• 140 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember all those teasers bringing back past events for Summer 2015? We saw teasers for SECRET WARS, CIVIL WAR, AGE OF ULTRON VS MARVEL ZOMBIES,YEARS OF FUTURE PAST, PLANET HULK, ARMOR WARS, HOUSE OF M,INFINITY GAUNTLET, OLD MAN LOGAN, INHUMANS: ATTILAN RISING, THE END of the Ultimate Universe, AGE OF APOCALYPSE, HULK: FUTURE IMPERFECT, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS, AVENGERS VS. X-MEN, and X-Men '92 (animated series). (click each title to see the teaser).

Now a video trailer has been released.

Sounds a little familiar. Are you excited?

EDIT

What it appears, if all this is tied to SECRET WARS, the Beyonder is somehow going to take pieces of other realities and form a new world. In the original SECRET WARS, that's what he did, but with pieces of planets to form Battleworld for the heroes and villains.

No Caption Provided

Now we'll be seeing all these alternate reality versions of characters forced to fight each other?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by PunyParker (15717 posts) - - Show Bio

What?

#2 Posted by IronAngelX (217 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'm confused.

#3 Edited by LiveForever (397 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, so much clearer now!

</sarcasm>

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#4 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

Battleworld vs. Convergence. These couldn't start a flame war could they?

#5 Posted by jowser11 (26 posts) - - Show Bio

So Attilan Rising and Ultimate are in the same region. Wonder what that means... Also, I never read the older Secret Wars stuff, so can someone explain Battleworld? I mean, is it that literal?

#6 Posted by MakkyD (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Loving the sound of this already!

For all those confused the universes in the teasers are competing hunger games/battle royale style on a single map/planet.

#7 Posted by serrure (5896 posts) - - Show Bio

huh still doesnt clear up the reboot question... if anything "All New Marvel" kind of confirms it

#8 Edited by MakkyD (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

@jowser11: Battleworld was an world pretty much designed to be an arena.

#9 Posted by BIGGGHEADTJ (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it just me or is DC and Marvel are doing the exact same event on the exact same month

#10 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

@jowser11 said:

So Attilan Rising and Ultimate are in the same region. Wonder what that means... Also, I never read the older Secret Wars stuff, so can someone explain Battleworld? I mean, is it that literal?

In the original Secret Wars the Beyonder destroyed a galaxy and used pieces of it to put together a world where Earths most powerful heroes and villains would fight to the death with the winners getting their hearts desire.

#11 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@jowser11 said:

In the original Secret Wars the Beyonder destroyed a galaxy and used pieces of it to put together a world where Earths most powerful heroes and villains would fight to the death with the winners getting their hearts desire.

I added the image from the original SECRET WARS to the original post.

#12 Posted by inferiorego (25733 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's me praying this is a Mojo and Arcade team-up story........ It's like Murderworld, but televised..

(it's not, but one can dream)

Staff
Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
#13 Posted by deactivated-5c901e667a76c (36557 posts) - - Show Bio

So... is this Marvel's answer to COIE 30 years late?

#14 Posted by DrellAssassin (1028 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really excited, but I'm still just as confused. All we have is a confirmation that it is indeed tied into Secret Wars.

#16 Posted by MyNameIsWill (796 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh.

#17 Edited by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn you B! Up to your old tricks again?

No Caption Provided

Someone needs to call Black Bolt and get this kid under control lol!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
#18 Posted by Fallschirmjager (23432 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't care. Just don't railroad individual comics and ruin them for your silly event.

#19 Posted by Cap10nate (3629 posts) - - Show Bio

@jowser11 said:

In the original Secret Wars, the Beyonder took pieces of different worlds and brought it together to form the Battleworld where he pitted much of the Marvel Earth heroes versus the Marvel Earth Villains.

The looks of this is that it will be similar, but instead of different pieces of random alien worlds, it will be pieces of Earth from different universes/ times. Who knows how it will will all go together through.

#20 Edited by Lemuel15 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Well look at that. I guess marvel wasn't rehashing old storylines. I guess these were all teasers for one big event. So...

No Caption Provided

#21 Posted by meatwadf (671 posts) - - Show Bio

@jowser11 said:

In the original Secret Wars, the Beyonder took pieces of different worlds and brought it together to form the Battleworld where he pitted much of the Marvel Earth heroes versus the Marvel Earth Villains.

The looks of this is that it will be similar, but instead of different pieces of random alien worlds, it will be pieces of Earth from different universes/ times. Who knows how it will will all go together through.

That's the gist of what I'm getting from this. Could be a real fun read, depending on how they go about it. I figured that all these "events" they were announcing were going to end up being simple one-shots that set the scene for a particular 'verse, and I bet that's what they do to give you the backstory before Secret Wars. I'll be curious to see what the end game is here...

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
#22 Edited by Battle_Forum_Junkie (10331 posts) - - Show Bio

So Marvel is re-doing previous events in order to re-do a previous event?

Well, I do like alternate reality stories, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I am very interested to see how it all turns out.

#23 Edited by iSummers (98 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope ultimate will survive....

#24 Posted by kantrip (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh that is gonna actually be cool

#25 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

If only the Beyonder had the power to make some people less cynical and more open-minded to future stories instead of them judging before seeing a single comic panel.

#26 Posted by Rev_Sulphur (2027 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh finally an answer. Terrible execution but I am on board.

#27 Posted by SoA (6246 posts) - - Show Bio

oh. my. YES!!!

i love seeing alternate worlds and if it becomes a super power melee , then im all in !!

snyone one who read jla/avengers book 4 knows what im talking about.

@jowser11: the original secret wars were an experiment by an nigh ominpotent being who wanted to see which was stronger good or evil , this looks to be time and reality breaking down , so that all these universes are existing at the same time . as per the unwritten rule there will be confusion and some infighting ,till they see a common threat (supervillian, supernatural phenomenon, etc) and unite to squash it .

if you never seen/read a crossover concerning alt worlds , try nabbing a few . you have jla/avengers which i mentioned above, the exiles, and currently you have the spiderverse story ongoing . there are tons of books and stories that have that concept and though it sometimes aggravates people ("why did Character A lose to Character B??") it can be a pretty awesome thing to read just to see alternate universe characters meet, interact,or slap each other silly.

#28 Posted by kivatt (333 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one that felt like I was watching the trailer for a brand new card game?

#29 Posted by meatwadf (671 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

If only the Beyonder had the power to make some people less cynical and more open-minded to future stories instead of them judging before seeing a single comic panel.

No, no, no. We need to make sweeping generalizations and assumptions about things not yet out. I mean, what are we supposed to do, actually read something and then decide?

#30 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@meatwadf: I wonder how some people even enjoy comics anymore. So much bitterness and angst. It's like the 90s comic characters have spewed over onto the Internet when they disappeared from comics.

#31 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

@meatwadf said:

@g_man said:

No, no, no. We need to make sweeping generalizations and assumptions about things not yet out. I mean, what are we supposed to do, actually read something and then decide?

Pre-retcon Beyonder could wipe out Death, but your wish is not within his power! Batman with prep maybe?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#32 Edited by StMichalofWilson (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

So 2015 marks the Multiverse Apocalypse...

No Caption Provided

xPeace

#33 Posted by Boynerdgeek (2733 posts) - - Show Bio

Multiverse !!!

#34 Posted by deadcool_XD (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

How are some many of you confused, this is super super awesome. Don't you see? They are taking other versions of the characters from different earth's and making them battle. Super, super stoked.

#35 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

Quote for truth.

#36 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool_xd: Yeah, I thought I made that clear in the post after the video. I even used pictures to illustrate.

#37 Posted by MakkyD (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

Reminds me of the accusations that Trinity War would be a copy of Civil War... Because they turned out sooooo similar...

#38 Edited by deadcool_XD (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man:

I think you explained it really well, that's why I was confused when I read the first few comments of people not getting it. Maybe they didn't get it because they didn't read the original secret wars. Though that's unlikely pretty big story to miss out on!

#39 Posted by westy206 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

i so called this!

#40 Edited by meatwadf (671 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_man said:

@meatwadf: I wonder how some people even enjoy comics anymore. So much bitterness and angst. It's like the 90s comic characters have spewed over onto the Internet when they disappeared from comics.

I don't get it, either. Sadly, due to budgetary reasons, I've had to cut back a lot on my comics, but if I didn't enjoy reading something, I just stop. If I don't feel like getting into an event, I don't get it. All the bitterness and angst just don't make sense to me. I can honestly say I have a lot less regrets from purchases the last ten years or so, then any previous decade collecting comics.

FYI, I think I still have a few copies of poly-bagged X-Force #1, if anyone is interested... heh

#41 Posted by Koays (10949 posts) - - Show Bio

YAAAAAAAY....oh wait i dont care.

Really don't feel like reading this story or trying to figure out any of it's concepts, and thats not because its a bad idea or a good one.

But the problem is anyone reading any Marvel comic has to pay attention to this because the entire marketing campaign, and a good part of this year as a whole has been based around the End of the Marvel Multiverse. And because there needs to be some form of stakes for this battle it likely will decide the future of Marvel.

So now even though i don't care about this event, i have to worry about the books i do care about possibly getting cancel as a result of this. F'ing A.

#42 Edited by MakkyD (6989 posts) - - Show Bio

Did anyone else notice that they still haven't revealed some of the realities competing from looking at the map?

#43 Posted by kantrip (307 posts) - - Show Bio

sadly I don't think budget will allow me to follow it monthly but I can't wait to read something like this in Trade. Especially if it is Hickman who always reads better in Trade for me.

#44 Posted by westy206 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

i guessed this a while back. Here

#45 Posted by Scarlet_Rogue (190 posts) - - Show Bio

NOPE.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
#46 Posted by superior_prime_maybe (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

so... basically spiderverse... or the initial all new x men issues.... or oh you know... The Convergence (freaky coincidence). Maybe Dc will appear here. :P brainiac meets beyonder

#47 Edited by BIGGGHEADTJ (88 posts) - - Show Bio

so... basically spiderverse... or the initial all new x men issues.... or oh you know... The Convergence (freaky coincidence). Maybe Dc will appear here. :P brainiac meets beyonder

Maybe they will i mean its the exact same event

#48 Edited by laabitres (801 posts) - - Show Bio

ok now its all good

#49 Posted by leokearon (1970 posts) - - Show Bio

Knew it, interesting to see a new version of Battleworld

#50 Posted by batmite1995 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

Please be a reboot and overwrite brand new day