Marvel Comics August 2016 Covers and Solicitations

• 65 results
DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

Perhaps I'm biased... my favorite two covers here are All-New Wolverine and All-New Wolverine Annual... Jonathan looks awesome and so adorable... dang, I even enjoyed that issue with Squirrel Girl.

Lots of cool covers for lots of uncool tie-ins.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i dont understand the variants. What are those cylinderical things supoosed to be?

Disney's Tsum Tsums - plush toys nobody really needs and wants but is buying regardless, and of course they'll be getting their own Marvel mini and variant cover series, too.

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*making it three posts in a row*

What is Year of Marvels supposed to be?

HushoftheWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I know i might catch flac for this but i like Sam's new costume design in that Disney Avengers Assemble: Ultron Revolution.

And really that's the only thing that caught my eye.

LooneyMoonie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why why why did they drag Power Man and Iron Fist into Civil War 2? Their book is awesome on it's own. I get the cross over needing to effect other hero's, but there seem to be so many unnecessary tie-in's. At least they left Moon Knight and Doctor Strange a lone.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Stellar421

@superior_prime_maybe said:

i dont understand the variants. What are those cylinderical things supoosed to be?

Plushies. Tsum Tsum plushies, to be exact.

Stellar421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Stellar421

I like the Ultimates' cover nod to classic comic books, other than that, Civil War II has too many books and I won't bother reading the event at all.

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

Hopefully slapping "Civil War II tie-in" on the cover and solicit text is just a marketing ploy to hook gullible buyers, and the stories themselves are almost entirely unrelated to this crossover nonsense.

Jota23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That "All-New Wolverine Annual" solicit... Sigh!

And her fans get pissy when peole say she's not Wolverine.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mooty_Pass

At first I believed that all these Variant covers tell and gives you an idea of what's going to happen. But when I saw Cap on Carols side I knew all this may not even happen in the book. Because I saw steve Rogers on tony side a lot of times now he's Carol.

None of this is true, but I will purchase almost all of them to see what's going on.

DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

I love that Moon Knight cover!

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*making it three posts in a row*

What is Year of Marvels supposed to be?

I've thought it to be some kind of calendar thingamajig but I'm not really sure as the stories don't seem to have any thematic connection to months they're released at.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

<sigh> Civil War II? As a former LCS retailer, I can say that Secret Wars- while amazing- did nothing to bring fans in. Please stop the events, Marvel. Give us some great books again.

TheDemiurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG!! It looks like the young avengers are back in action once again , wonderful news can't wait for it hopefully the have a big role in this one there last war was a little small. Can't wait I'm definitely reading this if the get back together. I'm really considering reading mockingbird and I hope scarlet witch is in this one since she wasn't in the last one cannot wait for this. THE YOUNG AVENGERS ARE BACK (hopefully)