Power Girl Returns To DC Comics In Upcoming WORLD'S FINEST

ChaosAgentLoki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ChaosAgentLoki

This cover looks pretty nice. I've enjoyed what I've read of the Huntress mini, so I'll probably pick the first issue of this up.

Dedpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By Dedpool

So wait was she Supergirl on Earth 2 and was Huntress Robin? Not really liking the hair but the costume isn't bad. Reminds me of Supreme though.

Or35ti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By Or35ti

Wow nice image! I wonder, do they evolve from being Supergirl and Robin in Earth 2 to Power Girl and the Huntress in mainstream Earth?

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By SlickyMike88

What no boob hole ? Her costume design looks boring , same goes with the hair :P

I'm sorry but Power girls new look is very uneapealing, her previous look draws more attention and sells more .

I get that some people say that power girl's previous look is sexist , but what is so wrong with a character show some skinn? Why are we so afraid that some characters are designed that way? People should stop being so freaking pretentious and let some characters be sexy , is it wrong that a character can be sexy ? I consider that power girl is dressed in a sexy way , that is one of the things I like about power girl , and the humor part (In Amanda Conners run )

In my book how many DC characters that are designred like power girl ? Not many , DC is good balancing it out , so let Power girl be Power girl. If you don't like the desgin don't read the comic I guess :P

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55  Edited By Kallarkz

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Kallarkz:So women can't wear cleavage? It's not like her costume was like Starfire's or Star Sapphire's. The idea that a women has to cover up to be taken seriously is sexist.

First. Learn to read. I stated for the people complaining solely about the fact that she is no longer showing cleavage. I also wrote that they do not HAVE to wear such clothing. Where did I write in order to take a women seriously she needs to be covered up?

And lets not sit here and pretend that how Power Girl was drawn was normal. ANYONE who saw the picture could tell it was massively exaggerated. Just like it would be if i walked down the street showing half of my pe***.

Take 5 to understand what you read before you comment.

AndromedaOmega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By AndromedaOmega

Well...she looks like a white uniformed Supergirl now. No real obvious distinctions outside of the shorter hair and the supreme like outfit. Karen was normally a bit more built physically (outside of boobage that is another obvious bit) and her outfit seemed a little more unique.

But it just seems like a Supreme Swapped Supergirl at this point. Kinda disappointed.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#57  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Dedpool said:
So wait was she Supergirl on Earth 2 and was Huntress Robin? Not really liking the hair but the costume isn't bad. Reminds me of Supreme though.
Power Girl has always been Earth-2 sSuper Girl
Skogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Skogen

I understand the costume change, but PLEASE fix the hair...

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#59  Edited By Deranged Midget

Well at least she looks respectable now.

stu630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By stu630

iam really happy PG is back but...that costume sucks! i also want the cleavage back!

Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Tyrannotaur

I haven't been a big DC fan until the New 52 relaunch. I am interested to read this comic, but I don't really like the look of Power Girl. Its no that she lost her trademark boobs or the "boob window" its just that she looks odd to me. Honestly I think its the silly "Futuristic" gauntlets and boots and the fact that she has pants now instead of sleeves. I'll check the book out regardless, but I dunno if I'll ever like the look of this Power Girl.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By DEGRAAF

Im actually more interested in the version in the background. I like those costumes. She is obviously wearing the S shield in the back ground outfit so i hope they give a good explanation about why she decided not to continue on with her families crest.

I dont htink the redo is the best but i do like it. I think they should have stuck with the background version though and just changed the symbol. It took me a couple of seconds to see the letter P in her cape

Adnan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Adnan

@SlickyMike88 said:

What no boob hole ? Her costume design looks boring , same goes with the hair :P

I'm sorry but Power girls new look is very uneapealing, her previous look draws more attention and sells more .

I get that some people say that power girl's previous look is sexist , but what is so wrong with a character show some skinn? Why are we so afraid that some characters are designed that way? People should stop being so freaking pretentious and let some characters be sexy , is it wrong that a character can be sexy ? I consider that power girl is dressed in a sexy way , that is one of the things I like about power girl , and the humor part (In Amanda Conners run )

In my book how many DC characters that are designred like power girl ? Not many , DC is good balancing it out , so let Power girl be Power girl. If you don't like the desgin don't read the comic I guess :P

I'm thinking it might be, atleast partially, backlash from the whole Starfire thing.

Anyways, I agree she look does look pretty boring here. There is nothing particularly striking or memorable about her costume though...which defeats the purpose of wearing one in the first place. I don't particularly mind whether she's almost completely covered up or not but either way Power Girl, of all characters, should atleast...look atleast a little menacing, y'know? Not in the conventional sense, but pre-DCnU she atleast looked like she could physically beat a villain down.

I do think it's partly due to how Perez has drawn her, like I implied earlier on page 1, I think he rushed this one.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#64  Edited By LoganRogue24

iam glad pg is back the new suit is gonna take some getting use to.

kingjoeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By kingjoeg

i hate george perez. First he mucks up superman now this. What will he muck up in the new 52 next.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#66  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Wow, why all the hate for PG's new costume?

Avatar image for scifi_superstar
scifi_superstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By scifi_superstar
That pointy cape thing in the front sucks. I dont mind the unidard and i can perhapss live without the hole in the front of her costume but those yellow future gloves and boots have got to go. At first it was powergirl as the sexiest woman in comics second emma frost. But now its emma #1 and powergirl not even in the top 10. Nice f--king going dc and george perez.
LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By LoganRogue24

i agree Amanda Conner should have redesigned pgs suit she draws the best pg ever in my opion.

Avatar image for the_mighty_monarch
The Mighty Monarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1450

Ok, I have no problem with characters being sexy, I talk a lot about how Catwoman and Voodoo are in control of their sex appeal and actually use it to their advantage without the writers using them in exploitive ways.

But Power Girl's boob window was just a weird design. It was just like, "Ok, here's my boobs." It honestly isn't even sexy, it's just boobs without any kind of allure about them other than "These are boobs and they are big."

Showing some skin isn't automatically sexy, there's a little more too it than that. Starfire's costume is sexy because it opens up everything but the most important bits for all the world to see. I'm not saying Starfire's costume isn't exploitive, in fact hers is physically impossible, but it also MAKES SENSE FOR THE CHARACTER. Starfire has been shown (PRE NEW 52) to be practically a nudist. She enjoys the feeling of natural nudity for the purpose of freedom from constraints. And even in The New 52 she's comfortable with her sexuality and isn't afraid to get what she wants. Starfire is a manizer the way characters like Family Guy's Quagmire is a womanizer. She isn't a total slut who sleeps with anyone, she sleeps with whoever she feels like sleeping with, and never gives the illusion that she wants a committed relationship. She knows her body is a sex idol and so she's not afraid to let all that's socially acceptable hang out. People don't normally wear equally revealing bikinis everywhere, but we still never seem to have a problem with women wearing them in the public of local pools and the beach and such.

But Power Girl's boob window was so clunkily blatant that it just wasn't sexy. It showed her boobs, AND ONLY HER BOOBS. Its sexier if we get to see some of the neckline with it, something more streamlined, following the natural curves of her body.

And even with that, as far as I know Power Girl doesn't flaunt her sexuality like Starfire does. In fact I remember PG fans crying foul when it was implied she was sleeping with Mr. Terrific. I'm not saying one has to be a sex machine to dress sexy, but all Power Girl's boob window did was show the blandest approach to boobs outside of a sex education textbook, and it was all lots of people knew about her. It was 'Aquaman is useless outside of water and only talks to fish.' and 'Power Girl is boobs.' She was practically defined by those boobs, and judging from the support I've seen of her, her fans like to point out how she's NOT just a pair a boobs, but a perfectly well developed character of her own. Now people won't look at her and just see boobs, because I know I've been guilty of that at times. Power Girl's boobs tended to overpower her character to the minds of those not familiar with her.

And finally, I will agree the new costume is a little bland, but I admire the removal of the boob windows.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#70  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

hmm....

blastaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By blastaar
No Caption Provided

I'm going to miss the twins. :(

Miss_Garrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#72  Edited By Miss_Garrick

I think that is the best costume Power Girl ever had. It looks cool. And of course, everything George Perez draws is cool.

wowylied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By wowylied

Horrible costume for power girl, now she seems like every legion character (really bad).

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SlickyMike88

@Adnan: I just hope they re-design her to something more appealing then this , this look won't sell her as a character in my oppinion :p Design of a character is really important if you want readers , and if her look doesen't apeal to the crowd , it won't sell I guess:P

Avatar image for sweetesttoaster
sweetesttoaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By sweetesttoaster

Aww man... DC took away the two best things about this character. Now I actually have to pay attention to what she says and how she's feeling and crap that like that....this sucks. :(

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DEGRAAF

@LoganRogue24 said:

i agree Amanda Conner should have redesigned pgs suit she draws the best pg ever in my opion.

really? I know everyone has different tastes but i thought her version of PG was one of the worst

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

@Deranged Midget said:

So, in order for PG to look more respectable she has to show less skin and cover up her cleavage? Got it. Cover up, ladies! Especially Serena and Vanessa Williams!

@Kallarkz said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Kallarkz:So women can't wear cleavage? It's not like her costume was like Starfire's or Star Sapphire's. The idea that a women has to cover up to be taken seriously is sexist.

First. Learn to read. I stated for the people complaining solely about the fact that she is no longer showing cleavage. I also wrote that they do not HAVE to wear such clothing. Where did I write in order to take a women seriously she needs to be covered up?

And lets not sit here and pretend that how Power Girl was drawn was normal. ANYONE who saw the picture could tell it was massively exaggerated. Just like it would be if i walked down the street showing half of my pe***.

She doesn’t have to wear such clothing, but the reason why she’s dressed this way is because DC thinks it will, as the poster I responded above said, make her more respectable.

What picture? There were plenty of times were her figure and cleavage was drawn normal and not exaggerated. In addition, the penis argument is a weak one. Walk up to any woman you know, ask why it’s okay that they show cleavage while you can’t show the tip of your penis, and see how stupid that premise is.

coolbeans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By coolbeans

Tits or gtfo

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#79  Edited By Pokeysteve

Why does Power Girl almost always look like a 40 year old lesbian? Only a handful of people can draw her well. Sucks Huntress isn't in the main DCU =/

Avatar image for bearded_justice
Bearded Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Bearded Justice

i am not amused

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Kallarkz

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

So, in order for PG to look more respectable she has to show less skin and cover up her cleavage? Got it. Cover up, ladies! Especially Serena and Vanessa Williams!

@Kallarkz said:

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

She doesn’t have to wear such clothing, but the reason why she’s dressed this way is because DC thinks it will, as the poster I responded above said, make her more respectable.

What picture? There were plenty of times were her figure and cleavage was drawn normal and not exaggerated. In addition, the penis argument is a weak one. Walk up to any woman you know, ask why it’s okay that they show cleavage while you can’t show the tip of your penis, and see how stupid that premise is.

And this "reason" they give me will be totally logical how? What scientific equation will they give me that will explain why I must remained covered while they show themselves?

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#82  Edited By the_tree

Booooooo. DC's screwing up costumes left and right in the relaunch.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By frogjitsu

Now both Huntress' and Powergirl's costumes are windowless. What a ripoff DC!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#84  Edited By Deranged Midget

@JoseDRiveraTCR7: What are you insinuating? The only reason that Powergirl originally had a giant amount of cleavage was because guys are horny as sh!t. This time around they made the right choice by covering it up so people could actually respect the character and not her "assets"

From the sound of it, you sound like one of those perverts.

batmanary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By batmanary

What I'm more interested in is that Huntress was apparently Robin at some point, meaning that Dick Grayson could easily be Batman in Earth 2

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Video_Martian

Yes, this cover looks so cool! I seriously can't wait until May! PG RETURNS AT LAST!!!!!!! :D

EpicMeltDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#87  Edited By EpicMeltDown

I just started a new drinking game! While reading this thread take a drink every time a post complaining about Power Girl's costume includes a variation of the phrase, "and it's not because of the cleavage".

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By KnightRise

oh come on its friggin' powergirl she has a right to massive cleavage and misogynistic leers, plus its awesome for her to be this super amazing, incredibly powerful woman, and still dress like my secret cosplay fetish

CookieVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By CookieVonDoom

While I don't mind the removal of the peeping hole, it is kind of sad that the costume deviates so much from her old one. It is like they removed the PG retro. I will miss her blue gloves/boots but most of all her "one shoulder cape" (I forgot the name of this type of cape, anyone who can help out?).

That said, I do like this costume! With the exception from her hair, the bracelets and the boots; they look way too clunky. And the logo looks more like an F than a P. Oh, the one thing that got messed up (according to me) is (once again) her cape! To me, that cape was more original to her character than the cleavage.

SlickyMike88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SlickyMike88

@KnightRise: Aman brother:D

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By BatteredArmor

The Cleavage is gone?

EugeneSaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By EugeneSaxe

That's not Power Girl. That's an abomination.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By kidchipotle

@NightFang said:

@The Mighty Monarch said:

THEY FINALLY GOT RID OF THAT GOD-AWFUL BOOB WINDOW!

That was the best part and she doesn't even like look a Power Girl anymore.

QFT.

Loving that PG is back....she needs her old look however

Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By DEADPOOL

That is NOT Powergirl!!!! AARRRRGG~~!!!!

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By CitizenJP

Aww no more Power Girl power cleavage.

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By ThanosIsMad

That costume is atrocious.

zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#97  Edited By zombietag

i can definitely appreciate modesty

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#98  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Love Power Girl's new look, the "P" on the cape looks cool! :D

Punisher007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Punisher007

Power Girl's costume shows no effort in creativity. It's very bland.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#100  Edited By daredevil21134

I will gladly be skipping this