• 107 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

There's no denying we've been getting quite a bit of crossovers and events in comics. The reality is, they sell. As this post is about to prove.

This week, Marvel has unleashed its latest epic crossover, INFINITY. Jonathan Hickman and Jim Cheung are going all out in giving us a massive story involving a bunch of the big Marvel characters. Despite any speculation on this doing well, it still sold out at Diamond. You might still be able to find a copy at your local comic shop. A second printing is on the way.

No Caption Provided

You may have already read our review (you can find it HERE). According to the press release

Marvel issued, you can see we're not the only ones that dug it.

Fans and critics agree, Infinity is a smash hit!

Infinity has the ambition and sense of the unknown and unexpected that any good event -- nay, any good comic in general -- really needs.”—IGN.com

“The Infinity gauntlet is thrown, and it makes for a tremendous read.”—ComicBookResources.com

“You'll definitely want to come on board for Infinity. It's going to be a crazy and thrilling ride.”—ComicVine.com

“With fan-favorite characters returning in its pages and one of the best mainstream superhero artists in the world on board, Infinity has nothing but possibilities ahead.”—Newsarama.com

“Has the last page of a Jonathan Hickman book ever made you exclaim, “Oh, snap!”? Infinity will.”—iFanboy.com

With our heroes at the other end of the universe, and even larger threat rises to claim Earth. Enter Thanos, an unparalleled force who only brings order to a chaotic universe through complete and absolute death. As the Mad Titan’s machinations come to fruition, civilization’s last hope may lie in the hands of a man who can level cities with a faint whisper – Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans. But can the fearsome leader of a race hated and misunderstood by his world lead the battle against Thanos? If they fall, so does the Earth—and the entire universe with it. Don’t miss the opening shots of the Marvel Universe spanning conflict, returning to store shelves in just a few weeks with Infinity #1 Second Printing Variant!

**Marvel also urges retailers to check their orders on all issues of Infinity #1 and it’s tie-ins as the series has already generated buzz from all corners of the media and will continue to do so in the coming months.

INFINITY #1 SECOND PRINTING VARIANT (JUL138068)

Written by JONATHAN HICKMAN

Pencils & Cover by JIM CHEUNG

FOC – 8/26/13, ON SALE – 9/18/13

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Really? At my comic shop there were stacks of unbought Infinity comics.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Loved the first issue. If Hickman keeps it up, this will be the best Marvel event in years.

flazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 52

#3  Edited By flazam

I'm on on the fence with this event

dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Really? At my comic shop there were stacks of unbought Infinity comics.

Same at mine. Maybe they mean that all the issues Marvel printed were ordered by the stores?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: @dreamfall31: "...it still sold out at Diamond. You might still be able to find a copy at your local comic shop."

Retailers order X number of copies. Most likely some extra are printed for re-orders. Something like this would have high orders across the board. All the extra re-order copies have sold out. Comic Shops will have some depending on how high they ordered. But once those are gone, no re-orders for the first printing.

BR_Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

That is really impressive looks like Marvel slow build up threw the Avengers book and having Thanos really payed off. I guess DC is a little shaken now they were doing so well with Unchained and its 11 variants to help pull in more sales.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool 2nd printing cover.

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blackdog2009

@Tommythehitman: same in the store i go to lol. Shameless how hard this event is being hyped. A smash hit? I bought it, it's great to look at but it's not great, it's not a smash hit. It's cluttered with numerous characters no reader ( I think) is really invested in and the Avengers keep playing catch up and second fiddle to all these other space characters. Yea great set up read... But I'll not be buying the next issues. THAT is what Marvel wants and all these fine folks want you to do in these websites, buy more and more pointless books. Not surprisingly this first issue already has an add for ANOTHER Avengers book that results from these events, so yeah that saves you a lot of money!! Nothing will happen to earth, Thanos will not win, the Builders won't win, but Marvel will!! They will make you spend lots of money so that they can convince you to spend more money down the line with another unnecessary Avengers book. This isn't a SMASH HIT, it's just another pointless event book. Save your money and buy other more deserving of your dollar books kids (not really kids ).

sasquatch888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

too many damned avengers in this already ...can someone tell me why cannonball and sunspot are avengers again?

thespideyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

15 to mins till I can call my LCS.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Really enjoyed the first issue and the Infinity comic it came with. Love seeing the Silver Surfer dominate like that.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

A lot of comics get second printings, it's not really a big deal.

CaseyJones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel tie-ins list: EVERYTHING

xthumper32x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If it's as ungodly slow as his Avengers run is I'm not even going to get this issue. The Avengers was practically unreadable.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Whoa......i might check it out.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By AllStarSuperman

Doesnt even interest me. And my comic stop had stacks of it to. I picked up XO Manowar #15 and that's what I'll be spending my money on from now.

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By HushoftheWind

that Silver Surfer part was the best part about that whole book imo

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#18  Edited By Lvenger

It's another supposed 'big, all changing' event. Comic book fans flock to pick it up regardless of whether it's good or not. Look at Age of Ultron's sales or AvX. An event selling out is no big deal.

NYSMUSCLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pretty smart have a thanos event after the movie introducing him to masses

they know what theyre doing

wonder how irrs gonna play out will they team with him to stop the builder?

will there be an era of thanos?

everytime he pops up the universe is in danger

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_stegman  Moderator

I'm still not interested, Hickman's Avengers is boring.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Many comics do sell out. The key is looking at the initial orders. You KNOW this had a high initial order from retailers. Hence the fact some of you are still seeing copies. But the fact that despite those numbers, it did still sell out and there's apparently a need for a second print. With the way the market is, no publisher is going to carelessly do a second print run if there's no demand. That'd be dumb. I just find it unfortunate that so many are so jaded by events that they simply bash or dismiss this without having read it. Or at least that's the impression being given by many. I miss the days when there was more positivity.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

Uurgh. Expect more events in close proximity and more $5 single issues.

Avatar image for comicbookfreak1618
comicbookfreak1618

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

man this comic was amazing but 5$ really,what happened to 4$

Trevel8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

R.I.P Space Knights :-(

Michiel76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course the haters let themselves be heard, fact remains: events sell!! This also means there are more people liking it than hating it. People just don't bother to post about things they like and the ones that hate it are posting more quickly and more often.

Haters you are a minority! Sales prove it and not just this once but marvel have been doing these events lots of times in the past so they obviously sell.

So maybe we should stop the hating and post more about what we like or at least have an intelligent discussion about it.

So everyone that likes events (like i do for the most part) speak up. Lets get a dialogue going instead of just saying i hate the art, i hate Hickman, I hate Marvel. We've heard that before and gets dull real fast.

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ImagineMan16

@g_man said:

Many comics do sell out. The key is looking at the initial orders. You KNOW this had a high initial order from retailers. Hence the fact some of you are still seeing copies. But the fact that despite those numbers, it did still sell out and there's apparently a need for a second print. With the way the market is, no publisher is going to carelessly do a second print run if there's no demand. That'd be dumb. I just find it unfortunate that so many are so jaded by events that they simply bash or dismiss this without having read it. Or at least that's the impression being given by many. I miss the days when there was more positivity.

Couldn't possibly agree more.

slimchin23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

damn i hope my store did not sale out.

Avatar image for spinningbirdcake
spinningbirdcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you read the interview about Hickman referring to what happens to the Space Knights after Infinity?

ekrolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first issue was awesome! I loved Hickman and his work on Avengers!

@trevel8182

@trevel8182 said:

Did you read the interview about Hickman referring to what happens to the Space Knights after Infinity?

What did he say and where can I find it?

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lmao the haters are scrambling and trying to assemble en masse today. with all the positive reviews and now the sales numbers to back it up the haters are being backed into a corner. their insecurities are causing them to lash out at any and all positive news

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#31  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Marvel>DC.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol man people are harsh then again my comic store have stack of them maybe i should pick one up but then again after AoU(i didnt like it) i dont fell like buying another marvel event

ILLO_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ILLO_29

@dreamfall31: @tommythehitman: When something "sells out" that just means the stores have bought all the available copies from the distributor (i.e. Diamond). It doesn't mean that the stores had sold all the copies they've received yet.

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Gritterr

Thank you based Hickman for a fantastic start. may your divine light continue to infuriate those who are blind

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

It's another supposed 'big, all changing' event. Comic book fans flock to pick it up regardless of whether it's good or not. Look at Age of Ultron's sales or AvX. An event selling out is no big deal.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By cameron83

This was just amazing start.

And what f#**cking sense does it make saying an event is bad when it has JUST started and saying nothing will be the result? Ugh, this is what sickens me with comic fans. I often find that when I and others are blind skeptics about everything that we're wrong more times than we are right (me included, obviously). Remember kindergarten? Don't (blank) a (blank) by its (blank).

Every time I read an Image or Valiant or Top Cow comic, I know the hero won't die....so does that mean I shouldn't see and judge the issue in a logical, valid manner? (PS IT'S CALLED reading it, shhhh)

And with Age of Ultron, you can't say that "nothing good/bad didn't come from it" (I would say mostly good because of Angela and Avengers AI, although the event was kinda bad)

Everytimr

Gritterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gritterr

@ekrolo: interview is up at CBR. long story short some knights survived, he has a plan for a story after infinity about the knights and their new homeless status quo.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#38  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I just don't see why this is news. Where was the big deal when ghosted #1 got a second printing? Or when Lazarus #2 got a second printing? Or when Fatale gets a second printing almost every issue?

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: this is mostly marvel fault after event after event with not much happening at the end you can get why people are skeptical

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CuddlyPlane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Wow this surprises me, at my local shops there are tons left... I think I might go pick one up now

Kerrigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I had fairly low expectations given Hickman's dull work on The Avengers, but this was really good.

QuantumVertex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It actually feels like an Event! Which is good, it feels like an epic! I can definitely see the Marvel Now universe changing when this is over. I loved #1. Feels like a game changer

Avatar image for g_money_christmas
G_Money_Christmas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am done with these events. Marvel is just trying to suck more and more money from us. I will read the books I read. I'm tired of event after event trying to take away my hard earned money.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By darthfury78

too many damned avengers in this already ...can someone tell me why cannonball and sunspot are avengers again?

Because they are Hickman's favorite characters. And it's important to see the former New Mutants finally moving on to other places away from the X-Men. If Marvel can allow the New Mutants to grow up, why were they so hellbent on keeping Peter Parker as a kid before ASM # 700 with Otto in charge?

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved it. Im glad i was able to pick up the first couple of issues of Hickmans Avengers helps alot before getting into this event. I can't wait for issue 2 and only six issues! yay!

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By PeppeyHare

Because Cap expanded the avengers after realizing the core team wasn't strong enough. Happened in Avengers #1

FalcomAdol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By FalcomAdol

Unless something has radically changed, the only way you can determine that comics have been sold-through is if a shop reorders. It's not like video rental shops (used to be) or movie theaters where most of the transactions are uploaded nightly so that the revenue tracking for retail/distributor splits can be calculated (the revenue splits are way more complicated). This is a simple one-way transaction (leaving aside special situations where the distributor will accept returns on a specific title).

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50  Edited By noj

Damn I was REALLY hoping this would be the event that utterly flopped. I heard almost NO hype for it and people were still reeling from the dissapointment that was Age of Ultron. I guess no matter what the haters say they'll still end up buying the events they supposedly hate so much.