Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #6

(W) Dan Slott (A/CA) Humberto Ramos

• The finale of the record-breaking first arc of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN where all heck breaks loose on Peter Parker.

• Parker Industries has promised a humane and secure super-villain containment system but Black Cat and Electro have other ideas...

• The secrets of Silk have been revealed!

Rated T

Item Code: JUL140633In Shops: 9/10/2014SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

O.O no way.... seriously? :o

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@teerack: ofcourse Peter wont get outed. Peter will end up making deal with the devil again.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

the art

make it stop

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By kidchipotle

Nope, won't be revealed, I can guarantee it.

It would be funny though if Jonah actually unmasks him and people either see a blurred face or a completely different person under the mask due to Mephisto's curse.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: ofcourse Peter wont get outed. Peter will end up making deal with the devil again.

Peter doesn't have true love to offer to Mephisto to destroy, so that plot can never happen again.

cobra88king8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By cobra88king8

@superior_prime_maybe: But what if he does? What if he does and it completely changes everything. He doesn't have to protect Gwen or Mary Jane any more. May doesn't live in NYC anymore and isn't threatened directly anymore. Why shouldn't his identity be public now?

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

God Black Cat has been handled horribly this arc. All the strange, obscure things she's seen alongside Spidey and on her own in the Marvel Universe, and Peter being brain-swapped is hard to believe? I mean just the way he was talking in and of itself should be a dead give away...it's just so painful to read such a great character be mishandled. And why does everything she say need to have sexual innuendo behind it? She's always been flirtatious, but really only with Peter. Not every guy she comes across.

And I need Ramos off the art, it just doesn't work for me.

I may be in the minority of those two opinions, but it really does prevent me from enjoying one of my favorite heroes. Not to mention prevented me from enjoying Peter's return arc. The funny thing is Slott has written Felicia well in Big Time, I don't know why the change.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobra88king8: Because plot! One of the things about Peter Stories is the humor in keeping a secret identity. Once it is done, writers will run out of idea of keep him interesting. Thats what happened the last time. Its a good intense moment, and one of the reasons why civil war was so gripping to a lot. Its not something like how they can do that with DareDevil. Daredevil is much more mature as a character, and his stories barely revolved around keeping a secret.
Same goes for batman. Once the world knows Bruce Wayne is batman it will lead some interesting events and then run out of ideas. And will eventually get retconed.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@fallschirmjager said:

the art

make it stop

Yknow, I like Ramos' art, but I can easily see why someone wouldn't.
Its weird; Ramos has a really niche style that doesn't have mass appeal to Marvel's target audience, but between his multiple runs on different Spidey books, and all of his cover work, he's basically been the "face" of Spider-Man since 2011.

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

A one page preview, talk about lame

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: MetH feels sorry for you because you Have bad taste in art. HUMBERTO RAMOS is tHe $#!%.

Also if you know you're not gonna like it, wHy click tHe tHread?

-ABstract4$$#073-

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh my god....

Peter is living with Doc Ock's girlfriend?!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

@m3th said:

@fallschirmjager: MetH feels sorry for you because you Have bad taste in art. HUMBERTO RAMOS is tHe $#!%.

Also if you know you're not gonna like it, wHy click tHe tHread?

-ABstract4$$#073-

falls feels sorry for you because you have bad taste in art. ramos art is shit.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

Oh my god....

Yes.

IDontLikeBirds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier: Well they are kinda changing Catwoman into Talia Al-Ghul , which is also annoying as hell.

What is with editors making these feline characters going cold and vindictive when it was the opposite that made them appealing. But I guess that is what ''cool'' nowadays.... *sigh*

WarDishy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@m3th: Perhaps he wanted to click on the thread because he wants to see what's going on with Spidey? Not to mention that Humberto Ramos is one of several artists that often rotates Spidey duties.

Personally I'm not a hardcore Ramos hater. and most of that page is fine, but that panel with JJJ... that just does not work for me at all.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After what, 10 years or so, I'm pretty used to Ramos.

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arturocalakayvee: i dont think it would be revealed but mephisto's curse is only making people forget peter is spidey, they can learn now like carlie and anna

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cobra88king8: im not sure if i flagged u, i was trying to reply, so im sorry if i did, but do u really think kingpin wont send anybody to boston? And peter will still protect his friends (exes) no matter what

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lagozzino: That's kinda my thing. It really isn't bad. It's quite nice, in fact. It's just not my style, so I don't really care for it. The man has talent, though, that's for sure.

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: Does he have a pet cat or gold fish? Maybe a soft pillow or even some spare change lying around? Ol' scratch will take anything for a deal, it seems.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaine_17 said:

@arturocalakayvee: i dont think it would be revealed but mephisto's curse is only making people forget peter is spidey, they can learn now like carlie and anna

This is true..but hey, plotholes? :P

webheadcomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@granitesoldier I totally agree. I keep hoping for a good Spider-man issue from the Amazing team but it just isn't working. Ultimate Spider-Man is definitely a better series so far

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: You forgot tHe *tHe*.

"ramos art is tHe $#!%" you mean. It's ok tHo probably just a mobile auto-correct error. It Happens to everyone.

-ABstract4$$#073-

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By darthfury78

The question is will Felicia's original memories of Peter as Spider-Man being restored to her? If so, then she's the only one who could protect his secret after looking at his face. That's the only way that she'll know that Peter's telling her the truth about Otto taking over his body, which lead to her arrest. Let this be the last time Slott uses Felicia for a long time..

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

Oh my god....

Yes. And I believe that Anna Maria will be Parker Industries downfall, as well as for Peter Parker because she knows that he didn't earn his Ph.D on his own merits. I think that Sloot deliberately character assassinated Mary Jane and Felicia so that his pet creations, Sanji, Anna Maria, and Cindy Moon will get the spotlight on Peter Parker.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol, now just knowing Marvel's marketing strategy...this would've gotten spoiled 4 months ago on a MTV/Newspaper site because thats how they released the last 3 shocking plots twist(Wolverine death, Steve Trevor down, Return of Peter Parker)...Not through keeping quiet, but through insane publicity releases...my bet is the very next panel clears this all up

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah his identity isn't being revealed. Marvel would have announced it before hand to cash in.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2 said:

@darthfury78: Why would she expose him?

Because she blames him for the lost of her reputation. But I believe that Felicia will see Spider-Man's face behind the mask first and quickly cover up his face. That might lead to the return of her original memories.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Teerack

@waezi2 said:

@darthfury78: Why would she expose him?

Because she blames him for the lost of her reputation. But I believe that Felicia will see Spider-Man's face behind the mask first and quickly cover up his face. That might lead to the return of her original memories.

Because of how OMD worked the second she sees Peter's face her original memories would return.