• 144 results
#51 Posted by Battle123axe (9056 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh

#52 Posted by BR_Havoc (1756 posts) - - Show Bio

Well her comes another event that is most likely going to be a sloppy mess that leads to earth shattering changes that people pretend did not happen two months later. Medusa as a character has shown she is a terrible leader, choosing to be selfish and headstrong. Combine that with a relationship with Johnny no one asked for or supports and the fact she is perfectly willing to commit genocide, you have a "hero" who is an awful lot like a political leader the western world would dispense.

Marvel's upcoming relaunch is the most unappealing line up I can remember, I normally read upwards of 12 Marvel titles a month and as of right now its 4 and they where the books I was already reading. Nothing about the new status quo or new "Legacy" character interest me.

#53 Edited by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@igilistr said:

@mark_stephen: HEROES?! Are you aware that Inhumans are completly aware that their poison murdering mutants and they dont do... no, they REFUSE to do anything about it.

So far im concern, INHUMAN SCUM ARE VILLAINS! Which mean that Inhumans vs X-men is after long time first big event in which heroes, X-men, fighting villains, Inhuman scum.

Not really no, I thought the mist had been stolen and released by the US government. I'm not sure why if it is a mist Storm or Thor couldn't just blow it to someplace deserted. Not sure why Medusa doesn't want it contained or destroyed. Maybe she just isn't written as caring if mutants die but that's not the Medusa I used to know. Then again I didn't realize Hawkeye could so easily become a murderer either.

#54 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio
@lurkero said:

This is the ultimate symbolism of Disney just beating down the Xmen.

Also, are there any villains remaining? Are "heroes" just bored now?

I figure there must be a super villain retirement home.

#55 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

People complain but they'll still buy it.

Not everyone.

#56 Posted by fastflash12 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually according to my local comic shop, people have been dropping Civil War II like crazy, issue #1 was the only one they sold out of so far...

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
#57 Posted by EarthsMightiest (2765 posts) - - Show Bio

@fastflash12: opposite at mine, they can't keep CW in stock not sure why it has been a rather average event.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#58 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: Black Bolt and Maximus released the mist, and they've yet to take responsibility for it.

#59 Posted by Gotham331 (516 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93 said:

@mark_stephen: Black Bolt and Maximus released the mist, and they've yet to take responsibility for it.

Any idea why? Were they just bored that day?

#61 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio
@gotham331 said:

Actually according to my local comic shop, people have been dropping Civil War II like crazy, issue #1 was the only one they sold out of so far...

@fastflash12: opposite at mine, they can't keep CW in stock not sure why it has been a rather average event.

It all depends on where you are I guess. Over all sales will be the key, in my opinion marvel won't start really being creative again until low sales force them to, until then they'll just keep recycling hero/hero fights and keep making villains out of heroes. At this point I'm amazed any of the heroes like or will talk to each other anymore. I wouldn't trust any of them period.

#62 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9905 posts) - - Show Bio

Well here we go the War has begun. Technically the X-Men should win this with no problem, but I'm sure Marvel has them as the bad guys and will make them lose.

Side Note: Just throwing it out there Storm can actually remove the mist and or stop it from reaching the Earths Atmosphere.....BUT apparently MARVEL says otherwise. -_-

#63 Posted by harlequinreala (143 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys could read X-Men '92. That's enjoyable.

#64 Posted by Lvenger (36338 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor X-Men, they've been getting the shaft in universe and from Marvel's publication shelving. Worse, it's devolved into another Avengers vs X-Men storyline which was derivative and wholly uninspired to say the least.

#65 Posted by mantequilla (271 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldnt this be the 3RD EVENT WITHIN A YEAR were Marvel does hero vs hero? Does Marvel know other type of stories exist?

#66 Edited by roy81 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@ambaryerno: Avengers vs. X-men showed that both sides made bad decisions.

It also showed that the Marvel heroes spent years ignoring the problems mutants were dealing with. Also,its clear the avengers ruined world peace by continuing to fight the Phoenix five.

Anyway,as far as this event goes...I'm having a hard time remembering an event where the heroes weren't fighting each other.

Marvel really needs to stop.

#68 Posted by Bl00dwerK (957 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe now we can get this shit over with.

#69 Posted by Cagnazzo82 (226 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder how many more heroes the Inhumans can attack before they're declared villains.

Also that meme about Disney vs X-Men couldn't be any more accurate. Nice job, Marvel, on making your new 'not-mutants' the least likable superheroes (can you even call them that) currently on Marvel's roster.

#70 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7191 posts) - - Show Bio

@sp4rt4n said:

Black Bolt > The entire X-franchise combined. Yet the guy can't just get his own book. And since the Inhumans movie got pushed back, can we get Black Bolt back in a costume that's not as horrible to look at?

Pisses me off to, the guy has all this potential and is vastly sidelined. I like to look at characters and pretty much pitch my own canon ideas on where they could be taken and I feel like Black Bolt is one of the fun ones to look at.

#71 Edited by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

@gotham331 said:

@fastflash12: maybe there's Hope?!

Yeah maybe she and Cable will come and turn it around for the X people

#CyclopsWasRight

#MagnetoIsRight

#BendisWillAlwaysBeWrong

#72 Posted by RaunJisto (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't understand how the Inhumans can be seen as heroes when they have no desire to get rid of a mist that kills mutants and forces people to transform into often hideous creatures. Seriously Medusa, if your species can only exist through an outside source do you even count as a real species that MUST exist? I mean they were all humans before being Inhumans right?

#73 Posted by roy81 (34 posts) - - Show Bio

@mutant_god: Where is Hope anyway? I feel like I haven't heart about her since Cable And The X-force.

#74 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9905 posts) - - Show Bio

@raunjisto: You bring up a good point. It feels like it was forced upon humans to change like it or not And then immediately put into subjugation by a Woman who proclaims herself Queen of a Species that's unknown

#75 Edited by fastflash12 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

@earthsmightiest: I'm not sure how much your store orders but mine is now only ordering maybe 10 more than what is requested by pull customers and a good amount dropped after issue #3 with the consensus being that if for the sake of adding some drama to an otherwise forgettable event, you kill Bruce Banner, a historic Marvel hero, and then turn Hawkeye into a questionable hero without there really being a compelling reason to do so then you alienate fans who think that there could have been better alternate ways to stop the Ulysses vision of a Hulk-out killing everybody (which was kind of nonsensical to begin with). Plus the plot has gotten spotty, why would Bruce ONLY tell Hawkeye about his contingency plan. There are multiple heroes out there who could've stopped or at least contained the situation of a Hulk-out. There was no need for what played out in the story. The biggest failure at Marvel is that they literally are recycling old ideas. Civil War II and Inhumans vs. X-Men are events that are rip-offs of Civil War and A vs. X, Then Marvel tries desperately to try to set it apart and we get what we're witnessing now...

#76 Posted by LooneyTune2250 (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Meanwhile at DC's Rebirth = :D

#77 Posted by Gotham331 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

@earthsmightiest: that's what I'm talking about. People keep complaining event after event about heroes fighting heroes. They complain about all these events that threaten to change the marvel universe forever. They say they get tired of all these pointless events and shock value changes and stories and just keep on running out to buy it. Then wanna rejoice when Marvel is number one in sales. But what have they sold you? The same ol same ol.

#78 Posted by Gotham331 (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus, where are the villains? The heroes are the villains in the Marvel universe. There's no bigger threat the man the one posed by the "saviors" of their universe. They fight each other more than they fought the villains. I've never seen a group of "heroes" in so much conflict with each other. Isn't there any common ground? Can they compromise? No! They have to fight week in and week out. Hell, the villains should just get a regular job because they're no more threatening than the good guys.

#79 Posted by jeanvaljean11 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

#xmenforthewin

#cyclopswasright

#shavemedusahair

#blackboltmurdermutants

#80 Posted by Mutant God (3957 posts) - - Show Bio

@roy81 said:

@mutant_god: Where is Hope anyway? I feel like I haven't heart about her since Cable And The X-force.

Yes, last of when I heard about her was when ske kicked Cable out of X-Force and she became its new leader about a year or 2 ago.

#81 Posted by Ambaryerno (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@sp4rt4n said:

Black Bolt > The entire X-franchise combined. Yet the guy can't just get his own book. And since the Inhumans movie got pushed back, can we get Black Bolt back in a costume that's not as horrible to look at?

Unless Dazzler remembers she's an X-Man. She's absorbed his scream before. Hell, she absorbed the Power Cosmic, and that's a source of INFINITE sound.

#82 Edited by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93 said:

So, the terrigen mist is going to saturate the planet, which will wipeout the mutant species(genocide) and wreak havoc on the planet. The X-Men want to stop it, and the Inhumans won't allow that because the advancement of their species is more important to them than the lives of innocents...

Wat? How are the Inhumans not considered villains? Why aren't the Avengers going after them as well?

@igilistr said:

@mark_stephen: HEROES?! Are you aware that Inhumans are completly aware that their poison murdering mutants and they dont do... no, they REFUSE to do anything about it.

So far im concern, INHUMAN SCUM ARE VILLAINS! Which mean that Inhumans vs X-men is after long time first big event in which heroes, X-men, fighting villains, Inhuman scum.

Not really no, I thought the mist had been stolen and released by the US government. I'm not sure why if it is a mist Storm or Thor couldn't just blow it to someplace deserted. Not sure why Medusa doesn't want it contained or destroyed. Maybe she just isn't written as caring if mutants die but that's not the Medusa I used to know. Then again I didn't realize Hawkeye could so easily become a murderer either.

The reason is actually that there is a prophecy that if the Inhumans don't greatly increase their numbers there will be a genocide event against them and they will all die. The only way to survive it is to maximize the number of Inhumans so they get the right skills to survive it. It's the real reason Black Bolt set off the terrigen bomb in the first place.

So it isn't advancement vs lives of mutants, it's literally pick genocide or genocide and they are picking their own species to survive, which I'd say almost anyone would do. (of course many are hoping to find a cure instead for the mutants so all survive)

This has been a major plot point in the Inhumans books and is why they let their own villains like Lash live.

The issue is Marvel has done a shit job of letting anyone know this who doesn't read Soule's work (heck even in Uncanny Inhumans it hasn't been brought up as much, you'd need to read Inhuman to know it). They have also failed to have the Inhumans tell anyone else in the universe this for god knows what reason.

#83 Posted by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93 said:

See my above post!

#84 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6 said:
@mark_stephen said:
@sprior93 said:

See my above post!

Good explanation, thanks. They could have just sent out a call for anyone who wanted to be exposed to the mist though, given the population of the Earth they would have had all the applicants they needed.

Marvel really is becoming the haven of hack writing.

#86 Edited by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@mark_stephen: Oh yeah definitely. There's is definitely some blame to be pointed (mostly at Black Bolt as he didn't even tell the rest of the royal family except Maximus until after he'd already released the T Bomb) and things could've been handled better to deal with it. Like you said lots of people would volunteer for the chance to have powers.

I think it explains people like Medusa's actions a lot better though. She's really just kind of stuck because of what Black Bolt did.

#87 Posted by Mark_Stephen (2616 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6 said:

@mark_stephen: Oh yeah definitely. There's is definitely some blame to be pointed (mostly at Black Bolt as he didn't even tell the rest of the royal family except Maximus until after he'd already released the T Bomb) and things could've been handled better to deal with it. Like you said lots of people would volunteer for the chance to have powers.

I think it explains people like Medusa's actions a lot better though. She's really just kind of stuck because of what Black Bolt did.

Maybe that's why she's having an affair with Johnny, though if it is hurting Black Bolt it must really be hurting Crystal.

#88 Posted by Wowlock (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, as if Marvel would let their new golden goose to lose to the Mutants...I already know how they will destroy the X-men because of the stupid movie rights stuff and yet I still won't support the damn Inhumans. They are less human than mutants. They are alien experiments that awaken with a freaking GAS while Mutants are a natural evolution.... And yet Mutants are the bad guys ?

And come on, if anything, that Terrigen Mist should've been collected a LONG TIME AGO. Don't tell me they don't have some fancy gather to gather up some gas cloud while having Time Travel machines, Cosmic powers etc because I would call BULLSHIT on it.

Also, they really wanna go there so quickly ? After Civil War 2 and how that stupid Inhuman ''vision'' kid caused all the idiocy, I doubt anyone would support Inhumans.

#89 Posted by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@dankhan6 said:

Maybe that's why she's having an affair with Johnny, though if it is hurting Black Bolt it must really be hurting Crystal.

I expect that's part of it. Definitely sucks for Crystal though.

I think part of it is also that Johnny is so care free it allows her to forget all her responsibilities cleaning up Black Bolts mess and have fun for a little while.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#90 Edited by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4589 posts) - - Show Bio

Only thing I care about and want to see is Magneto and Black Bolt throw the hell down.

In a brutal epic and bloody battling leaving both broken and beaten.

Hopefully Magneto just rips apart the inhumans.....I just wanna see Magneto destroy everything in sight.

#Magnetoisright

#91 Posted by noiru12 (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop trying to make Inhumans happen

#92 Edited by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio

@mangakid1995: Does he? Jezz, he can either realy keep it in secret or he doing verry lousy job with it.

#93 Posted by lionman (56 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea there isnt anyone on the xmen that even stands half a chance against Black Bolt. Maybe Jean if she was phoenix. Im not looking forward to seeing him being dumbed down for this series, hes probably gonna be toe to toe with magneto which is terrible.

#94 Posted by lionman (56 posts) - - Show Bio
@sp4rt4n said:

^This

#95 Posted by JeDiJ101 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this will be where they bring back the Richards family and molecule man to stop the terrigan and restore the mutants who died because that is what Marvel does. it "kills" characters to make it a "surprise" when the return

Cause it hasn't ever been done beforeever( well at least not in the last 30 days)

#96 Edited by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@dankhan6 said:

The reason is actually that there is a prophecy that if the Inhumans don't greatly increase their numbers there will be a genocide event against them and they will all die. The only way to survive it is to maximize the number of Inhumans so they get the right skills to survive it. It's the real reason Black Bolt set off the terrigen bomb in the first place.

So it isn't advancement vs lives of mutants, it's literally pick genocide or genocide and they are picking their own species to survive, which I'd say almost anyone would do. (of course many are hoping to find a cure instead for the mutants so all survive)

This has been a major plot point in the Inhumans books and is why they let their own villains like Lash live.

The issue is Marvel has done a shit job of letting anyone know this who doesn't read Soule's work (heck even in Uncanny Inhumans it hasn't been brought up as much, you'd need to read Inhuman to know it). They have also failed to have the Inhumans tell anyone else in the universe this for god knows what reason.

Just the fact that they are villing to murder milions of people and screw with lives of countles other or that they even decited to pick even one genocide is VILLAINOUS ENOUGH.

If they were heroes/good guys, they would do just as Mark here sayd. They wold anounce that people can be turned into Inhumans IF THEY WANT. They would do tests and then turning them. But this one is same like what Wesker want to do in Resident Evil 5 and hes (was, cause he bites the dust(lava) now) villain.

#97 Posted by igilistr (79 posts) - - Show Bio
Good explanation, thanks. They could have just sent out a call for anyone who wanted to be exposed to the mist though, given the population of the Earth they would have had all the applicants they needed.

Marvel really is becoming the haven of hack writing.

Yeah, they could definitly just do that and not going full Wesker in Resident Evil 5, like i mentioned above.

#98 Posted by dan12456 (3006 posts) - - Show Bio

@igilistr said:
@dankhan6 said:

Just the fact that they are villing to murder milions of people and screw with lives of countles other or that they even decited to pick even one genocide is VILLAINOUS ENOUGH.

If they were heroes/good gyus, they would do just as Mark here sayd. They wold anounce that people can be turned into Inhumans IF THEY WANT, they would do test and then turning them. But this one is same like what Wesker want to do in Resident Evil 5 and hes (was, cause he bites the dust(lava) now) villain.

Totally fair opinion, but it only applies to Black Bolt and Maximus. The other Inhumans never got to make that choice. By the time they found out about the prophecy Black Bolt had already released the T bomb. So they've only ever had the choice of destroy the mist, thus committing genocide on Inhumans or allow it to stay, thus committing genocide on mutants. It's an impossible choice, hence why Medusa has her top scientists working with Beast to try to find a cure instead, so she doesn't have to choose a group to die.

I think X-fans are fair hating Black Bolt, but the rest of the Inhumans really had nothing to do with it. And they've kicked him off the throne for his actions.

#99 Posted by Darkmount1 (1535 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh come on, AGAIN?? Enough with the stupid hero vs. hero stories!!!

No Caption Provided

#100 Posted by phocracker (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@sp4rt4n: Black Bolt has nothing on Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Angel, Beast, Magneto, Prof. X, or Iceman (is that his name?)