Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN RENEW YOUR VOWS #4

No Caption Provided

(W) Gerry Conway (A/CA) Ryan Stegman

• A story so big we had to extend it to another issue!

• The Spider-Family has finally banded together as a team!

• But that still doesn't scare the Mole Man...

Rated T

DEC160971 In Shops: Feb 08, 2017 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

MJ <3

One of the finest Marvel women and putting spandex costume on makes her even 100x hotter.

This is the definitive Peter Parker! This is the definitive MJ!

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

MJ <3

One of the finest Marvel women and putting spandex costume on makes her even 100x hotter.

This is the definitive Peter Parker! This is the definitive MJ!

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Loading Video...

RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This series is downright terrible. Art is bad and it's like it's written for 5 year olds. MJ in a costume still looks absurd.

BUT THE MARRIAGE IS BACK! FAMILY MAN PETER FINALLY GROWN UP! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MAIN CONTINUITY RIGHT????

Spider-Man is my favorite hero btw, but this series is a big let-down. I hope this guy doesn't write Spider-Man after Slott.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By ursaber

This series is downright terrible. Art is bad and it's like it's written for 5 year olds. MJ in a costume still looks absurd.

BUT THE MARRIAGE IS BACK! FAMILY MAN PETER FINALLY GROWN UP! THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MAIN CONTINUITY RIGHT????

Spider-Man is my favorite hero btw, but this series is a big let-down. I hope this guy doesn't write Spider-Man after Slott.

WHY!?

This series is excellent. The art is pure eyecandy, completely vibrant and energetic and positive. Spider Man and MJ are written in-character and Conway has managed to write Annie like a true kid.

The guy writing this story is the dude who wrote Spider Man's most legendary story: Night Gwen Stacy Died and the second Amazing Spider Man writer succeeding Stan Lee. He's awesome and fully pro marriage.

Case in point this series is AWESOME and by far the best Spider Man book out there. Like lightyears away better than anything else.

Slott's ASM and Clone Conspiracy are pure garbage.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By knightwriteri

@rabumalal: Conway wrote The Night Gwen Stacy Died, invented Tombstone, Hammerhead and the Punisher and wrote the original 1970's Clone Saga the only one everyone likes so watch your keyboard ya moron the guy can write characters something Slott couldn't do to save his life.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: Looking good! I finally caught up because my comic book store didn't have copies which is a good thing! I'm hoping this book continues to do well!

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By knightwriteri
knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By knightwriteri

@ursaber: Yeah the only stories half this good since OMD were Spiral by Gerry Conway, Family Business, The Real Clone Saga and the last few years of Spider-Girl.

knightwriteri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infantfinite128: After the Clone Conspiracy the only reason anyone will be picking up Slott's run is to see Parker Industries fall sales should drop hopefully RYV can surpass it.

ItsaWorld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber said:
@rabumalal said:

WHY!?

This series is excellent. The art is pure eyecandy, completely vibrant and energetic and positive. Spider Man and MJ are written in-character and Conway has managed to write Annie like a true kid.

The guy writing this story is the dude who wrote Spider Man's most legendary story: Night Gwen Stacy Died and the second Amazing Spider Man writer succeeding Stan Lee. He's awesome and fully pro marriage.

Case in point this series is AWESOME and by far the best Spider Man book out there. Like lightyears away better than anything else.

Slott's ASM and Clone Conspiracy are pure garbage.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I feel this series is the closest thing we get to authentic spidey. Sorry but Gerry Conway is a longtime spiderman writer and is notoriously known to have made some of the greatest Spidey stories and created the Punisher.

To me, Gerry is doing a good job at showcasing everything that Spidey should be and originally was. Yes it's weird that MJ is in a supersuit but it has grown on me thanks to how its presented. Annie is enjoyable to read and not annoying but does act very childlike. Ryan Stegman is a pretty good artist in my opinion. I enjoy his work. Even though I didn't touch superior spiderman, I did notice the art in that series was excellent. From what I see in RYV, he may even be getting better at his art as time goes on.

But yeah, Renew Your Vows won't be for everyone and the first story arc has dragged the battle on for some time to showcase how each family member spends their day. Still it's to flesh out the world of RYV a bit more but it can come off as annoying.

This may not be for you, but to me, It's highly enjoyable and what we miss. Dan Slott's writing is everywhere and I have no clue what will be left in Spider-Man's supporting cast when he is done with his next story arc. Dan Slott is a definite no for me with Conway being the guy I want writing my Peter Parker stories.

To each their own but I think RYV is the better book.

amazingfantasy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving the series! Amazing art and writing. I hope it lasts for a long time.

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: so excited! I always love the weeks when a new issue of RYV comes out. it feels like such a long time waiting between issues though. Part of me wishes this series was biweekly but i'd rather Conway and Stegman continue to have more time to write better stories.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: so excited! I always love the weeks when a new issue of RYV comes out. it feels like such a long time waiting between issues though. Part of me wishes this series was biweekly but i'd rather Conway and Stegman continue to have more time to write better stories.

Me too. However I know for a fact that the quality of the art and the writing would suffer if they rushed to bi weekly releases. As much as I hate to wait, its better as a monthly series. However if Gerry and Stegman could get another writer and artist, they could all work in concert to provide bi-weekly releases. Remember in the atrocious Brand New Day, five writers wrote ASM and released like three or four issues a month.

However Conway would only do this to make bi weekly releases with consistent content. Would be nice but I'm super happy with their product. Best Spider book in the market.

SEGENIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stupid question but;am i the only one thinking daughter will be revelead as lesbian?

oldwasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: I agree. That's why I said i'd rather Gerry and Ryan make consistently have more time to make better work. If there was a cowriter working on this series with Gerry and another artist as well before making it a biweekly series it'd probably be better.

@segenis: well she's only like 8 or 9 so I doubt it will happen any time soon.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@segenis said:

Stupid question but;am i the only one thinking daughter will be revelead as lesbian?

Why would you think that? She's just a kid. The other daughter Mayday may have more chances of turning lesbian but even so, why bring LGBT to a kid!?

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The story is nice but I can't bring myself to like their costumes.

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

I love this series so much. I can't wait for this issue. This is the first time in a LONG time where I've enjoyed a Spider-Man comic.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Yassassin

They're nothing here outside of the concept of Peter having a family that makes this comic all that great to me. If you don't have a hard on for its concept alone, It's a pretty typical Moleman story and a pretty typical superhero family story.

ursaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tvc-15 said:

They're nothing here outside of the concept of Peter having a family that makes this comic all that great to me. If you don't have a hard on for its concept alone, It's a pretty typical Moleman story and a pretty typical superhero family story.

Except it's written exceedingly well and drawn gorgeously. This is a quality produce right here regardless of the premise. Not like all the drivel in the main book which has now become a clusterf*ck of genres that feel like anything except Spider Man.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I'm onboard. Instabuy for me when it comes out.

damian2978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By damian2978

seriously, what happened to spider-man comics?

nowadays spider-man stories are more like golden age,silver age superman stories and superman stories are more like spider-man stories in the 60s and in the 70s

i just say, its that spider-man is a hero with personal problems

no matter hes a teenager, or adult. the book itself (when the character was created in 1962) its a comedy drama(soap opera life),not a full comedy,not a full drama

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ursaber: in segenis's defense Marvel does like to push stupid agendas right now and it wouldn't be wildly out of line to think they would try it to bring in new readers that'll only buy an issue or 2 that is if anyone new actually even bothers to pick it up at all. The dumb asses are catering to the people who dont buy their books anyway.

Hopefully what I heard is true and Marvel is going to soon follow DC's example of bringing back what we all liked about the characters before it all went down the toilet. Not going to hold my breathe though.