First Look: UNCANNY AVENGERS #1--Now With More Deadpool

• 83 results
Posted by gmanfromheck (42524 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

This October, it’s truly a team of Earth’s Mightiest Heroes unlike any you’ve seen before. Humans! Mutants! Inhumans! Deadpool! Yeah, we’re not kidding! Today, Marvel is pleased to present your first look at UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 – the blockbuster new series from Gerry Duggan and Ryan Stegman! It’s an All-New, All-Different Marvel Universe and Steve Rogers has assembled a new squad for the same purpose – unity. Joining the man once called Captain America are Rogue, Spider-Man, the Human Torch, Doctor Voodoo, Deadpool, Quicksilver and newcomer Synapse. United under one banner, these seven heroes will stand shoulder to shoulder in the public eye – a shining beacon of cooperation between human, inhuman and mutant alike. But with a dangerous new villain on the prowl, the bonds of this untested squad will stretched. Are cracks in the unity squad already beginning to form? Find out this October in the explosive debut of UNCANNY AVENGERS #1!

UNCANNY AVENGERS #1 (AUG150825)

Written by GERRY DUGGAN

Art & Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

Hip-Hop Variant by JASON PEARSON (AUG150827)

Cosplay Variant by MISS KIT QUINN (AUG150828)

Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL (AUG150829)

Kirby Monster Variant by GEOF DARROW (AUG150830)

Blank Cover Also Available (AUG150826)

FOC – 09/21/15, On-Sale 10/14/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#1 Posted by Bl00dwerK (958 posts) - - Show Bio

The ONLY reason I'm picking up this book is for Rogue...

#2 Posted by Mooty_Pass (10450 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Uncanny Avengers is Rogue and Deadpool representing for the mutants side?

#3 Posted by Aliltron (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@bl00dwerk:

I was going to say the same thing xD. Her and Steve Rogers. That's it.

#4 Edited by Cloakx14 (9136 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1635 posts) - - Show Bio

This book is going to be great

#6 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

Still wait for a super villain version; like a Brotherhood of Master* where ennemy of the Avengers and the X-men join together like the heroes did, it will be way better then one dimensional menace, group create only for the occasion or worst heroes vs heroes.

*Sound a little "white supremasist." but hey if you have a better name go-on.

#7 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool involvement = 50% less chance of buying this...

(Whos the pigeon controller?)

#8 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (873 posts) - - Show Bio

For the Uncanny Avengers is Rogue and Deadpool representing for the mutants side?

Deadpool isn't a mutant.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
#9 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (3366 posts) - - Show Bio

@idontlikebirds:

Deadpool: I'M NOT A MUTANT! I WISH I WAS! BUT PEOPLE! KEEP! RUBBING IT! IN! MY! FACE!

Avatar image for robertelsmore77
#10 Edited by RobertElsmore77 (59 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one seriously underpowered Avengers Roster...yeah yeah Voodoo, Rogue and Quicksilver, but they don't stack up to Thor and Iron Man. Watch out, here comes geriatric Steve!

#11 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one seriously underpowered Avengers Roster...yeah yeah Voodoo, Rogue and Quicksilver, but they don't stack up to Thor and Iron Man. Watch out, here comes geriatric Steve!

Well is good thing not having the big gun.

This is still a better roster then the "all-new" who have Ms Marvel in it only because she is popular despite having 15 year and having no experience with team(which is stupid to put her in the number one team of the marvel universe.).

#12 Edited by Surza7 (353 posts) - - Show Bio

I still do not like quicksilvers costume at all,especially the color,but Spider-Mans suit is just pretty awesome.

#13 Posted by AriesWarlock (260 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, the art on most of the covers and comic itself is bad.

#14 Posted by time1 (6433 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks dreadful. Poor Rogue

#15 Posted by the_stegman (40389 posts) - - Show Bio

So...no Avengers team has an impressive roster now...

#16 Posted by asjmooney (384 posts) - - Show Bio

@arieswarlock: that's what I thought. Not interested in this in the slightest

#17 Posted by CurlyInsaneGuy (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of the art in this one, though that Campbell cover is fantastic.

#18 Edited by xblah_blahx (2893 posts) - - Show Bio

The fast forward symbol on Quicksivers chest looks ridiculous.

#19 Posted by LCazT1996 (642 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait...

Is this Johnny Storm or Jim Hammond?

#20 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow some serious Debbie Downers in this comment section.

Could be an interesting cast some very distinct characters from very different backgrounds and teams so I'm sort of liking it won't know it'll I've read it though.

#21 Posted by Ambaryerno (514 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, Marvel, give Kitty and Rogue back to the X-Men! The Inhumans can keep Beast, tho.

Avatar image for handofprometheus
#22 Edited by HandOfPrometheus (887 posts) - - Show Bio

So...no Avengers team has an impressive roster now...

That's what i'm saying at least the new X-Men teams are somewhat keeping a powerful roster. Rogue and Voodoo the only ones that are powerful force (i'm not too sure on Spider-Mans power set these days).

#23 Posted by TheBlackHood (594 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, Marvel, give Kitty and Rogue back to the X-Men! The Inhumans can keep Beast, tho.

Amen. Beast has been the biggest douche since "Second Coming", yet Marvel is still harping on Cyclops in the "All New X-men" solicit.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#24 Edited by blackspidey2099 (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

@handofprometheus: @handofprometheus: Spider-Man's powerful enough to keep up with any Earth based heavy hitter, and it looks like he is getting an upgrade for ANAD Marvel.

One thing - why isn't Spidey wearing his new, metallic and glowing suit in this issue?

#25 Posted by Thunderscream (2621 posts) - - Show Bio

Synapse? I thought that was gonna be Quake...and she controls....birds? Neat.

Not a big fan of the art here, everything's so lumpy :/

Avatar image for thebrownpowerranger
#26 Posted by TheBrownPowerRanger (147 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackspidey2099: I saw a wordless preview of the first issue of the new amazing spider-man issue. I think his eyes and symbol only glow when he is using the tech in them.

#27 Posted by MachoMustachio (303 posts) - - Show Bio

No Caption Provided

although if returning him to the X-Men where he should be right now means that he will be drawn by the horrible artist Humberto Ramos *shudder* then I guess Hank is better off with the Screw you FOX X-Men (also known as the Inhumans)

While the art might not be great (especially Quicksilver's downgrade from the awesome Daniel Acuna design) I am kinda excited for this, and if nothing else it has one of my favorite fictional characters of all time (Spidey) and a couple characters i like a lot (Deadpool, Rouge, Captain America)

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
#28 Posted by blackspidey2099 (7035 posts) - - Show Bio

@thebrownpowerranger: Yeah, I saw it too, but I didn't think of that. I guess it is a possibility, though one would think that facing large scale Avengers threats would give Spidey a reason to amp himself with the suit. Also, it looks more like spandex than metal.

#29 Posted by Mr. Kamikaze (834 posts) - - Show Bio

I still don't know which Human Torch this is

Jim or Johnny?

#30 Posted by Bonzi161 (129 posts) - - Show Bio

I like that its finally something different (or different enough) I have been pretty tuned out of Marvel for a while now but I may read this (in TPB)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#31 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

who is the ninja chick

#32 Posted by Janjaman (101 posts) - - Show Bio

Fastforward and Rec are in the team. Where are rewind and stop?

#33 Edited by UltronMk7 (122 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really not very impressed with any of the Avengers rosters. Marvel is on such a role right now, Secret Wars has been a home run IMHO, so im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Really excited for some of the titles like Uncanny InHumans and Daredevil, but Avengers and New Avengers were clearly my fav Marvel books and none of the new Avengers books excite me. Hoping Waid can do something special like the end of his Daredevil run but I just hate all the young characters. 3 high school kids on the main Avengers roster? Wtf?

Avatar image for amazing_spiderman
#34 Posted by Amazing_Spiderman (94 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome spidey on a team again

#35 Posted by Ramior (425 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really not very impressed with any of the Avengers rosters. Marvel is on such a role right now, Secret Wars has been a home run IMHO, so im willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Really excited for some of the titles like Uncanny InHumans and Daredevil, but Avengers and New Avengers were clearly my fav Marvel books and none of the new Avengers books excite me. Hoping Waid can do something special like the end of his Daredevil run but I just hate all the young characters. 3 high school kids on the main Avengers roster? Wtf?

Only because Milles and Khamala are popular and Marvel try to legetimate the new Nova even everebody hate him for unceremony remplace Richard Rider.

To be honest the idea to mix old and youger to bother me, after two of this young have already team experiance, but Khamala should no't star on the number one marvel team, she belong to the new warriors, young avengers or any "teen titans" like team;

And that piss me off, because she only on this team because she is popular!

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
#36 Posted by StMichalofWilson (5639 posts) - - Show Bio

"New team. Same mission. More Deadpool."

That should be on the cover of this comic.

#37 Posted by FearTheLiving (8837 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

who is the ninja chick

It helps to read the article.

Joining the man once called Captain America are Rogue, Spider-Man, the Human Torch, Doctor Voodoo, Deadpool, Quicksilver and newcomer Synapse.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
#38 Posted by deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79 (12104 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

who is the ninja chick

It helps to read the article.

Joining the man once called Captain America are Rogue, Spider-Man, the Human Torch, Doctor Voodoo, Deadpool, Quicksilver and newcomer Synapse.

aint nobody got time fo dat

#39 Posted by Jumdor (112 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I the only one. Maybe I'm just an old school cat, but does the cosplay covers thing feel weak to anyone else?

I know it's marvel just trying to keep in the loop. Least that's what I figure it is.

#40 Posted by Heatblaze (10402 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiderman and Deadpool, are what interest me the most, overall not a fan of the artstyle but I'll get over it as long as it's good.

#41 Posted by Kokemabb200 (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

Brother Voodoo is one of my favorite characters, I hope he gets some developement out of this run. He's really under-utlized

#42 Edited by TheHeat (712 posts) - - Show Bio

That Scott Campbell variant is boss. Btw, that fast forward symbol on QS' chest is stupid.

#43 Posted by GolDEnsPectre (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#44 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18174 posts) - - Show Bio

@handofprometheus: what about the Torch? And we don't even know anything about synapse yet.

#45 Edited by Tyger (2849 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Torch Johnny, Hector, or Toro?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#46 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio

Give Rogue back to the X-Men!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#47 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (18174 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Edited by 2cool4fun (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is Deadpool in 2 Avengers teams?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
#49 Posted by deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3 (12864 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by 2cool4fun (2418 posts) - - Show Bio

@sprior93: :/

It probably will give more cash, juts like gwenpool, but tbh, things like this, are why I'm starting to slowly hate Harley & Deadpool, and slowly not like Batman & Spider-Man