Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1

No Caption Provided

(W) Brian Michael Bendis (A/CA) Stefano Caselli

From the violent streets of Chicago, a new armored hero rises! Clad in her very own Iron Man armor, Riri Williams is ready to show the Marvel Universe what she can do as the self-made hero of tomorrow. But is she ready for all the problems that come with stepping into Iron Man's jet boots? Where's a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist when you need one?

Rated T+

SEP160893 In Shops: Nov 09, 2016 SRP: $3.99

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

So basically the same preview they gave a month or two ago but now with an extended page showing Riri freaking out? This still doesn't make me want to read this.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

... Did he just call Sesame Street stupid!? 'THAT BASTARD!!!

(kidding. This looks fine, this series could work)

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Nope.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is everyone excited for this? :-)

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm In! :)

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By mrkareemruiz

Great art and writing, will buy.

Avatar image for spiderhyphenman
spiderhyphenman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stormphoenix: I would be because it's great art and looks to be an intriguing story but i was the same way a year ago with Tony Stark and Marquez. Everything was great untill the Doom arc was over, MJ showed up and things dragged on. Bendis just drags things a bit too much for my taste.

But enjoy it and i hope it's great!

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@rubear said:
No Caption Provided

Ok I don't understand this joke.

werst9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's Bendis with a single character that he made so it's probably going to be really good. More miles morales than uncanny xmen.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a meme about how since Barry went back in time (most recently and created Flashpoint), he messed up the universe, including Marvel.

It's a joke.

@g2_ said:
@rubear said:
No Caption Provided

Ok I don't understand this joke.

coffeeprince29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

No Caption Provided

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

_Reynard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's time to stop.

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting socially progressive views,[1] including feminism,[1][2]civil rights,[1]multiculturalism,[1] and identity politics.[3] The accusation of being an SJW carries implications of pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction,[4] and being engaged in disingenuous social justice arguments or activism to raise personal reputation.[5]

The phrase originated in the late 20th century as a neutral or positive term for people engaged in social justice activism.[1] In 2011 when the term first appeared on Twitter it changed from a primarily positive term to an overwhelmingly negative one.[1] During the Gamergate controversy, the negative connotation gained increased use, and was particularly aimed at those espousing views adhering to social liberalism, cultural inclusiveness, or feminism, as well as views deemed to be politically correct.[1][2]

g2_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

@doc-holiday: LOL

SpitfirePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I skimmed through all the pretty pictures and realized I'm mostly indifferent.

Avatar image for thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin
Thatlyn Yoaeg'ill'rymmin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werst9 said:

It's Bendis with a single character that he made so it's probably going to be really good. More miles morales than uncanny xmen.

Exactly. Bendis give his best with solo heroes he create himself [better if they are "low level"]... so maybe this will be really good :)

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@werst9 said:

Exactly. Bendis give his best with solo heroes he create himself [better if they are "low level"]... so maybe this will be really good :)

Odd, considering he seemed pretty careless with her introduction in the latest Civil War 2 issue.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@doc-holiday: Jesus Christ, finally someone else who noticed Marvel constantly does this. I thought I was going insane with no one else ever remembering this stuff.

On another note tho, why is it called Iron Man, if she is Iron Heart.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@cagnazzo82 said:
@thatlyn_yoaeg_ill_rymmin said:
@werst9 said:

Odd, considering he seemed pretty careless with her introduction in the latest Civil War 2 issue.

Bendis is hit or miss. But with original characters with no previous history he can do well. It's when he's working with established characters that he tends to shred them and laugh at the anger of the fans. This doesn't look too bad, a little time dead should do Tony some good. Since he dies at the end of cw2 I wonder if Carol kills him?

Cagnazzo82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cagnazzo82 said:
@werst9 said:

Bendis is hit or miss. But with original characters with no previous history he can do well. It's when he's working with established characters that he tends to shred them and laugh at the anger of the fans. This doesn't look too bad, a little time dead should do Tony some good. Since he dies at the end of cw2 I wonder if Carol kills him?

You have a point because I had a high opinion of him following the Miles Morales arc in the Ultimate Universe.

It's all been downhill since then unfortunately. If he does enjoy enraging fans then perhaps he shouldn't be working in comics.

I've never heard of a professional author that gets joy out of enraging fans. Giving them something to think about maybe... expanding the boundaries of their imagination, maybe. But destroying fan-favorite characters for the hell of it? That only makes me dislike him more than I already do.

I'm willing to give this book a chance though. These early panels and her haphazard shoe-horned introduction in Civil War aren't doing much justice so far however.

Let's hope he builds and interesting cast around this character like he did with Miles in Ultimate U. That's likely what would keep me reading this book in the future.

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Mark_Stephen

@cagnazzo82 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@cagnazzo82 said:
@werst9 said:

You have a point because I had a high opinion of him following the Miles Morales arc in the Ultimate Universe.

It's all been downhill since then unfortunately. If he does enjoy enraging fans then perhaps he shouldn't be working in comics.

I've never heard of a professional author that gets joy out of enraging fans. Giving them something to think about maybe... expanding the boundaries of their imagination, maybe. But destroying fan-favorite characters for the hell of it? That only makes me dislike him more than I already do.

I'm willing to give this book a chance though. These early panels and her haphazard shoe-horned introduction in Civil War aren't doing much justice so far however.

Let's hope he builds and interesting cast around this character like he did with Miles in Ultimate U. That's likely what would keep me reading this book in the future.

As long as sales are high the only fans he's angering are those who express themselves on the net, easily disposable. A vocal minority not to be taken too seriously. From Wanda to Tigra, Jean and Bobby and lately Hawkeye he's made a career out of taking established characters and twisting or shredding them to the point where I can't believe he doesn't enjoy a little bit of the anger. That doesn't mean this story will be a bad one. As noted when he has his own characters to work with Bendis can turn out a good story.

Doc-Holiday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doc-holiday: Jesus Christ, finally someone else who noticed Marvel constantly does this. I thought I was going insane with no one else ever remembering this stuff.

Because it's 2016 and blah blah blah gender blah blah blah race, or whatever tumblr will spew out as an answer

The real answer? It sells the first and sometimes second issue and looks good for Marvel PR, that's all Riri is, a PR stunt

mrkareemruiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By mrkareemruiz

@doc-holiday: You need to move on. We get it, you hate black characters.

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mysoulz

Who's going to buy a comic of a lesser known character?

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't want to be negative but, gosh, Bendis, stop raping my comic universe already.

Inglewoodian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

I'm gonna give the first issue a purchase but I have no faith in Bendis or RiRi as Iron Man. Should have just named it IronHeart. I'm glad this shitty artwork Marvel is done now too.

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jim158

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Doom or whatever it's called was terrible. Bendis is pulling a Doc. Ock move with Tony Stark being trapped in a computer.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mysoulz said:
@2cool4fun said:

By that logic why even bother creating Riri if Tony was doing the job of selling comics well enough on his own?

lionman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

because there is no more iron man, shes replacing him so it should be in his title. just like x-23 is under the wolverine title, just like every other replacement is under the originals name. This looks amazing btw cant wait to read it.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@lionman: Yes, but X-23 calls herself Wolverine, Riri calls herself Ironheart.

LuffyDUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

This doesn't look bad at all

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:
@mysoulz said:
@2cool4fun said:

By that logic why even bother creating Riri if Tony was doing the job of selling comics well enough on his own?

Same reason other new (diverse) characters are the new replacements to the originals.

pipxeroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By pipxeroth

I hope she dies in issue one

Uche12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Woman sounds better than Iron Heart, anyway.

RavenKingXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

You know I don't think tony is dead, I think he got really injured at the end of civil war 2 that he was just left to be believed dead by the public and lesser characters, while in reality he is being outfitted with cybernetic parts to help, like what happened to war machine around the time of the original civil war.

Ezekael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Ezekael

Sales obviously do not matter. Sales have continued to plummet for Marvel Super-hero comics across the board for some time now and they have yet to alter their business model.

They have fully embraced the Moral High-Ground approach to their business, it is far more important to them to feel good about their false "inclusive" approach than to actually run a business model that appeals to multiple types of fans.

This thread doesn't disappoint though. Plenty of automatic accusations of racism for anyone who is annoyed at yet another pallet swap. Sales will be "O.K." in the way Totally Awesome Hulk is due to the name "Iron Man" on the title, but sales for equivalent issues a year or two down the line to previous series will continue to show a loss.

So glad DC was able to pull their heads out of their asses in time to give fans something good while Marvel continues to double-down on a failed approach.

Last thing - I don't understand how some of you don't understand why the title is "Iron Man" and not "Iron Heart". There is no "secret" here. Its this simple: If its called Iron Man there are a certain amount of base-sales they can count on from that IP regardless of the books content. If they call it Iron Heart, it will sell like Patsy Walker and Mockingbird (which were both fairly well written books with solid creative teams.)