• 70 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

Are you ready for another Marvel event? Marvel comics has revealed the official teaser to what is to be their next big company event, 'Shattered Heroes.'

No Caption Provided

The teaser is simple block text and was accompanied by two quotes from Marvel's Senior Vice President and Executive Editor Tom Brevoort. Based on the teaser for their next big event, Marvel seems to be following the same pattern of build heroes to break them that we've been seeing since, well, before Marvel's Civil War. So what makes this event stand out from the rest? Apparently, this event may be so catastrophic, that our heroes will have trouble "finding the strength to go on."

== TEASER ==
No Caption Provided

“The war is over, and the warriors return home, carrying with them scars of battle, both physical and mental. Now the cost will be tallied, the casualties buried and mourned, the rubble swept up and carted away. But the damage to our heroes isn’t easily repaired, the wounds not easily healed. Decisions are made and lives are changed—can shattered heroes find renewed courage to go on?” – Tom Brevoort, SVP Executive Editor

Check out the official teaser and accompanying quote from Marvel's SVP Tom Brevoort below. Let us know what you think the teaser means, and whether or not it's piqued your interest in the release of Marvel's 'Shattered Heroes ' event launching this October.

Source: Marvel

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#1  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

wow. so there not even giving us breaks anymore?

Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Sobe Cin

Umm. I am about ready to jump ship, I cannot stand all these damn events.
Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Chaos Burn

wonder who'll 'die' this time...

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

You have people that have the ability to make all of your pain go away, mental and otherwise...

CrimsonTempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By CrimsonTempest

Oh look, it's this crossover again.

Avatar image for canterburycricket
CanterburyCricket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CanterburyCricket

Oh come on Marvel, just as I am slating my DC buddies before their re-boot/launch/whatever , you go and have another event. With Fear Itself and Spider Island I will be evented out if I get anymore this year. 

fitchy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fitchy101
@Sobe Cin said:
I already did, I only pick up about 10% Marvel books now whereas before I only picked up about 10% DC.
EnSabahNurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By EnSabahNurX
@CanterburyCricket said:
Oh come on Marvel, just as I am slating my DC buddies before their re-boot/launch/whatever , you go and have another event. With Fear Itself and Spider Island I will be evented out if I get anymore this year. 
O_O I'm evented out already lol and event books are so pricey, they need to gie us a 6 month break from big events that involve any sort of crossover potential 
Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

So this just the result of Fear Itself I am guessing. I heard it was going to be called Battle Scars

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#11  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Marvel really dont like there heros huh? cue the death (or two) of some more well  developed characters for some cheap sales. 

illmatic06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By illmatic06
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

NOpe. Event overload
Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

Am I ready for the next Marvel event?  Yes.

Do I think these events are necessary? Well maybe.  

When there will be stand-alone issues? Who knows?

difficlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By difficlus
@Sobe Cin said:
same here. So damn silly
pspin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 182

#15  Edited By pspin

This seems like more of a "passive" event, something that describes the mood of the universe rather than heroes getting together and fighting a common enemy. It will probably have some group thereapy type issues and try and dive into the minds of the heroes, if it proves unpopular, it will probably be undone or ingnored. I can see this being centered on the Avengers and also the Worthy.

The concept seems interesting i suppose but I will reserve judgement until it starts
Enderof295

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Enderof295

Actually right now you have Fear Itself, Spider Island and Schism all going on... I figure Shattered Heroes will be more akin to Decimation post-House of M, or Dark Reign post-Secret Invasion.
Sobe Cin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Sobe Cin

@difficlus
    Unless Thunderbolts and X-Factor deal with it, I won't buy the books. Just too annoyed.

FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18  Edited By FoxxFireArt

Didn't they say they were going to do less events? This has been my biggest problem with comics.  Every events just exists to lead into the next one. Events used to be fun in the past, because they were rare.

Everything is always a "world shattering event". How about taking some time off shattering the world to actually tell some stories with the aftermath of the last one? Just put down the hammer, and lets see what came out of this.

@Sobe Cin
I could name some good manga to you that just tell a consistent story and don't try and kill you with yearly events that are just overly elaborate crossovers. =D

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

the sad thing is Marvel will keep doing these crappy events because people will keep buying them

Wingfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Wingfoot

Hi ! 

Events : the only way Marvel knows to keep their readers awaken. So, what's the catastrophe this time (yaawn) ? 

Hihane washte.
BransonHuggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BransonHuggins

Seriously.  I have been a Marvel fan for years, but this is getting a bit much.  It's like they don't even give time for there events to have any lasting effects, it's just right into the next "big event".  Well it's no longer a "big event" if you continue to pump them out one after another.  Seriously guys, you need to back the hell off on all of this.  We get it, you are losing readers, and want to get as much money as you can. But it's a little bit ridiculous at this point.  Just saying. 

LordRequiem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By LordRequiem

I'm tired of these massive events over and over, where obviously someone either leaves or dies. But it's Marvel, so I'll still be reading it no matter what happens, no matter how much distain I tend toward the idea of another catastrophic happening within the same year even.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#23  Edited By The Impersonator

Sure, the events are fun to read and watch. But the thing is there isn't enough stand alone stories nowdays. For example, you're watching a Star Trek episode. Was there a crossover event? No. Well, the Borg event did happen in the same time as TNG and DS9. Anyways, Marvel should at least take a break from these events. So that we can enjoy reading stand-alone stories for some time. 

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Amegashita

Can't say I'm surprised.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Sammo21

I wonder if this is just the overall direction of the MARVEL U or an actual event. Kind of like what Dark Reign was for the MARVEL U as a direction more than an actual event.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#26  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I don't think this is really an "event" like Fear Itself, from the other images I've seen it seems to be more like the aftermath of Fear Itself and how the heroes are reeling from it. I think it would be going a bit overboard to have an even RIGHT after Fear Itself knowing that we've got not only the whole deal with Osborn and H.A.M.M.E.R. coming on  with the Avengers not to mention next years big even "Ultron War" or whatever they're calling it.

Also here's a teaser that I found on Marvel.com a few weeks ago for this:

Shattered Heroes Teaser
Shattered Heroes Teaser
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Well the Heroic Age lasted long...

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By azza04

Marvel needs to bring Hyperion into their main universe, that would shake things up a bit :) And im talking about the one from Earth 31916, they should bring Zarda over as well.

Palaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Palaba

Yea I'm guessing not an event but a new banner such as Heroic Age or Dark Reign.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By CATPANEXE

Like some of the above, foreseeing more of a " theme " thing here than an actual event.

Sparky_Buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Sparky_Buzzsaw

I'm not even a comic reader, but I think Marvel's way overdoing it on the events.

Avatar image for 00mirageknight00
00MirageKnight00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By 00MirageKnight00

Marvel needs to redeem themselves by killing more heroes an let them stay dead for al least 6 years, a good start would be with the winter soldier.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#33  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@haydenclaireheroes said:
So this just the result of Fear Itself I am guessing. I heard it was going to be called Battle Scars
battle scars is a different book with a similar premise
CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Marvel needs to do an Event once every two years.  

One good thing about that is that they'll have more time to plan it out. Thus making it more interesting, making them look less money hungry, and they'll probably get more money lol

gui22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#35  Edited By gui22

Hulk:HULK SMASH PUNY EVENTS!
Marvel guy:Thats it,youre going to die in our next crossover.
Other Marvel guy:Yea and Daredevil the whole demon thing dint work out so might as well kill him.
Another Marvel guy:Lets just erase his mind like we did with Iron Man! 
Yet Another Marvel guy:Hey wasnt the Sentry returning?
EVEN another marvel guy:Hey wasnt jocasta married to ultron?Then how come he was "reborn" in Avengers 12.1 if he was alive and well before siege?And the reality gem was with Iron Man not Black Bolt.
These are the things i dont like about marvel theyre getting confused with themselves!

Golden Cod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Golden Cod

What a cheesy title.  We just can't stop looking to the 90s for inspiration can we?

bunkerbuster05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By bunkerbuster05

This seems more like an epilogue to Fear Itself. This event is pretty rough, villain wise. These dudes are basically gods, and some damage is being done physically and mentally. I want some aftermath, but more importantly I want

Bucky's death to be fully acknowledged.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By Mercy_

Fear Itself isn't even over and they're already teasing the next event? SMH.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CATPANEXE
@The Dark Huntress
I was thinking a little about this the other day, and I find solicitations/sales technicalities to be somewhat at fault for this.
When something is going to be spoiled no matter what you try, particularly in this information age, their really isn't much
else to do but try and roll with it. Not dismissing other factors in play either though.
micangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By micangel

I am event fatigued.  Would love to see the books stand alone for awhile, both brand wise and franchise wise.  I thought Heroic Age last year was supposed to be a return to a less dark and gritty and death filled universe that has tumbled on since House of M and Decimation.  And then came Fear Itself and Schism.  Can't get a happy break.  At least DC is so preoccupied with setting the tone of their individual new books they won't dare go near a company wide event (or at least that's what they say).  I'd be happy to be event free for many years to come.

VanAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By VanAce

This sounds a little like Fear Itself aftermath miniseries to me.

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

#42  Edited By StarKiller809

I think Marvel has already done this...
I guess if they change the name it makes it original.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#43  Edited By PowerHerc

@spiderbat87 said:

Well the Heroic Age lasted long...

Hah! Yeah, no shit, huh?

The Heroic Age might be remembered as "The Heroic Year" providing it's even remembered at all.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#44  Edited By Gambit1024

What happened to the whole "is it in you?" thing? Is this that?

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Nova`Prime`

*Yawn* Does anyone really care any more? Its about time for Marvel to scrap doing comics and just concentrate on movies.

Avatar image for theworldbreaker
Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Theworldbreaker
@pspin said:

This seems like more of a "passive" event, something that describes the mood of the universe rather than heroes getting together and fighting a common enemy. It will probably have some group thereapy type issues and try and dive into the minds of the heroes, if it proves unpopular, it will probably be undone or ingnored. I can see this being centered on the Avengers and also the Worthy. The concept seems interesting i suppose but I will reserve judgement until it starts

labarith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By labarith

I think it's unfair for event-followers to complain.  Some event-tie ins are stand alone.  buy them and nothing else.  Others are essential reading - buy them or don't.  And others are filler shit... skip it.  For example, nothing happening in Bendis's Avengers matters until Fear Itself is over.  Hawkeye kisses someone who is not his wife for no apparent reason.  It's on the cover.  It's all that happens in the book.  Don't buy it. 

We've come quite a long way from the days where crossover events were linear across multiple books.  Nowadays, only X-books do that... and schism clearly even breaks this trend. :(

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Trodorne

Okay im calling it now, This event will see some heroes stepping down from comics for the next while at least until marvel wants to bring them back to boost sales for about a month. 
 there will be 8 separate tie in issues that will not be connected to their main titles such as shattered heroes Spider-man #1. and this will cause teams to be re-formed hence why we will have the new fantastic four with spider-man. 

So in the end, those who know they are going to cave and buy into the event send me a PM.

BatBen9135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BatBen9135
@Nova`Prime` said:
*Yawn* Does anyone really care any more? Its about time for Marvel to scrap doing comics and just concentrate on movies.

Couldn't agree more. Movies are a better bet than comics now of days anyway.
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#50  Edited By Aiden Cross

Oh goody, another event... -__-