• 140 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Remember all those teasers bringing back past events for Summer 2015? We saw teasers for SECRET WARS, CIVIL WAR, AGE OF ULTRON VS MARVEL ZOMBIES,YEARS OF FUTURE PAST, PLANET HULK, ARMOR WARS, HOUSE OF M,INFINITY GAUNTLET, OLD MAN LOGAN, INHUMANS: ATTILAN RISING, THE END of the Ultimate Universe, AGE OF APOCALYPSE, HULK: FUTURE IMPERFECT, THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS, AVENGERS VS. X-MEN, and X-Men '92 (animated series). (click each title to see the teaser).

Now a video trailer has been released.

Sounds a little familiar. Are you excited?

EDIT

What it appears, if all this is tied to SECRET WARS, the Beyonder is somehow going to take pieces of other realities and form a new world. In the original SECRET WARS, that's what he did, but with pieces of planets to form Battleworld for the heroes and villains.

No Caption Provided

Now we'll be seeing all these alternate reality versions of characters forced to fight each other?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

What?

IronAngelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Yeah, I'm confused.

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By LiveForever

Yes, so much clearer now!

</sarcasm>

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battleworld vs. Convergence. These couldn't start a flame war could they?

jowser11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Attilan Rising and Ultimate are in the same region. Wonder what that means... Also, I never read the older Secret Wars stuff, so can someone explain Battleworld? I mean, is it that literal?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes! Loving the sound of this already!

For all those confused the universes in the teasers are competing hunger games/battle royale style on a single map/planet.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

huh still doesnt clear up the reboot question... if anything "All New Marvel" kind of confirms it

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By MakkyD

@jowser11: Battleworld was an world pretty much designed to be an arena.

BIGGGHEADTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is it just me or is DC and Marvel are doing the exact same event on the exact same month

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jowser11 said:

So Attilan Rising and Ultimate are in the same region. Wonder what that means... Also, I never read the older Secret Wars stuff, so can someone explain Battleworld? I mean, is it that literal?

In the original Secret Wars the Beyonder destroyed a galaxy and used pieces of it to put together a world where Earths most powerful heroes and villains would fight to the death with the winners getting their hearts desire.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jowser11 said:

In the original Secret Wars the Beyonder destroyed a galaxy and used pieces of it to put together a world where Earths most powerful heroes and villains would fight to the death with the winners getting their hearts desire.

I added the image from the original SECRET WARS to the original post.

inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

#12 inferiorego  Staff

Here's me praying this is a Mojo and Arcade team-up story........ It's like Murderworld, but televised..

(it's not, but one can dream)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So... is this Marvel's answer to COIE 30 years late?

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm really excited, but I'm still just as confused. All we have is a confirmation that it is indeed tied into Secret Wars.

MyNameIsWill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By EarthsMightiest

Damn you B! Up to your old tricks again?

No Caption Provided

Someone needs to call Black Bolt and get this kid under control lol!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

I still don't care. Just don't railroad individual comics and ruin them for your silly event.

Cap10nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@jowser11 said:

In the original Secret Wars, the Beyonder took pieces of different worlds and brought it together to form the Battleworld where he pitted much of the Marvel Earth heroes versus the Marvel Earth Villains.

The looks of this is that it will be similar, but instead of different pieces of random alien worlds, it will be pieces of Earth from different universes/ times. Who knows how it will will all go together through.

Lemuel15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Lemuel15

Well look at that. I guess marvel wasn't rehashing old storylines. I guess these were all teasers for one big event. So...

No Caption Provided

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jowser11 said:

In the original Secret Wars, the Beyonder took pieces of different worlds and brought it together to form the Battleworld where he pitted much of the Marvel Earth heroes versus the Marvel Earth Villains.

The looks of this is that it will be similar, but instead of different pieces of random alien worlds, it will be pieces of Earth from different universes/ times. Who knows how it will will all go together through.

That's the gist of what I'm getting from this. Could be a real fun read, depending on how they go about it. I figured that all these "events" they were announcing were going to end up being simple one-shots that set the scene for a particular 'verse, and I bet that's what they do to give you the backstory before Secret Wars. I'll be curious to see what the end game is here...

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

So Marvel is re-doing previous events in order to re-do a previous event?

Well, I do like alternate reality stories, so I'm trying to stay optimistic.

I am very interested to see how it all turns out.

iSummers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By iSummers

i hope ultimate will survive....

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh that is gonna actually be cool

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If only the Beyonder had the power to make some people less cynical and more open-minded to future stories instead of them judging before seeing a single comic panel.

rev_sulphur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Oh finally an answer. Terrible execution but I am on board.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

oh. my. YES!!!

i love seeing alternate worlds and if it becomes a super power melee , then im all in !!

snyone one who read jla/avengers book 4 knows what im talking about.

@jowser11: the original secret wars were an experiment by an nigh ominpotent being who wanted to see which was stronger good or evil , this looks to be time and reality breaking down , so that all these universes are existing at the same time . as per the unwritten rule there will be confusion and some infighting ,till they see a common threat (supervillian, supernatural phenomenon, etc) and unite to squash it .

if you never seen/read a crossover concerning alt worlds , try nabbing a few . you have jla/avengers which i mentioned above, the exiles, and currently you have the spiderverse story ongoing . there are tons of books and stories that have that concept and though it sometimes aggravates people ("why did Character A lose to Character B??") it can be a pretty awesome thing to read just to see alternate universe characters meet, interact,or slap each other silly.

kivatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that felt like I was watching the trailer for a brand new card game?

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

If only the Beyonder had the power to make some people less cynical and more open-minded to future stories instead of them judging before seeing a single comic panel.

No, no, no. We need to make sweeping generalizations and assumptions about things not yet out. I mean, what are we supposed to do, actually read something and then decide?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf: I wonder how some people even enjoy comics anymore. So much bitterness and angst. It's like the 90s comic characters have spewed over onto the Internet when they disappeared from comics.

EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatwadf said:

@g_man said:

No, no, no. We need to make sweeping generalizations and assumptions about things not yet out. I mean, what are we supposed to do, actually read something and then decide?

Pre-retcon Beyonder could wipe out Death, but your wish is not within his power! Batman with prep maybe?

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

#32  Edited By StMichalofWilson

So 2015 marks the Multiverse Apocalypse...

No Caption Provided

xPeace

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Multiverse !!!

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

How are some many of you confused, this is super super awesome. Don't you see? They are taking other versions of the characters from different earth's and making them battle. Super, super stoked.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

Quote for truth.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deadcool_xd: Yeah, I thought I made that clear in the post after the video. I even used pictures to illustrate.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@g_man said:

Reminds me of the accusations that Trinity War would be a copy of Civil War... Because they turned out sooooo similar...

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38  Edited By deadcool_XD

@g_man:

I think you explained it really well, that's why I was confused when I read the first few comments of people not getting it. Maybe they didn't get it because they didn't read the original secret wars. Though that's unlikely pretty big story to miss out on!

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i so called this!

meatwadf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By meatwadf

@g_man said:

@meatwadf: I wonder how some people even enjoy comics anymore. So much bitterness and angst. It's like the 90s comic characters have spewed over onto the Internet when they disappeared from comics.

I don't get it, either. Sadly, due to budgetary reasons, I've had to cut back a lot on my comics, but if I didn't enjoy reading something, I just stop. If I don't feel like getting into an event, I don't get it. All the bitterness and angst just don't make sense to me. I can honestly say I have a lot less regrets from purchases the last ten years or so, then any previous decade collecting comics.

FYI, I think I still have a few copies of poly-bagged X-Force #1, if anyone is interested... heh

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

YAAAAAAAY....oh wait i dont care.

Really don't feel like reading this story or trying to figure out any of it's concepts, and thats not because its a bad idea or a good one.

But the problem is anyone reading any Marvel comic has to pay attention to this because the entire marketing campaign, and a good part of this year as a whole has been based around the End of the Marvel Multiverse. And because there needs to be some form of stakes for this battle it likely will decide the future of Marvel.

So now even though i don't care about this event, i have to worry about the books i do care about possibly getting cancel as a result of this. F'ing A.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MakkyD

Did anyone else notice that they still haven't revealed some of the realities competing from looking at the map?

kantrip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

sadly I don't think budget will allow me to follow it monthly but I can't wait to read something like this in Trade. Especially if it is Hickman who always reads better in Trade for me.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i guessed this a while back. Here

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOPE.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

so... basically spiderverse... or the initial all new x men issues.... or oh you know... The Convergence (freaky coincidence). Maybe Dc will appear here. :P brainiac meets beyonder

BIGGGHEADTJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BIGGGHEADTJ

so... basically spiderverse... or the initial all new x men issues.... or oh you know... The Convergence (freaky coincidence). Maybe Dc will appear here. :P brainiac meets beyonder

Maybe they will i mean its the exact same event

laabitres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By laabitres

ok now its all good

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points