroes to be a parent, & their relationship & how being a good dad, and the kind of man, the kind of hero he wants his daughter to be able to look up to is a very realistic motivation; I too had my questions about her age since I followed her as Stature; I'm glad to know that's going to be acknowledged & explained.

Yeah, this cleared up Rage of Ultron for me as well...wasn't happy with that one since I love me some Pym as well, but I'm with you: I'd don't think we've seen the last of Hank, & I hope he's able to come back in an interesting story post-SW.

@winter_kills said:

No Caption Provided

This deserves a like. wheres the like button?!?!

Thanks man, just sticking up for two of my main guys, Scott & Hank. Been rooting for both guys for years & I want to see the best for both of them, & the respect they both deserve.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
#14 Posted by The Impersonator (8487 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided