INHUMANS VS X-MEN Shakes up the Marvel Universe

• 144 results
#101 Edited by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6 said:

Totally fair opinion, but it only applies to Black Bolt and Maximus. The other Inhumans never got to make that choice. By the time they found out about the prophecy Black Bolt had already released the T bomb. So they've only ever had the choice of destroy the mist, thus committing genocide on Inhumans or allow it to stay, thus committing genocide on mutants. It's an impossible choice, hence why Medusa has her top scientists working with Beast to try to find a cure instead, so she doesn't have to choose a group to die.

I think X-fans are fair hating Black Bolt, but the rest of the Inhumans really had nothing to do with it. And they've kicked him off the throne for his actions.

Do they, or its just cheap stunt to keep naive individuals (Beast, Storm aim lookin at you) at bay? Right now it look as a stunt.

Besides, it rest of inhumans was so "Heroic" as you think they are, they would etither create new Terigen or take everything they could from that cloud and started fully volunteer recruitment campaign, but most importantly: THEY WOLD DESTROY THAT F-ING CLOUD!

But this one... thats completly villainous cause infected have no right or chance to chose if they want. Did you hear about New Morlocks? Those are mutants and HUMANS who hide themselves in swers from Inhumans cloud.

Take down your pink glases, Inhumans are bads here. They may dont act like Dr.Doom, Apocalypse, or Ultron, but they are. Are Zombies good because they eating living alive and turning corpses into another zombies, no matter if living want or not? Or are Xenomorfs good because they infectin people with Facehungers, which cause death of host when Chestbuster came out? Or like in WW2 when Nazis took "chosen" childern and give them into "proper German families"?

#102 Edited by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkmount1: Its actually Hero vs villain, cause genocide on mutants and other things caused by Inhumans arent much heroic.

#103 Edited by VioletPhoenix (380 posts) - - Show Bio

Leave the X-Men alone :(

I'm guessing the Inhumans will win, the same way the Avengers won the last time around. (Go X-Men!)

#104 Posted by Squalleon (9994 posts) - - Show Bio

Bravo MARVEL because thats how you will make the Inhumans greater. By puttig them against the actual fan favorite franchise that in recent years has also been the outsider in fans eye.

Poor chumps.

#105 Posted by VioletPhoenix (380 posts) - - Show Bio

I will never understand the unnecessary and extreme amount of hatred that the mutants receive within the marvel-verse.

#106 Posted by TheKinfing (11906 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh look, more heroes fighting each other. The marvel talent pool is really exhausted when hero fighting hero is the only plot they can come up with for any sort of event.

#107 Edited by PrimeEarth2016 (244 posts) - - Show Bio
#108 Posted by PrimeEarth2016 (244 posts) - - Show Bio
#109 Posted by Ambaryerno (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@lionman said:

Yea there isnt anyone on the xmen that even stands half a chance against Black Bolt. Maybe Jean if she was phoenix. Im not looking forward to seeing him being dumbed down for this series, hes probably gonna be toe to toe with magneto which is terrible.

To repeat: Dazzler has absorbed him before. For that matter she's absorbed the Power Cosmic. If she remembers she's an X-Man and shows up, BB is done.

#110 Edited by PrimeEarth2016 (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: Have you been reading Uncanny X-Men? Magneto has been nerfed, he had trouble lifting a truck with his power, he isnt useless but he isnt gunna be wiping the floor with the inhumans.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#111 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4707 posts) - - Show Bio

@primeearth2016: Yes I have been reading it. I know he's been nerfed but maybe with this they can show his true power coming back

#112 Posted by Lvenger (36344 posts) - - Show Bio

@primeearth2016: Wait Magneto's power is still nerfed currently? And he struggled to lift a frickin' truck off the ground?

How the mighty have fallen...

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#113 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5639 posts) - - Show Bio
#114 Edited by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@igilistr said:
@dankhan6 said:

Totally fair opinion, but it only applies to Black Bolt and Maximus. The other Inhumans never got to make that choice. By the time they found out about the prophecy Black Bolt had already released the T bomb. So they've only ever had the choice of destroy the mist, thus committing genocide on Inhumans or allow it to stay, thus committing genocide on mutants. It's an impossible choice, hence why Medusa has her top scientists working with Beast to try to find a cure instead, so she doesn't have to choose a group to die.

I think X-fans are fair hating Black Bolt, but the rest of the Inhumans really had nothing to do with it. And they've kicked him off the throne for his actions.

Do they, or its just cheap stunt to keep naive individuals (Beast, Storm aim lookin at you) at bay? Right now it look as a stunt.

Besides, it rest of inhumans was so "Heroic" as you think they are, they would etither create new Terigen or take everything they could from that cloud and started fully volunteer recruitment campaign, but most importantly: THEY WOLD DESTROY THAT F-ING CLOUD!

But this one... thats completly villainous cause infected have no right or chance to chose if they want. Did you hear about New Morlocks? Those are mutants and HUMANS who hide themselves in swers from Inhumans cloud.

Take down your pink glases, Inhumans are bads here. They may dont act like Dr.Doom, Apocalypse, or Ultron, but they are. Are Zombies good because they eating living alive and turning corpses into another zombies, no matter if living want or not? Or are Xenomorfs good because they infectin people with Facehungers, which cause death of host when Chestbuster came out? Or like in WW2 when Nazis took "chosen" childern and give them into "proper German families"?

They didn't there are scans of them finding out post T-Bomb. Also why don't the X-Men just create new terrigen if its that easy? And I've explained how destroying the cloud would lead to genocide on all Inhumans .And the story has already stated they don't know how to collect it on a large scale.

Anyway I'm not interested in a fight. It's clear you aren't interested in facts and just want to demonize a property without understanding the story. None of your argument have anything to do with the story that is actually happening or takes into consideration how many Inhumans are trying to deal with Black Bolts mess and helpiing X-Men or how almost none of them had a say in releasing the terrigen.

Sometimes I feel like X-Men fans don't care about the stories they just want to attack smaller franchises. Funny because you're supposed to be fans of a franchise where majorities attack minorities because they are scared of them getting equal respect. In a meta sense X-Men fans have come to represent the same things within comic fandom that the X-men villains do in the books.

The X-Men would be very disappointed in their fans.

#115 Posted by lars_maximus (142 posts) - - Show Bio

The writing in Marvel has been on a horrible downturn for some years. It sucks that with each event the characters are written as if in abubble with no acknowledgment of continuity and this is will be another extension of that. Why is Beast with the Inhumans working on MPox allegedly when he never sent the original XMen back to their time? He has shown that he wouldn't support the XMen during AxX even as the Avengers considered killing the Phoenix Five and he was part of the Illuminati for a bit yet the Inhumans trust him enough to allow him to live amongst them. All of this is out of character for Hank McCoy.

There has been bias against mutants in the Marvel world for decades but it has gotten blatant due to the poor writing. Fantastic Four and Avengers have always been applauded, except in cases of mass casualties, yet the X-universe had to hide the fact that the school existed to protect and train mutants in their powers. Just illogical. And TP/TK, which should give advantage in most fights, has always been nerfed. Prime example would be Psylocke, who has both TP/TK but uses them most often for reconnaissance and linking minds on the battlefield and relies almost only on her martial arts and psychic blades. Imagine how OP she would be in another universe? I like the idea of a separate alternate universe for mutants, it's become that way in recent years as X-events barely connect to non-mutant continuity (Strong Guy as a Hell Lord, Darwin killing Hela or whatever and becoming the God of Hel).

As per Black Bolt taking on Magneto, Magneto would be a spear in the debris afterwards but there are still other mutants who can mind wipe, alter reality, time travel, possess a death touch and more but they don't get written often or well.

#116 Posted by odvir (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Does marvel don't have anymore stories to tell so they just repeat the same events or are they just to lazy to think of something new?

#117 Posted by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6: At last we not "GENOCIDAL ASSHOLES WHO TURNING PEOPLE INTO CRONENBERGS WHATEVER THEY WANT OR NOT" worshipers.

#118 Edited by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

##

@igilistr said:

@dankhan6: At last we not "GENOCIDAL ASSHOLES WHO TURNING PEOPLE INTO CRONENBERGS WHATEVER THEY WANT OR NOT" worshipers.

Except that isn't true about 99% of the Inhumans in the real story, just the one you made up in your mind. Hence why I tried to tell you the context of what is happening in the actual books, but you don't care about the facts of the story because it hurts your made up narrative and ability to attack and spread lies about smaller franchises.

#XFansActingLikeStryker

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
#119 Edited by CaptainMarvel4Ever (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotham331 said:

Plus, where are the villains? The heroes are the villains in the Marvel universe. There's no bigger threat the man the one posed by the "saviors" of their universe. They fight each other more than they fought the villains. I've never seen a group of "heroes" in so much conflict with each other. Isn't there any common ground? Can they compromise? No! They have to fight week in and week out. Hell, the villains should just get a regular job because they're no more threatening than the good guys.

Feels like mainstream Marvel is the Kingdom Come universe

#120 Posted by Spydey (469 posts) - - Show Bio

This really is Fox vs Disney, though lol.

I've been waiting for this for a while, though. I just wish they didn't do it so close to CWII despite how much of a let down it's become for me.

There better not be any Avengers, SHIELD, or anyone. I just want Inhumans tearing into Mutants with everyone else watching like, "We uh..we better sit this one out".

#121 Posted by werst9 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY AN EVENT I CAN COMPLETELY SKIP AND NOT CARE AT ALL.

#122 Posted by spiderbuck1 (2768 posts) - - Show Bio

@theinfamousgod said:

I will never understand the unnecessary and extreme amount of hatred that the mutants receive within the marvel-verse.

@mark_stephen said:

Oh look, more heroes fighting each other. The marvel talent pool is really exhausted when hero fighting hero is the only plot they can come up with for any sort of event.

#123 Posted by Shadowstare (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Mutants have re-written reality, But they can't remove a little mist in the air? Storm can't? Jean can't? Quire can't? Beast can't figure this out? He can figure out time travel but mist is too much for him? Bah....

i'll read it tho.

#124 Posted by mikethekiller (9688 posts) - - Show Bio

Given the premise I'm actually curious to see how marvel marvel is gonna pull off making the xmen the bad guys.

#125 Posted by Shadowstare (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93: is THAT why no one's destroyed that cloud? For fear of her and the Inhumans?

#126 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10450 posts) - - Show Bio
@lvenger said:

@primeearth2016: Wait Magneto's power is still nerfed currently? And he struggled to lift a frickin' truck off the ground?

How the mighty have fallen...

Magneto's powers aren't nerfed anymore he was healed in one of the Uncanny X-men issues by Xorn. To what extent not sure he still looks weak.

#127 Posted by Teerack (10703 posts) - - Show Bio

Foreshadowing.

No Caption Provided

#128 Posted by Dr_Cheesesteak (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Marvel just rip the f*cking bandaid off and sell the X franchise to Fox+Dark Horse/IDW for $1billion already? Who says no?

Like mutants appearing here and there on other team books or video games is really helping sales for Marvel. Show the franchise some f*cking respect and put them in the hands of companies who actually would care about them.

#129 Posted by lionman (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@sp4rt4n said:

Black Bolt > The entire X-franchise combined. Yet the guy can't just get his own book. And since the Inhumans movie got pushed back, can we get Black Bolt back in a costume that's not as horrible to look at?

Unless Dazzler remembers she's an X-Man. She's absorbed his scream before. Hell, she absorbed the Power Cosmic, and that's a source of INFINITE sound.

Bolts voice isnt sound its quasi sonic. Dazzler absorbing his voice does nothing for the fact that he can just pick up a car or part of the earth and smash her with it, or better yet...punch her, hes able to move as fast as quicksilver and can trade punches with thor and gladiator. dazzler is NOT beating boltagon.

#130 Posted by lionman (56 posts) - - Show Bio

@sp4rt4n: Black Bolt has nothing on Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Beast, Magneto, Prof. X, or Iceman (is that his name?)

He can possible beat them all at once.

#131 Posted by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio
#132 Posted by lionman (56 posts) - - Show Bio
@igilistr said:
@dankhan6 said:

The reason is actually that there is a prophecy that if the Inhumans don't greatly increase their numbers there will be a genocide event against them and they will all die. The only way to survive it is to maximize the number of Inhumans so they get the right skills to survive it. It's the real reason Black Bolt set off the terrigen bomb in the first place.

So it isn't advancement vs lives of mutants, it's literally pick genocide or genocide and they are picking their own species to survive, which I'd say almost anyone would do. (of course many are hoping to find a cure instead for the mutants so all survive)

This has been a major plot point in the Inhumans books and is why they let their own villains like Lash live.

The issue is Marvel has done a shit job of letting anyone know this who doesn't read Soule's work (heck even in Uncanny Inhumans it hasn't been brought up as much, you'd need to read Inhuman to know it). They have also failed to have the Inhumans tell anyone else in the universe this for god knows what reason.

Just the fact that they are villing to murder milions of people and screw with lives of countles other or that they even decited to pick even one genocide is VILLAINOUS ENOUGH.

If they were heroes/good guys, they would do just as Mark here sayd. They wold anounce that people can be turned into Inhumans IF THEY WANT. They would do tests and then turning them. But this one is same like what Wesker want to do in Resident Evil 5 and hes (was, cause he bites the dust(lava) now) villain.

They set off the T-bomb because Thanos was coming to destroy earth too, they tried to stop him.

#133 Edited by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93 said:

@mangakid1995: That's not the issue. Medusa has said that she will not allow the terrigen clouds to be destroyed or dispersed, even though they're killing mutants and causing chaos. The Inhumans see genocide as an acceptable cost for the preservation of their species.

Outside of fan bias, how can anyone root for the Inhumans when they're this morally bankrupt and unsympathetic?

Beats me. From i know Inhumans are racist, xenophobic, slave owners who never did anything for anyone until it became convenient and beneficial to them.

However, some individuals think that this all is, along with current genocide and turning people into Cronenbergs, sight of good guys. However, there are those who absolutly uncritically worship Adolf Hitler, eh?

#134 Edited by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6: Have you ever read some curent X-men comics? Have you red how are mutants screwed up? Gues what? I DID. And i also read Inhuman comic if you want to ask. I HATED THEM. And it didnt sem at all that other Inhumnas are much disturbed about Black Bolts actions, lives of people whose been screwed up by that cloud or plight of mutants. But then i remembered, regardles to last mentioned, that Mutants are usualy hated by humans. And it pretty good explain why Inhumans are celebrated, welcomed, and subject to no killer robot attacks: They killing mutants. Or this Terrigen cloud. In every other movie, TV series, comic, video game, book, everytime when aliens do things likethis, they are bads, but sudently not here.

But you know what? Fine! You can have your racist, xenophobic, slave owners who never did anything for anyone until it became convenient and beneficial to them. Did you know that Inhumans have slaves known as Alpha primitives? But hey, who cares. Even Hitler has his uncritical worshipers.

I HOPE THAT THIS WAS THE LAST CONVERSATION BETWEN US.

#135 Edited by Jeremy1989 (1818 posts) - - Show Bio

@dr_cheesesteak said:

Can Marvel just rip the f*cking bandaid off and sell the X franchise to Fox+Dark Horse/IDW for $1billion already? Who says no?

Like mutants appearing here and there on other team books or video games is really helping sales for Marvel. Show the franchise some f*cking respect and put them in the hands of companies who actually would care about them.

Oh or better yet, sell it to DC Comics. Who knows the possibilities they might do with them.

#136 Edited by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@igilistr said:

@dankhan6: Have you ever read some curent X-men comics? Have you red how are mutants screwed up? Gues what? I DID. And i also read Inhuman comic if you want to ask. I HATED THEM. And it didnt sem at all that other Inhumnas are much disturbed about Black Bolts actions, lives of people whose been screwed up by that cloud or plight of mutants. But then i remembered, regardles to last mentioned, that Mutants are usualy hated by humans. And it pretty good explain why Inhumans are celebrated, welcomed, and subject to no killer robot attacks: They killing mutants. Or this Terrigen cloud. In every other movie, TV series, comic, video game, book, everytime when aliens do things likethis, they are bads, but sudently not here.

But you know what? Fine! You can have your racist, xenophobic, slave owners who never did anything for anyone until it became convenient and beneficial to them. Did you know that Inhumans have slaves known as Alpha primitives? But hey, who cares. Even Hitler has his uncritical worshipers.

I HOPE THAT THIS WAS THE LAST CONVERSATION BETWEN US.

You're talking about Xfans who like Cyclops in this sentence right?

Also I don't like Blackbolt, the one responsible for this. I just don't blame an entire race for the actions of a single individual. That my friend is known as racism.

And in terms of the slave owning thing you realize Black Bolt and Medusa are the ones who ended that right? (nevermind of course you don't, you don't care about the facts of the story, just demonizing groups weaker than your fanbase). You hate Abe Lincoln too LOL?

If you'd actually read Inhumans books you'd know about the prophecy, you'd have read how Medusa destroyed Black Bolts throne for his actions and told him he'd lost the right to rule. You would've seen their top scientist Iso working with Beast to find a cure and Medusa giving Beast access to the codex, the entire record of Inhuman's genome, something that would be incredibly dangerous to Inhumans if Beast betrayed them. You would've read how Crystal allows Frenzy to use the Inhuman mobile base as a forward command post to save mutants before the cloud gets there. If you actually read this you chose to ignore it because it hurts the fake story you made up, where you're poor Xmen are the victims of everything.

#XFansActingLikeStryker

#138 Posted by Linore (109 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6: Honestly it just sucks for Inhumans and Xman right now since writers are pushing this vs angle. When really they could just work together. But no that wont lead to interesting developments. Im more an xmen fan I dont know the Inhumans much cause never read their ish but if I was Medusa I would be pissed with Blackbolt too.

#139 Posted by blackair9 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I appreciate that Marvel are getting top talent on this and Death of X, but I just can't bring myself to care about any of it.

I am with you there. just the treatment of x-men properties and inhumans in general been an annoyance. Im down to 2 X-books on my pull list (all new wolverine and old man logan).

#140 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackair9: Old Man Logan has been great. Have not read All New Wolverine, but hear great things.

#141 Posted by SP4RT4N (85 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember back when Black Bolt was sort of an anti-hero and was powerful enough nobody was trying to get at him or be his arch enemy and he just did his own thing? Kinda like back in the day when Black Adam joined the JSA and everyone was scratching their heads?

THAT is what needs to happen with Blackagar Boltagon. Like somebody mentioned before, he's powerful, he's a king, and he CAN'T talk. If he does he levels mountains and destroys cities. It's a wonder he wasn't on the X-Force hit list. Put him on some more badass Avengers type team since everyone's all Inhuman-phobic. Do something other than make him the big bad of the X world...

#142 Edited by PenguinDust (9693 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this where Marvel kills off all of the mutant title books because the film versions compete with Disney's MCU? Too bad. I never liked the Inhumans except as a secondary within the more interesting Fantasic Four books.

Avatar image for hopesummersforthefuture
#143 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

in december????? people will forget about this by then lmao

#144 Posted by mrkareemruiz (477 posts) - - Show Bio
#145 Edited by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

Just destruction of that fart-cloud would be victory enough.

#146 Posted by LooneyTune2250 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay more reasons to go read and support DC's stuff. I mean how original, ANOTHER huge event from Marvel. Secret Wars, Pleasant Hill, Civil War 2 and now this!

Avatar image for christianrapper
#147 Edited by christianrapper (6516 posts) - - Show Bio

the thing about events is that they should be rare. this getting kind of out of hand. i hope this is contained in just the xmen and the inhumans. also, they are making way too many inhumans. what's so special about having powers if everyone has them?

Avatar image for deactivated-1351355
#149 Posted by deactivated-1351355 (5579 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

Sometimes I just wish the mutants existed in their own universe seperate from the rest of Marvel. At least then they won't be constantly forced to fight other teams and be made to look bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4
#150 Posted by deactivated-5c8fd6cb3e4f4 (18365 posts) - - Show Bio

@sp4rt4n said:

Black Bolt > The entire X-franchise combined. Yet the guy can't just get his own book. And since the Inhumans movie got pushed back, can we get Black Bolt back in a costume that's not as horrible to look at?

wth no.