New INFINITY GAUNTLET Series Spills Out of SECRET WARS

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

With the upcoming Secret Wars event, we've been seeing announcements for new series focusing on the different character. Another series has just been announced--INFINITY GAUNTLET by Gerry Duggan and Dustin Weaver.

No Caption Provided

The series will center on a young woman named Anwen Bakian. She lives with her dad, sister, and grandfather in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. She comes across a powerful and mysterious stone that will change her entire life.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Duggan plans on Anwen to be the readers' connection to the story. He's taking the "inexperienced hero" angle that we've been digging with the current NOVA series.

The first issue comes out in May.

Source: Hero Complex

pinecone1510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Man... I really feel like today's comics are quickly becoming adaptations instead of actual new stories.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2 the_stegman  Moderator

Secret Wars and Convergence just keep pumping out blasts from the past!

LawTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By LawTempest

@pinecone: Agree so what new kind of stories would you like see? Anyway liking how the characters look.

Zumafire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Soooooooo... What does this mean? Starlings Infinity Guantlet didn't happen? Is this... Uhhh... What is this? I'm dizzy...

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: secret wars is, but convergence is tying up loose ends

Avatar image for child_of_the_past
Child_of_the_Past

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How are people still complaining about these books being rehashes? Nothing in the description of this book sounds rehashed to me. The characters are completely new and they will have new story. Why are people only looking at the title of books? Are some people really do thick headed that they can't see that this event is allowing Marvel to tell new original stories and introduce new characters to readers. Isn't this something readers have wanted for a while? I swear this community loves to complain. Why can't we just enjoy comics?

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on Marvel, just release full May solicitations! I need to get my pull list ready, going to pass on Convergence so that should help my wallet for a few months, oh wait Valiant Next has new books. Man I need another job hehe.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the_stegman  Moderator
ia0delond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the art looks great but the rainbow familly from a post apocalyptic wastland is not hum you know exciting.

I miss the one man army Richard Rider's Nova from the post Annihilation cosmic mythos. Since Sam Alexander, Nova is just about a living rocket sidekick from the new warrior with no one to really care if the artist forgot to draw him. It would have been to really shake things up in term of scale rather than diversity (I mean Nova has a teenage black girl does not bring anything in term of mythology).

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AriesWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not liking it. Star-lord and Nova kids? Meh.

hiimsmart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, I would like to give a little perspective on these series coming out as a recent comic book lover. I didn't get into comic books until the very end of Superior Spider-Man. And let me tell you, I've been playing catch up with comics ever since then. I am constantly asking my local comic book store owner (great man named Patrick that owns Velocity Comics in Richmond, VA) for comics he considers to be important, and you know what one of the comic book events that he has constantly suggested is? Secret Wars. And he is also thrilled with this Secret Wars as well, for the same reason I am: it's bringing forth a comic book series to its booming audience so that they get a taste of what Patrick's generation had. Marvel isn't 'running out of ideas', they are simply giving their new-found audience that came flocking in from the MCU a chance to have that special something that the older audience had. They are breaking new ground with this younger generation and giving them a special something to remember (and to hopefully forget how awful Axis was; seriously should have been longer than 9 main issues because it ended up being condensed nonsense).

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh.

I'm looking forward to the more original ideas such as Planet Hulks and hopefully Bendis doesn't screw up Old Man Logan.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'll have to see more about this as well the other offerings that month, but this looks like a pass for me. Never been a huge fan of the inexperienced hero angle. It's fun every now and again, but it gets old and repetitive to me.

cresShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on Marvel, just release full May solicitations! I need to get my pull list ready, going to pass on Convergence so that should help my wallet for a few months, oh wait Valiant Next has new books. Man I need another job hehe.

they did

Maglor360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos' costume is cool

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By EarthsMightiest
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I love Thanos's look here. I never liked that he went back to his old outfit in the Thanos Imperative.

doombot890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm liking the new Nova's coming into it but that is all really

GinsengKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the new look....

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How are people still complaining about these books being rehashes? Nothing in the description of this book sounds rehashed to me. The characters are completely new and they will have new story. Why are people only looking at the title of books? Are some people really do thick headed that they can't see that this event is allowing Marvel to tell new original stories and introduce new characters to readers. Isn't this something readers have wanted for a while? I swear this community loves to complain. Why can't we just enjoy comics?

Completely agree. Every single one of these that I've looked at just looks like interesting stories that Marvel wants to tell that just are using the name of an older story.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@the_stegman: True, tho Convergence is just small fun. These secret wars things make me worried.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

thanos in a cloak is always awesome

Empurios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@lawtempest: Stories Iwould like to see are: post -Ultimatum Ultimate Doctor Voodoo (I wrote a nice story for it), stories about Earth-81122: Invisible Woman controls the world with the FF and Reed is the leader of the Negative Zone, back in 1990 Chris Claremont created a universe where Britain still ha control of America so there were metas who wanted freedom some used violence and others didn't they should do something with it I think its a goldmine. As for the main universe there is a whole lot of unfinished X-Men plot lines, I think Hercules and Amadeus Cho disappeared, and what happened to Solar Man?

LawTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By LawTempest

@empurios: Agree with you that it would be nice to see more stories taking place on other earths. Also it would be nice to see more characters that hasn't appeared for some time such as Hercules and Amadeus Cho.

ShadowLife248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Dustin Weaver draws a good looking Thanos. As shown in Infinity.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Thanos new custome. That cloak is amazing.

Armaghetto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"House of Ideas"?? Hardly!!!

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Will be picking up

bigsoto74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the reason they are bumping out old stories is so they can use them in the movies. They will be fresh to the new readers, but blah to the older ones.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigsoto74: Yeah I'm pretty sure that's exactly it.

Divell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Divell

@pinecone: i know right? they have make a crap out of Thor and Cap (i don't think falcon can putt what cap is as a symbol) i mean he is working more like a darker version of batman, instead of actually do what cap does best. they have taken out adrift (Angela being they capable of putting a much better story than what they are actually doing). Common new marvel or whatever they want to call it is crap as hell.