Posted by inferiorego (25719 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

ALL NEW ALL DIFFERENT AVENGERS #3

(W) Mark Waid (A) Adam Kubert (CA) Alex Ross

Warbringer has made good on his name, and the All-New Avengers stand poised to yank defeat from the jaws of victory unless they can put their differences aside--and in the case of Ms. Marvel and Nova, that doesn't seem very likely!

Rated T+

Item Code: OCT150878In Shops: 1/13/2016SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Staff
#1 Posted by RoseFairchild (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahahaha! And that last panel is why I'm ok with teen heroes being on the Avengers. To watch them give Tony headaches by being teenagers. :3

Avatar image for misternefarious
#2 Posted by MisterNefarious (149 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosefairchild: I'm actually really fond of this lineup. It's got some oldies in Tony and Sam along with some newbies standing in for classic characters. I'm a fan.

I think Miles, Kamala and Sam would make a great three-hero team just on their own.

#3 Posted by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

i miss the Hickman run.....but this seems promising

#4 Edited by mrkareemruiz (477 posts) - - Show Bio

@misternefarious: Eww teen three way, this book is great. Mies is the best of them

#5 Posted by GalacticFork (468 posts) - - Show Bio

@rosefairchild: This will also be an interesting dynamic with Tony having to balance being a leader and being "an adult." Giving orders vs telling kids what to do because he's an adult and knows what's best (tm). (The second to last panel was an example of doing it wrong.)

#6 Posted by SEGENIS (164 posts) - - Show Bio

This series has constantly been one of my favourite

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
#7 Posted by Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin (3978 posts) - - Show Bio

The mix of Veteran Heroes and new teen promises is great! I'm a great fan of Khamala and New Nova [and of Vision] and the dynamic seems great!

#8 Posted by luciferjonez (210 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything about this team reeks of Disney-fied political correctness. look at the lineup, the diversity in religion, race, gender, age. I'm all for it! But it seems like this lineup came out of a focus group result moreso than a few middle aged comic geeks sitting in an office brainstorming on a cool lineup. This is a mouse eared corporate designed team.

#9 Posted by saucygiraffe (126 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

Just not that interested in yet another Avengers title. I've lost count of the franchise operations they've put out and really I don't think any of them deserve the name. It's like slapping an Avengers bumper sticker on a Prius and calling it heroic.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
#11 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

Everything about this team reeks of Disney-fied political correctness. look at the lineup, the diversity in religion, race, gender, age. I'm all for it! But it seems like this lineup came out of a focus group result moreso than a few middle aged comic geeks sitting in an office brainstorming on a cool lineup. This is a mouse eared corporate designed team.

Accept the fact that All New All Different is the culmination of loads of gender and race changes of key heroes. We should really start complaining on the fact that Marvel's supposedly premier superhero team has admitted teenage rookies. I accept that people really enjoy these characters, no problem, but shouldn't they be in some kind of team for teenagers? You know, like Teen Titans or Infinity Inc?

#12 Posted by emers109 (147 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattydavehalpeo: There has been teenagers on the Avengers before, like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. It's sort of a tradition for the Earth's Mightiest to allow young heroes to rove their worth.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#14 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7646 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good book,not great yet, but good. Seeing the next generation of heroes learning the ropes from the big guys is a fun read. I don't the whining I'm seeing in this thread.

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
#15 Posted by oldnightcrawler (5695 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@mattydavehalpeo: There has been teenagers on the Avengers before, like Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver. It's sort of a tradition for the Earth's Mightiest to allow young heroes to rove their worth.

Exactly! thank you!

-and all 3 of these newer characters already have more experience than QS and SW did when they joined.

#16 Posted by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@oldnightcrawler: And let's not forget that the Wasp, a FOUNDING member of the Avengers, was underage when she fought alongside Iron Man, Hulk, Antman and Thor

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
#17 Posted by youmessinwithme (1700 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@oldnightcrawler: And let's not forget that the Wasp, a FOUNDING member of the Avengers, was underage when she fought alongside Iron Man, Hulk, Antman and Thor

what?? I was under the impression that wasp was at the very least over 18 in the Original Avengers.

#18 Posted by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme: 17, maybe. Not many remember this, but Wasp was aantman's teenage sidekick.

#19 Edited by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@youmessinwithme: 17, maybe. Not many remember this, but Wasp was aantman's teenage sidekick.

Whaaaaa? How old was Antman at the time roughly?

#20 Posted by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattydavehalpeo: 25? He was older than Jan, one of the reasons to why he was uncomfortable about her having a schoolgirl crush on him

#21 Edited by Supi (185 posts) - - Show Bio

This title follows the example of the pre 52 JSA.We see the veterans took under their mantle the young heroes of the new generation,became their mentors and even with their differences they work out as a team!!Kubert's art is astonishing as with everything he ever done..

#22 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@mattydavehalpeo: 25? He was older than Jan, one of the reasons to why he was uncomfortable about her having a schoolgirl crush on him

Wow, I did not know this. Where did you find this out? Is there any more interesting facts like this about Marvel characters?

#23 Posted by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@mattydavehalpeo: I read Busiek's run on the Avengers as well as a reprint of silverage origins.

Other facts... Hmm...

Did you know that ironman and Cap's reasons for being fot/against the superhero registration act doesn't add up with their history? Tony has always been uncomfortable with the government having too much power.

#24 Posted by Vendel (372 posts) - - Show Bio

"A curious expertise for the God of Thunder to hold".

What? That is what is curious?

#25 Posted by jwp5 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

We need the old Thor back.

#26 Posted by luciferjonez (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@luciferjonez said:

Accept the fact that All New All Different is the culmination of loads of gender and race changes of key heroes. We should really start complaining on the fact that Marvel's supposedly premier superhero team has admitted teenage rookies. I accept that people really enjoy these characters, no problem, but shouldn't they be in some kind of team for teenagers? You know, like Teen Titans or Infinity Inc?

I have no issue with the race or gender changes, as a matter of fact I said so in my second albeit short sentence. Of course the teenage rookies are an issue, and if this were the Marvel days of yore this concept would have never passed the kids in the mailroom never mind an editorial buy off. This lineup reeks of big corporate hands in the pot attitude of "let's tweak it to make it more relatable to the youngsters."

I'm all for changing things up for a new generation, but this is too D-list of a lineup.

#27 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

@mattydavehalpeo: I read Busiek's run on the Avengers as well as a reprint of silverage origins.

Other facts... Hmm...

Did you know that Ironman and Cap's reasons for being for/against the superhero registration act doesn't add up with their history? Tony has always been uncomfortable with the government having too much power.

Makes sense considering Tony's a self-interested businessman who likely loathes regulation, and Cap is meant to be the superhero embodiment of America. I suppose the reason they went with the sides they did was because Tony was already a bit too friendly with Shield and had a public identity (so didn't have anything to lose), and Steve thought the S.R.A. went against the American founding principle of liberty.

#28 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio
@mattydavehalpeo said:
@luciferjonez said:

I have no issue with the race or gender changes, as a matter of fact I said so in my second albeit short sentence. Of course the teenage rookies are an issue, and if this were the Marvel days of yore this concept would have never passed the kids in the mailroom never mind an editorial buy off. This lineup reeks of big corporate hands in the pot attitude of "let's tweak it to make it more relatable to the youngsters."

I'm all for changing things up for a new generation, but this is too D-list of a lineup.

Yeah sorry, I misread your original comment.

#29 Posted by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:

Other facts... Hmm...

Did you know that Ironman and Cap's reasons for being for/against the superhero registration act doesn't add up with their history? Tony has always been uncomfortable with the government having too much power.

Makes sense considering Tony's a self-interested businessman who likely loathes regulation, and Cap is meant to be the superhero embodiment of America. I suppose the reason they went with the sides they did was because Tony was already a bit too friendly with Shield and had a public identity (so didn't have anything to lose), and Steve thought the S.R.A. went against the American founding principle of liberty.

Actually, Iron Man's identity was a secret before Civil War(Yes, he revealed his identity to the puplic once, but then used satellites to make everyone forget he was Tony Stark, don't ask). He unmasked before the SRA was made official in order to show that he supported the law.

Originally Cap was going to be Pro-Reg and Iron Man was going to be Anti-Reg. But Quesada asked Millar(writer of Civil War) to reverse it for... reasons. No, really!

Also, one of the other reasons to why Tony supported registration was that he knew that there was talk about making Sentinels to hunt down superheroes.

#30 Posted by MattyDaveHalPeo (665 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:
@mattydavehalpeo said:
@waezi2 said:

Other facts... Hmm...

Actually, Iron Man's identity was a secret before Civil War(Yes, he revealed his identity to the puplic once, but then used satellites to make everyone forget he was Tony Stark, don't ask). He unmasked before the SRA was made official in order to show that he supported the law.

Originally Cap was going to be Pro-Reg and Iron Man was going to be Anti-Reg. But Quesada asked Millar(writer of Civil War) to reverse it for... reasons. No, really!

Also, one of the other reasons to why Tony supported registration was that he knew that there was talk about making Sentinels to hunt down superheroes.

Reckon that they swapped it because they planned Cap's 'death' in advance, and knew that due to resources alone the pro-reg side was bound to win?

#31 Posted by luciferjonez (210 posts) - - Show Bio

@luciferjonez said:
@mattydavehalpeo said:
@luciferjonez said:

Yeah sorry, I misread your original comment.

No worries! :)

#32 Posted by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@waezi2 said:
@mattydavehalpeo said:
@waezi2 said:

Other facts... Hmm...

Reckon that they swapped it because they planned Cap's 'death' in advance, and knew that due to resources alone the pro-reg side was bound to win?

Yeah, his death wouldn't have been as powerful if he had not been arrested first.

#33 Posted by Wildfire808 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like the idea that the writer's down sized the adults in the new team, even if there are veteran heroes in the mix, they should have picked from the young Avengers as replacements or the Avengers academy instead and Nova, Thor, and spider man looks like they belong in a new warriors comic instead.

#34 Edited by waezi2 (23078 posts) - - Show Bio

@wildfire808: Nova has been in a New Warriors series. And he became an Avenger during the Avengers VS X-Men event.

Some of the young Avengers has become the New Avengers.

Thor is WAY to old to be a New Warrior... Well, so was Cain, but that was for the sake of legacy and to keep an eye on Aracely.

Avengers Academy has pretty much been slaughtered.

#35 Posted by Wildfire808 (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah too bad I liked the idea of an academy of soon to be avengers in training and the occasional trial by combat.;