Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided
Who's excited for Avengers: Children's Crusade? I sure am. Even though this doesn't have the title, YOUNG Avengers, we know that's basically what this is. Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung are back together  and who better to take on this story?

Scarlet Witch changed the world forever with three little words. With her return, will things ever be the same? What will the Young Avengers do when they come across her? What will the "regular" Avengers think? Let's not forget about any mutants that might be around when she pops up either.

The first issue goes on sale July 8, 2010 with a $3.99 price tag. You can expect it's going to be quite the reunion.

Check out the preview pages courtesy of Marvel. Are you excited yet?
 == TEASER ==

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
#1 Posted by luckynitro007 (93 posts) - - Show Bio

wiccan=whoa
#2 Posted by Magian (151457 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks very good.
#3 Posted by PrinceIMC (5506 posts) - - Show Bio

Of all the Heroic Age Avengers stuff this is the one I've been anticipating most. I mean New Avengers was great, Secret Avengers was good, Avengers was okay but this will be awesome.

#4 Posted by Benzo (642 posts) - - Show Bio

omg! this looks awesome! :O

#5 Posted by leokearon (1970 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally Wanda's story is going to be resolved. I hope it will be good
#6 Posted by Rosebunse (156 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! I usually don't get into YA, but this looks too beautiful to miss! But I hope this isn't the story that makes Magneto into the bad guy again. I know it will happen one day, but for now, let's just have him be the concerned father, please?
#7 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4172 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad I was never really a fan of the Young Avengers, but this might be something I pick up... maybe. My question is.. why is Steve dressed in his old Cap uniform?

#8 Edited by Benzo (642 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: I think this event happens straight after siege, that's probably why, he's still wearing his old costume,even Tony is not wearing his new armour, I really like the continuity of this event ! :D
#9 Posted by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Teddy/Hulkling kiss that guy?

Avatar image for the_orange_crush
#10 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nova`Prime`: ign did an interview with tom brevoort and allen heinberg which they kind of address steve's situation with his suit.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/109/1096227p1.html
Avatar image for the_orange_crush
#11 Posted by the_orange_crush (79 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13: yeah he is, i think they addressed in previous YA that he is gay. he may have also had a relationship with wiccan.
#12 Posted by llagrok (694 posts) - - Show Bio

lololol @ people accepting Scarlet witch. 

She killed millions of people throughout various timelines and she erased the next step in human evolution. 

#13 Posted by The_Martian (37399 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man and Cap's look make me think this is flashback series.

#14 Posted by shawn87 (2798 posts) - - Show Bio

wow the art looks great...cant wait to read this one

#15 Posted by longas91 (69 posts) - - Show Bio

AWESOME!! can't wait!!

#16 Posted by Preacherl2k (472 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually VERY excited about this book - I have been waiting and waiting for the return of one of my favorite characters~~ The SCARLET WITCH! I would buy this book no matter the art or any other reason, just for Wanda, luckily the art looks great and I hope the story is too!

Either way, so long as it has to do with Wanda I'M THERE!

Avatar image for red_lightning_alpha
#17 Posted by Red_Lightning_Alpha (69 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benzo: the reason they're in old costumes is because the story was in development like 2 years ago, with the artwork being done last year so they had to try and guess what the future had in store. They didn't know that iron man would have a new suit and steve rogers wouldn't be cap when he came back. I saw an interview on ign.com   
#18 Edited by pixelized (49085 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember reading about this a while ago, and the Synopsis sounded a lot like what was covered in the Young Avengers Presents books. So now I'm not entirely on board with the book. Oh and calling it "Children's Crusade" makes me feel waaaay too old to be reading this.

I do loves me some Wiccan though.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
#19 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19151 posts) - - Show Bio

Children's Crusade sort of sounds like that thing Vertigo did years ago

Avatar image for ironspidy_rooney
#20 Posted by IronSpidy-Rooney (369 posts) - - Show Bio

I'v been waiting forever for a sequel to Young Avengers 

#21 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4172 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benzo: It does seem Heroic Age is jumping around abit. But they have stories they want to tell that happened directly after Siege and stuff they want to tell that is down the line.. can't put everything on hold to tell a story.

@pixelized: Children's Crusade doesn't make me feel old.. it reminds me of the child soldiers used in Africa.

Avatar image for artisticneedham
#22 Posted by ArtisticNeedham (2730 posts) - - Show Bio

The first issue goes on sale July 8, 2010 with a $3.99 price tag.

I am marking my calander.  The art looks awesome and I have been missing the Young Avengers.
I am loving the Heroic Age titles!
#23 Posted by TheMess1428 (2211 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'm guessing this isn't in continuity... And was that Quicksilver as a Young Avenger?

#24 Posted by Yumulu (764 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by longbowhunter (9425 posts) - - Show Bio

This really does look awesome.
#26 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

WICCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HE'S THE BEST GAY!!!!! 

WANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It took them long enough.  I mean damn!  I was concerned whe was going to become the modern day version of past Illyana

#27 Posted by WARLOCK2792 (18072 posts) - - Show Bio

WICCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  HE'S THE BEST GAY!!!!! 

WANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It took them long enough.  I mean damn!  I was concerned whe was going to become the modern day version of past Illyana    
#28 Posted by Captain13 (4769 posts) - - Show Bio
@the_orange_crush said:
" @Captain13: yeah he is, i think they addressed in previous YA that he is gay. he may have also had a relationship with wiccan. "
Yeah, I know, but it's random for him to be kissing a henchman he's probably never met before.
#29 Posted by Asymmetrical (23750 posts) - - Show Bio

Gaiman already did the comic version of the Children's Crusade in '93...I was satisfied with that

#30 Posted by the_fallen11 (642 posts) - - Show Bio

when does this take place? why is Tony in his old suit?
#31 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3295 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome! I totally can't wait for this.

#32 Posted by Belladonna (12084 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing artwork and seems to be a great preview only if dialogs were involve ;)<33

#33 Posted by cwpolzel (863 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"

Gaiman already did the comic version of the Children's Crusade in '93...I was satisfied with that

"

Don't be catty aztek :P Yeah, I looking forward to this.
Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
#34 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (11984 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Young Avengers and I can't wait in till this comes out. 

#35 Posted by CellphoneGirl (19119 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been waiting years for this to come out lol

Avatar image for the_cyan_lantern
#36 Posted by The Cyan Lantern (276 posts) - - Show Bio

I sit gonna be a on-going?!?

#37 Posted by coolbeans (250 posts) - - Show Bio

I really used to like Young Avengers i hope this is good, I don't want the return of Wanda to be a let down
#38 Posted by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" @the_orange_crush said:
" @Captain13: yeah he is, i think they addressed in previous YA that he is gay. he may have also had a relationship with wiccan. "
Yeah, I know, but it's random for him to be kissing a henchman he's probably never met before. "

Yeah that's what I thought... In Sige: Young Avengers Wiccan and Hulking are still a couple so I don't understand why h would kiss a random guy either... 

I am a huuuge fan of Wiccan's character! So this is a MUST for m I am really excited for this!!! I been wanting to study psychology for a long time and Wiccan and Wanda's characters are character's who, if they exsisted in real life, I would love to pick their brains for a while!
#39 Posted by Hawkling (178 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! Love the Young Avengers. I wish it wasn't a bimonthly book though. 18 months for a 9 issue series, i don't know if I can wait that long.

#40 Posted by Peevo (40 posts) - - Show Bio

If you read the ign article, this is in current 616 continuity (post siege). The costume errors are bad planning/guessing from the creative team. It's a 9 issue bi-monthly limited series.

#41 Posted by 00 Raiser (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Always liked Wiccan and this sounds like its going to be really good. So this is a definite buy.

#42 Edited by DH69 (4324 posts) - - Show Bio

sure caps dead a little under 2 years and is brought back in a 6 month arc. she's been dead for 5 and her 9 issues is gonna take 18 months where's the justice

#43 Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

There's so many Marvel books coming out the day this does. It's gonna be a hard time choosing which ones to do for our Unscripteds as well as try to throw in some DC books.

Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
#44 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2924 posts) - - Show Bio

I still have a beef with the Scarlet Witch.

#45 Posted by Agent9149 (3627 posts) - - Show Bio

This makes me so happy :']

#46 Posted by Tyler Starke (4328 posts) - - Show Bio

Children's crusade sounds like an awful title, not to mention that this is a flashback afterthought bullcrap, either that or cap and iron man are doing laundry that day and have to wear old duds

#47 Posted by Leliel (1474 posts) - - Show Bio

this I like!

#48 Posted by llagrok (694 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin: Most people should still have beef with her, she committed genocide.
#49 Posted by kerukun878 (379 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't understand why the Cap there is Steve... :/

#50 Posted by PhoenixEssence (21 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a serious bone to pick with Mrs Wanda Maximoff !  

So I hope Wiccan can settle everything about his past this time : his PsychoHeroine mom , his EvilDominating freak poppy , and the fact that he and Speed were conjured out of magic . Then he can comeback and move on with his reality : Boyfriend , School , Hero's career .....