gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
No Caption Provided

All-New, All-Different Marvel is taking the world by storm, garnering mass media press and global excitement with a recharged and refueled line of comics. And Marvel is making sure all comic book stores worldwide are armed and ready for the biggest comics releases of the year! Today, we’re pleased to announce a new initiative that will provide extra promotion and marketing for the exciting issue #2’s of new series!

In addition to heavy promotion and marketing for the first issues, Marvel is rolling out the red carpet for the second installments of these highly anticipated titles. Along with added publicity, web advertising and web skins – each new All-New, All-Different Marvel first issue will conclude with a full page advertisement for issue #2. Prompting fans who’ve just finished these exciting first issues to come back for round two!

If you thought issue #1 was packed with high-octane action and can’t-miss moments, just wait till you read issue #2! Be there when comics biggest creators take on the world’s most popular characters when All-New, All-Different Marvel takes over comic shops beginning this October.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I'd argue that all of Marvel's comics are #2..... (hey-o)

Flash1812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Flash1812

Wow lovwe it

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_stegman  Moderator

This is the kind of promotion stuff that DC needs to do, cause they aren't that great at campaigning their stuff.

KASPERCOLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

The slogan "You want to know what happens next?" reminds me of the propaganda footage in the movie Starship Troopers where the slogan is "Want to hear more?"

goonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

is that the Proton Cannon?

Titanbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is the kind of promotion stuff that DC needs to do, cause they aren't that great at campaigning their stuff.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

If issue #1 isn't fantastic then no amount of promoting will get me to buy #2. You want to entice me into a #2 after a subpar #1 then make it $2.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's a pretty good idea. If you're on the fence about a series that little preview for the next issue may be the thing you need to push you into buying it.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I don't get what's wrong with them, I mean you'd expect them to be able to market at the same level as Marvel. But then again, DC doesn't have Disney to help them advertise and market themselves.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Folly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

@the_stegman: I don't get what's wrong with them, I mean you'd expect them to be able to market at the same level as Marvel. But then again, DC doesn't have Disney to help them advertise and market themselves.

DC has Warner Bros.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@feartheliving said:

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie said:

They sure as hell aren't #2 where it counts...sales.

Or quality.

Not sure if this promotion is really necessary. Maybe many of the #1s are exposition heavy, because of the eight month gap? Maybe Marvel is just trying out something new in marketing as well.

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By KritikalMassX
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FearTheLiving

@stahlflamme: Well quality is subjective so it's not something I could argue with nor is it something I'd say one company does better over another they each have their okay books, their bad books, and their good books.

Janjaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know what happens next. Mary Jane :(

Tony_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have been waiting for a good Iron Man story since Matt Fraction

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who cares? This is an ad for an ad, btw.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainHoopla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is a fine idea, but I don't get Marvels, or any comic publishers, idea of promoting or advertising their books. I haven't seen a thing about any of these new books and relaunch outside of actual comic book ads and comic book websites news articles. The people visiting these sites and reading the books already know this stuff. They need to be running these ads on non comic sites, maybe an ad on Disney channel, or one of those ads playing in movie theaters. Either way, they need to reach an audience outside of current readers.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@captainhoopla said:

This is a fine idea, but I don't get Marvels, or any comic publishers, idea of promoting or advertising their books. I haven't seen a thing about any of these new books and relaunch outside of actual comic book ads and comic book websites news articles. The people visiting these sites and reading the books already know this stuff. They need to be running these ads on non comic sites, maybe an ad on Disney channel, or one of those ads playing in movie theaters. Either way, they need to reach an audience outside of current readers.

True, comic companies only seem to be fighting over the remains of the fanbase rather than trying to reach fans in different areas.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By FearTheLiving

@captainhoopla said:

True, comic companies only seem to be fighting over the remains of the fanbase rather than trying to reach fans in different areas.

Well they did announce Ms Marvel and Jane as Thor on the view that's something though I agree both companies really could do more to support the comic side of their brands.

Mfundroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man: Well clearly they're not doing a good enough job. I feel like there's no effort from them.

batarangbamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman404: Marvel needs that 2.99 price point for the #1 issues after this relaunch. I see myself not checking out most the new titles now that the old volumes have ended and they've lost a lot of their top talent.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

@mfundroid said:

DC has Warner Bros.

Exactly, translation: "They're f*cked"

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Kinda dumb looking

Avatar image for deactivated-57af58bda2d61
deactivated-57af58bda2d61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I have been waiting for a good Iron Man story since Matt Fraction

Aren't we all ?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh don't be so immature you two. Now make up, and start furiously making out with one another... like right now.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: I felt DC did good with DC You,got plenty of previews on comixology and saw some of the stuff during Convergence,so not sure how DC is doing bad.

Ambaryerno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By Ambaryerno

Sooo their marketing strategy is to advertise the issue?

CometOmlette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bmur62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ambaryerno: Ya I agree I'm confused myself ... they already release multi page issue previews through comicvine and other sites how is this different? Maybe I just block out press speak when I read and missed it.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
HandOfPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DC does not like advertising on media.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By nappystr8

I think this is a smart idea that I'm surprised no one has capitalized on before. It is well know that the attrition rate from 1st to 2nd issue is staggering. I do feel like they should go further than publicizing though. Incentive it through a reduced price second issue, $1.99 instead of $3.99 for example. People some stories take time to build, but new stories are also difficult to invest in long term after 22 pages. Once you are two issues in though, even if you don't love the book, you are more likely to stay around just to get resolution.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_stegman  Moderator

@surza7: DC needs to advertise outside of Comixology. Marvel released free previews of their new titles, they used social media, got the word out to people who don't read comics alot. They did a great job.

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Iron Man looks amazing.

omarthmainman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the reason DC doesn't advertise so much is because well ("Detective Comics"). They want you to figure out what's gonna happen. Marvel on the other hand is all about telling you everything which kinda makes all their big story crossovers ok…Marvel is actually very predictable tbh.

Surza7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_stegman: but i saw alot of dc and people that work for dc tweeting about the new books even before their release.Granted it depends on who you follow, not to mention when their shows were on and i went to comic shops they had set aside books that are the source material for the show.Plus free comicbook day and me being a faiirly new reader to DC , i had no issue honestly when it came to their new books post Convergence , or new changes with Superman, Batman, Green lantern, and such.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@feartheliving said:

Oh don't be so immature you two. Now make up, and start furiously making out with one another... like right now.

I was just pointing out a fact. Get your make out sessions some where else you perv :P

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@batarangbamz said:

@batman404: Marvel needs that 2.99 price point for the #1 issues after this relaunch. I see myself not checking out most the new titles now that the old volumes have ended and they've lost a lot of their top talent.

Someone on Tumblr asked Brevoort about going back to $2.99 and he said it wasn't gonna happen. I definitely agree that a lower price point for first issues (to get people to try more of them out and possibly get hooked on more titles than they otherwise would've) would have been a good plan. Ironically, they went the opposite route: the vast majority of the new issues are actually $4.99 oversized books, and many are double-shipping besides.

Meanwhile Image is over there dropping actual double-sized first issues at $2.99 and $3.50 on higher quality paper without ads peppering the interior...