gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided
Here's another preview sent by Marvel.  It's always great getting more than one Avengers book a month.

Mighty Avengers #21
“Earth's Mightiest Part 1 of 3"

*"The Smartest Man in the Room"

IT ALL STARTS HERE! A new roster! One of the team's most powerful foes! And one of the most popular and requested Avengers returns to the fold! When darkness reigns and chaos falls, there's no room for compromise, no time to run and hide. The world needs EARTH'S MIGHTIEST HEROES! But after the events of Secret Invasion, is HANK PYM ready to rejoin their ranks? And what is the secret that haunts him, a secret dating back to the earliest days of the original team? Join Dan Slott and Khoi Pham for a new age of ALL OUT AVENGERS ACTION! Special giant-sized issue! 36 pages of all-new story and art! Guest starring: NEW AVENGERS, DARK AVENGERS, YOUNG AVENGERS, and CLASSIC AVENGERS!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Wanda and Vision together again. Aww computer love

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Hawk
Gambler said:
"Wanda and Vision together again. Aww computer love"
I have a funny video.....but it's not PG-13........just imagine....awesomeness
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Slinger

Vision loves Cassie now though. Love triangle!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pixelized

wanda needs a new outfit.. the leo, tights, and head piece is so too much. she could benefit from an episode of "what not to wear"

Swagga Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Swagga Vance

Am I the only one who noticed the Young Avengers were stone?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb35bcd18369
deactivated-5fb35bcd18369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Swagga Vance said:
"Am I the only one who noticed the Young Avengers were stone?"
No, I saw them in their stone forms, poor bastards. They didn't stand an ice cube's chance in Hell of winning that fight. You know...I have a sneaking suspicion that this Scarlet Witch isn't the Earth-616 incarnation of her. Knowing Dan Slott's love for alternate timelines and The Living Tribunal, this Wanda probably escaped from the clutches of The Time Variance Authority and is now hiding out on Earth-616 until the heat dies down. Though turning the Young Avengers to stone then kidnapping both the newer, younger incarnation of her dead Husband and his hot girlfriend isn't exactly the best way to keep The T.V.A. from tracking you down and going all Judge Dredd on your ass.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pixelized

winning what fight?

Swagga Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Swagga Vance
King Hyperion said:
"Swagga Vance said:
No, I saw them in their stone forms, poor bastards. They didn't stand an ice cube's chance in Hell of winning that fight. You know...I have a sneaking suspicion that this Scarlet Witch isn't the Earth-616 incarnation of her. Knowing Dan Slott's love for alternate timelines and The Living Tribunal, this Wanda probably escaped from the clutches of The Time Variance Authority and is now hiding out on Earth-616 until the heat dies down. Though turning the Young Avengers to stone then kidnapping both the newer, younger incarnation of her dead Husband and his hot girlfriend isn't exactly the best way to keep The T.V.A. from tracking you down and going all Judge Dredd on your ass."
I think it's 616's Wanda.Dan Slott also before Mighty Avengers got underway expressed his concern for the absence of the "Real Avengers" in the comics.He said that he wanted to have a recognizable team of Avengers in there and bring the Avengers back to what they have always been.He also mentioned something about wanting to use Beast and Wonder Man which makes me curious as to where the hell Wonder Man is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pixelized said:
"winning what fight?"
Well The Scarlet Witch obviously assaulted The Young Avengers before Cassie and "Jonas" arrived at the Avengers Statue Memorial Garden. If they hadn't been in a fight with her then she wouldn't have turned them into stone. So one would assume just by looking at the Young Avengers that they were in conflict with The Scarlet Witch for at least a couple seconds and that they never stood a chance against her. Thus they were turned to stone for attempting to fight a foe who outclasses them in every possible aspect.

Swagga Vance said:
"King Hyperion said:
"Swagga Vance said:
No, I saw them in their stone forms, poor bastards. They didn't stand an ice cube's chance in Hell of winning that fight. You know...I have a sneaking suspicion that this Scarlet Witch isn't the Earth-616 incarnation of her. Knowing Dan Slott's love for alternate timelines and The Living Tribunal, this Wanda probably escaped from the clutches of The Time Variance Authority and is now hiding out on Earth-616 until the heat dies down. Though turning the Young Avengers to stone then kidnapping both the newer, younger incarnation of her dead Husband and his hot girlfriend isn't exactly the best way to keep The T.V.A. from tracking you down and going all Judge Dredd on your ass."
I think it's 616's Wanda.Dan Slott also before Mighty Avengers got underway expressed his concern for the absence of the "Real Avengers" in the comics.He said that he wanted to have a recognizable team of Avengers in there and bring the Avengers back to what they have always been.He also mentioned something about wanting to use Beast and Wonder Man which makes me curious as to where the hell Wonder Man is."
I've been wondering that too. Was he with the other heroes when they left the Savage Land and returned to New York City? Because the last time I saw him he got knocked out by the mind-wiped Skrull who thought he was the 1970's incarnation of The Beast and was left for dead in a giant insect-infested cave somewhere deep in The Savage Land.
Swagga Vance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Swagga Vance
King Hyperion said:
"pixelized said:
"winning what fight?"
Well The Scarlet Witch obviously assaulted The Young Avengers before Cassie and "Jonas" arrived at the Avengers Statue Memorial Garden. If they hadn't been in a fight with her then she wouldn't have turned them into stone. So one would assume just by looking at the Young Avengers that they were in conflict with The Scarlet Witch for at least a couple seconds and that they never stood a chance against her. Thus they were turned to stone for attempting to fight a foe who outclasses them in every possible aspect.

Swagga Vance said:
"King Hyperion said:
"Swagga Vance said:
I think it's 616's Wanda.Dan Slott also before Mighty Avengers got underway expressed his concern for the absence of the "Real Avengers" in the comics.He said that he wanted to have a recognizable team of Avengers in there and bring the Avengers back to what they have always been.He also mentioned something about wanting to use Beast and Wonder Man which makes me curious as to where the hell Wonder Man is."
I've been wondering that too. Was he with the other heroes when they left the Savage Land and returned to New York City? Because the last time I saw him he got knocked out by the mind-wiped Skrull who thought he was the 1970's incarnation of The Beast and was left for dead in a giant insect-infested cave somewhere deep in The Savage Land."
I don't remember seeing Wonder Man after Beast tricked him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither did I. So either he's still in The Savage Land or maybe the theory about Norman Osborn forcing Wonder Man to work for him under the guise of The Iron Patriot is actually true. I just hope Wonder Man wasn't imprisoned on one of the Skrull Warships that were fleeing from Earth through the Aranko Nebula (which were all annihilated by Black Bolt in the Secret Invasion: War of Kings one-shot.) Because that would mean Wonder Man was murdered!

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pixelized
King Hyperion said:
"pixelized said:
"winning what fight?"
if Wiccan and Speed weren't stone, i'd agree with you
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Slinger
pixelized said:
"King Hyperion said:
"pixelized said:
"winning what fight?"
if Wiccan and Speed weren't stone, i'd agree with you"
I think that it's probably meant to seem as if the Scarlet Witch is responsible for the turning of the Young Avengers to stone, but in actuality she is probably just the first hero to arrive at the scene of the incident. More than likely she was visiting the Avengers' memorial and grieving over what she had done to her friends, then discovered whatever was happening and is now going off to try and stop it.

I wonder, if the Scarlet Witch is on the team, will Pietro be far behind?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized

and if she's to be a Mighty Avenger i doubt she was off Combating the other good guys

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Nighthunter

I'm calling it right now, the returning villain is the one who attacked the young avengers and is Grey Gargoile

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelized

then they can be reverted from stone and start their own book again!

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Donnieman v5.1
Gambler said:
"Wanda and Vision together again. Aww computer love"
Man, that song is a classic.
Slinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Slinger
Nighthunter said:
"I'm calling it right now, the returning villain is the one who attacked the young avengers and is Grey Gargoile"
Good call. I could see it.
Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mr. Wilson

Same here.

Pham's art looks much improved.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I loved this series! Pym's Avenger's only lasted about 12 issues. I really enjoyed the dynamics of the knock-off Avengers.