• 56 results
Kimeraevent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Kimeraevent

So much complaining. This event was planned before the launch of the Heroic Age more than a year ago. The Ultron Event breaks everything and sets into motion whatever the writers want it to. I would be upset over how New Avengers, Avengers, All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men's current storylines appear to being put aside. Those four books are putting out some serious stories with world breaking plots. The New Universe was reintroduced with the Starbrand in Avengers, The Illuminati are fighting back against dimensional collapse in New Avengers, The original X-Men are being twisted and darkened long before they should would have due to the anger of Hank McCoy and in Uncanny, Magneto is betraying Cyclops, who is being a better revolutionary than Magneto EVER was and doing it without the murder of innocents. Ultron should have been pushed until the end of the year and had the reboot done January 1st after the stories could have been tied up. I'm still going to get the books, but I'm not going to complain just to complain. With the hiccup that was Dark Reign, Siege and the horribly disfigured interpretation of the Phoenix in AVX, Marvel hasn't done such a horrible job with its company wide plots.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Hmmm, don't know how good of an idea this will be here :/

Chaos Burn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By Chaos Burn

Like most events, they are just ploys to kill off characters to shock new readers into thinking Marvel is a bold company when in fact it is spineless

Civil War - Captain America

Secret Invasion - Wasp

Fear Itself - Thor (briefly) Bucky (not really)

AvX - Prof X

Who's going to die this time?

karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By karrob

Hank Pym is done for

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#55  Edited By AgeofHurricane

@Kimeraevent said:

So much complaining. This event was planned before the launch of the Heroic Age more than a year ago. The Ultron Event breaks everything and sets into motion whatever the writers want it to. I would be upset over how New Avengers, Avengers, All-New X-Men and Uncanny X-Men's current storylines appear to being put aside. Those four books are putting out some serious stories with world breaking plots. The New Universe was reintroduced with the Starbrand in Avengers, The Illuminati are fighting back against dimensional collapse in New Avengers, The original X-Men are being twisted and darkened long before they should would have due to the anger of Hank McCoy and in Uncanny, Magneto is betraying Cyclops, who is being a better revolutionary than Magneto EVER was and doing it without the murder of innocents. Ultron should have been pushed until the end of the year and had the reboot done January 1st after the stories could have been tied up. I'm still going to get the books, but I'm not going to complain just to complain. With the hiccup that was Dark Reign, Siege and the horribly disfigured interpretation of the Phoenix in AVX, Marvel hasn't done such a horrible job with its company wide plots.

When both titles are finished (or a different writer steps on), nobody's going to take the premises and concepts seriously. There's nothing world-breaking about forced and convoluted fan fic.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Also, Quesada's art is quite nasty, though, not as nasty as his editing. That's on a different level.