Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

ALL-NEW WOLVERINE #11

(W) Tom Taylor (A) Ig Guara (CA) Bengal

CIVIL WAR II TIE-IN!

DESTINY COMES KNOCKING FOR WOLVERINE!

• LAURA KINNEY has fought all her life to avoid a destiny she did not want.

• She has fought against instincts that would make her nothing more than a weapon to be used by others, instead becoming a hero - becoming WOLVERINE.

• But now, destiny intrudes again, this time threatening those dearest to her. And with a SUPER HERO CIVIL WAR tearing her world apart, is there any hope that Wolverine will emerge victorious? Or will she finally succumb to destiny?

Rated T+

In Shops: Aug 17, 2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

eliottsworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Can we ditch the actual live wolverine that's in the apartment? I enjoy this series outside of that bit of ridiculousness that doesn't gel with the otherwise serious tone of the rest of the book.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap wanting to detain Wolverine seems quite out of character for someone who was anti registration act.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@eliottsworld: I disagree--I think it's funny that any character named Wolverine finally has a pet wolverine. Though I wonder where the name came from.....(John Belushi?)

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

Looking forwards to this.

Can we ditch the actual live wolverine that's in the apartment? I enjoy this series outside of that bit of ridiculousness that doesn't gel with the otherwise serious tone of the rest of the book.

There's been quite a bit of random acts of nonsense in this book besides that of Jonathan... like Laura diffusing Gabby's argument by ordering random take-out. Or like Hill going all Matrix on them. And the whale music...

@daak1212 said:

Cap wanting to detain Wolverine seems quite out of character for someone who was anti registration act.

Now that you mention it, yes it is... but who knows, perhaps it's that 'Hail Hydra' stuff thats influencing him?

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Ambaryerno

Aaaaa! Can Gabby get any more adorable?!

Also, the coloring in this book is MUCH better than issue 10. Makes a huge difference.

I'm hoping Taylor mentions Laura and Steve's last encounter during Target: X. He took a BIG risk at the time letting her go, so it would be interesting to see what he actually thinks of what she's become since then.

@eliottsworld: I disagree--I think it's funny that any character named Wolverine finally has a pet wolverine. Though I wonder where the name came from.....(John Belushi?)

I believe it was meant as an inside joke: For much of his childhood Logan thought his father was John Howlett. I'd asked Taylor about it once on FB, and his reply was ;-)
Also, agreed! All hail Jonathan the Unstoppable!
xsbrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xsbrx

Why are they drawing X-23 like she's an old woman Especially on the last page

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Stellar421

@daak1212 said:

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 the_stegman  Moderator

Cool WW cover homage.

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that you mention it, yes it is... but who knows, perhaps it's that 'Hail Hydra' stuff thats influencing him?

Laura actually says that this doesn't even sound like him. Maybe he is just anti-Tony Stark out of principle lol.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

@galerion said:
@outside_85 said:

Laura actually says that this doesn't even sound like him. Maybe he is just anti-Tony Stark out of principle lol.

Either that, or (maybe) the original Civil War stance Steve had was that even if they signed up, they'd technically only be able to go where they wanted to and do what they wanted to if the government had given permission... technically still in jail. This is perhaps different to him because there is someone telling them 'this will happen, I've seen it' rather than Reed Richards going 'this is going to happen eventually and I have the formula to prove it'. (Not sure if this happens before or after Tony comes to them all with his analysis).

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ambaryerno

@sbr999 said:

Why are they drawing X-23 like she's an old woman Especially on the last page

That's been my main complaint with Guarra's line art so far.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always enjoy how in comics a character will talking to an alternate version of character he knows and just act like it's the same character he has known for years.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: Aw. I would've liked the in-joke to be about Belushi. That SNL sketch of his was a classic! And to further drive the point home....

No Caption Provided
Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@daak1212 said:

Yea that was then, now he seems to be embracing fascism. It's amazing to me how quickly the American legal system has changed, now you're guilty until proven innocent. Red Skull must be looking at Steve's actions and wondering where Captain America is.

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jim158

Lifetime network meets Marvel comics. The new missing father is going to kill the illegitimate daughter. Did they think this up while watching the Lifetime network. Laura "I know you are going to kill my clone daughter but I still love you pop". Best case scenario the soldiers have a special bullet to put in the Wolverines head and end this story by page 5?

Pelykan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is Cap still a hydra agent in this or is that a standalone thing or something?

Galerion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Galerion
@outside_85 said:
@galerion said:
@outside_85 said:

Either that, or (maybe) the original Civil War stance Steve had was that even if they signed up, they'd technically only be able to go where they wanted to and do what they wanted to if the government had given permission... technically still in jail. This is perhaps different to him because there is someone telling them 'this will happen, I've seen it' rather than Reed Richards going 'this is going to happen eventually and I have the formula to prove it'. (Not sure if this happens before or after Tony comes to them all with his analysis).

I wouldn't make a difference myself between these two scenarios to be honest. No matter if someone "sees" something or makes scientific predictions I cannot make sure they are correct. As a matter of fact with scientific predictions I could at least prove them right or wrong though very unlikely because I would need to be the equal to one of the smartest persons in the world.

Someone "seeing" something cannot be proven right or wrong though unless the event has already happened or didn't. We might as well listen to Nostradamus.

@pelykan said:

So is Cap still a hydra agent in this or is that a standalone thing or something?

Of course he is. The thing is nobody in-universe knows and casuals who don't follow Marvel and don't read Steves book will not either. Infiltrating society everywhere is kinda Hydras thing.

@cattlebattle said:

I always enjoy how in comics a character will talking to an alternate version of character he knows and just act like it's the same character he has known for years.

Well Cap and OML already met each other in OMLs book before.

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By VVknight2

@cattlebattle: Well Cap knew Logan pretty well I bet he would treat him the same and OML probably knew his Steve Rodgers pretty well too so it's probably the same for him as well.

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By igilistr

@mark_stephen said:

Yea that was then, now he seems to be embracing fascism. It's amazing to me how quickly the American legal system has changed, now you're guilty until proven innocent. Red Skull must be looking at Steve's actions and wondering where Captain America is.

Im gonna spare you humiliating confesion that you dont know that Red Skull got Steve brainwashed into loyal Hydra agent. It was that sentient cosmic cube, who has quite unhealty relationship with Skull, to be precise.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@igilistr said:
@mark_stephen said:

Im gonna spare you humiliating confesion that you dont know that Red Skull got Steve brainwashed into loyal Hydra agent. It was that sentient cosmic cube, who has quite unhealty relationship with Skull, to be precise.

Spare me nothing O condescending one, as far as I know Steve is not being affected by the Red Skull in this issue. If you have evidence to the contrary then I am wrong. Being wrong is having come to a mistaken conclusion or not having all of the facts to make that conclusion. But there is nothing humiliating in being wrong. But it hasn't been established yet -at least to me- that it it Skull-Steven in this issue. If you have evidence that is the case then show it.

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least Hawkeye is not around to kill Logan, like they did to Banner...

Soo what is Gabby's secret that might have Logan kill her ? I mean it must be something BIG for Logan to even consider such a thing, especially with Laura being there.

Also, with these ''visions'', there are no longer privacy laws , I assume since they can literally barge in anywhere they want. Yes, I know Cap asked to be in but the rest of the crew ? They would've probably shoot up the whole place because ''VISIONS ! '' ...Congratz Captain FACIST Marvel...You are acting more like Hydra than the actual Cosmic Cube altered Steve....

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ambaryerno

@wowlock said:

Soo what is Gabby's secret that might have Logan kill her ? I mean it must be something BIG for Logan to even consider such a thing, especially with Laura being there.

It's unclear so far. We DO know Gabby is keeping the fact she has at least one claw (between the middle and ring fingers of her right hand. It hasn't been confirmed if she has more than just the one) secret from Laura, and may be hiding something else. It appears the Gabby of his universe did SOMETHING he tried to warn Laura about, but she refused to even listen in the last issue. What that is hasn't been revealed yet, nor is it clear whether the two are related. However I find it significant that Logan immediately asked whether Gabby intends to hurt Laura the first time they had a moment alone together.

Presumably we'll learn more about what happened to Laura and Gabby in his universe and how it relates to the current situation in the next two issues.

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: He is being affected by Red Skull because when Kobik the cosmic cube made Steve a hydra agent she did't just brain wash him she rewrote his history so he's always been hydra even when he was a boy.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@vvknight2 said:

@mark_stephen: He is being affected by Red Skull because when Kobik the cosmic cube made Steve a hydra agent she did't just brain wash him she rewrote his history so he's always been hydra even when he was a boy.

That was in another title and as I've learned -as we've all learned especially in big events- what happens in one issue doesn't always carry over to another title. This could be the Steve before or after that situation was resolved. If there is a way to tell then let me know, but I won't take it for granted that this Steve is the altered Steve.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wowlock said:

Well at least Hawkeye is not around to kill Logan, like they did to Banner...

Also, with these ''visions'', there are no longer privacy laws , I assume since they can literally barge in anywhere they want. Yes, I know Cap asked to be in but the rest of the crew ? They would've probably shoot up the whole place because ''VISIONS ! '' ...Congratz Captain FACIST Marvel...You are acting more like Hydra than the actual Cosmic Cube altered Steve....

The amazing thing is that the visions have caused the United States to completely revise the US Constitution and the American system of justice. Even for writers as ignorant of the legal system as the marvel writers have proven themselves to be that's a bit much.

VVknight2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Well It's not before because he got altered when he got turned young again and he's wearing his most recent uniform and I'm pretty sure it's not after since this takes place during the Civil War II events and Steve is apparently going to use this war to his invantage and all.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@vvknight2 said:

@mark_stephen: Well It's not before because he got altered when he got turned young again and he's wearing his most recent uniform and I'm pretty sure it's not after since this takes place during the Civil War II events and Steve is apparently going to use this war to his invantage and all.

That would be plausible, but poor co-ordination of storylines in a marvel big event is too common to ignore. In other words until there's some sort of confirmation to me this is just regular Steve being badly written for the sake of beefing up an artificial conflict.

Another amazing thing is that Laura expects some sort of gratitude from SHIELD? I didn't think she was that naive.

igilistr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mark_stephen: Steve is still brainvashed in it. Hydra-Cap hast been solved in solo series, tie-ins take place during CW2 and judjin from previews, he still will be mental after it. Actually, Steves brain is scrambled to the point, that he should rename himself into CAPTAIN DEADPOOL (despite fact that Wade is compared to brainwasht Steve examle of "perfect mental health"). When you look at it, this bad writing is only way how propely write Captain Deadpool.

If it is a real Steve of course. You dont understand? Well, thing is that i dont think this Steve Rogers is Steve Rogers at all. Its Armin Zola who transfered his mind to clone and this entire Dimension Z bullcrap is only Matrix like program which Zola used to learn how to be Cap. He later put Sharon in it too, only to created her older clone, then more clones and used this Dimension Z trauma as exuse for Zola-Caps flaved acting. Also this "Loss of supersoldier serum and been turned to (bad) grandpa" was only fabricated, cause Zola-Cap started aged too much.

Its only fan teory, but it make sence considerin that Steve lost his supersoldier serum one and he was normal, last events, or fact that he give Falcon (who after it start havin jerkass moments) most revolting costume in hystory, makin him "The ugliest guy in the Universe".

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@igilistr said:

@mark_stephen: Steve is still brainvashed in it. Hydra-Cap hast been solved in solo series, tie-ins take place during CW2 and judjin from previews, he still will be mental after it. Actually, Steves brain is scrambled to the point, that he should rename himself into CAPTAIN DEADPOOL (despite fact that Wade is compared to brainwasht Steve examle of "perfect mental health"). When you look at it, this bad writing is only way how propely write Captain Deadpool.

If it is a real Steve of course. You dont understand? Well, thing is that i dont think this Steve Rogers is Steve Rogers at all. Its Armin Zola who transfered his mind to clone and this entire Dimension Z bullcrap is only Matrix like program which Zola used to learn how to be Cap. He later put Sharon in it too, only to created her older clone, then more clones and used this Dimension Z trauma as exuse for Zola-Caps flaved acting. Also this "Loss of supersoldier serum and been turned to (bad) grandpa" was only fabricated, cause Zola-Cap started aged too much.

Its only fan teory, but it make sence considerin that Steve lost his supersoldier serum one and he was normal, last events, or fact that he give Falcon (who after it start havin jerkass moments) most revolting costume in hystory, makin him "The ugliest guy in the Universe".

And that's a good theory, but again we have no guarantee that there is storyline co-ordination between the titles. Remember last civil war? It could be the same this time, a writer wants to use a character and he uses them, not knowing or more likely not caring what's going on in the characters main title. This Steve who easily gives into Carol's fascism might just be the 'real' Steve as far as the story goes with no outside influence.

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Molly>Gabby

harlequinreala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap acts completely out of character, it goes over everyone's head.

The pet Wolverine thing...c'mon....

Avatar image for antihero_jaymok
Antihero_Jaymok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pet wolverine? Super Awesome.

Crazy Captain Deadpool guy? Super Duper Awesome, in a Mystery Novel kind of way.

Old Man Logan acting like old dead Logan with new Crazy Cap? Uh... What?

Laura acting so out of character (in everything she's in lately)? I'm not drinking that Kook-Aid...

'Nuff said.

Zainu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want those plush dolls for my bed.